PDA

View Full Version : Ship Shopping!

moogloogle
2012-02-21, 08:05 PM
So my entrepreneurial character is starting a mapmaking business. She has to have ships to go explore the new world.

I've perused Stormwrack and found pretty much what I need.
Does the Caravel's 10k price-tag include sails, spare sails and ropes and the like, or is it just bare bones wood and doors? and hopefully a steering wheel :P I KNOW I'll have to buy food and hire a crew to man her. The shopping list is just getting reeeeaaaally complicated.
I figure I will have to purchase any armaments or launch boats separately.

I am TOTALLY new to anything aquatic, so any other tips and tricks would be mucho appreciated :)

Venusaur
2012-02-21, 08:10 PM
You obviously don't know the real use for ships. The real use for a ship is to qualify for the Dread Pirate prestige class. You can be an honorable or dishonorable pirate, and get phat lootz.

moogloogle
2012-02-21, 08:18 PM
You obviously don't know the real use for ships. The real use for a ship is to qualify for the Dread Pirate prestige class. You can be an honorable or dishonorable pirate, and get phat lootz.

Hey, HEY NOW. Calm it down yo :P I get to nit pick my crew and everything, and I HAVE been looking at some piraty classes.
But our characters know through many convoluted occurances over the past year and a half, that there is now (while prior there wasn't) a HUGE world to explore. So being the business minded halfling that she is, Feliscia started *wait for it* Adventurers Incorporated - employing those with a lust for travel and loot. She of course gets to keep a cut of everything for being the head honcho. She's going to start schools (because where they are now, literacy is non existant), open a string of inns and map shops, auction off ancient artifacts, and get first pick at any rare ore veins she finds!

My brain is dying for all the super thinking I have to do for her @~@ Why can't I have her 22 int?!?!?! it would make this so much easier.

Jeraa
2012-02-21, 08:19 PM
The listed price is for the entire ship - sails and rigging included.

There is no separate listing of prices for that sort of stuff, so they are included in each ships price.