PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Possible to get the Dragonblood subtype with Undead type?

balistafreak
2012-02-20, 10:07 PM
See the title.

A Sorcerer receives the best goodies ever for going Dragonblood, but going Necropolitan receives a lot of benefits as well.

Is there any RAW way of getting both?

dextercorvia
2012-02-20, 10:12 PM
It's simple, but Draconic Heritage grants the subtype. It doesn't seem to care what your type is.

balistafreak
2012-02-20, 10:13 PM
It's simple, but Draconic Heritage grants the subtype. It doesn't seem to care what your type is.

I saw that feat and was like "hmmmmmm that's easy", but I heard somewhere earlier that you can't possess both the Undead type and Dragonblood subtype by RAW.

If there's no evidence for that though...

dextercorvia
2012-02-20, 10:17 PM
Nothing I can find in the Dragonblood subtype. It doesn't require living creature, etc.

SirFredgar
2012-02-20, 10:20 PM
Nothing I can find in the Dragonblood subtype. It doesn't require living creature, etc.

I was under the impression that Necropolitian wouldn't change your subtypes (Computer Crash has left me bookless untill I can drudge out my hard-copies from storage), so you should be able to Go Forestlord Elf, or Silverbrow Human, or what-have-you, and then Necro it up.

balistafreak
2012-02-20, 10:23 PM
Well then... that was easy. :smallconfused:

Maybe it had something to do with order: if I take a Dragonblood race, but then become a Necropolitan, do I lose the Dragonblood subtype because I just "replaced my type with Undead (no subtype)"?

SirFredgar
2012-02-20, 10:31 PM
Well then... that was easy. :smallconfused:

Maybe it had something to do with order: if I take a Dragonblood race, but then become a Necropolitan, do I lose the Dragonblood subtype because I just "replaced my type with Undead (no subtype)"?

Well, I'm at a disadvantage without confirmed sources, but from what I have gathered on the Necropolitian template is that it changes your Type, and you gain the augmented subtype. None of your subtypes should change based off that information.

Edit: Yeah, My buddy did me a solid and confirmed this is accurate.

Size and Type: The creature's type changes to undead, and it gains the augmented subtype. Do not recalculate base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. Size is unchanged.

Type changes and you gain a subtype, but no subtype changes.

Chess435
2012-02-20, 11:30 PM
When was the last time a thread like this was that easy?

Ashtagon
2012-02-20, 11:34 PM
I saw that feat and was like "hmmmmmm that's easy", but I heard somewhere earlier that you can't possess both the Undead type and Dragonblood subtype by RAW.

If there's no evidence for that though...

Savage Species was the first place to state that rule.

dextercorvia
2012-02-20, 11:44 PM
Savage Species was the first place to state that rule.

That's not possible, Races of the Dragon was the first book to mention Dragonblood subtype.

Coidzor
2012-02-20, 11:53 PM
The hierarchy of types and subtypes, while not explicitly updated, was messed around enough by the changes of 3.5 that it's not really ironclad, IIRC.

Mystify
2012-02-21, 06:44 AM
I can't think of many things that makes you lose subtypes. I once did a awakened zombie incarnate construct warforged. The only thing that survived that transformation from the base race was the living construct subtype, which meant that you had a zombie you could repair.