PDA

View Full Version : PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

Pages : [1] 2

Prophet_of_Io
2012-02-22, 01:14 AM
The date is August 2nd 20x8, a few weeks ago supplies had just arrived from Viridian City and the small town called Pallet Town has enjoyed comforts and simple amenities it has not enjoyed since before the Great Storms. Unfortunately those comforts have begun to wane and it's again time to brave the wilds on the trail to Viridian City. Five men have been chosen, some of the last able men still alive in Pallet Town. Notables among them are Greg Richards a former Forest Ranger who knows the woods in the area fairly well, Apol Catar the only member of the search team that volunteered and Eric Mathers the youngest member of the team. It's true that with steadier communication the trip is a lot shorter, Two Days as opposed to the Two Months the first trip took. Even so, the trail is still filled with those creatures and most of the town is gathering around the outskirts of the town ready to say their goodbye's to the brave group. However a few individuals appear to be late to the event. And while they wouldn't be aware of it at the time, this would be a day that six of these missing youths would remember as the day that everything changed.

MintyNinja
2012-02-22, 03:06 AM
The ball rose up, higher and higher until it reached the apex of its arc and steadily grew larger and larger. At the last second Jason snapped his hands up and absorbed the catch. "Oh, nice arm! You're getting better Mikey! One day you'll be the best ball player in all Pallet Town!" the older boy in the jersey said. "Okay, Devon, this ones for you." He lobbed the ball up gently and tapped it with his wooden bat. It rolled to the short, pudgy boy who always asked to play despite being the slowest.

Whether or not Devon was finally able to field a grounder was not for Jason to know, because after the ball made contact with the dirt a matronly voice called out, "Jason Christopher Chelios! You get your butt out of here and go see off the expedition! You'll be late, you will!"

"Yes, Aunty Bea," he replied with false astonishment. It was a rule in her house that everyone call her Aunty Bea, and since it was the only name she ever used, it was an easy rule to follow. "Okay, Devon, throw it here." He held out his hands as the pudgy child's face broke into pure concentration and he windmilled his arm wildly. Even still, the ball didn't get fifteen feet before it stopped rolling. "Okay, nice wind up, but next time-" "JASON!" "Yes, Aunty Bea, right away!" He smiled to the other kids as he turned to leave. He made sure to bring his bat along with him, leaving it to small children unattended had gotten him in trouble before.

He was halfway to the gathering crowd when he realized he still had the ball in his hand too. It was too late to run it back and even he couldn't throw it that far. Thinking it too late to worry about he just stuffed it into a pocket of his camo shorts and carried on. Eventually he reached the outskirts of the crowd and was able to worm his way to the front.

TheGuitar
2012-02-22, 09:21 AM
The cool air stirs Eli's hair as he sits on the edge of the town, looking into the outlying lands. So much has happend... He thought as he sat. A small fox-like creature sat beside him, simply staring, obviously bored with the whole situation. It is only the creature letting out a small sigh and Eli turned to it, I know, I know you're bored Shia. But what else are we going to do today?

It was then that Eli heard a distant commotion and swore under his breath. Well, I guess we're late. he said as he started to move towards the crowd, Shia in tow.

Arcran
2012-02-22, 04:21 PM
Jordan slowly walks towards the center of town, leaning heavily on his staff. True, he could care less about the people leaving town, but the supplies should be important. In his pocket he carries Raist, the stupid Pokemon that he caught. It's more useless to me than my brother... he thinks wryly to himself.
"Bob, slow down!" he cries. "I understand you want to get there, but could you care about someone other than yourself for once?"

Moranica
2012-02-22, 05:09 PM
Stepping lightly, Bob made his way along some of the other villagers. Most notably his brother, Jordan. It was a big day, and he knew it, soon they would have proper food again, when the group returns from the city.

"Bob, slow down!" Jordan cries. "I understand you want to get there, but could you care about someone other than yourself for once?"

Bob stops in his tracks and looks next to him, ... left ... right, no Jordan in sight.

I'm sure he was right next to me, just seconds ago... I must have sped up. How inconsiderate of me.

He waits for Jordan.

"Sorry, bro, I kinda got lost in the excitement. Will not happen again."

BluesEclipse
2012-02-23, 03:19 AM
*CRACK*

*CRACK-CRACK*

The sounds of wood striking wood ring out from behind one of the houses in Pallet Town. A young man is there, a wooden stick, reminiscent of a sword, in hand, as he swings out again at a wooden post standing upright from the ground. As he strikes, he thinks back to a conversation he had the day prior. Sol already told me that he thinks I'm ready. Though, really, I'd have been going regardless - I know he's looking out for me, but I need to find Elly. She's out there, I just know it... she has to be... The boy continues to strike at the post, focused on his thoughts. He'll be leaving with the expedition later today... I'll tell him before he leaves. I can't just leave while he's gone... I need to talk to him face to face.

"Yo, Rowen! What are you doing... they're getting ready to leave!"

Rowen blinks as he turns around, seeing the dark-skinned boy standing near the side of the house. "Jon, what are you talking about... I haven't been out here for that long."

"It's been a couple hours, Prism..." Jon replies, shaking his head. "We let you know when we were heading off, and when Kage realized you weren't coming, I came back to grab you. Now come on... surely you, of all people, aren't going to miss the chance to see Sol off, are you?" An amused smirk is apparent on Jon's face as he sees his lifelong friend's expression turn to one of near panic.

"How did I - why did you guys let me lose track of time like that!" Rowen shouts, grabbing his jacket from where it hangs on another wooden post, throwing it on, and slipping his weapon into a sleeve sewn into the back of the jacket. "Come on, we can't be late... I still need to talk to him." Rowen's expression quickly turns serious as he begins a quick walk towards the edge of town.

As Jon falls into step with him, the older boy looks at his younger friend, and sighs. "You're leaving." It wasn't a question.

Rowen nods, turning to look Jon in the eyes, a determined expression on the amateur swordsman's face. "She's out there somewhere, Jon... I know she is. And... you and Kazama, you're like brothers to me, but Elly... she's my sister." He sighs as he turns his gaze forward, a solemn look in his eyes as he whispers, "She's the only true family I have left..."

"Trust me, I know," Jon remarks, saying, "It's all the more reason for us to get there before they leave... you were planning on telling Eric, I hope?" Jon looks questioningly at his friend, knowing that Rowen is at times impulsive, and prone to act first and ask forgiveness later.

"Yeah... I need to catch him before he goes, and talk to him... I'm ready for this, though, and he knows it. So hurry it up!" Rowen answers, increasing his pace towards the edge of town. Jonathan shakes his head, chuckling wryly, as he follows.

Major
2012-02-23, 03:33 AM
Despite the fact that his father was one of the people going, Delita had little interest in being there. He loathed his father and the only reason he even cared at all was because it meant his father would be gone for some time.

As such the young man had intentionally been late and was even still taking his time walking to the meeting. With any luck by the time he got there, the cruel father of his would already be gone and he could meet up with Ophelia and talk with her.

Eventually after a slow and quiet walk he arrived where the others were and quickly looked around to see if he had been lucky enough to avoid his father and if Ophelia was anywhere in sight.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-02-23, 02:24 PM
A large group had gathered near the edge of town. Looking around each of you see familiar faces, some looked excited, some looked deathly worried. The five who would be undertaking this expedition were scattered about in the crowd.

Jason
As you walk through the crowd you see a boy who looks your age talking to the Ranger who you know to be one of the men heading to Viridian, you recognize the boy as Eli. You've never really talked to him but you've seen each other before. A friendly acquaintance but no one really close. He has a small red fox like creature with him. One of the few in town.

Eli
You and Shia make your way through that crowd. It's rather easy as many people step out of Shia's way. Even though the town has accepted some of these creatures as "tamed" there's still a lot of fear surrounding them. Well your looking well, comes a voice from behind you. Turning around you recognize a neighbor of yours, Greg Richards, the Ranger guiding the group. Exciting day isn't it he continues his voice barely quivering Hi there Shia, guess I'll be seeing a lot more like you soon. Hope they're all as friendly.

Jordan and Bob
The two of you are making your way through the crowd, Bob subconsciously begins to speed up a bit. Jordan is about to call out to him again when something catches his let and he falls flat on the dirt ground. Oops, sorry about that. Comes a mocking voice from above you. As Jordan looks up he sees a handsome young man riding on a large feline creature, it almost looks like a lioness, and they're now standing in between the two brothers. Sasha you naughty girl, you have to be more careful. You almost got your coat covered in that pile of dirt. He says giving off a sly grin, very proud of himself, as he indicates to Jordan.

Prism
You and your companions push through the crowd trying to look for Sol. Finally you spot him looking out into the crowd almost worried, searching for someone. As you move towards him he spots you and you can see the wave of relief wash over him. Took you long enough he says. He's smiling at you, putting up a brave face but it's apparent to all of you he looks scared. More scared then you've ever seen him.

Delita
The bad news is you weren't late enough, the good news is you haven't seen your father yet. You move through the crowd searching for Ophelia. Eventually you see what looks like a young girl, red hair with glasses in her face in the crowd looking about. She's quickly covered up by the crowd but your movin towards her when you feel a strong familiar hand on your shoulder. Looking for someone boy? You turn around but you know who it is. A gruff older man looks back at you, slightly scowling. Jesus if all we have left to guard this village are weak little boys like you the whole place will be overrun with these monsters before we even get back

TheGuitar
2012-02-23, 03:01 PM
A smile came across Eli's face. He had always like Greg, he had helped him deal with the creature when it first began following him. Eli had always debated about asking to travel with him, but he knew how dangerous it was, and his mind would never allow it.

Haha, I hope they're all as nice as her. Although I feel like the only reasons she follows me sometimes because I feed her.

Major
2012-02-23, 03:26 PM
Delita
The bad news is you weren't late enough, the good news is you haven't seen your father yet. You move through the crowd searching for Ophelia. Eventually you see what looks like a young girl, red hair with glasses in her face in the crowd looking about. She's quickly covered up by tge crowd but your movin towards her when you feel a strong familiar hand on your shoulder. Looking for someone boy? You turn around but you know who it is. A gruff older man looks back at you, slightly scowling. Jesus if all we have left to guard this village are weak little boys like you the whole place will be overrun with these monsters before we even get back

"Who would I be looking for other than a grumpy old man?" Delita counters as he turns moving his shoulder to try and knock the arm away. He knew if his father wanted to keep the grip it wouldn't matter, but if he didn't it was a little act of defiance to shove it off. "I'd be less worried about the village and more worried about the trip. If all they have are old men who can only beat on children they'll be in for a surprise against something stronger." Delita snapped. A part of him wanted to add that if something happened then the village would be better off, but he refrained.

Arcran
2012-02-23, 03:56 PM
"F*ck you," Jordan mutters under his breath, using his staff to push himself up. "What do you want?" Jordan demands, trying to seem confident. Honestly, he's terrified. This idiot could kill him and only Bob would care. Someday, someday he'd be strong enough that he wouldn't have to put up with this. But for now,
"Sorry to get in your way. I just want to get to the meeting," Jordan says, trying as hard as he can to not sound sarcastic.
Wish that damn cat would eat him... No! I don't have to take this! I'm better then him! Jordan thinks as he starts to walk forward. He makes a point of "accidently" driving his staff down on Sasha's foot as hard as possible. "Sorry," he says, sarcasm positively dripping off his words.

MintyNinja
2012-02-23, 05:00 PM
Oh, hey! I know that guy and he's talking to... Jason's thoughts trailed off as he approached Eli and his strange red fox. "Hi, Eli, right? I'm Jason, I work with the Daycare. I was wondering if after this expedition you could bring the little fox over and show the kids? I'm sure they'd love to see it up close, and you'll be right there, of course." Jason asked the question as cheerfully as always and didn't really consider the possibility that the kids would be afraid of what their parents have been calling monsters. At that moment, however, he did notice Greg and offered his hand, "And thank you, Mr. Richards, for agreeing to go on this expedition for everyone. You're a real hero!"

BluesEclipse
2012-02-23, 11:05 PM
Prism
You and your companions push through the crowd trying to look for Sol. Finally you spot him looking out into the crowd almost worried, searching for someone. As you move towards him he spots you and you can see the wave of relief wash over him. Took you long enough he says. He's smiling at you, putting up a brave face but it's apparent to all of you he looks scared. More scared then you've ever seen him.

Rowen gives a sheepish chuckle as he looks at Sol, and smiles, replying, "Yeah... I kinda got caught up in my own thoughts. Still, I wouldn't miss seeing you off - even if I had to come after you to give you a proper sendoff. You know that!"

"Yeah... as soon as someone reminded you of the time, anyway." Jon replies, smirking. Eric chuckles at the reply, while another voice enters the conversation, saying, "At least he doesn't completely lose track of his surroundings when he's playing, unlike someone we know, right?"

The three chuckle at the response, turning to face the new arrival - a young man, clearly of Japanese descent - as Jon answers, "True, Kazama, though at least I can keep time."

Seeing the smile on Eric's face as the older man watches the banter between the three, Rowen sighs, before saying, "Anyway, Eric... I really am glad I was able to catch you before you left. I know... I know you've been looking out for me by asking me to stick around, but you know as well as I do that there's really nothing more you'll be able to teach me about fighting - especially since you're going to be travelling with the groups going from here to Viridian." Seeing the older swordsman about to speak, he raises a hand to stall his friend's objection. "You've been watching out for me - for all of us, really. You held us together when the world went crazy, you took care of us when we settled down here in Pallet, and I quite likely would be dead right now if you hadn't been here when I found out about Mom and Dad being dead... You're as much of a brother to me as either of these two are. But..." Rowen sighs and runs a hand through his hair as he struggles to find the words. "Look... you know I can't stay here forever. Eleara is still out there, somewhere - you were the one who told me to trust my instincts, and they're telling me she's out there. They're also telling me that if I don't leave... and soon... that I may never find her. I won't be here when you all get back... I just wanted to tell you face to face - and to thank you. For... everything, really." As he finishes, he looks from Jon - who has an understanding expression - to Kazama - who looks as though he expected this, but still dislikes the idea - and finally, to the face of his teacher, his friend, and the man that has become an older brother to him, hoping that Eric will understand.

As you can tell, Prism uses real names for those in his group when the conversation is serious.

TheGuitar
2012-02-23, 11:58 PM
Ah, Jason, right. Eli held out his hand and they shook. Eli often forgot about the people who lived in Pallet town, but they were all pretty good people. I'd love to have the kids look at her, as long as they don't tug on her fur or anything, she can be a bit picky about that sort of thing. He looks down an Shia, How about it Shia, you up for meeting some little ones?

Shia simply looks at Eli with the same bored, poised look that she seemed to always have. Eli couldn't even be sure she understood him, but he had a feeling she did.

As he looked up, he saw Jason exchange hellos with Greg. Whenever we're ready. He said with a smile.

MintyNinja
2012-02-24, 01:41 AM
"Whenever we're ready."

"What?" Jason turned to the tall, pale faced boy. "Oh, we don't have to go right now, let's at least see off our brave expedition members first!" He turned back to Greg and asked, "Have you ever seen one of these pokemon so close before? Have any of them seemed so tame as Shia? I just ask because I think one day I'd like to have one following me around too."

Moranica
2012-02-25, 02:47 PM
"What do you want?"

One voice among so many, but Bob would always recognise this one instantly. Spinning on his feet, he sees his brother getting up, smeared with dirt and obviously angry.

"Sorry to get in your way. I just want to get to the meeting,"

A sigh of relief, as his brother is unhurt and for once seems to want to stay out of trouble. But only .... a flash in his eye. The smallest of hints and most would not have spotted it, but Bob does. And Bob knows there will be trouble.

"Jason! Come .....", he is cut short by his brother driving down the staff on the beast's paw.

"Stop!!", and Bob quickly moves towards his brother.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-02-25, 03:03 PM
Eli and Jason
Greg laughs heartily as Jason is slightly taken aback by Eli. It a warm laugh and you can tell he hasn't really had one since he found out he would be leading this expedition. Finally he says "No you kids shouldn't worry about us, Thanks for showing up to wish us off but if you want to comfort some of the little ones that couldn't make it, I think that's a great idea but before you could hear another word a loud voice catches your ears...

Delita
Tch. You always have been a smart ass. If you spent more time training your skills rather than your smart mouth maybe you'd still have a pet right now. His face has hardened, more so than usual anyway, and his voice is cold but oddly enough there's something in his eyes, an expression that you hadn't seen on him before. It was almost as if... -but before you could finish your own thought a loud voice catches your ears...

Prism
The brave face that Eric had been putting on had disappeared. Now all that was there was a face of overwhelming worry.
...Rowen... he begins Please don't do this to me right now. I know. I know you want to find your sister but what do you think you're going to do? Go out by yourself? With a wooden stick? Look at us Rowen! There's five of us, including that Catar guy, and we're armed to the teeth. Even most of us don't think we'll make it back alive. I know waiting is hard and I realize I can't stop you but ask yourself, how is going out to find Eleara going to help her if all you do is get yourself killed?! Then who's going to find her? For goodness sake you don't even know if she's ali- But he can tell by the expression on your face that was a sentence he shouldn't complete. Look, Rowen. Make me a deal OK? he says that forced smile coming back Just... Just wait the three days for me to come back. If you do that I'll... I'll give you this he says pulling out the blade the four of you had grown up admiring. How about it huh? It won't do much against some of these creatures but it's better than going out with nothing. Besides I- this is where he chokes up just a bit and you finally see that bravery all breaking down as he struggles to keep composure. I just need... Something. Something to make sure I will get back here for.
He looks up hopeful but unfortunately before you have a chance to respond a loud voice catches your ears...

Jordan and Bob
Sasha lets out a scream as your stick drives into her paw. Bob runs to get in front of Jordan but he's almost not fast enough. You little son of a- Blake begins as Sasha raises her other paw into the air, claws extended ready to literally tear you to shreds when you hear a Strong Voice behind you Stevens! Sasha's paw freezes in mid air, inches away from Bobs Stomach. As you turn around you see a plumper burly man. A large scar over his left eye and a makeshift prosthetic where his right leg used to be. The elected "Mayor" of Pallet Town Roger Perkins walks towards you. Now Blake, I hope that Sasha was only playing, we allow tame beasts in Pallet town but I couldn't be held responsible for what happens to any creature that causes a casulty to any of our citizens. Especially this close to Apol He says indicating to the Large Gruff looking man standing with a boy who resembles him slightly a few feet away. Of-Of course not sir. Blake says turning on his natural charm. Blake was tough, heck he even hunted these beasts for fun, but he wasn't nearly stupid enough to get on Apols bad side. The man was infamous in Pallet town for being the Toughest, Strongest (and honestly one of the meaner) citizens in Pallet Town. Sasha was just a little hurt when Jordan here accidentally stepped on her paw. Not his fault really, the poor kids so clumsy and helpless I'm surprised he even got himself here. I see. Mayor Perkins says Just make sure it doesn't happen again. Of course not Sir! Then Blake goes to leave but as he passes Jordan he says a little quieter Man between you're oaf of a brother and the mayor. You're pretty lucky you have so many people to protect you. Not surprising though he says with a smile It's not like You can do anything by yourself. But before you can respond the Mayor speaks again. Well I guess it's time as he takes out a megaphone.

ALL
The voice of the "Mayor" is heard by all of you from your various positions in the crowd. All right, I'm afraid it's time. May we have all of our brave scouts come to the front please. Each of the men in turn begin to travel up to the front. The one's who are standing with some of you give one last look back, as if they wanted to say or hear just one last thing but the crowds are trying to help them to the front. We can't begin to thank you for this service you are doing for us. But rest assured we are taking every precaution for your lives. You have with you all the weapons and provisions needed to get you through a weeks worth of travel. We pray that these three days will go by quickly enough to get you home safely. In addition that old Professor on the other side of town has graciously donated some radio equipment for us. This should help keep us in contact with you throughout your trip to Viridian and Back. As well as battery enough to last a month. We will all be gathered tonight at the farewell feast listening in to be with you as much in spirit as we can, to guide you through you're journey. God speed, and good luck*

As the crowd bursts into applause the group turns their backs to the crowd and begins to head towards the tall grass. There may only be enough time for them to hear one final word...

BluesEclipse
2012-02-25, 03:50 PM
I just need... Something. Something to make sure I will get back here for.

Eric's words ring in Rowen's mind as he turns to leave, and the look on his face... Eric... I don't think I've ever seen you truly scared... even when the world turned upside down, you were calm. How... how much of that was for our sakes, Eric? I had thought I'd be strong enough to go, but... how much of the strength you've shown these past years has been for our sakes - for my sake - rather than your own? Rowen watches, seeing the expectant look on the face of his long-time friend, his teacher and mentor, his surrogate father after the storms - and most of all, his brother in all but blood, just the same as Jon and Kazama - as the group bids their final farewells to the amassed crowd. And as the expedition group turns and begins their departure through the grass at the border of town, Rowen thinks, It's not just a matter of skill, is it? You wanted me to stay... so that when the time came... I wouldn't be on my own...

"Sol!" Rowen calls out towards the departing group, the confident smile on his face returning. "You'd better get back here in one piece - I'll need my sparring partner intact if I'm going to get used to that blade!" Rowen's eyes remain on the departing party as they disappear into the grass, as he thinks, Three days... I can give you that. Just be careful, Eric...

Arcran
2012-02-25, 05:04 PM
Jordan flinches a bit as the paw comes towards him. He takes the last comment in silence, knowing that it was true, but as his brother owed him he'd be there for a long time. At least he's good for something.
Jordan barely pays attention through the mayor's speech. Finding Bob, he grabs his arm. "Are we done here yet?" he asks as the group walks away.

Major
2012-02-25, 06:02 PM
Delita doesn't speak as his father leaves. He instead turns away angry and bitter about the final comment his father had said. Turning back to where he thought he saw Amber he tries to push through the crowd taking a few deep breaths to try and calm down. It was so much easier to remain calm when she was around.

Moranica
2012-02-25, 06:52 PM
Bob reach his brother in time to protect him. The fact that the creatures paw didn't gut him, is a nice addon. He gets behind his brother, making sure to keep his eye on him during the speech.

The result is that Bob misses half of the speech, and catches only a glimpse of the leaving village hero's. When his brother Jason asks if they are done, he just looks around a bit more, before saying: "Yes, it seems to be breaking up again."

Arcran
2012-02-25, 06:57 PM
Bob reach his brother in time to protect him. The fact that the creatures paw didn't gut him, is a nice addon. He gets behind his brother, making sure to keep his eye on him during the speech.

The result is that Bob misses half of the speech, and catches only a glimpse of the leaving village hero's. When his brother Jason asks if they are done, he just looks around a bit more, before saying: "Yes, it seems to be breaking up again."

"Good. Now if you're done dragging me to stupid events, I'm going to go back to the house and see if I can get my piece of crap Pokemon to do anything other than blink," Jordan says, being the everpresent jerk.

TheGuitar
2012-02-25, 09:11 PM
Eli glances up and listens to the mayor's speech. A sad smile crosses his face, Well, have a safe trip. When you come back maybe you can help me train Shia a little more.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-02-27, 02:18 AM
All
As our hero's disappeared into the brush the people stood silent for a second. Then as soon as one person started to leave (Jordan) the rest turned to leave as well. The Mayor reminded everyone that workers would be standing by listening in on the private radio frequency they had with the party, and tonight when the Town Feast is planned as everyone is gathered around for dinner, they could have a talk with the group as they sat camped for the night. That way the families of the party members could sit down with them for dinner.

Rowen
"Sol!" Eric hears that name that always invoked joy in him. The same name he would hear everytime the four of you would go into battle. Even before all of this.
"You'd better get back here in one piece - I'll need my sparring partner intact if I'm going to get used to that blade!"
Instantly you can see that confident smile back on his face again, only this time it's much more believable. The sword that his took out to show you is still in his hand only he's clutching it much tighter now. Even as he hold it you can almost feel it ringing in the same wooden toy you have in your own hands. And even though you would never have been able to hear him at that point you still knew what he was thinking. I'm not going to die. And it wasn't unsure. It was a statement.

You hear the mayor talking as you leave with the two friends you have left. As you leave you see a built young man talking with a young blond haired girl. For a second you may wonder if they're brother and sister, but you quickly recognize the girl as Ophelia Williams. Her Father owns a junk shop that the town uses to get parts for the few appliances that still do work. Ophelia is a bit of a gadget freak. She likes to tinker around with the parts at her dads shop. You've met her a few times. They boy is you know as well, but not personally. He's Apol's son.

Jordan and Bob
As soon as you two move, the rest turn to go. You hear the Mayor's reminder as you leave. Another "friendly" local shoves by Bob as the two of you leave and heads towards Blake, Lucas Graham. Him and Blake have been close friends since the Post Storms Period. He's an @** but luckily he only bothers you when Blake is (aside from the snide shove now and again) he normally goes for these other four who fight each other with wooden swords. Eric Mathers gang. You briefly remember Mathers is one of the scout members who just left. As you turn around to follow Lucas as he shoves Bob you can both see another set a boys a few feet behind them. Jason, the kid who helps run the Daycare, and Eli one of the few people besides Jordan to have one of those creatures as pets. His strange fox-like creature was close to him.

Delita
As soon as people continue to move you head towards the last spot you thought you saw Ophelia. You hear the Mayor talking, it barely registers to you as you move. Unfortunately when you get to the spot you thought you saw her in she is nowhere to be seen. You are turning to leave when you feel something smack you in the back of your head. There you are! An angrier tone has never sounded brighter as you hear a familiar voice from behind you. You turn around to see Ophelia standing there. Arms now crossed, her glasses only slightly crooked and a little soot still on her left cheek. You are solate! You said you'd meet me here half an hour ago. And wasn't your father one of the men leaving today? You better have said goodbye to him! I'm SO Jealous! I bet they see a ton of creatures on their trip! I can't wait to get one of my own. I would've even settled for one of those Capture Device Balls that we're brought into town. Then she gets a mischievous look on her face. You know, you were seriously late today. But I bet you could make it up to me today if you find me one to see up close again. This was no surprise, you'd found them for her before. Some wild just in the brush outside of town, or a find someone in town with one. Just glancing around you see two in the crowd you know have some. Jordan Smith, a reclusive kid always hanging around his brother, and Elijah Derricks who's fox friend you can see right next to him.

Eli and Jason
As you turn to leave you make brief eye contact with the Smith Brothers. You're not sure why they were looking towards you. They stick to each other mostly. You try to recall a time you actually talked to one of them... Maybe Bob.
OOC I don't know if you're sticking together or not so I'll leave that all up to you

MintyNinja
2012-02-27, 02:29 AM
"Alright, let's go see the... Hey, is that Bob?" Jason said as he and Eli started to leave. "I didn't see him earlier, do you know the Smiths? Jordan's got a pokemon, too. It never seems to do much though. C'mon, let's go see what they're up to."

"Hey, Bob! Jordan! How are you guys? Did you get to see the expedition leave? They're so brave!" Jason chirped cheerfully as they approached the brothers. "This is Eli, he's also got one of them pokemon, too."

Major
2012-02-27, 03:24 AM
Mixed emotions filled Delita's mind as she spoke, but nonetheless in the end a smile crossed his face, "Sorry, sorry, but hey, I'm here now!" Delita said as he looked over the crowd. "And making it up shouldn't be too hard. We can slip outside the town and look around for some friendly ones or hell, I see two people I know have some right now. Those two." He said pointing out the reclusive kid and Elijiah.

"Outside the town might be a bit tricky and dangerous though and we might get in trouble. Slipping out would be much harder with everyone leaving and probably watching the way." Delita noted. "And with your technology skills I'm surprised you don't just figure out how to make your own capture ball things. They don't look all that complex." Delita said who had little knowledge of how the weird things worked. From his perspective it was some ball that you threw and it caught one. He didn't understand how a ball could be that complex.

BluesEclipse
2012-02-27, 03:41 AM
Looking at the boy and the girl talking, Rowen says, "Hmm... that's that Apol guy's son... what was his name, again?" At his question, Jon and Kazama both look in the direction Rowen indicates with a jerk of his head. "Can't think of it... you're generally better with names than I am, though, Kage, so...?" Prism trails off expectantly as Kazama smiles.

"Delita, I think. Something like that... the girl he's talking to is Ophelia Williams, though. She's-"

"The daughter of the guy who owns that junk shop. I know, Kagemaru, I've talked to her a couple times before." Smirking at his friend, he continues, "From what she's mentioned, she's quite the tinkerer herself."

Jon nods in agreement, before suggesting, "You said that guy with her was Apol's son... maybe he can tell us a bit more about the guy? It'll be nice to know something about the people Eric's working with, after all."

"Hmm... that's actually a good idea. Let's go say hello, then!" With that, Rowen walks over to where the two are, Jon and Kazama following behind. As the three approach Delita and Ophelia, Rowen greets them saying, "Hey, Ophelia! How've you been doing? And you're Delita Cetar, right? Apol's son?"

Major
2012-02-27, 03:46 AM
Delita frowned at the guys words but quickly covered it up with a neutral expression. He nodded however and gave a short curt reply, "Yeah."

BluesEclipse
2012-02-27, 04:46 AM
Blinking at Delita's short response, Rowen shrugs, and says, "Well, I'm Rowen Andrews - call me Prism, if you like - and this is Jon Avery and Kazama Takeshi." He gestures to each boy in turn as he introduces them, before saying, "If you're worried about your dad, don't be - Eric's good with a blade, he'll make sure they get there and back without trouble."

Arcran
2012-02-27, 09:22 AM
"Hey," What was this kid's name? He should know it, but whatever. "Hey bro," he finishes weakly, limping along.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-02-27, 11:49 AM
"with your technology skills I'm surprised you don't just figure out how to make your own capture ball things. They don't look all that complex."
Well I'd like to believe I can make one, but I don't even know where to start. I'd just like to get my hands on One to see how they work. The way they can take any of those creatures and fit it into a small ball, it's almost as if- But she's cut of by the voice of another boy behind you.

"Hey, Ophelia! How've you been doing? And you're Delita Cetar, right? Apol's son?"

Delita's responce is a curt "Yeah.".

Ophelia gives Delita another smack upside the head after Rowens next response. Del! Don't be rude! Hi Rowen, nice to see you, you too Kazama and... She trails of for a short second looking at Jon as if to think of his name. Oh that's right Eric was one of the scouting members! I hope you're not too worried about him.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-02-27, 11:51 AM
Making my Post appear

Major
2012-02-27, 02:37 PM
"I answered...I'm not being rude." He said rubbing the back of his head. "And I'm not worried about him." Delita said with a shrug, "Whatever happens, happens."

"And I'll try and get a hold of a capture ball for you at some point then so you can figure it out."

Moranica
2012-02-27, 02:48 PM
Bob looks annoyed as he is shoved. He's a big guy for his age, and you don't shove big guys.... or little scrawny guys for that matter.

"Cut the bullsh*t, Lucas. I'm not in the mood for you petty games. Go have fun with Blake and leave us alone."

As he hears his named called, he glances at the kid who called him, but quickly looks back at Lucas, staring coldly.

TheGuitar
2012-02-27, 04:07 PM
Eli smiles as they approach the group, He listens to Jason introduce them both. Eli stretches out his hand, Hey, I feel like I've seen you guys around before. But yea, I'm Eli and this is Shia, I promise she won't hurt you or anything.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-02-27, 05:53 PM
"I answered...I'm not being rude." He said rubbing the back of his head. "And I'm not worried about him." Delita said with a shrug, "Whatever happens, happens."

"And I'll try and get a hold of a capture ball for you at some point then so you can figure it out."

Oh... Ok. Ophelia said with a concerned look on her face. You never do talk about your father. If she tries to bring him up you usually change the subject. But today was different, she expected you to be a little more upset. She wanted to ask you about it but there were others there so instead she says Well if that's a promise then maybe I'll forgive you for being late. Rowen, Del here was just about to lead me to some new pokemon. Two trainers are talking to each other right now. She points over to four boys, Eli (you don't know much about him other than he's the kid with a fire fox), Jason (Runs a day care with Aunt Bea, nice enough. You've convinced him to spar with his bat a couple of times) and the Smith brothers. Although... She says with that mischievous look back on her face. With you four big strong boys I bet we could even take a trip into the outskirts...

Meanwhile
Lucas turns around abruptly as Bob shouts at him, he looked like he was going to say something then stops. Almost as if realizing he shoved the wrong brother. But he quickly puts on his tough face again and is about to spout something when Jason arrives. You've met Jason but today he's followed by Eli whom you know of but very little about. Still it's obvious by your numbers that Lucas is in a real bad place at a real bad time. So he mumbles something vaguely resembling "Sorry" and moves on towards Blake.

BluesEclipse
2012-02-27, 10:38 PM
"Good to see you have faith in him, I guess. Still, with Sol on the team, they should have no trouble." Ryan replies confidently, before turning to Ophelia. "So... you want us to tag along so you can go Pokemon watching, then?"

Jon sighs, and shakes his head, saying, "Count me out... sorry, but I've actually got a song I'm working on. I want to have it finished by tonight - give the guys out there some entertainment during the evening. Sorry, Ophelia..."

"Don't worry about it, Jon." Kazama responds, before turning back to Rowen. "Prism? You in?"

Rowen nods, a confident smile on his face. "Worst that can happen is I get a bit more practice in against some of these things. We just have to make sure we're back before the feast starts... don't want to risk being late twice in the same day, right?" Turning back to Ophelia and Delita, he says, "Alright, whenever you're ready."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-02-27, 11:24 PM
Oh Good! Del, you don't mind some extra company do you?Oh this is SO exciting. Say... We've never been able to venture out very far because you'd always have to meet up with your Dad before dinner for Chores. But since he's gone I bet we could stay out until the Feast tonight! ...OHMYGOSH, was that insensitive! I shouldn't make light of your fathers Journey! He's a really brave man, we can respect his wishes if you want Del.

Delita
I took the liberty of making up the lie you told her when you'd go spar with your Old Man (Chores). Hope that's OK.

MintyNinja
2012-02-28, 12:08 AM
Jason stands quietly off to the side as Bob has his back-and-forth with some guy that bumped into him. Then while Eli began introducing himself, Jason noticed that another group of people were just out of earshot. There was the redhead girl who's dad ran the junk shop, the sword-fighting kids that always seemed so serious all the time, and the son of Apol Cetar. They seemed to be having an awkward discussion and the girl kept looking over towards Jason's group. Wait, not the group... the pokemon! She wants to see the pokemon! "Hey guys?" he says quietly to the Smith brothers and Eli. "I bet those kids over there really wanna see your pokemon. Why don't we go talk to them too?"

TheGuitar
2012-02-28, 12:18 AM
Eli lets out a small laugh. You're really the center of attention today, aren't you? he says to the small fox. The creature, in return, looks up at him with a blank, if not slightly annoyed stare. Oh c'mon, Eli says, what's it gonna hurt? Besides, it's better then the time that butcher tried to kill you?

Major
2012-02-28, 12:55 AM
"It's fine. I'm not worried about him." Delita says forcing a smile, "And staying out until the feast sounds good to me." He said nodding at the others. "Good to have you along." He says with a nod.

Arcran
2012-02-28, 09:22 AM
Jason stands quietly off to the side as Bob has his back-and-forth with some guy that bumped into him. Then while Eli began introducing himself, Jason noticed that another group of people were just out of earshot. There was the redhead girl who's dad ran the junk shop, the sword-fighting kids that always seemed so serious all the time, and the son of Apol Cetar. They seemed to be having an awkward discussion and the girl kept looking over towards Jason's group. Wait, not the group... the pokemon! She wants to see the pokemon! "Hey guys?" he says quietly to the Smith brothers and Eli. "I bet those kids over there really wanna see your pokemon. Why don't we go talk to them too?"

""Sure lets just walk around all damn day," Jordan mumbles, heading over. "Hey!" he shouts. "You idiots want to see my Pokemon?"

Prophet_of_Io
2012-02-28, 11:13 AM
How perfect! Alright boys so where do we go from-

"Hey!" he shouts. "You idiots want to see my Pokemon?" Comes a voice from behind you all.

As you turn around you see the four boys (and a fox) move towards you. Rowen had noticed Bobs little scrap with Lucas but hadn't paid it much attention. For once he wasnt bothering his little group so whatever.

!... Oh! Oh yes! Come on Del. She grabs Delita by the arm and gently pulls him to meet the new boys half way. Oh wow.. Just look at her Del she's beautiful. Ophelia says putting her hand out for the small fox to inspect. Look at that coat. I'm sorry! I'm Ophelia, and this she says bringing Del in close to her is Del. Then she returns to the fox. and what's your name cutie?

TheGuitar
2012-02-28, 03:30 PM
Eli smiles, Her name is Shia, Also, mine's Eli. His smile is hiding the fact that he's semi-nervous in talking to the girl.

Shia sniffs Ophelia's hand and pushed her head against it indicating that it is ok for her (and only her) to touch.

Major
2012-02-28, 05:45 PM
Delita is quickly dragged off by Ophelia with little resistance. He was used to her running around and dragging him.

"Yeah, Delita," He says with a nod at Eli, "Del for short as she told you." Delita looks over at the fox, "So how did you get her? Your parents let you keep it?"

Moranica
2012-02-28, 05:48 PM
Bob stares at Lucas his back for a while as he leaves. Then the kids calling him earlier draw his attention. ... and Jordan apparently.

"Hey!" he shouts. "You idiots want to see my Pokemon?"

A grimace crosses Bob's face as Jason shows his usual demeanor.

"Come on Jordan, can you at least try to be nice for a change? They just like to see your 'mon, that's all."

BluesEclipse
2012-02-28, 11:29 PM
Rowen and Kazama turn and follow closely behind Ophelia and Delita, as Jon heads off to work on his new song. Reaching the group as Ophelia is introduced to the fox-pokemon, Rowen smiles, holding out his hand. "So... Eli, you said? I'm Rowen - or Prism, if you prefer. Nice to meet you."

"And I'm Kazama... Kage works just as well, though." Kazama says, offering his hand to the boy as well.

"And... Shia, you said, right?" Rowen indicates the fox with a nod of his head as he speaks, saying, "I have to admit, it's got to be nice having one of these things around." Turning to the others in the group, he says, "And I don't think we've been introduced, though from the looks of things you know Lucas..."

"Unfortunately." Kazama finishes for his friend, muttering to himself, "You'd think the guy would realize that he's just going to get himself hurt one of these days, messing with the wrong person at the wrong time..."

Arcran
2012-02-29, 12:30 AM
Bob stares at Lucas his back for a while as he leaves. Then the kids calling him earlier draw his attention. ... and Jason apparently.

"Hey!" he shouts. "You idiots want to see my Pokemon?"

A grimace crosses Bob's face as Jason shows his usual demeanor.

"Come on Jason, can you at least try to be nice for a change? They just like to see your 'mon, that's all."

"Why would they want to see Raist?" he mutters. "It's not like he can do anything."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-02-29, 03:44 PM
Delita
Not ten minuets ago you were angry, resentful and trying your best not to throw a punch at your overbearing father. But now just looking at how happy Ophelia is, playing with Eli's Fox Shia, the world just seems... better somehow.
------------------------------

He's so well behaved Ophelia says gently petting Shia. Then, noticing the two brothers murmuring to each other she gets up and walks over. Um, Hi! You're Jordan and Robert right? The Smiths, we've never actually met but I've wanted to talk to you for a while. I've heard one of you has tamed one of those creatures as well.

TheGuitar
2012-02-29, 05:14 PM
Oh you have one too? Eli walks up to the brothers. While Shia looks up at Ophelia, wanted very much to be pet more. I'd like to see it, I mean, I don't know much about the things... but I think they're kinda cool.

MintyNinja
2012-02-29, 05:43 PM
Everything was going according to plan. Well, actually, there was no plan. But things seemed to be going very smoothly as Jason subtly combined the two separate groups into one larger one. There is a large number of us now and we will soon need to decide on a single action or we might splinter again, he thought as these basic concepts came unbidden to the forefront of his mind. And within a second of pondering, a possible solution came as well. "So," Jason says to Rowen, "what are you guys up to? Planning to go sparring in the woods again?" He chuckled at his own insight, but in actuality he was trying to have someone else suggest an idea that everyone would enjoy. It's not being manipulative, it's keeping a group of kids together so that they can be friends. There's nothing wrong with that. His own guilty conscience abated, he waited for someone to do something.

Arcran
2012-02-29, 05:43 PM
"Fine," Jordan mutters as he releases Raist. This is Raist. He just sits and blinks."

Raist just sits there and blinks.

Major
2012-02-29, 06:06 PM
A genuine smile crosses Delita's face for the first time that day as he watches Ovelia. He shakes his head before following her over to the other two. "Hey," he said with a nod, "I'm Delita."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-01, 02:06 PM
Jordon releases the small humanoid pokemon in front of him. Raist just sits there and blinks. Its not as playful as Eli's Shia, and certainly not as cute but much to Jordans surprise Ophelia is just as excited.

I've never seen a creature like this one before! she exclaimed in an excited fashion. The others are all much more like animals, this one looks almost human.

She slowly, hesitantly reaches in to touch it. But just before she does, Raist disappears. Reapearing almost instantly behind the group, facing the towns outskirts doing something neither Bob nor Jordan is use to seeing. It's standing.

Oh Wow. It's really fast! I didnt even see it move!

Jordan
The others may think Raist moved because Ophelia went in to touch it but you know better. Right before she was going to touch it you heard something. Not like a sound, it was hard for even you to describe buy somehow you knew Raist had heard it too. It sounded like Trouble, and it came from the outskirts

Eli
Your pretty keen on animal behavior so you took notice when Raist ran from Ophelia, it didn't look like it was trying to get away from her, it looked like it was heading for the outskirts. And you couldn't help noticing a flock of birds had all flown up at the same time, like they were running away.

Rowen
It may just have been coincidence, but as Jordans Humanoid creature vanished you had an odd feeling deep inside you. You can't quite place what it is but it made you grip your wooden sword harder. Looking beside you you can tell Kage feels something similar.

Delita
Just as Ophelia is about to touch Jordans creature, right as it moves way, the most recent bruise your father gave you begins to ache, ever so slightly.

Arcran
2012-03-01, 02:15 PM
"Somethings wrong," Jordan says in a barely audible whisper. "Raist! We need to get back to the house!" he cries. The Abra obliges, teleporting near his master. "Get in the ball, it'll be faster," he says. No. I protect, Raist, says into Jordan's mind, pointing at him. For a second Jordan is too stunned to speak. "Wait, you talk? he inquires, dumbfounded. "Not now we need to get out of here. But we'll talk later," he says. "Bob! We need to get out of here. Now.

TheGuitar
2012-03-01, 03:19 PM
The weird things reaction startled Eli, not because it was rude, but because something was up. The reaction of his owner only cemented Eli's belief.

Alright, I don't know what's going on, but I agree, we've gotta get out of here, C'mon Shia. Eli Picks up the small fox and starts to head inside.

Major
2012-03-01, 03:28 PM
Delita rubs his right shoulder with a grunt around the time the pokemon moves. He looks confused as Jordon suddenly calls out about going home, "What's going on?" He ask confused.

Moranica
2012-03-01, 04:16 PM
"You need a piggy back ride? Or can you move quickly yourself today?", Bob smirks.

"Let's go!" Bob starts running.

Arcran
2012-03-01, 04:41 PM
Jordan and Raist race after Bob, Jordan hobbling and Raist teleporting.

MintyNinja
2012-03-01, 08:26 PM
Not understanding why everyone all of a sudden became so terrified, Jason does his best to keep up with the group as they start running.

OOC
Sorry it's not much, I have an exam in a few hours and I'm not sure what else he would do.

BluesEclipse
2012-03-01, 11:28 PM
Scowling, Rowen turns to follow the group, Kazama close behind. "I don't like this..." Rowen says, just loudly enough for those at the back of the group to hear him. Kazama merely nods in assent, glancing back towards the outskirts of town as the group heads towards the town proper. Eric... why do I have a very bad feeling about this?

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-02, 01:19 AM
The group of you is running back into town, though you're all still not 100% sure why, when a familiar face that most of you (especially Prism and Kage) recognize as Jonathan.

Oh Good, you're all here. I take it someone else found you first then? Come on, the Mayors waiting.

MintyNinja
2012-03-02, 01:22 AM
"Wait, found us...? What are you talking about?" Jason asked confusedly. He had done his fair share of running in the past and he wasn't even close to out of breath yet.

Arcran
2012-03-02, 01:25 AM
Jordan and Raist share a look. Strange how impending death can make friends. Whatever was out there was bad. "Bob, lets go with them. Safety in numbers and all that."

BluesEclipse
2012-03-02, 01:33 AM
Blinking for a moment, Rowen says, "Nobody found us... anyway, what's up? Why's the Mayor looking for us?"

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-02, 02:07 AM
Jonathan looks at you a little flabbergasted.

Wait, if you weren't heading for the Mayor why were you all running? Never mind. I don't know all the details, I just know the communications team keeping contact with the Scouts reported a problem, The Mayor needs you six. Kage you should come with me, apparently Blake Stevens and :Sigh: Lucas Graham are missing too, and we should go find them. Ophelia, you should head to the Communications team, you might be able to help fix the equipment.

What? But I was hoping to stay with Del.

Sorry, I don't know what to tell you, it's apparently a bit of a crisis and with so little of us left, we need all hands on deck.

...Yes, I understand. Be careful Del. I still see you at the feast tonight right?

Delita
She'll wait for an answer then leave, I'll leave the rest of the fluff to you

TheGuitar
2012-03-02, 02:10 AM
Someone... found us... what? Gasped Eli. Running was never his strong suit, and if he didn't know any better, he'd swear Shia had a smirk on her face.

Moranica
2012-03-02, 05:24 PM
Jordan and Raist share a look. Strange how impending death can make friends. Whatever was out there was bad. "Bob, lets go with them. Safety in numbers and all that."

"Whatever you like, brother."

Bob starts becoming nervous as Jonathan explains about "trouble with the scouts". He really didn't need more trouble. Keeping Jordan out of trouble was hard already, and walking into more didn't seem like a good idea.

Major
2012-03-02, 07:45 PM
"Oh...right, well you are needed." Delita said with a nod, "See you later." He waved and then looked back, "What am I needed for?"

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-03, 03:14 AM
Well, when all of this started to go down I happened to have been heading back into town and they were trying to get all able hands gathered, I mentioned the 6+ of you were together and the Mayor said he wanted you six, that's all I know. Jonathan mentions as you all begin to head for the Center of Town.

When you arrive someone is waiting to escort you to the Mayor, Jonathan waves goodbye and heads off to do his own job.

As you get upstairs you see several people frantically chattering over each other but the Mayor Silences them as you all walk in.

Boys. I'm glad we found you. He indicates to a few men and they close the door behind you. I'll get to the point. About twenty minuets ago, just shy of an hour after the expedition left the equipment our surveillance team was using to monitor the Scouting Party shorted. It should be easy enough to fix but I'm afraid that's not the problem. Just before it did the Team had their first encounter and from what our mechanics have been telling us it seems that the shorting started on their side. After that everything fell apart. We originally planned on having Blake Stevens go out and look for the Team but he's no where to be found. We sent people to Old Man Oak's house to see if he could help us with the equipment he left us but he's not at home. We're looking for anyone who can go into the outskirts and find any evidence of our teams fate. Rowen, Delita you both have some combat experience and you know some of the scouting members. Robert you're added muscle. Elijah I've been told you showed interest in being a Forest Ranger when you'd gotten older, and Greg had given you some experience. Believe it or not you now know the outskirts of Pallet Town better than anyone, congratulations. Jordan, Jason... I'll be honest, we hadn't envisioned the two of you going. We tried to find Lucas Graham but he seems to be Missing in Action as well. Jordan you have one of those... Things so we're hoping that will work to you're advantage. It's strength in numbers now. The group shouldn't have been more than a few clicks out. The six of you are to head out to these coordinates Which he hands to Eli That group had the Last of our Resources, Rations, Weapons, Equipment we Cannot, and I can't Stress that enough, Cannot lose all of it. Get what you can and bring it back, if it looks like they survived and are moving on, Fantastic. But we need to know. We can't just leave all of that out there, we're desperate. The rest of the town simply believes that we had an equipment malfunction. We don't want people to panic. Get to the outskirts as quickly and discreetly as you can. I'm sorry to say we don't have a lot to give you as far as provisions. The most we can give you are these Packs. They each have a Radio back to base, a few medical supplies and a Flare Gun. Only use the Flare gun as a signal that you can't make it back and we'll try to send someone after you. I'm sorry boys but we are literally out of options. We're hoping you can get in and get out, you have permission to use any of the weapons you recover from the Team. If you can bring whoever you find back alive. Think you can handle this?

OOC
You can add a backpack, Radio, Flare Gun and Medical Supplies to you're Inventory if you'd like. In-Game terms these 'Medical Supplies' will work like a potion but can be used on anyone, each of you have basically one Potion.

Major
2012-03-03, 02:52 PM
"I've seen Apol tear apart one of those pokemon, I doubt the party is in any trouble..." Delita says with a sigh. "But whatever you want..."

TheGuitar
2012-03-03, 04:15 PM
Eli puts Shia down and takes the coordinates. The mayor was right, they hadn't made it too far.

Ok, We should be able to get there pretty soon. What were they saying before everything shorted out?

MintyNinja
2012-03-05, 12:29 PM
Okay, so we need to go and... wait, what?! Jason listened quietly as the situation was explained. A few comments from the others and a question to the mayor, all of little importance. He needed to do something else first if he was going to do this. "I'll meet you guys by the outskirts, then," Jason said as he began jogging away. He ran to Aunty Bea's and quickly explained that he would be elsewhere for a few days and that he couldn't say much. She seemed unsurprised and simply wished him luck on his trip. Still slightly shocked, Jason just barely remembered to bring his water bottle with him as he left.

Arcran
2012-03-05, 07:48 PM
I have nothing better to do and it would get me away from Blake.... Jordan thinks to himself.
"Sure, why not?

Moranica
2012-03-06, 04:19 PM
"Well, I guess that means I'll be going as well," says Bob as he smiles at Jordan.

"Time to pack up, Jordan, we'll see you guys at the outskirts in a bit."

BluesEclipse
2012-03-07, 12:34 AM
Nodding as he takes one of the packs, Rowen says, "You don't need to worry about anything... we've got this covered. Besides, what you told the rest of the town is true - it probably was just an equipment malfunction. Wouldn't surprise me if some of those things could blow out the radios, after all." As he turns to leave, he calls over his shoulder, "I'll meet you guys at the edge of town, alright!" and walks off, making his way to wait near the tall grass at the town outskirts.

TheGuitar
2012-03-08, 12:23 AM
Eli runs back into town for a quick moment, back to the house he has been staying in. he grabs a spare set of clothes (just in case) and heads back out to the outskirts of town to wait for the others.

Arcran
2012-03-08, 12:24 AM
Jordan starts the long treck to the outside of town. Raist refuses to head that way since there is obviously something bad there so Jordan returns him.
"Come on Bob, looks like they just want us to run in circles around town."

Moranica
2012-03-08, 03:23 PM
Bob follows quietly, while looking around skittishly.

"This will be bad, bro."

Major
2012-03-08, 04:19 PM
Delita swings by home and grabs a backpack full of a few items before heading out to where the others were.

Aka my inventory wishlist thing

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-09, 03:24 PM
The group of you arrives again on the outskirts of town. This morning it had been full of people, bustling and chattering. Now it was barren and quiet, not even a mouse can be heard rustling in the grass as the last of you arrives. It has now been three hours since the scouting group left and you are standing at the edge of the same path they did those short hours ago.

TheGuitar
2012-03-09, 04:06 PM
Eli stood looking out into the wilderness. A knot began to form in his stomach. He hadn't left pallet town since he arrived, and he had never really wanted to... but he know he needed to help if he could. He looks down at Shia, simply sitting next to him, tail swishing back and forth.

He looks around at the group, At least the big guy will be of some help in a fight... but I wonder if that other pokemon can do anything.

BluesEclipse
2012-03-09, 05:26 PM
Rowen stands before the tall grass at the outskirts of town, looking towards the wilderness with a smirk on his face. "Alright then..." He turns and looks towards the assembled group. "I'm ready to go whenever you are, guys. Eli, you have the info on where the scouting party was, so we're relying on you to get us there!"

Arcran
2012-03-09, 06:04 PM
"Let's just get this over with," Jordan says, walking into the grass.

MintyNinja
2012-03-09, 07:51 PM
Jason surveys the group mood and intuitively comes to the conclusion that things are stressed. With some actual thought on the situation he realizes that that's perfectly normal. Nonetheless, he refuses to turn off his cheerful attitude as he says, "This is gonna be so cool!"

With an awkward glance from one or two of the others blissfully ignored, Jason begins walking the path out of town.

TheGuitar
2012-03-09, 08:15 PM
Eli pulls out the map with the co-ordinates on it. Yea, things'll be fine. Besides, they're not far from here at all, there's a good chance we'll run into them heading back to town. And Eli begins to walk, with Shia at his side, hoping for the best.

Moranica
2012-03-10, 04:35 PM
Bob casually observes the group and realises it's quite diverse.

Good, with a bit of luck Jordan will pick up a thing or two from them.

Major
2012-03-11, 12:16 AM
Delita sighs, "Yeah sure...let's hurry and get this done."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-11, 10:25 AM
Pallet town was a small oasis, the refugees living there kept it tame and clean cut. Outside was a different story. Trees overflow the perimiter, some so close together you can even pass through them. The paths you can travel are filled with grass that's so overgrown it reaches up to your waist.

The six of you set out into one such past, Eli guiding you on what he thinks is the quickest route to where the scout troops were last placed at.

Delita
The others may not realize it but you've been to the outskirts with Ophelia a few times to scout for new pokemon. It has never taken you long to run into one. Usually small birds are commonly circling the air above you. Occasionally you may even run into a vicious rat or two and your fathers fighting lessons actually pay off. But right now it's still dead. The send off was one thing, a large crowd of people may have scarred off a few of them, but this far out you should've seen one by now.

OOC
I'm going to need wisdom checks from anyone who wants to roll but especially Eli, Delita and Jordan.

Arcran
2012-03-11, 10:29 AM
Where is everything... Jordan thinks to himself. "Come on out Raist," he says. As the Abra materializes, he speaks again. "Try scanning for minds Raist," he says, hoping that whatever was out there was enough to make Raist listen to him. Jordan himself starts to look around.

WIS: [roll0]

Moranica
2012-03-11, 04:52 PM
Ooh, Raist is out. Jordan may be on to something.

TheGuitar
2012-03-11, 05:27 PM
Hmm... Eli thinks to himself, Kinda quiet...

[roll0]

Major
2012-03-11, 05:34 PM
Wisdom check: [roll0]

"Odd...normally Ovelia and I see something by now." Delita says glancing around. "I get some might have got scared off by all the people, but this far out?"

MintyNinja
2012-03-12, 11:13 AM
So. We're a handful of kids out looking for a group of adults because something may or may not have incapacitated said adults, Jason thinks casually as he keeps with the others. Does no one else think this is... off? A bit suspicious? Oh! maybe it's a birthday surprise! Okay, who's birthday could it be...

Wisdom Check:
[roll0]

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-12, 12:50 PM
Eli has absolutely no trouble following the map. In fact he quickly picks up the scouting groups tracks and is able to follow them effortlessly even when it seems they almost disappear under the overgrown brush. He can also tell there had been a few scuffles but it was very apparent the group easily survived the encounters and had moved on.

Meanwhile Jordan can hear Raist "say": Minds? Life. All around us. Look harder. Strong Life. In trouble. Ahead. Can't you see it?
Indeed even as he says it Jordan does become more "aware". It's hard to explain. Like he had been feeling it the whole time without realizing it but it did feel like they were being watched. Then looking ahead, with Raists help, you can almost see a presence. Overwhelming like its seeping out into the entire field. A strong group of "Life" is up ahead.

Delita just strolls through the woods, he barely even notices his other team members.

Luckily Jason was there, even lost in thought he is able to spot something in the grass where Delita is about to walk. A small group of Rat-like creatures, three of them, all huddled together not moving a single muscle.

OOC
If Jason points them out Jordan will be able to "See" them too, and then can probably actually spot them. You can tell there is life you just can't pinpoint any of it unless you have some other help.

Arcran
2012-03-12, 01:01 PM
About time Raist does something useful...

"Something is out there," Jordan syays, waving his hand in the general direction of the "life."

MintyNinja
2012-03-12, 03:58 PM
"Whoa! Del, watch out!" Jason says once he notices the rat-like monsters. He quickly points out the three creatures to the rest of the group. "What should we do, guys?"

Major
2012-03-12, 04:08 PM
Delita stops hearing his name and glances down seeing the rats.

How close are they? If they are right in front of me by the time I notice I'm punting one. :P Otherwise I'll just avoid them

TheGuitar
2012-03-12, 04:23 PM
Eli glances over at the rat-creatures, and recognizes them as some of the things the party must have fought. Shia notices them too and stops, waiting to see if it was ok to have a little hunt.

I wouldn't worry about them, Eli says, The scouts battled with them earlier, their probably just in shock... and if they do attack us, it shouldn't be a problem.

Eli does wonder why they aren't moving at all though, He would think if they didn't want trouble they would move away. He glances around, to see if there's something else.

OOC
Spot(?) Check: [roll0]

Also, unsure if my previous wisdom check would lend me any insight as to why they are huddled, but if so, let me know.

BluesEclipse
2012-03-12, 10:21 PM
Rowen looks at the rats, tensing. He quickly draws his weapon as he approaches them carefully, watching for any movement.

Rowen's going to get close enough to see what they're doing - and if they're alive, for that matter.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-12, 11:37 PM
Delita
The rats you've run into before are pretty quick to attack, and not very smart. These rats just stare at you with wide eyes.

All
As more of you begin to spot the rats they begin to shiver, by the time a few of you move towards them they begin to shake violently.

Jason heres Raist in his head say Scared. Stop.

When Rowen draws his weapon and approaches they can no longer remain still. When he gets within a few steps of them they dart off in the opposite direction, that's when the chaos starts.

The moment the rats run suddenly creatures all around you go into a frenzy birds (Large and Small) flying everywhere, Yellow Mice and Little Brown Foxes frantically running. Even Raist teleports away in the chaos and Shia jumps into Eli's arms and has an absolute fit. Finally all the creatures reach a new location and suddenly stop.

The six of you regain composure, Shia has calmed down and is apparently trying to look like she had been fine the entire time. You can also spot Raist, clutching Bob's head with both legs and arms for dear life.

TheGuitar
2012-03-12, 11:43 PM
Eli looks down at the now composed Shia. Well, if i didn't know any better, I'd almost say you liked me. He smiles as Shia looks at him unemotionally. He then gives his attention back to the situation at hand.

So... What the hell?

BluesEclipse
2012-03-13, 12:17 AM
As the creatures being bursting into motion, Rowen shifts into a defensive stance, the wooden sword held before him in case anything comes his way, his eyes continuously flickering amongst the various creatures fleeing madly. When the motion stops, Rowen blinks, remaining in his stance, and mutters, bewildered... "Wh-what... what the hell just happened?"

Major
2012-03-13, 02:39 AM
When the pokemon started flipping out Delita quickly stepped into a defensive fighting stance and got ready to knock something out. However, eventually things calmed down and there was still no fighting. "There is something REALLY wrong...normally these rats attack almost right away..."

MintyNinja
2012-03-13, 01:26 PM
Dumbfounded, Jason can only stare in amazement during the helter skelter. A small yellow mouse bumped into his leg and fell over, but before he could make sure it was okay, it bolted. The others seemed just as shocked as he and when the panic subsided all he could say was, "Okay... moving on?"

Moranica
2012-03-13, 04:34 PM
As soon as the chaos ensues, Bob runs to Jordan and takes position in front him. Head sweeping in all direction, looking for any dangerapproaching.

Then, Raist suddenly clings to his head. Bob tries to shake it off, but it doesn't seem to let go. Afraid to hurt if he would try to remove it with force, he turns to his brother.

"Jordan, ..... uhm, ..... help?! You mon just become my new pair of not-so-great sunglasses."

Arcran
2012-03-13, 06:20 PM
"Raist, get off him you idiot. It's just some stupid rTs," Jordan mutters, wondering about the sudden fleeing.

TheGuitar
2012-03-13, 07:13 PM
Eli takes another look around, too see if he can't find out what, if anything, all the creatures were running from

OOC
Spot (wis) [roll0]

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-13, 09:26 PM
At Jordans words Raist raises his head slightly, as i realizing everything has settled down, then teleports to Jordans shoulders.

Eli looks around but the forest is dead again, no creature is moving even a single muscle anymore.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-14, 11:45 PM
The moment having come and pass the plains are now still. After you've all picked yourselves up you continue on your way, Eli easily able to pick the path up again.

You travel further and further down the path until you come to you're first clearing, Pallet Town is now completely out of view. You can see the Grassy Area's start up about a yard away. But as you get nearer to it Eli seems to shuffle a bit, and as you reach the edge of the clearing the evidence of destruction is apparent.

Jordan
You can still feel Lives along the way but they're all just as still as before, but you realize you've lost the Large One during the Chaos.

Eli
A few feet from the clearings edge you see some footprints had run back and then stop.

OOC
You can all roll either Dex or Wis checks.

TheGuitar
2012-03-15, 12:24 AM
Huh... That's weird... there's footprints running back... but they just stop... Eli drifts into thought. He studies the footprints to see if there's anything he can discern from them, and also takes another look around.

OOC
Checking for Recognizable prints (Wis) [roll0]
Spot (wis) (good lord something more than a five) [roll1] Yep, probably should have known that was going to happen.

BluesEclipse
2012-03-15, 12:39 AM
Rowen looks around at the clearing, his weapon still in hand. "Damn," he says, "looks like they had a pretty intense fight here..." Looking around carefully, Rowen tries to get a better idea of what occured here, and how it ended.

Wis Check: [roll0]

Guitar, this should at least make you feel a bit better. :smalleek:

MintyNinja
2012-03-15, 02:27 PM
Eli noticed something, again. Let's make this a game, Jason thought to himself. The childish strategy was one he used often working with... well, children. "I spy with my little eye..."

OOC
Wisdom Check: [roll0]

Major
2012-03-15, 02:51 PM
Dex: [roll0]

Delita looks around not saying much. He didn't know the kids too well and wasn't the best with getting along with people. He didn't want to be anti-social, he just had little experience with making many friends.

Arcran
2012-03-15, 02:51 PM
"... a damn fool who thinks I Spy is a good idea. Seriously, are we five?" Jordan asks in the most condescending tone possible.

He does start to look around, but not because of the game.

Arcran
2012-03-15, 02:54 PM
Forgot Perception:
[roll0]

Moranica
2012-03-15, 04:02 PM
WIs [roll0] :smallbiggrin:

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-15, 08:04 PM
You search the area looking for signs of the team, keeping an eye out for Wild Ones. Two trees, a few feet apart, keep this area of the plains fairly shady in places. It's still bright out so vision is not a problem.

Eli
You do see what look like claw marks, but they come from behind the groups tracks though most of the the scuffling looks like them running from the edge of the Plains.

Bob
Behind the tree to you're right, facing the plain's edge, you find a shirt and pants that you think you saw on one of the Scout Team members but you can't remember which one. Close to it there is a backpack and a Rifle.

Delita
You wandered off a small way from the group, away from all the talking, when you see an indentation in the ground, like something hit it and was dragged into the outskirts. Following it to the edge you notice something rustling only a few feet out. The rest of the grass is still quiet and motionless so it stands out a bit. It also seems to be glowing slightly pink which, I think, is also a big reason you probably noticed it.

Major
2012-03-15, 08:16 PM
Delita glances confused at the pink object and heads over to it to get a closer look. As he gets closer he tenses up and slowly moves towards it, keeping his guard up in case it was dangerous and had to be knocked the hell out.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-16, 01:28 AM
Delita moves closer towards the Glowing Grass, but the instant he takes an aggressive stance the tone changes immediately. Out of the grass rises a strange pink ball, there appear to be what looks like veins going from the outer surface back inside of it but the inside seems to be just another mass of a darker glowing pink with two glowing white eyes. In a short second it looks towards Delita and shoots a small jet of water at him, hitting him right in the center of the chest leaving him slightly winded. Eli and Bob turn around but the rest of you are caught off guard.

OOC
Only Delita, Eli and Bob rolled high enough to act during the surprise round. The Orb already went. So it's Bob's go. You don't have to post in order but keep in mind if someone acts before you, you may want to see what they did before you act.

Delita
Crit on first attack, 17 damage

{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S
1|G|G|G|?|?|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G
2|G|G|G|?|?|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G
3|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G
4|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G
5|||||D|||||t|t||||||||
6||||||||||t|t||||||||
7||T|T|T||||||t|t||||||||
8||T|T|T|||||||t|t||||||Jo|
9||T|T|T|||||Ja|t|t|t|t||||||
10||||||R||||t|t||t|t|T|T|B||
11||||||||||t|t|E|t|t|T|T|t|t|
12||||||||||t|t||S|t|t|t|t|t|
13||||||||||t|t||||||||
14||||||||||t|t||||||||[/table]

Key:
D-Delita
B-Bob
E-Eli
R-Rowen
Jo-Jordan
Ja-Jason
S-Shia
?-Mystery Orb
T-Tree
t-Trail (Footprints)
G-Tall Grass

Initiative Order:
Mysterious Orb
Bob
Eli
Delita
Jordan
Rowen
Jason

Moranica
2012-03-16, 12:47 PM
"Watch out! It's a ...... something, but it could be dangerous!"

Bob moves himself between the thing and Jordan.

MintyNinja
2012-03-16, 04:05 PM
"Oh, damn! The hell is that?" Jason shouts, surprised. "Del, you okay?"

OOC
Just to be clear, movement is 5 +or- DEX mod? I'll only be able to move three squares a round, damn. I'm still just sittin still actin all surprised and whatnot. To bad we can't do a WIS check to see if the pink orb is alone or not *cough*hint*cough*

Major
2012-03-16, 04:14 PM
Post isn't appearing. This is a post to make it appear

"Yep...it was just water. High pressure and hurt like a bitch, but just water." Delita said as he swung his fist to punch the stupid blob in the face. Human opponent's were so much easier. Identifying weak points like the adam's apple, pressure points, and more was easy when you knew what something was. But against a random blob he didn't know about it would be much harder. With little to target he went for the only thing that looked like a good target, the eyes.

Will roll in OOC since this was edited in

BluesEclipse
2012-03-16, 06:27 PM
Rowen blinks as he sees the odd, ball-thing rise from the grass and blast Delita with a jet of water. "Well... that's certainly something I've never seen before..." he says, somewhat confused by the creature's odd appearance, before he moves forward, approaching the creature and bringing his blade up to a ready stance.

Rowen moves to F6.

TheGuitar
2012-03-16, 08:26 PM
Eli looks at the pink ball as it shoots down his comrade. He pulls out his slingshot and a rock, preparing for whatever may ensue.

He also looks down at Shia, who is clearly ready for a fight. You stay out of this... you breathe fire, this thing breathes water... water is gonna win.

OOC
Wis check to see if there's more [roll0]

Arcran
2012-03-18, 12:20 PM
"Raist, watch this Pokemon, it can actually do things," Jordan mutters, releasing his Abra as he creeps forward towards the creature. "On second thought, try to talk to it."
Wish I had another of those Pokeballs. This thing could be useful...

Raist
Blobby thingy! Don't hurt me! Raist sends telepathically at the Pokemon. Shoot the guy walking towards you! The annoying one!

Alright, Jordan moves to N5, releases Raist at M6. Oh, and Raist tells the bloby thing to kill Jordan. No biggy.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-18, 11:38 PM
Delita's fist impacts the Orb directly where the eyes are facing. It makes contact and the creature let's out a strainge noise that sounds like a high pitched wistle coming from inside you're own ear. And a second later Delita recoils in pain. Eli is looking around someone frantically.

Delita
Only a short second you hit the Orb the eyes began flashed a light and suddenly it felt like you got fit in the jaw. But it didn't feel like that thing did it. If you weren't looking straight at it you could've sworn that jab was from your old man.

Eli
You do not see any others, of anything really. The six of you and this thing are the only things moving right now.

Jason
You think back to all the story's you've heard of these pocket monster and none of them sound anything like this sort of thing. You briefly think it looks kind of like the Sentient Balls from Futurama(TM). Instead of a brain, it's a... Fetus looking thing? With Glowing eyes. Oh yeah, and it shoots water. And the kid named Delita punched it.

All
When Jordan releases Raist the eyes inside the ball suddenly move staring intensely at Raist. Raist stops moving almost immediately. His eyes wide open for the first time. And suddenly Jordan can't hear him anymore.

DAMAGE
Delita: 16

3|G|G|G|G|D|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G
4|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G
5||||||||||t|t||B|Jo|||||
6||||||P||||t|t||R||||||
8||T|T|T|||||||t|t|||||||
9||T|T|T|||||Ja|t|t|t|t||||||
10||||||||||t|t||t|t|T|T|||
11||||||||||t|t|E|t|t|T|T|t|t|
12||||||||||t|t||S|t|t|t|t|t|
13||||||||||t|t||||||||

Key:
D-Delita
B-Bob
E-Eli
P-Prism
Jo-Jordan
Ja-Jason
S-Shia
R-Raist
?-Mystery Orb
T-Tree
t-Trail (Footprints)
G-Tall Grass

Initiative Order:
Mysterious Orb
Bob
Eli
Delita
Jordan
Rowen
Jason

OOC
Two quick things.
Rowen is now P for Prism because I forgot about Raist. Thankfully Prism has two names. Something I didn't realize was as handy until just now.

Bob didn't say where he was going, so I just moved him seven spaces for you.

Arcran
2012-03-18, 11:44 PM
Jordan watches the thing, then looks at Raist. That was weird. Raist never opened his eyes, even when he was awake. "Raist! Raist! Can you hear me!" No response.
"Bob! Something's wrong with Raist! Kill the blob, it's doing this to him!"
He then stares intently at the thing. Distinguishing marks, the books he'd read, he wracks his mind for everything he had ever seen, read or heard hoping to figure out what this thing was or what "type" it is.

INT Check to identify: [roll0]
WIS Check to identify: [roll1]

MintyNinja
2012-03-19, 12:51 AM
Unable to piece together the clues to the identity of the mysterious pokemon, Jason decides to get closer in case Del needs help. He gets closer to the tree at his right and advances cautiously. Once he feels close enough he pats the pockets of his backpack and ascertains exactly where the medical supplies are.

OOC
Move to E7. Don't know if Prism will still be there by the time it's Jason's turn, so I didn't mention him. Under the new rules Movement is "5, or 3 Plus half of STR, DEX, or CON mod, whichever is highest". Hope that's alright. If we're playing by 1.29, then I only have 3 movement. And I'd move to F8.

Major
2012-03-19, 01:02 AM
"What the hell?" Delita mumbles stumbling backward from the hit. What happened? Was it a psychic attack that was just timed right or did the thing inflict pain whenever Delita hurt it? "Ugh...only one way to test..." He said quickly kicking with his right foot in an attempt to catch the pokemon off-guard by attacking from a different part of the body.

Trainer Attack: [roll0]
Trainer Damage: [roll1]

BluesEclipse
2012-03-19, 01:14 AM
Rowen looks at the... thing oddly, before darting forward, coming up next to Delita. He turns to more fully face the creature, and brings his wooden blade up in a quick slash before shifting it back into a ready position.

You forgot to update the map to reflect Prism's new identifier, btw.

Prism: Move to F3
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Normal

TheGuitar
2012-03-19, 09:48 AM
Eli begins to move closer to the thing, to see if he can get a good shot at it.

OOC
Eli moves to J7 and Shia follows to K8.

Also, what is the range on a slingshot anyways... like 10ft?

Moranica
2012-03-20, 03:40 PM
As Jordan calls for help, Bob's well trained instincts flare to life. Shouting angrily, he charges the pink blob. .... only to fall short several feet.

"You're going to pay, little pinky! Stop hurting my brother's pokemon!"

Moves to H4

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-20, 09:07 PM
Bob begins to rush in at the Orb/Blob as Delita gives the creature another hard jab. It hits but the creature doesn't respond to it at all. Eli and Prism begin to head towards the creature as well. Prism reaches it and in one swift motion he slashes at it. The sword makes contact but bounces off. Jason runs in as well getting about as far as Eli.

Jordan
Nothing about the creature is familiar. However you do recignize that the attacks it's been using don't match anything else about it. It doesn't even seem to know what it's using. You can't tell a lot about it but one thing is painfully obvious to you now. This is without a doubt the same gigantic "life" you felt through Raist earlier. And you can tell from it's movements that it hasn't been exerting any physical effort on these attacks. It must be mental. Like Raist.

All
The creature again seems to let out a high pitched sound seeing all the hostile forces around it. Then it lets out a black energy that bursts around it hitting Bob, Prism and Delita.

DAMAGE

20 damage to Bob Prism and Delita.

3|G|G|G|G|D|P|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G
4|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|B|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G
5||||||||||t|t|||Jo|||||
6||||||||||t|t||R||||||
7||T|T|T|Ja|||||E|t||||||||
8||T|T|T|||||||S|t|||||||
9||T|T|T||||||t|t|t|t||||||
11||||||||||t|t||t|t|T|T|t|t|
12||||||||||t|t|||t|t|t|t|t|
13||||||||||t|t||||||||

Key:
D-Delita
B-Bob
E-Eli
P-Prism
Jo-Jordan
Ja-Jason
S-Shia
R-Raist
?-Mystery Orb
T-Tree
t-Trail (Footprints)
G-Tall Grass

Initiative Order:
Mysterious Orb
Bob
Eli
Delita
Jordan
Prism
Jason

Arcran
2012-03-20, 11:24 PM
I have no idea what this is. That scares me more than anything.

"We can't fight this thing. Run!" Jordan cries, returning Raist, (if possible) and running away.

TA: Return Raist
SA: Move to S5

MintyNinja
2012-03-21, 05:02 AM
Jason sees the blast attack from the monstrous pink blob but his attention is focused on Del. The last attack seemed to hurt him more than the others, and he was already taking hits like a champ. Ignoring the cries and pleas of the others, he barrels onward and through the tall grass to reach Del's side. "Hey, you don't look so good," he says with a slight laugh, trying to alleviate the tension. "Here, let's hope this will help." And with that he handed the wounded trainer a fist full of pills and injected him with an unmarked needle from his kit.

Move to E4
Use Medical Supplies on Del. [roll0]

Major
2012-03-21, 05:27 AM
"Thanks...I've had some fighting training and am used to taking hits." Delita said glancing back as Jordan ran. He mumbled something under his breath but didn't have time to turn and yell. "Stick behind me Jason, keep me standing and I'll try and keep this thing busy." He said keeping his focus on the blob. With these words he again threw another punch.

Trainer Acc: [roll0]
Trainer Damage: [roll1]

TheGuitar
2012-03-21, 08:25 AM
Eli moves ever closer to the pink bubble. Shia follows. However, Eli realizes he still won't be in range of the thing. As if reading his mind, Shia decides to do exactly want Eli did not want her to, and her eyes begin to glow red. NO! Eli shouts, but it's too late as a mass of fire comes from shia and moves towards the bubble.

OOC
Eli to G5, Shia to H5.
Shia uses Ember!
Acc: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]
Beauty(?): [roll2]
Guess Ember burns on an 18-20 on the accuracy check.

BluesEclipse
2012-03-21, 11:49 AM
Scowling as the blade simply bounces off of the odd creature, Rowen grips his blade in both hands and strikes with an overhead slash. Shifting the blade back to a one-handed grip afterwards, he says, "I've got your back, Del... the two of us can at least keep it busy long enough to get everyone else clear, right?"

Trainer Attack: [roll0]

Also, TheGuitar, you don't need to include Beauty/Cool/Tough/Smart/Cute info in your attacks. That part of the move is specifically referring to its use in Contests.

Moranica
2012-03-22, 01:49 PM
Bob realises his mistake. He can't protect Jordan from this... It's way to much for him to handle. Then Jordan cries out:

"We can't fight this thing. Run!"

Bob waits a few seconds, and after Jordan has made a small headstart, he follows.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-22, 03:31 PM
Jordan attempts to return Raist but the red beam hits the humanoid pokemon and violently dissipates in a purplish pink flash. Jordan gives a grunt like sigh and mutters something along the lines of "typical" as he grabs Raist and runs.

Delita throws another punch at the orb but this time his hand is stopped short by some unseen force and all at once every muscle in his arm clenched and he recoils in pain. Jason behind him catches him as he staggers back.

Prism sees this and swings his blade in retaliation. His sword hits an the moment it does Delitas muscles begin to relax and his gives out a large exhale.

Eli and Shia rush in and though Eli attempts to prevent it Shia releases a blast of red hot Embers at the orb.

Bob sees Jordan run and watches as he goes before starting after him when suddenly Raists eyes glow and the two of them vanish. You look around for them frantically but it doesn't take long for you to hear the others spot him. Turning around you see your brother and Raist. Inside the Orb facing the creature.

Jordan
You feel the power emanating from Raist before you feel your entire body being ripped from the plane of existence to reapear a second later. Pink fluid fills your eye and you struggle for breath before seeing the creature, directly in front of you, staring straight in your eye. Then just pain. You feel as if everything in your body is being thrown around inside of you and starting to be pulled out. Then you hear a quiet voice, maybe two. And suddenly the fluids begin to turn cold and the pain numbs. Protect... Jordan you hear faintly as you see Raist coming to. His right hand glowing blue and he flails at the actual creature who let's out the loudest shriek yet and thrusts the two of you out of the orb.

Bob
You see your brother in pain and turn back to the orb but before you make it the creature shoots the two of them out and you manage to catch them but fall prone. Jordan feels lighter and is breathing but not moving. Slowly he seems to wake up.

All
The creature now seems royally pissed. The eyes begin to open more and the arms become more pronounced. Then it behind forming a mass of energy inside the orb. The still air suddeny becomes harsh winds all swirling around the creature as it looks towards the group. Prism, Bob, Jordan, Eli and Shia all within one lines path. And in one blast that seems to shake the earth realeases a beam of Pure Force.

DAMAGE

A voice shouts from behind you. Zero Seven, Execute "Withdraw!" as a spinning disk flys in-between you three and the creature taking the blunt of the blast. As the beam pushes him back Prism is flung out of the way and The Disk hits Bob who manages to hold it as the beam presses on and eventually end. The creature sinks into the ground exhausted as an older man runs up behind you. Two creatyres follow him a large Red Lizard with claws and a blue dinosaur frog with a plant begining to bloom on its back. The disk emerges to reveal a turtle with what looks like wings for ears. You've seen him before. The odd old man that holds off Wild Ones, but can't remember his name. That is untill you hear Jordan mutter "...Oak"

Jordan
Your head is throbbing as you come top. Random images fly through your head. A tube, people talking, Numbers, Creatures in stasis, Two men one middle age in a white lab coat, the other a black haired young man smiling and laughing. The beam coming towards you is stopped and you'll turn to see the middle aged man, now much much older. His name comes to you out of nowhere. Oak.

OOC
STR>INT

3|G|G|G|G|D|P|W|R|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G
4|G|G|G|G|Ja|G|Jo|B|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G
5|||||||E|S||t|t||||||||
6|I|O|C|||||||t|t||||||||
13||||||||||t|t||||||||

Key:
D-Delita
B-Bob
E-Eli
P-Prism
Jo-Jordan
Ja-Jason
S-Shia
R-Raist
?-Mystery Orb
O-Oak
W-Wartortle
I-Ivysaur
C-Charmeleon
T-Tree
t-Trail (Footprints)
G-Tall Grass

Initiative Order:
Mysterious Orb
Bob
Eli
Delita
Jordan
Prism
Jason

Oak and the other used there turns to get here, they ran in from the left and Charmeleon threw Wartortle.

MAN this is hard to update from a phone. I'll correct errors when I get home.

TheGuitar
2012-03-22, 03:40 PM
Eli looks down at Shia, I told you not to do that. He looks back up at oak and the three pokemon with him. He had always admired his ability to keep the creatures, even if the man himself was a little... off.

Umm... thanks. Eli says.

OOC
Dang son. We almost just died.

Major
2012-03-22, 04:09 PM
Did I just pull an Ash Kethcum vs Mewtwo from the original movie with my punch?

Delita rubs his arm and quickly moves backward grabbing Jason, "Quick, let's go, monsters are better versus monsters and now is our opening."

My movement is 7, but I'm sticking with Jason so if I can't drag him my movement I move whatever his is.

Arcran
2012-03-22, 04:19 PM
Jordan falls to his knees, gasping in pain. Those eyes, the suffocating, had it been real? It sure felt real. Willing himself to stand Jordan once again lifts Raist. We have to move.. he thinks. Raist seems heavier for some reason.
"Oak! Help us," he wheezes, dragging the Abra behind him as he runs towards the man.

Moranica
2012-03-22, 04:52 PM
Bob runs to his brother, clutching him in his arms.

"BOB!!! Bob!! wake up! What happened? Are you alright?"

MintyNinja
2012-03-22, 07:12 PM
Jason stumbles back a step when he catches Del but doesn't drop him. He takes the hint from the other boy and begins to run back to the relative safety and out of the grass. He comes to a rest next to Oak's blue, plant pokemon and stops to say, "Thanks."

OOC
Move to A5. If I'm to make Del's move, put him at B5, by Oak.

BluesEclipse
2012-03-22, 09:28 PM
Picking himself up, Rowen looks at the creature, blinking. "It... it has that kind of power?" Looking at the others, he nods, and begins withdrawing along with the others, backing away with his weapon held in a defensive position. Nodding at the older man, he says, "Thanks... wasn't expecting something like... that."

Rowen will withdraw towards Oak, using his full movement. Exact location isn't as much of a concern.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-03-23, 12:36 AM
The old man is panting and wheezing. He looks exhausted from the run. Never mind all that. he pants Just get out of here before- Suddenly his hand shoots to his chest. He falls onto his knees gasping for air.

Then an all too familiar screech sounds off in your ear. Turning you see the Orb still low to the ground and the thing inside can't seem to move, but out in the grass others do. As a handful of Rats emerge, eye's glowing, in the grass.

Oak is on the ground and creatures approaching the three he brought with him look afraid and confused. Slowly they begin to turn to you. And a voice in your head say's they're asking you what to do as Raist begins to come to. His hand glowing slightly blue again.

Bob

The blue tortoise creature you caught gazes up at you, and shortly after Raist speaks you look into it's eyes and begin to hear Oaks voice telling them familiar phrases:

Wartortle

{table]Wartortle|Zero Seven
Level|16
XP|
Next Level|
Species|Wartortle
Gender|Female
Type|Water
Nature|Relaxed
Egg Group|Monster/Water 1
Weight Class|2
STAB Bonus|3
Held Item| [/table]

{table=head]Ability|Frequency|Effect
Torrent|Static|Last Chance (Water)[/table]

{table=head]Current HP|Max HP
34|34[/table]

{table=head]Stat|Value|Base Relation
HP|6|6
Atk|6|6
Def|15|10
Sp.Atk|13|7
Sp.Def|13|8
Speed|4|4[/table]

{table=head]Capability|Value
Overland|6
Surface|10
Underwater|8
Jump|2
Power|2
Intelligence|3
Fountain|[/table]

Moves:

Natural Moves:

Tackle
{table]Type|Normal
Frequency|At-Will
Accuracy Check|3
Range|Melee
Target|Single
Damage|2d6+Atk
Special Property|Dash[/table]

Tail Whip
{table]Type|Normal
Frequency|At-Will
Accuracy Check|2
Range|4
Target|Single
Damage|None
Special Property|-1 Defense Combat Stage to target.[/table]

Bubble
{table]Type|Normal
Frequency|Battle
Accuracy Check|11
Range|6
Target|Single
Damage|None
Special Property|Target flees 15 spaces, terrain permitting, and may not use Moves for 4 rounds; or their trainer is forced to switch Pokemon.[/table]

Withdraw
{table]Type|Normal
Frequency|At-Will
Accuracy Check|2
Range|Melee
Target|Single
Damage|2d6+Atk
Special Property|Interrupt - When a foe wishes to declare a Move, if this Pokemon has not yet acted they may use Quick Attack before the opponent's move is used.[/table]

Water Gun
{table]Type|Fire
Frequency|EOT
Accuracy Check|4
Range|10
Target|Single
Damage|1d12+Sp.Atk+STAB
Special Property|Trap - Target is trapped for 1d4+1 turns, and is unable to move, flee, or be switched. At the beginning of each turn Target takes 1d20 damage. This damage is unmodified by stats or typing. Only one Target may be trapped by Fire Spin at any time.[/table]

TM/HM Moves:

None

Jason

The Green DinoFrog creature behind you nudges you gently. You can hear Raist speaks to you as you look into it's eyes and begin to hear Oaks voice telling them familiar phrases:

Ivysaur

{table]Ivysaur|Zero Seven
Level|16
XP|
Next Level|
Species|Ivysaur
Gender|Female
Type|Grass/Poison
Nature|Modest
Egg Group|Monster/Plant
Weight Class|2
STAB Bonus|3
Held Item| [/table]

Overgrow|Static|Last Chance (Grass)[/table]

50|50[/table]

HP|12|6
Atk|11|6
Def|6|6
Sp.Atk|15|10
Sp.Def|6|6
Speed|6|6[/table]

Overland|8
Surface|2
Jump|2
Power|2
Intelligence|3
Sprouter|[/table]

Moves:

Natural Moves:

Tackle
{table]Type|Normal
Frequency|At-Will
Accuracy Check|3
Range|Melee
Target|Single
Damage|2d6+Atk
Special Property|Dash[/table]

Growl
{table]Type|Normal
Frequency|At-Will
Accuracy Check|2
Range|4
Target|Single
Damage|None
Special Property|-1 Attack Combat Stage to target.[/table]

Vine Whip
{table]Type|Grass
Frequency|At-Will
Accuracy Check|2
Range|10
Target|Single
Damage|2d6+Sp.Atk+STAB
Special Property|No effect[/table]

Poisonpowder
{table]Type|Poison
Frequency|EOT
Accuracy Check|6
Range|4
Target|Single
Damage|No Damage
Special Property|Blast, Creates a 1-meter blast. All legal targets are Poisoned[/table]

Sleep Powder
{table]Type|Grass
Frequency|Center
Accuracy Check|6
Range|6
Target|Single
Damage|No Damage
Special Property|Blast, Creates a 1-meter blast. All legal targets fall Asleep[/table]

Take Down
{table]Type|Normal
Frequency|EOT
Accuracy Check|5
Range|Melee
Target|Single
Damage|3d10+Atk
Special Property|Dash, Recoil 1/4[/table]

TM/HM Moves:

None

Delita

The Red Lizard with a fire on his tail, nearest you looks at you. Shortly after Raist speaks you look into it's eyes and begin to hear Oaks voice telling them familiar phrases:

Charmeleon

{table]Charmeleonr|Zero Four
Level|16
XP|
Next Level|
Species|Charmeleon
Gender|Female
Type|Fire
Nature|Hasty
Egg Group|Monster/Dragon
Weight Class|2
STAB Bonus|3
Held Item| [/table]

Blaze|Static|Last Chance (Fire)[/table]

34|34[/table]

HP|6|6
Atk|6|6
Def|4|4
Sp.Atk|14|8
Sp.Def|12|7
Speed|15|10[/table]

Overland|6
Jump|3
Power|2
Intelligence|3
Firestarter|
Glow|
Sinker|[/table]

Moves:

Natural Moves:

Scratch
{table]Type|Normal
Frequency|At-Will
Accuracy Check|2
Range|Melee
Target|Single
Damage|2d6+Atk
Special Property|Pass[/table]

Growl
{table]Type|Normal
Frequency|At-Will
Accuracy Check|2
Range|4
Target|Single
Damage|None
Special Property|-1 Attack Combat Stage to target.[/table]

Ember
{table]Type|Normal
Frequency|Battle
Accuracy Check|11
Range|6
Target|Single
Damage|None
Special Property|Target flees 15 spaces, terrain permitting, and may not use Moves for 4 rounds; or their trainer is forced to switch Pokemon.[/table]

Smokescreen
{table]Type|Normal
Frequency|EOT
Accuracy Check|None
Range|3
Target|No Target
Damage|No Damage
Special Property|Wall, Place 5-meters of wall that can pa passed through and attacked through. Must me placed within 3-meters of user. Moves through wall roll +3 accuracy to hit. Wall remains for 10 rounds. Brick Break cannot brake smokescreen.[/table]

TM/HM Moves:

None

Jordan
Raist looks up at you. I think I can fight too.

Raist learned Ice Punch!

3|G|R1|R2|R3|R4|R5|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G
4|G|G|W|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G|G
5|Ja|D|B|R|||E|S||t|t||||||||
6|I|O|C|Jo||||||t|t||||||||
7||T|T|T|P|||||t|t||||||||
13||||||||||t|t||||||||

Key:
D-Delita
B-Bob
E-Eli
P-Prism
Jo-Jordan
Ja-Jason
S-Shia
R-Raist
?-Mystery Orb
O-Oak
W-Wartortle
I-Ivysaur
C-Charmeleon
R#-Rattata
T-Tree
t-Trail (Footprints)
G-Tall Grass

Initiative Order:
Mysterious Orb
Bob
Eli
Delita
Charmeleon
Jordan
Prism
Rattata
Jason
Ivysaur
Raist
Wartortle

The faster pokemon may delay themselves waiting for an order.

MintyNinja
2012-03-23, 01:34 AM
Looking down at the blue green dinosaur like pokemon as she nudged him again, Jason realized that she needed him to guide her. He'd not expect that, but if these creatures were raised by Oak, they may not understand the fighting instincts in their wild brethren. "Okay, I can do this," he says to himself when he gets Raist's instructions. "I mean, we can do this, Zero-One." That's kind of an odd name... "Let's see... okay: get in front of me and hit that Rat with a Vine Whip!"

Glad for a direction to go and an order to follow, Zero-One lumbers past Jason and stands between him and the Rat. Almost too quick to follow, a dark green vine unwinds from around the base of the plant on her back and lashes out at the enemy. Before Jason can blink, the vine is quickly wrapped back into it's hiding place.

Ivysaur to B4. Attacks Rattata at B3.
AC: [roll0]
Dam:[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2012-03-23, 01:45 AM
Prism looks at the rats for a moment, and sees Jason order the dino-plant forward. As it lashes out at one of the rats, he shifts his stance, and says, "Alright, then... Del, you guys cover Oak. I'll help with our pest problem!" He rushes forward, bringing his blade down in a sweeping slash at the rat nearest Eli and Shia.

Move to F4
Trainer Attack v. Rattata in F3: [roll0]

Also, 2 things:

Prophet - You should differentiate the enemies from one another. Add numbers next to the abbreviations or something.

Minty - You might want to specify what move you're using in the spoiler.

TheGuitar
2012-03-27, 07:12 PM
Eli looks at the new pokemon, both those with Oak as well as the rats.

Wow... Is all he can say for a moment, until he get it together. Shia, can you do the fire things on the rats? Shia looks up at him as if to say "Absolutely" and her eyes begin to glow, meanwhile Eli pulls out and arms his slingshot.

OOC
Shia is going to use Ember against R5.
Acc: [roll0]
DMG: [roll1]

I assume it takes a full round to draw and load my slingshot. Also, it's a d4 damage, yes?

Major
2012-03-27, 08:28 PM
"Uhhh burn the rats or something!" Delita says not knowing the pokemon very well, but seeing that it's tail was on fire guessed the lizard was good for something.

Charmeleon and myself aren't moving since we got caught off and now the square in front of me is blocked.
Acc: [roll0] (burn 18-20)
Damage: [roll1]

Edit: Forgot to mention which rat...uhhh...well I got range so why not the farthest one? R5

Moranica
2012-03-29, 04:08 PM
Bob looks in surprise. He grasps the situation rather quickly though.

"Yo! Turtlemon! Use your watergun on it!!"

Ac [roll0]; [roll1]

Arcran
2012-03-31, 01:25 PM
Sorry, I somehow keep missing these updates. Damn the forum subscription system!

"You? Fight? Whatever. Just hit the damn things," Jordan says, moving back.

Raist will use Ice Punch on R5 after Shifting to G4.
Jordan will Shift to F8.
AC: 2+DEF [roll0]
Damage: Physical, Ice [roll1]

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-02, 02:10 PM
Delita is the first to act, not knowing much about the lizard in front of him he gives it a vague order. Apparently it's enough, however, as the lizard almost instantly drops to all fours. Her tail whips over her head like a cannon and as it lets out a small roar a flurry of embers burst from its tail like a small explosion. The rat on the farthest side is enveloped in them and lets out a loud screech as it runs around in obvious pain before finally dropping motionless on the ground, smoke rising from its lifeless body. Eli gives Shia an actual command as he draws his slingshot. Meanwhile Prism had also rushed in, sword in hand, he was heading to the farthest rat but after seeing it nearly incinerated he changed his target to the rat next to it. He swings down at it but the rat evades with surprising mobility, hissing violently at him. Shia takes that opportunity, opens her mouth and again a small explosion of embers blasts from her mouth to the rat Prism had just swung at. The embers make contact and it lets out another loud screech but finds it footing and holds it's ground, twitching in obvious pain. Now enraged and injured the rat turns towards Prism. It's hind legs rise and it lowers its torso to the ground. Suddenly in lunges at him in a bull rush but he manages to evade it. The other three charge ahead as well attacking whatever is in front of them. In this case it's Jordan, Bob's Turtle and Delita and while Delita also manages to evade Jordan gets hit and it looks like the turtle either didn't react in time or just didn't bother. Jason acts fast and the dinosaur known as Zero-One rushes in, a vine emerges from the plant on it's back and whips out striking the rat that attempted to hit Delita. The vine makes contact on the far side of the rats face and as it makes contact and pulls back you hear an audible *crack* as the rat falls down twitching a few times before turning still. Raist also moves, vanishing one second only to reappear next to the rat that Shia burned, his fist glowing blue he hits the rat who, already exhausted, finally falls. Bob had waisted no time ordering his new ally to attack the large purple rat in front of them as well. But it's reaction had been slow. After the rat hit it though the turtle looks at it briefly, takes a deep breath and lets out a jet of water almost identical to the one the orb shot out earlier. It hits the rat square in-between its eyes and it goes down with a hard *thud*.

Damage
Wartortle and Jordan take 12 damage each before accounting for defenses.

This is when the Orb becomes active again. It slowly begins to rise but it bobs slightly as it does, almost as if it's panting. Finally it lets out the loudest ear piercing screech yet and its entire bubble orb begins to glow with every color imaginable and some you probably couldn't. Multicolored beams shoot out in every direction. You all duck and cover as they pass you all by. The last remaining rat is hit first. The moment it touches the light it envelops the creature that flails uselessly as you see it start to get smaller. It's fangs retreating into it's body and it's ears getting smaller. The Turtle makes no attempt to move but becomes frantic when it gets hit by the light as well. When it does it lets out a cry that seems to startle it's two companions as they turn around to find him they too get struck by the light. The four creatures cry out as the orb seems to drain them, each getting smaller and weaker as the orb becomes larger and the creature inside becomes more pronounced. It's head becomes vaguely feline and a tail begins to emerge. It drops the rat, which now looks like a hatchling, first. Then the turtle and lizard. The turtle is significantly smaller now, for one thing it doesn't have it's trademark ears that look like little wings. It's head is round and blue and it looks quite shy retreating into it's shell. The lizard has lost it's claws, it also is missing the single horn from the back of it's head. However the orb seems to hold onto the Dinosaur. As it struggles and flails you can see the plant retreat into a bud. It seems to like the nutrients it pulls out of it because the orb holds onto the dinosaur until it has drained everything out of it. The creature inside begins to grow what could almost be feat and it's glowing eyes gain an iris. It finally drops what is left of the creature, which is now just an egg on to the ground. Jason manages to catch it before it hits the ground. Then the creature lets out a jubilant final screech and vanishes into the brush.

The old man is still on the ground clutching his chest muttering "Pills... at the lab" and pointing back towards town.

Charmeleon and Wartortle have been reverted to there previous forms Charmander and Squirtle. Delita and Bob can restat them if they want as Level 5 pokemon

Arcran
2012-04-02, 02:16 PM
"Pills," Jordan mutters. "Bob! Come with me! We need to fine his pills!" he says, running at his (admittedly slow) pace back to town.

TheGuitar
2012-04-02, 10:33 PM
In the moment in-between the disappearance of the creature and Oak's words, Eli just stands there, completely in awe and confusion as to what just happened. Then, he snaps right back to.

Right, the Lab! He says. He bends down to Shia, Good job. I don't know what we did exactly... or if we even beat it... but good job.

BluesEclipse
2012-04-02, 10:56 PM
Prism scowls as he looks towards where the creature vanished, before turning towards Oak. Hearing the man's gasping request, he scowls, and looks around at the group before saying, "Del, Eli, head back to town and find his pills! We'll follow as best we can with him!" Sighing, he mutters, "What I wouldn't give to have Jon and Kage on hand right about now..."

MintyNinja
2012-04-03, 12:00 AM
As Jason catches the egg, that just moments ago he had given orders too, he trips over his own shoes and rolls through the tall grass. But he shelters the egg carefully as he rolls and in a moment of epiphany he realizes that he cares about it. This blue and green egg, that will one day hatch and produce... would it be Zero-One? Or would it be a new incarnation, with new memories? "It doesn't matter," he whispered to the egg clutched at his chest. "I'll keep you safe, I'll keep you strong."

As Jordan runs off to get the pills for the professor, Jason tries to stand and promptly falls on his ass. He tries again and once he gains his feet he becomes aware of a dull ache in his left hip, and instinctively he understands that he won't be as agile as he used to be.

Major
2012-04-03, 02:37 PM
"Uhhh...right, sure." Delita said grabbing the now tiny dragon and being careful to avoid the fire. "Come on we gotta save your old man."

Moranica
2012-04-03, 02:40 PM
Bob starts running as well, passing Jordan as he shouts: "I'm faster then you, you wait here, with the others."

TheGuitar
2012-04-03, 11:06 PM
Eli runs along, still fairly confused.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-04, 02:20 PM
You trail back to where the old man had indicated, in the direction towards the village. Delita, Bob and Jordan are leading the way, both of the smith brothers are stubbornly trying to be first. Occasionally the lizard Delita is holding tugs at him and points slightly off point. Eli can also see that the tracks from Oaks party had been more southwest than your party had traveled.

It takes your group another hour and a half, and Oak is not looking good. Finally the grass begins to clear and you see a large complex. Bigger than anything you've seen since the disasters struck. The east wing looks completly demolished and the south side looks like it's missing a huge chunk of itself.

As you approach you pass what looks like a makeshift tombstone that has a large chunk taken out from the top. Engraved in it looks like the name "Don" but it stops at the portion that's missing.

Oak is fading fast so you hurry inside. Pushing the doors open the place is desolate with a few light fixtures hanging above you. As you walk in the lights automatically turn on. As you follow down the hallway you come to a larger area surrounded by computer screens. The second you enter this area the screens turn on, bright red, and an angry face appears on the screens. "intruder" it simply states and the motor in the room spin violently. You become quickly aware the room is rapidly becoming uncomfortably hot before Oak says It's alright Byte, they're with me.

The motors stop at once, and the faces are replaced with a smiling emoticon. A bright light flashes and floating in the middle of the room is a small angular looking creature. It's mostly pink and white and each of it's limbs seem to move almost independently of themselves. Byte... Pills... the small angular creature zips back into the screens but this time only one of them lights up. It's by a small desk, and sitting on it is a small case of pills.

Major
2012-04-04, 02:23 PM
Delita quickly moves over to the pills and takes the container and moves back over to Oak. "How many do you need?" He ask as he unscrews the top and counts out the right number before giving them to Oak.

MintyNinja
2012-04-04, 03:11 PM
Jason felt useless. His normally chipper attitude would have been insulting in the tense situation and he couldn't effectively help carry Oak and the egg. He made up for it as well as he could by carrying someone's bag, he didn't remember who. As Delita offered the pills to the ailing professor, Jason was able to see that they were different than the ones in their own medical supplies. "They must be for a specific reason, probably heart medication," he said blankly. This situation was making it hard to be cheerful.

Arcran
2012-04-04, 03:16 PM
Jordan watches the Pokemon dash in and out of the computers with intrest. Something like that could definately be useful. Kill the Professor and take it... No. He saved our lives, I'll repay the favor for now. he thinks to himself.

"Raist, say "Hi" to that thing," Jordan says, watching it. He had heard rumors of the Pokemon; Porygon, something that had been made in the last few days. Somehow Oak had got one. He'd have to ask the Professor about that when he wakes up.

TheGuitar
2012-04-04, 03:49 PM
As they get inside the complex, Eli practically collapses. Despite living in a post-apocalyptic world, he was woefully unprepared for all this running. Shi sat beside him, simply looking at him, with an almost bemused look on her face. She seemed... more mature, for some reason.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-04, 08:46 PM
Delita feeds Oak the pills according to the label on the side. Oak swallows them and sits in his chair panting, still holding his heart. You stand around looking at him when he finally summons up some of his strength and speaks to you in a harsher voice than before
What were you all thinking?! Don't you know Pokemon live in tall grass?!

Arcran
2012-04-04, 09:20 PM
Delita feeds Oak the pills according to the label on the side. Oak swallows them and sits in his chair panting, still holding his heart. You stand around looking at him when he finally summons up some of his strength and speaks to you in a harsher voice than before
What were you all thinking?! Don't you know Pokemon live in tall grass?!

You. Are. Awesome.
"Of course we know that! Every idiot knows that! We were going after the last batch of idiots that were sent into the grass! What did you think we were doing, going for a stroll through the grass?" Jordan says, voice dripping sarcasm.

TheGuitar
2012-04-04, 10:43 PM
Eli steps in. We were tracking a party sent out to get supplies from the next time. We knew the danger when we left... but our town needs the supplies. I hope you understand that we needed to do what we did... and are still doing, really.

OOC
Diplomacy/Charisma Check: [roll0]
Edit: Well... I'm just going to come off as a tool.

BluesEclipse
2012-04-04, 10:46 PM
Rowen nods at Jordan's words, and says, "The mayor asked us to go after the scouting party after communications went dead on both ends. I think he mentioned he had tried to find you and couldn't - he did mention that sending us out was a last resort option."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-04, 11:49 PM
Oaks eyebrows raise at the lot of you. Still panting heavily.

So the mayor is so desperate that he has to turn to boys to do his work. Still, I needed that party to get to Viridian... It seems it not possible after all. he gets up but seems pretty winded.

Zero-One fetch my cane will you I- He then takes first real notice of the Egg that Jason is holding in his hands. Oh... oh yes, that's right. Zero-Four I don't suppose you could... but he trails off as he looks at the creature next to Delita who stares back at him with a blank eye. Yes... Yes I figured as much... You there boy, hand me my bag. he directs to Jason.

MintyNinja
2012-04-04, 11:57 PM
Jason hurriedly does as he's told and when he brings the bag back in one hand he has Oak's cane hooked on the arm holding the blue and green egg, as if Zero-One were still here for her master. "Here, sir."

Major
2012-04-04, 11:57 PM
Delita doesn't speak much as he looks around the lab. This man apparently knew a lot about these creatures and controlled not one, but at least three. It just proved his points that they could be used to help, not just to hurt despite what his father believed.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-05, 12:48 PM
Oak accepted the bag and cane giving a rare (and brief) but warm smile Thank you my boy... as he rustled through the bag. He finally finds what he's looking for, a small case, but as he pulls in out a file lands on the floor which he rushes quickly to pick up (Dex or wis check if you want). He then sets the case down next to him, puts his bag on the floor and addresses you all.
As it happens, I needed that group to reach Viridian. There is a very important package waiting for me there that I need. he says need with a surprising amount of emphasis, almost desperately. I gave that group my full support, even radio communication to reach back to the mayor or... Myself. With the tools I gave them and the skills they had, to say nothing of the fact that they were armed to the teeth, I had hoped they could've made it to at least Viridian and back. I hadn't expected... Perhaps you do need one to- it doesnt matter. What matters is I need that package. he is very out of breath at this point so he needs to take a moment. Now, unfortunately I am not in a condition to make the trip myself, and Im holding you lot responsible. :sigh: But that's fine. The Mayor trusted you enough to send you off to your deaths, so I'll do one better. You won't be alone of course. Those Pokemon that stand next to you. The ones that used to be 01, 04 and 07. It seems that ray, that beam sucked all there experience out of them. They have little to no memory of me anymore... he almost seems lonely now. So I'm giving them to you. Numbers 1 4 and 7 project names Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. It's been a long time since I've seen them in those forms... Well, I hadn't seen Zero-One in egg form ever we hadn't synth- never mind. An egg though... Interesting. It isn't that far back, it must be in it's final stages of... Yes there it goes. even as he talks the egg in Jasons arms begin to shake and crack as a smaller blue green creature tries to push it's way out.

I suppose since they're not the companions I knew you can call them what you want. And you two switching his attention to Jordan and Eli. Seem to have found partners of your own. The fire fox project and the psychic initiative... Its interesting... We hadn't envisioned physical capabilities... he trails off.

Which brings me to you finally arriving on Rowen. You do not have a partner, and the group ahead of you may have proven traveling into the wilds without one is far too perilous. Is it really... Necessary for you to go?

MintyNinja
2012-04-05, 12:57 PM
As the file falls to the floor, Jason tries to get a glance of what he can before the professor retrieves it.
Wis: [roll0]
And as the professor mentions the egg and it's final stages, Jason finally clues in. This little one will be mine? That's... awesome!

Arcran
2012-04-05, 12:59 PM
Jordan tries to see the file as well.

WIS Check: [roll0]

Major
2012-04-05, 02:32 PM
As the file falls Delita glances at it out of reflex, before going back to looking around the lab barely paying attention. However, the comment of the Charmander being his snapped his attention, "Wait...my own monster?" Delita asked surprised, "Is it trained? I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep it though since I'm Apaul's son..." He says training off the last few words and looking to the side.

As he looks to the side he sees the fire lizard again and starts to think. Let's see...it's fire so it could probably beat up grass and bugs pretty easily which seem pretty common. That's good. I'll probably want to keep it away from the water though. Delita says as he starts picturing the various creatures that he had seen around town and what the strengths and weaknesses of it would be.

BluesEclipse
2012-04-05, 09:57 PM
Rowen looks up at Oak as he speaks, and listens as the man questions him. A hard look enters his eyes as he meets the scientist's gaze, and he answers with a calm voice, "You're right... I don't have a partner... and I'm far from calling myself a master swordsman. I'm strong, but clearly not strong enough to handle some of the things out there. I probably would be better off staying in Pallet along with my friends." His voice takes on a somewhat uncharacteristic edge as he continues, "But there are problems with that. The closest thing I have left to a father was part of that last scouting group. For all we know, he and the others could be somewhere out there right now, unable to get to town and unable to communicate with us. My little sister is out there somewhere, and unlike me, she is not a fighter. Even though this is just meant to be a trip to gather supplies, it's possibly the only chance I'll have to find something - anything - that could lead to finding her. I may be safer sticking around here... but I absolutely have to go. If I don't..." He sighs, and finishes, "If I don't go... if I don't at least try to find them... I'll never be able to live with myself. If it means going on my own, then I go on my own." Rowen looks at Oak expectantly, almost as if daring him to deny his right to join the others.

TheGuitar
2012-04-06, 12:28 AM
As the file falls, Eli glances, mostly out of habit. He then returns his attention to the doctor... and is a little confused by his words. Especially since he kept wandering off. it seemed clear that they had to get to Viridian city though.

Alright, we'll head on then. And as far as my... Fire Fox, was it? She's pretty darn capable to handle some things. I'm the best at following trails, so if you have a map or anything that would be of use, I'd like it.

OOC
Dex: [roll0]

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-06, 12:35 AM
Jason and Jordan (And anyone who rolls a 15+ if you didn't get a chance to roll)
The file is faded and significantly worn, it looks like it's been left out in the rain and snatched out of a fire but you can still make out the words on the front. Project Pokemon

Oak gives Rowen a long hard look as he talks, and when he finishes the old man gets up. Staggers over to Rowen on his cane and give him another look up and down.

Caring for you family is all well and good but if you go out on your own you'll just be killing youself. Now I won't tell you not to do it, it's not my place, but you should think about your actions before you make them. I don't care very much for the bold and rash. As for your sister... Well, that's better left unsaid. And even if I knew the truth it probably wouldn't stop you from wanting to see it for yourself. His eyes narrow, almost as if he's really trying to see you. Finally he say's
Your not going out alone. And since it's you boys you'll need all the help you can get. You have no idea of what's out there. I just managed to catch her, she's still feral... No choice. I can't send you out alone. Byte? Bring me Project E. You can hear the pokemon respond from in the computer and zoom across all the screens until eventually he hits a pod on the far right of the room that opens up from the bottom and a small pokeball with the letter "E" written on it raises from inside. Oak staggers over, picks it up and walks back to Rowen.

You think you're tough boy? Good. You'll be needing it for this one. as he hands you the small pokeball. She's a feisty one. The others three are fairly tame, and they'll listen to you. Even before I trained them they were always the most responsive. Zero-Four- I mean... Charmander, was the hardest but even she was a pushover at the end of the day. You say you're Apaul boy? Oak directs towards Delita. Well if he does make it back, and if anyone could it would be him, I'll have a chat with him. Meantime you must be curious of what happened to your father, Byte? Bring up the last few recordings we have of the scouting party.

Rowen
Congratulations you are now the proud owner of a lv 5 Female Eevee. You can either Roll for Nature or take the default of Poised. Loyalty is a big 0

Major
2012-04-06, 12:47 AM
Odd I posted that I looked, but never rolled. Fixing that now.
[roll0]

"Honestly I could care less what happens to him." Delita said coldly as he crosses his arms. "Good luck talking to him though since he feels murdering them is a much better choice than raising them."

BluesEclipse
2012-04-06, 12:49 AM
Taking the ball, Rowen nods, saying, "Heh... Sol told me once, 'The things most worth doing are the hardest to actually see through.' And... thanks." With that, he looks at the ball for a moment, before turning his attention to the screens.

Arcran
2012-04-06, 01:04 AM
Jordan had never been one for subtlety, and now was not the time to start. He looks at Oak for a long second.
"We're not going anywhere until you tell us more. How did you survive? What do you know that can help us? How'd you get those Pokemon? And what the hell is Project Pokemon?"

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-06, 01:38 AM
Oak is fiddling with his computer when Jordan talks and he stops dead in his tracks.

...That was nothing. I'm trying to concentrate. Don't bug me he snaps This is... This is important. I set this computer to record the conversations from the radio I gave to the scouting troupe but it looks damaged. I'm trying to salvage it He is now typing more furiously than ever. Ahh, here we go, I've got something. as he begins to playback the recorded sound data. The voices are scratchy and it's hard to tell who's talking but you hear this:

..."Dead, all dead, just like that, I can't I just can't take this. Luke man. It barely looked at Luke and he just... (*Naughty Word*)ing Exploded! How do you stop something like that?!" "Mathers just Shut Up!" "How can you be so calm?! Everyone else is dead but the three of us!" "Just Shut Up! I'm Not dying. I can't leave my idiot son to fend for himself, he'd get himself killed." "No offense Apaul but I'm not exactly concerned for your son right now, it's us you should be worried about" [SFX-A Large Cat lets out an attack cry] [SFX-Muffled Radio] "-believe you God-" [SFX-Muffled Radio]

Oak plays with the communication system a bit Hold on, it seems some of this feedback was damaged on its way over... interference. I'll see if I can't piece it back together. Here we go.

..."Oh God, Oh God there's just too much of it" "You're doing fine Eric just keep pressure on it" "I'm trying! Oh (*Expletive*). There's just not enough time, it's going to find us any second now!" "Then keep you're voice down, I'm almost done." "...Damn it... I can't stop here... My son..." "You're son's going to be fine Apaul we're all going to be fine" "... I lost his mother... couldn't find her before the disasters..." "It's fine Apaul, save your strength" "... Hadn't seen her in years anyway but I wanted... I just wanted to..." "I know I know, you've got to calm yourself, I'm not used to doing stitch work like this." "That boy... that stupid stubborn boy... he's all I have left." "Oh god Apaul please you need to hold on" "I've done some terrible things... I've been a terrible father..." "I'm sure that's not true" "That thing... that... pet he brought home I saw it and I just... seeing him with that... thing..." "Apaul you can tell him when you see him, we're getting out of this" "I never told him I found his mother..." "You can tell him as soon as we get back" "...Big purple Rhino thing on top of her... I killed it... tried to save her..." "I'm sure you did your best" "She was gone... too far gone... just kept asking me 'Where's Del? Is he Ok?' ... I lied, told her I found him, before I had" "It's what she wanted to hear you did the right thing" "...she told me she was glad he was finally with his father... told me to keep him safe... wished she could see him grow to be a big stro-(*Hacks up Blood*) strong man" "Apaul please-" "Strong... like his father." "He's a fine young man" "I tried... Lord knows I tried to toughen him up... when I saw him... when I saw him with that... Thing. I just... I snapped. I couldn't handle... couldn't handle loosing him to them... loosing him like I did his mother." "Oh god, please, please just hold on" "He hates me now... I can see it. See it in his eyes. From the moment I snapped that things neck..." "He doesn't hate you, he's your son, he loves you" "I can't leave him yet... even if he hates me for it... he's not strong enough yet... he's to stupid... to stubborn... like his old man..." "You'll have time with him" [SFX-Cat Roars in the distance] "Oh God, Greg! Greg it's coming hurry up!"[/COLOR] "I can hear it Eric thank you! Apaul! What are you?" "Get off... I'll be fine." "Apaul you are not fine, I haven't even finished stitching you yet they could pop any second!" "Go..." "Apaul I can't-" "Just go, take the boy, I'm not leaving these woods anyway. I'll hold him off" "Apaul I'm not leavin-" [SFX-A hit and a grunt] "Greg! What? Why would you?!" "Take him kid..." "But I-" "Just take him and go, you're too young to die... get back to camp... and take these..." "These are-" [COLOR=grey]"For my son... if you see him" "He's too heavy I can't-" [SFX-Large Cat attack cry] "Damn it!" [SFX-Gunshots then a large crack and then radio static].

.... the radio on their side must have been damaged. This is where the feedback ends.

OOC
You are all aware that Luke Wellington, another member of the scouting party, was also the designated "Doctor" of the team, and the closest thing to a physician Pallet Town had.

Major
2012-04-06, 01:52 AM
As the sound plays Delita at first sounds annoyed and uninterested. However, when the second recording starts he freezes in shock. A part of him wanted to run away, the other part was frozen in place unable to move. He struggled to hold back his eyes from watering out of pride and clenched his teeth and fist. No...no...no no no no no no! It isn't supposed to be like this...I hate him...I should be glad... He thought to himself as he closed his eyes and listened to the rest of the recording. When it ended, Delita didn't say a word, but turned and walked out of the lab not looking at anyone.

TheGuitar
2012-04-06, 02:37 PM
Eli just listens, trying to hold back tears. He hoped some of them survived... but somewhere, he knew that they weren't coming back.

Moranica
2012-04-06, 05:43 PM
Bob just stares ahead of him. His eyes emotionless. Then his view shifts to Jordan, questioning.

What does it mean? Are they really dead. Did the thing we fought earlier did all that? And in that case, why aren't we dead?

"Jordan, what do you make of this?"

Arcran
2012-04-06, 07:26 PM
Bob just stares ahead of him. His eyes emotionless. Then his view shifts to Jordan, questioning.

What does it mean? Are they really dead. Did the thing we fought earlier did all that? And in that case, why aren't we dead?

"Jordan, what do you make of this?"

Jordan hadn't known many of the people on the radio transmission, something he was thankful for.
"I don't know. But, but if all of them, some of the best equipped people in the world couldn't make it to Viridian, how the hell are we supposed to?"

MintyNinja
2012-04-06, 09:39 PM
While everyone else was focused on the recording, Jason only half heard it. He had taken the egg behind a counter and set it down as it violently convulsed. More and more cracks spider-webbed throughout the shell as a familiar blue nose poked through. Within moments Jason was peeling shattered pieces of eggshell from the Bulbasaur's body. "I suppose you don't remember me, eh little guy? Er, girl. I guess you're a girl after all." She just looked at him quietly and tilted her head to the side. "It's okay, we get a fresh start. First, you need a name... how's Venus?" The Bulbasaur took a step closer and nudged his knee just like it had when he had first met it. "Venus it is then. Well Venus, I'm Jason and I'm going to raise and take care of you to the best of my ability."

He stepped back to the group with Venus in his arms just as the recording finished and he was able to get a glance at Del's expressionless face as he walked out of the lab. All he could say was, "What do we do?"

BluesEclipse
2012-04-06, 10:58 PM
As the recording plays, Rowen lets his head fall, trying to keep his own fear for Eric's survival from showing through. Hearing Eric's panicked tone, he thinks to himself, All the effort, all the work we put in to prepare ourselves for fighting these things... and it all falls apart like this? I can admit... Apaul was a far stronger fighter than Eric, just from raw power. But if the two of them, plus the rest of that group, weren't able to match these things... He closes his eyes, fighting back tears at Apaul's sacrifice. I can't imagine what Delita's thinking, after all that... from the sound of things, they didn't have the best relationship. Not like me and Eric... thinking about it, this was really his first time out there. He fought a couple of the smaller things in the wilderness... but he sounded completely lost, there. If he couldn't do this... then how can I? I want to find them... but... from the sound of things, Eric probably didn't survive that fight, and if he couldn't survive out there, how could Elly? His thoughts continue to cycle for a minute, before he catches Jordan's question, and then Jason's. What... what do we do? What would you do, Eric? If you were here... what would you do? Rowen's thoughts drift for a moment, to the beginning of the storms. He remembers how Eric took control, when the boys thought they wouldn't be able to survive what was happening to the world, and help pull them together, to pull them through. His eyes open, and he looks around, seeing no sign of Delita, but seeing the others there. Jason, with the plant-creature... the Bulbasaur. Jordan, with Raist... Eli, with Shia... Bob with the Squirtle... he looks towards the door, where Delita went outside, along with his Charmander. And he looks back at the capture ball in his hand, marked with an E. Sol... he knew he might not make it back. He knew they might not be able to handle this... but he tried, because it needed done. And me... how can I call myself his student if I'm not willing to follow his example?

Rowen turns his attention to the group as a whole, a determined glint in his eyes, and says, "What we do is simple. We go to Viridian. We don't necessarily have to be strong enough to fight these things, so long as we're smart enough to stay away from the most powerful ones. And... we've got something they didn't." He holds up the ball in his hand as an example. "The simple fact is, Pallet Town needs these supplies, and as of now we've got the best chance at getting them. As I said before... I want to go regardless. Even if I didn't have other reasons to leave Pallet, I'd still want to go - because if I can do this, or even just have the best chance of doing it, and don't... what right do I have to ask anyone else to do it? So I'm going... and honestly, from what I've seen, I think we'd be able to do this working together. You guys in?"

Arcran
2012-04-06, 11:07 PM
Jordan listens to the speech.
Poor sap, he just lost what was basically his dad.... We don't have a chance of making it, but we're damned if we don't go for it. Raist, you in? Jordan thinks.
For now.

"I'll go with you," Jordan says, striding forward.

MintyNinja
2012-04-06, 11:12 PM
Jason thinks back to the fight with the rats and how Ven- how Zero-One handled herself. Venus would grow to be strong again. And along the way he could do his best to keep his new friends healthy and alive. "We're in," he says with a glance to the blue froglike creature in his arms. "But we're going to need more medical supplies."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-07, 02:30 AM
Perhaps... perhaps I've been a bit to personal. Oak said glancing out the doorway. Is answers what you think you need? he directs towards Jordan in an almost accusatory fashion.

I suppose that would only be fair. That boy outside, a friend of one of yours I suppose, tell him to this for me would you? Go to Viridian and fetch me my package. When you return I'll give all of you all the answers you ask of me. What I have given you are yours to keep and the answers you get are also you to do with what you please, but first I need my package. Now... get out. I'm a tired old man and my heart's not as strong as it used to be. Go wherever you want but get out of here.

Major
2012-04-07, 03:42 AM
Delita stood outside the lab facing Viridian City watching in silence while the others talked and waited inside. He tried not to think, not to feel, and just exist.

Arcran
2012-04-07, 09:11 AM
Jordan goes outside and slumps to the ground, leaning against the lab. He tries to make idle conversation with Raist, but the Abra just goes to sleep.

TheGuitar
2012-04-07, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I'm in as well. I think the best thing we can do to honor their memories is to get those supplies. Says Eli, I don't know how we're going to make it, but yea, as long as we stay stealthy... we should be fine.

BluesEclipse
2012-04-07, 10:26 PM
Rowen nods, and turns to head out the door, slipping the ball into one of his pockets. Heading outside, he looks towards Delita, and sighs, uncertain as to what to say.

Arcran
2012-04-07, 10:49 PM
Jordan follows in silence, leaning heavily on his staff. All that excitement from earlier had taken a lot out of him.

Raist follows a few feet behind in silence as well.

Moranica
2012-04-08, 04:06 PM
Bob senses the mood and keeps quiet. He knows his words can't heal any wounds, and are more likely to tear open old ones. His head hanging he shuffles outside, following Jordan, nearly tripping over Raist.

Once outside he just stands there, waiting. Unsure what to do.

TheGuitar
2012-04-08, 04:12 PM
Eli stayed silent fro a moment. Then went outside.

Lets just get this done.

Major
2012-04-08, 07:51 PM
"Yeah." Delita says with a nod. "Sooner we get started, sooner we can finish this."

MintyNinja
2012-04-08, 10:48 PM
Jason's request for medical supplies ignored, he too stepped outside. "Too bad he couldn't give us some pokeballs or something. That would have been useful, too," he mentioned to no one in particular. They seemed to have gathered outside and most of them looked lost on what to do next. "So, Viridian city's that way? Let's get going."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-09, 12:29 AM
The walk back towards the outskirts of the route to Viridian is quieter than the first trip but also strangely calmer. Words just don't seem to need to be spoken.

However it becomes quickly apparent that the rest of the world has picked back up again. As you enter the thickets you can hear the grass rustling around you and birds are flying over head. The route is alive again.

OOC
As a reminder you all have an extra ability in my game. Once a day at any time you might find one you can roll a d100 and I'll put you in a fight with a pokemon. The pokemon are still weary so you can skip to nightfall safely walking the whole time, but if you go looking for one it's easy enough to find. Just no way to catch it. Eli is aware that walking through the night you could reach Viridian city by 1 AM. It is currently 4:30 PM. It's also more dangerous at night.

Arcran
2012-04-09, 08:56 AM
Jordan walks along, keeping his eyes peeled for a potential fight. Raist could actually do something now, and he'd take advantage of it.

[roll0]

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-09, 11:48 AM
Jordan
As the group travels through the wilds your mind is elsewhere. Raist is finally less useless and your interested in just how useful he may be. You're looking around for a good test subject when a bird flys down just a few feet from you. It's small and covered in brown feathers, with a few on the top of it's head jutting up. As you approach it, it eyes you wearily.

Major
2012-04-09, 12:31 PM
Question, when we use our ability is it a 1 vs 1 with us vs the pokemon. Or can others help? Because I'm trying to decide between getting extra XP or not. On one hand XP is nice, on the other hand I don't want to slow us down for one pokemon worth of XP that only I'd be getting.

Arcran
2012-04-09, 01:30 PM
"Raist, kill it," Jordan says, wanting to make sure last time wasn't a fluke.

The Abra dashes across the field and slams the bird with an Ice-covered fist.

Raist uses Ice Punch!
AC: 2+DEF [roll0]
Damage: Physical, Ice [roll1]

Also, note that I automatically know the name of the Pokemon due to Researcher.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-09, 01:45 PM
Something more for the OOC thread but to answer it: Most of the pokemon will run if confronted by a large group. But if you have the misfortune of running into one of the bigger or meaner pokemon you'll app probably need to jump in to get out alive. The lower the roll the rarer or stronger the pokemon that will appear. But most of these battles won't last long. I'm not even making maps for the majority of them

The bird doest know what hit it. One second it's eyeing the two strange humanoids, the next the smaller Ome had disappeared and reappeared hitting it with a numbingly cold fist. The small bird drops immidietly.

OOC
Jordan and Raist share 75 xp

Major
2012-04-09, 02:26 PM
Delita doesn't say anything but after watching the pokemon fight looks back at the charmander. She was looking around as if wanting to fight. He sighed as he looked around as well. He would need all the strength he could get and he wanted to be the best friend to the Charmander that anyone could be.

Might as well help it with a fight...I can learn more about how it fights, get it stronger, and teach it some of the enhanced training things dad taught me...

[roll0]
See OOC, I forgot to fix the dice after that "The boards require you to wait X seconds"

Arcran
2012-04-09, 02:45 PM
Jordan can't help but smile as his Pokemon takes down the bird with ease.
"Nice job Raist," he says, picking up the body.
"Hey guys, I got dinner."

Moranica
2012-04-09, 03:21 PM
Bob is stunned. .... His brother just got into a fight ... and won it.

"... way to go bro!! Picking up some of my moves I see?"

Also fighting!! [roll0]

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-09, 09:19 PM
The two of you see Jordan in action and decide you want a piece of your own. It doesn't take long.

Delita
Like Jordan you see a bird fly by you, but when you get closer to it you see it definitely doesn't look like his did. Red wings and a more raptor like beak with ruffled brown feathers going off in all directions. This one's more of a scuffler than the passive pigeon that Jordan fought. And it's definitely more aggressive. It fly's towards you growling.

Bob
You hear rustling in the grass nearby and running in you see one of those Rats you dealt with earlier. It's still purple and the size of a small dog but luckily it's eyes aren't glowing, and that's comforting. As you approach it it arches it's back in an aggressive position wagging it's tail at you.

Major
2012-04-09, 09:50 PM
Delita watches the creature and reacts quickly. "Alright, Zero Four, let's strike fast and hard! Let's hit it together with a tag team double strike!" Delita orders quickly as he dashes to one side while Charmander dashes for the other. Then the two of them jumped right towards the creature passing on different sides, Delita passing on the right side and throwing a hard punch with his right hand while Charmander passed on the left clawing out.

Delita dash kick!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Charmander used scratch, see ooc. I'm thinking an X shape since scratch has pass. Delita/Char X strike!

Charmander ember
[roll2] 18-20=burn
[roll3]

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-10, 12:24 AM
The combo Dash Kick Scratch attack makes contact with the bird hard, and it's barely standing, but that only makes it meaner. It lunges towards Charmander and pecks at it violently.

Jordan
Looking at the dead bird in your hand and the two fighting your brother and Delita you get another headache as more images flash into your head. Tanks, faces, numbers, names just seem to come to you. Normal Types, Two of them Flying. Pidgey, Spearow, Rattata. And one quote from a voice you don't recognize. "Rattata Dex? Pidgey for Project Six is one thing but Project Seven deserves way better than Rattata..."

Damage
18 damage to Charmander.

Major
2012-04-10, 02:01 AM
Delita quickly spins and sees the bird still standing and sees it strike Zero Four hard. Delita is shocked at the bird's hard hit and quickly throws a roundhouse kick trying to knock the bird flying and away from Zero Four, "Stay back, Zero Four! You can't take another hit!" He says realizing she is only standing by sheer determination. The danger Zero Four was in makes it even more worrisome when the bird dodges the kick.

However, the injured Charmander shakes her head and quickly dashes past again for another claw attack. "Don't be so hasty!" Delita cries out worried if the bird doesn't drop Zero Four will die.

Roudhouse
[roll0]
[roll1]

And get it? Hasty. That's the nature :P
Scratch
[roll2]
[roll3]

TheGuitar
2012-04-10, 08:18 AM
Eli and Shia watch as the battles go on around them. Eli simply thinks to himself, Not worth it, I've had enough with fighting these things for now.

Arcran
2012-04-10, 08:59 AM
Jordan grabs his temples as his head starts to hurt again.
"Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow. Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow," he mutters under his breath, trying to focus on something through the pain. And the voice? Who was this Dex that they were talking to?
Jordan watches the other fights with no small amount of interest. He can't help but smile when Zero Seven couldn't take down the bird that Raist did easily.

Moranica
2012-04-10, 09:16 AM
"Schildpad! (squirtle), tackle it!!"

Tackle [roll0] vs 3; [roll1] normal damage

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-10, 10:15 AM
Delita
You whip around trying to hit the bird before it hits your Charmander again, but the avian has seen you attack before and this time it jumps into the air soaring above you kick and flying straight at Zero-Four. Against your will Zero-Four rushes at the bird and with an impressive display of speed of his own leaps into the air and moves just out of the way of the bids beak and talons and gives it one last sharp scratch around the creatures stomach. They both land briefly, facing away from each other, for a few seconds. Then the bird falls.

Bob
Schildpad lunges at the rat hitting it hard but the eat doesnt go down yet either, it just hisses at you both then lunges right back hitting you. And then before you can make another move it darts back with a blinding speed for a second attack but this one Schildpad is able to avoid, darting back in his shell to fall to the ground so the rat soars over him, then popping back out.

Delita-Hasty, ha I get it. 50 XP

Bob-13 damage to squirtle

All these attacks are beforee defenses by the way

Moranica
2012-04-10, 12:26 PM
"Ha, that hardly dented your shield. Another tackle!!"

3 damage to schildpad.

Tackle [roll0] vs 3; [roll1]

Major
2012-04-10, 02:10 PM
"Are you crazy? You almost got yourself killed!" Delita says with a sigh. "I hope someone in Viridian can heal you, because I don't have any medical supplies..." Delita says with a sigh.

I forget did we get the pokeball that holds our starter?

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-10, 02:45 PM
Schildpad gives a lazy smile but you can tell she's very proud of herself. She gives you a flex of her little arm and blushes in spite of herself then lunges at the rat who hits the ground with a thud.

50XP

OOC
Delita yes, if I didn't mention it the case oak took out had three pokeballs for the three starters

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-10, 06:58 PM
With the battles over the six of you continue to march on. The show of force three of you demonstrated has kept the small ones away from your party. Finally night begins to approach and with only an hour or so of daylight left and Viridian still about seven hours away it's time to decide to set up camp or push through the night. It is currently around 6 PM

MintyNinja
2012-04-10, 07:03 PM
"It's getting pretty dark," Jason says as he picks Venus up off the ground. "We should get some rest. Few of your mon's look a little beat up."

Arcran
2012-04-10, 09:32 PM
Jordan and Raist start clearing some ground, Jordan simply kicking and Raist using light telekinesis to move some branches out of the way. When they are done they use some of the larger sticks to make a small campfire.
"Delita, get Zero Four over here. Let's get a fire going."

Major
2012-04-10, 10:13 PM
"Yeah, sure...he is a bit tired out so we'll want to be careful." Delita says nodding at Zero Four. "I see you can't do that fire breath anymore, but can you just use your tail to start a fire?" He ask.

Zero Four looks up and nods before looking around, "Woah, not yet. Let us get something set up first."

BluesEclipse
2012-04-10, 10:38 PM
Rowen nods at the group and looks around the area, moving to help clear some space for them to camp. "Probably a good idea to set up some sort of watch rotation, as well - the last thing we need is to get ambushed by these things," he says as he watches the others set up the fire.

Also, in regards to an earlier post of yours, Major, the packs we were given by the Mayor did contain medical supplies(equivalent to 1 potion).

TheGuitar
2012-04-10, 11:15 PM
Eli shrugs and begins to gather twigs to start a fire. Shia even picks a couple up in her mouth. When rotations are mentioned, Eli says, Well, I'm not much of a fighter, but I could take a round... I mean, Shia can dish out some fire.

Major
2012-04-11, 12:51 AM
Delita doesn't pay much attention as he digs around in his bag and begins trying to patch up Zero Four. "Heh...I'll admit when I first left I was thinking this would be for me, not for one of these monster things."

[roll0]

MintyNinja
2012-04-11, 12:58 AM
"I'll take second watch," Jason pipes up. "Venus and I won't mind it."

Moranica
2012-04-11, 01:07 PM
"I'll take the third then. You guys get some rest, we'll have a long day tomorrow.
.... that includes you, Jordan."

Arcran
2012-04-11, 01:11 PM
"I'm not taking a watch," Jordan mutters, moving under a tree to sleep. The ground was hard and uncomfortable, but somehow he goes to sleep.

A few seconds later Raist goes into some sort of a trance, appearing to be asleep as well.

BluesEclipse
2012-04-11, 10:39 PM
Rowen nods at Bob, saying, "If you guys are good with three, we can rotate nights - three people one night, the other three the next. If you prefer having a fourth person in the rotation, I'm fine taking a watch."

MintyNinja
2012-04-11, 10:45 PM
"I like that idea, three tonight, three tomorrow night," Jason says as he and Venus lay out his sleeping bag. "Heh, three watches of three hours each, kinda weird, eh?"

BluesEclipse
2012-04-11, 11:03 PM
Rowen chuckles at Jason's comment, and answers, "Well, isn't there a saying that good things come in threes?"

OOC: Of course, so do most Legendary Pokemon. ^_^

TheGuitar
2012-04-11, 11:03 PM
Eh, means a little more sleep for everyone. Chimed in Eli, Anyways, we're ready to go, so if ya'll wanna get comfy, we'll have first watch.

Moranica
2012-04-12, 04:00 PM
"Excellent, wake me up when it's my turn."

Next, Bob curls up into a ball and goes to sleep.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-12, 06:02 PM
With the Smith brothers asleep one by one the rest of you follow. Finally only Eli and Shi remain. The burning glow of the campfire keeping them dimly lit. Rustling in the grass around you as you keep watch in this unfamiliar territory.

Eli
Your watch goes by uneventfully. A few of the rustles get close but nothing comes at you. Shia falls asleep halfway through and you have to carry her as you wake up Jason.

Jason
You give a start as Eli wakes you for your watch shift. Alls been quiet for him not even a sighting. You and Venus are sitting by the campfire, which by now has died down to embers but they're still hot and should last at least through your watch. Occasionally you hear the scurrying of a critter close to you. Eventually you narrow in and realize it's the same creature moving around your camp like it's trying to spot you out. Eventually you see a little yellow mouse come out of the grass. It looks at you for a moment and your eyes meet. You see enough to realize it's the same mouse you tried to help when it hit you during the chaotic scuffle earlier that day. But when you get up (or try to talk to it, character choice) it darts back into the grass. You don't see even a sign of it for the rest of the night. The sun begins to rise at 5 when your shift ends.

Bob
It's about 5 am when Jason wakes you for your shift and the sun has started to rise. A few birds are waking up and off in the distance you can see what looks to be a quite large one waking up west of camp, but it's too far away to matter. Finally it's about 7 am. An uneventfull night but a long day ahead of you. Time to wake up the party.

TheGuitar
2012-04-13, 12:45 AM
Normally Eli would be bored by the lack of action, but tonight... tonight it was perfectly fine. As his shift ended, he went to wake up Jason and get some sleep.

Moranica
2012-04-13, 10:47 AM
The last shift of the night. Not the hardest, but not easy either for Bob. He wasn't used to this sort of thing. Hence the warm rays of morning sunlight are a welcome sight and he proceeds to wake up the rest.

"Good morning everyone. Waky waky!! Time to pack and get on the road! ... and perhaps a quick breakfast."

MintyNinja
2012-04-13, 11:27 AM
Jason woke slowly as Bob roused their little camp. Middle shift was definitely more difficult than he had imagined. His memory strays to the previous night as Venus nibbles on some nearby plant. The little yellow mouse from the other day made a return. Jason had tried to call out too it, but it bolted once again. He had a sneaking suspicion that it wouldn't be the last time they crossed paths.

Major
2012-04-13, 03:17 PM
"Not sure if I should be worried or grateful that we had a peaceful night." Delita said glancing around.

TheGuitar
2012-04-13, 05:56 PM
I'm thankful for it, said Eli letting out a small yawn, Besides, we should be able to get to Viridian today.

BluesEclipse
2012-04-13, 09:47 PM
Waking, Rowen picks himself up, and begins doing some stretches as he looks at the others. "I definitely won't complain about a quiet night. Like I said, we want to be sure we can avoid any major threats - at least until we're better equipped to handle them."

Arcran
2012-04-13, 10:00 PM
Jordan wakes last, mad that everybody would get up without him. Repacking his stuff he stands up, looks at Bob, than points at the pack. After that he begins some idle conversation with Raist, the only other remotely smart 'person' in the party.

Moranica
2012-04-14, 05:44 PM
Bob relunctantly takes Jordan's pack as well as his own. He knows this kind of travel isn't what either of them is used to and he is the more physical one here.

"Alright, everyone ready?"

Prophet_of_Io
2012-04-14, 08:00 PM
The early morning gives new light to this overgrown landscape. Until now the idea of being this far out of the village seemed like suicide with images of wild beasts everywhere. But now as you walk through the wilds in the early morning it's almost serene. Birds are chirping, the air is warm but the breeze is cool, in fact if you ignore the families of rats off to the side eating the remains of what looks like some of the bird that Jordan called "Pidgey" it's actually a pretty perfect day. All things considered.

At the pace your making Eli speculates you'll arrive in Viridian City by about 2 PM. And as he say's by about High Noon you can start to see it off in the distance. Still quite a hike away but you may even make it half an hour sooner than you'd expected. The only obstacle left is a bit of a hill that needs to be climbed, and at the bottom of it is an unusual sight. A human. A short (and slightly uncoordinated) man attempting (poorly) to get up the hill with a large briefcase, a shotgun and a hikers backpack. He is so engrossed with his task of climbing he see's none of you approaching.

Arcran
2012-04-14, 08:08 PM
Jordan snickers at the man falling down the hill. After a few words exchanged with Raist, telekinetically propelled pebbles start to fly at the man, hitting him in the head.

MintyNinja
2012-04-14, 08:47 PM
"Stop that!" Jason whispers to Jordan when he sees the pebbles fly. "He's got a shotgun!" He looks to the others before asking the obvious question, "Should we talk to him?"