PDA

View Full Version : Mercenaries!

Prendre
2012-02-22, 02:32 AM
It's a still, humid day in Bellport. Those lucky enough to be able to take a day off when they want to are staying inside, or at the library, or swimming in the sea; but mostly people are working the farms, ranches, and clearinghouses that surround the city, or in the many shops, stalls, and booths that fill the mercantile district. And they're sweaty and bothered. The taverns will be full later.

From a distance, you can see the biggest buildings--temples, grain silos, Bellport's famed towers, and the original keep around which the city was built--sticking out above the walls.

The Eastern port teems with ships large and small. The large ships are there because of the deep water; the small ships are there for the extra trade created by the presence of the large ships.

The Southern port deals mostly with small ships and hand-rowed boats, moving local goods to and from the nearby fishing town of Fort Kingsbank, and is generally known as the place you might go if you wanted to deal with something… quietly.

Meanwhile, on the third floor of Trinity Tower, a clerk knocks a few times at the door of the MaGaPaLeLu Mercenary Agency (motto: "Don't Be Evil"), and waits just a moment before putting a page through the mail slot that states the day's potential clients and what they'd like you to do.

shimu42
2012-02-22, 02:48 AM
Lunet looks at the page. She bolts to it, and quickly plays a few signaling notes on her flute."Mail time everyone! If you want food for this week you better come in here!" She reads the note aloud, in an excessively loud voice.

planswalker
2012-02-22, 07:36 AM
"What is there this week?" Marqhu asked, his face covered by the half-mask he always wears, his heavy armor clunking with his every step as he walked over. "What favors can we do for our poor unfortunate clients?"

Nihilarian
2012-02-22, 10:30 AM
Gabrielle joins the party, peering at the piece of paper. "Yes, what are the jobs?"

Prendre
2012-02-22, 02:37 PM
The document reads:
"The catacombs beneath our temple for Wee Jas have, in recent months, become overridden with the worst kinds of evil creatures. The catacombs are stories deep; even so, the heat emanating from them is threatening the integrity of the temple above."
--From the Duke of Northern Allia
REWARD: 10,000 Gold and a selection of magical items from the reliquary.

"The Wizard-Duke of Qwghlm is severely derelict in his payments to the Prince. The various tax collectors we have sent have not returned, and we fear the worst. Please collect the Duke's taxes and, if possible, rescue our tax collectors. If it should turn out that the Duke has been murdering our workers, we would also like him brought in."
--From the Prince's Revenue Department
REWARD: 25% of the recovered payments, plus an additional amount to be determined later if the Duke needs to be and is brought in.

"The Foul Sorcerer Zzyzx of the North has in his possession a tome of powerful dark magic. The Municipal Librarian has checked his records and it is overdue. We request that you travel to his tower in the north and retrieve the book, as we are understaffed at the moment."
REWARD: 5,000 Gold and a library card with Silver-level access.

Nihilarian
2012-02-22, 02:46 PM
"Oooh, I like the sound of the first one. Let's do that one!"

planswalker
2012-02-22, 03:35 PM
"I want a library card. With such power, we would gain knowledge. Besides, the wizard should return his book."

shimu42
2012-02-22, 06:44 PM
"Nah, I don't really feel like doing work for a library card. That presumably isn't even the best one they got. I like the first one. We're doing that one."

planswalker
2012-02-22, 10:26 PM
"You do not tell me what to do. I want to get the book back from the sorcerer."

2012-02-22, 10:55 PM
"We don't need books. We've toilet paper aplenty," scowls Le Ouf from the rafters above. Thick muscles ripple as he counts out each chin-up. "Let us see this Temple of Wee Little Jas."

planswalker
2012-02-22, 11:07 PM
"I will make a formal complaint to Ilsense over this."

planswalker
2012-02-22, 11:22 PM
"I will make a formal complaint to Ilsense over this."

shimu42
2012-02-22, 11:25 PM
Lunet laughs. Yes, an I will tell my amassed legions of freedom and prosperity that you insulted my honor. I think it has been decided that we are going into the catacombs"

planswalker
2012-02-22, 11:44 PM
Marqhu grumbles things in undercommon that are best left untranslated.

seventyfour
2012-02-23, 05:27 PM
Patrick finally gets out of bed (he was having a bit of a lie in today :smallwink:)

"So we have a mission then? Any spells that I should prepare specifically?" After a read of the mission advertisement "Some spells to protect against fire then I'm guessing... For how many people?"

Prendre
2012-02-24, 01:55 PM
Everybody having made their arrangements,
Don't forget to make your arrangements!
our mercenaries head out for Northern Allia, a not-too-many-days-long trek across the plains and over the mountains.

When they arrive, they seek out and find the temple of Wee Jas, a towering, spindly structure with a very concerned looking cleric out front wearing a dark gray cloak. He turns to face you.

"Ah, you must be the mercenaries. I recognize you from the description of your, er... of Marqhu."

planswalker
2012-02-24, 02:10 PM
"I see my reputation precedes me."

Nihilarian
2012-02-24, 02:16 PM
Gabrielle grins, "Yup! That's us! We hear you have a problem and we're here to solve it."

Nihilarian
2012-02-24, 02:19 PM
Gabrielle grins, "Yup! That's us! We hear you have a problem and we're here to solve it."

Prendre
2012-02-24, 02:27 PM
"Yes, but I'd say our little infestation here goes beyond the 'problem' level. Please, come inside."

He opens the door and leads you into a dour room with an altar at the far end. It is noticeably warmer.

"The entrance to the catacombs is behind the altar."

Nihilarian
2012-02-24, 04:35 PM
Gabrielle moves forward and peers behind the altar.

shimu42
2012-02-24, 07:05 PM
"Alright, everyone in marching order, let's get in there and slay all the baddies! "Foreknowledge" and "preparation" are for lesser men, and woman, and ithlids!

Marching order? I personally want Lunet to stay in the middle, but in range to magic missile. And Caerwyn's constitution deficiency has already been discussed.

Prendre
2012-02-24, 08:56 PM
Behind the altar, next to a dragged-aside rug, is a large trap door with the engraving of a skull.

shimu42
2012-02-24, 09:15 PM
Oh, that's wonderful. Well, we aren't being paid to look at things. MEATSHEILDS IN FRONT COME ON PEOPLE MOVE IT!

Nihilarian
2012-02-24, 11:05 PM
Silence follows. In a few moments Gabrielle apparently remembers what meatshield means and opens the trapdoor. Before striking out into the darkness, she turns, embarrased, to Lunet."Pssst! I'm the meatshield, right?"

She scratches her head, then heads down.How big is the tunnel? Will Campion fit?

2012-02-24, 11:14 PM
"You know I despise irrational gaiety." Le Ouf's left eye spasms. Waves of annoyance brim above his unibrow. He glares darkly at Gabby. But on the plus-side, he's a vegan, so he can't be all that bad.

The axe-wielding orc makes an beeline for the entrance to the catacombs, vaulting over the altar rather than stepping around it. Crouching, he studies the entrance and its contents before entering cautiously.

OOC
Inside, Le Ouf takes 10 on his search, hide, and move silently checks, for check totals of 25, 23, and 22 respectively. He scouts with 60ft darkvision, making shadows irrelevant. He takes a round to search each square within 10ft of the right wall. If he detects anything potentially hostile, he stops to assess the situation.

shimu42
2012-02-25, 12:00 AM
Alright, me and my buddy will just hide in the middle here. Lunet makes sure to orient herself in the very middle of the pack, and Caerwyn follow directly behind.

Prendre
2012-02-25, 12:04 AM
The revealed tunnel is straight-ish, five feet wide and ten feet tall. It appears to be carved out through solid stone. Darkness gradually overtakes the descending stairs and there does not appear to be any illumination at the bottom.

Map:
Full darkvision map shown, apply your character's real vision rules in your head.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-jb97sX3TFk4/T0hro1OWUzI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/dVgX81lXpgU/s256/1.jpg

Le Ouf finds...
Not a whole heck of a lot.

shimu42
2012-02-25, 12:13 AM
Hey, what do you see? Actually no, let those of us with skills other then smashing deal with this. Lunet casts Light on Caewyn's stick. "Bam! Everyone who can't see in pitch blackness say 'Thank you Miss Tailor'"

2012-02-25, 11:28 AM
"Agh! Vile light!" Le Ouf snarls tuskily. His cloak flaps in the stale air as he hastens deeper into the comfort of darkness.

OOC
Le Ouf scouts ahead within the shadow of complete darkness, even away from Lunet's light. Even while invisible to darkvision, he will continuously take 10 on hide and move silently checks (23 and 22, respectively).

He will continuously be wary of threats and guide the party safely past them when possible. He takes 10 on search checks for a check total of 25.

shimu42
2012-02-25, 11:44 AM
"Or, y'know, 'Thanks.' That works too you know.

Thank gog i managed to suppress the urge to yell, really loudly.

Prendre
2012-02-25, 02:13 PM
Le Ouf notices
A chipped, somewhat rusted scythe built into the wall ahead, triggered by a pressure plate, with a bypass switch to the left.

Map:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-TroI7dz6x4o/T0kxVG1HHcI/AAAAAAAAAJc/pl8TjGhLCSU/s495/2.jpg
Green being the half-orc.

seventyfour
2012-02-25, 04:28 PM
"Sorry, could you just give me a second to prepare" With this patrick starts muttering in a strange tongue then pulls out a wand, casts something from it then puts it away

casts mage armour from wand, cast resist energy(fire), activate all invocations

Then Patrick goes and follows Le Ouf walking along the ceilingusing spiderclimb

shimu42
2012-02-25, 05:30 PM
"Showoff" Lunet moves on

Nihilarian
2012-02-25, 06:57 PM
Gabrielle draws her longsword and continues onward.

planswalker
2012-02-26, 12:07 AM
Unless another forcibly removes him from it, Marqhu will take point in the main group and keep alert, ready to attack at the slightest sign of it being needful.

my only two skills worth noting are concentration and autohypnosis. But I make a great meat shield and decoy. Not so good as a party corpse without healz backup, but I can keep people distracted.

2012-02-26, 11:26 AM
Le Ouf meets the group at the base of the stairs. "The forward passageway has a blade trap," he whispers. "Wait here. Scream is the word."

The orc takes care to avoid any other nasty surprises. He searches diligently for additional traps nearby. He peeks around the left and right corners of the intersection without entering it. If there is no threat, he works to disable the traps found.

OOC
Le Ouf will take 20 to find traps in the 6 squares in front of him (total 35).

He will take 10 to find traps in the branches of hallways beyond the intersection (total 25).

Le Ouf is invisible on approach to the intersection. He uses darkvision to see, which renders shadows within 60ft moot for him.

He will take 10 to disable any traps (total 22). If he's injured for more than 11 hit points, he removes himself from harm's way, zaps himself with his Wand of Lesser Vigor, and tries again (disable device [roll0]).

Prendre
2012-02-26, 08:46 PM
Le Ouf disables the scythe trap and moves along.

On the Southern end of the hallway he misses a magical trigger, and a massive ball of fire explodes from the trap hidden in the wall!

Le Ouf's reflex: [roll0]

Damage if he fails: [roll1]
Update: Made the save!

At the same time, two human-sized devils round the corner!
[roll2]
[roll3]

Initiative for everyone:

Marqhu: [roll4]
Gabrielle: [roll5]
Patrick: [roll6]
Le Ouf: [roll7]
Lunet: [roll8]
Caerwyn: [roll9]

Devil 1: [roll10]
Devil 2: [roll11]
Update: Devil 2, Patrick, Devil 1, everyone else.

Map:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-n2Factuh77s/T0rgRK8YXqI/AAAAAAAAAJs/depnljyJh1Q/s512/4.jpg

Le Ouf is green, Marqhu is purple, everybody else claim a color.

Nihilarian
2012-02-26, 08:56 PM
I claim zis colour in ze name of Bayard!We still might be attacked from behind.

planswalker
2012-02-26, 08:57 PM
On Marqhu's turn, he will use psionic lion's charge assuming that a charge is possible and charge at the demons, pouncing upon them. If they are in range without having to use a move action, Marqhu will simply full attack, same as a charge but at a -2 to hit and Marqhu will have his full ac.

Marqhu charges at the demons, pouncing upon them with a half-dozen tentacles.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]
[roll4] for [roll5] and [roll6] if it hits.
[roll7] for [roll8] and [roll9] if it hits.
[roll10] for [roll11] and [roll12] if it hits.
[roll13] for [roll14] and [roll15] if it hits.

My tentacles are bludgeoning weapons that count as magic.

Nihilarian
2012-02-26, 09:36 PM
Do you have 10 ft. reach?

shimu42
2012-02-26, 09:45 PM
Lunet is the orange and Caerwyn is yellow

On her turn, Lunet magic missiles the most wounded demon for 1d4+1 and 1d4+1 damage. Caerwyn does the same for 1d4+1,1d4+1, and 1d4+1 damage.

i cannot use the freaking forum dice roller. please tell me what i am doing wrong?

Prendre
2012-02-26, 10:25 PM
Roller doesn't work after you've published or if you preview

shimu42
2012-02-26, 10:27 PM
oh, ok.
Caerwyn[roll0][roll1][roll2]
Lunet [roll3][roll4]

2012-02-26, 11:25 PM
The burnt-out fireball leaves Le Ouf sliding down the far wall in a one-legged Egyptian hieroglyph's pose, having impossibly dodged the room-filling flames. A torrent of slimy tentacles lash past. Le Ouf reflexively shuts his eyes from the disgusting squishes and splorshes. But like mythological heroes of old, he can't help but sneak a peek.

"What are you doing?!? Run from the Mind Flayer!" shouts the now-blacken-faced orc as he leaps into action. "RUN!"

"Don't worry, little devil-buddy! I'll save you! YARR!" Blocking Devil #2's view with his body, Le Ouf hacks away at Devil #1.

Greataxe1 [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
Greataxe2 [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]
Cold-Iron Spiked Armor [roll6] [roll7] [roll8]

OOC
What do these devils look like?

Le Ouf's Trap Sense adds +2 to saves vs traps; not that I'm complaining when rolling 19s.

Improved Grab, if successful, pulls the victim into Marqu's space. Grappled opponents lose their Dex bonus to AC, which is why I rolled Le Ouf's 4d6 sneak attacks. If the devil manages to resist the grapples, then ignore those.

Le Ouf's Mage Slayer feat prevents threatened casters from casting defensively, and they know it. This includes adjacent devils who try to teleport while grappled by a mind flayer. If they try anyway, please roll an AoO without the TWF penalties and with Sneak Attack.

If Devil #1 dies, Le Ouf immediately 5ft-steps and attacks Devil #2. In that case, what's down the next hall?

planswalker
2012-02-27, 01:53 AM
Do you have 10 ft. reach?

YES!

15ft when I choose to buff.

20 when I go nova.

seventyfour
2012-02-27, 10:39 AM
So I guess I'm this colour?

Noticing the two demons, Patrick crawls along the ceiling towards them. When he gets within 30ft of the further one he shouts out a strange syllable and gestures shooting a blast of energy

Point blank shot eldritch blast
attack [roll0] (touch attack)
damage [roll1]

Prendre
2012-02-27, 05:09 PM
The second devil moves to share a square with his compatriot and swings his glaive twice at Le Ouf...
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Eldritch energy surges from Patrick's hands at this devil, who tries to dodge but barely fails!

Seeing his compatriot wounded, enraged but blocked from hurting the attacker, the first devil focuses his wrath on Le Ouf, striking twice with his glaive...
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Ending his charge right before Le Ouf, Marqhu attacks devil [roll8] with his mighty tentacles, grabbing the creature and CENSORED

[roll9] nonlethal

Lunet and Caerwyn fire magic missile after magic missile at the the grappled devil, which makes it really mad!

Gabrielle something something something!

Le Ouf hacks Devil #2 nearly to death, and finishes it off by ignobly chest-bumping it into the wall!

Somewhere down the corridor you came from, you hear the sound of skittering feet and a teleport spell.

Do what you will with Devil #1, I guess.

Taking a pause to reflect, Le Ouf notices that the wound he took from the glaive seems to be getting worse.

Nihilarian
2012-02-27, 06:25 PM
Gabrielle, hearing the skittering, sheathes her sword and draws her lance. She readies an action to smite a monster that comes close enough for her to strike. Unless the monster is on her team.

planswalker
2012-02-27, 07:27 PM
Marqhu's successful grapple deals [roll0] nonlethal and [roll1] lethal damage.

When it rolls around to his turn again, assuming the thing is still alive, he will hug-squeeze it to death with his tentacles:

[roll2] for [roll3] nonlethal and [roll4] lethal
[roll5] for [roll6] nonlethal and [roll7] lethal
[roll8] for [roll9] nonlethal and [roll10] lethal
[roll11] for [roll12] nonlethal and [roll13] lethal
[roll14] for [roll15] nonlethal and [roll16] lethal
[roll17] for [roll18] nonlethal and [roll19] lethal

2012-02-28, 07:58 PM
"Ow! Ow! Ow!" Le Ouf points at his terrible, terrible wound.

"Oh, there's one still alive?"

"YARR!" The Orc swings his weapons in a meatgrinding whirlwind.

Greataxe1 [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
Greataxe2 [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]
Cold-Iron Spiked Armor [roll6] [roll7] [roll8]

OOC
The 4d6 sneak attack assumes that Marqu is once again able to grapple the foe. If not, then ignore it.

If the battle's over, then Le Ouf requests a Cure Minor Wounds before healing himself with the Wand of Lesser Vigor. Afterwards, he searches the bodies for loot.

Prendre
2012-03-01, 05:28 PM
On the bodies, Le Ouf finds:

4,138 Silver Pieces
Two scrolls

In the hallways, Le Ouf finds and disables another rusty scythe trap.

Le Ouf's wound is really starting to get a couple more terrible's on its description, to be retconn'd if somebody would heal the dang thing already.

The passages continue as shown on the map, the red arrow is downward stairs. There aren't really any signs of devilish occupation, the skulls that glare at you from the walls notwithstanding.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ykLLmM8uG_c/T0_379206KI/AAAAAAAAAJ8/JcJjlpzlZXY/s512/5.jpg

planswalker
2012-03-01, 05:43 PM
Marqhu looks at the wound and briefly considers trying to scare it closed with his tentacle by sticking them in it before deciding that this companions would fuss too much. Instead, he prepares to carry Le Ouf if he falls unconscious.

shimu42
2012-03-01, 06:30 PM
"Do you need myMagical expertise in this? 'Cause it's healing or mind control, once a day.

planswalker
2012-03-01, 07:18 PM
"I could try to scare the blood back in" Marqhu offers

shimu42
2012-03-01, 07:23 PM
"Or you could hide in a corner until we need to cause a panic."

seventyfour
2012-03-01, 07:43 PM
"I have some potions I could lend you, but I'm not sure how much they'd help... Give me those scrolls though, let me see what they do"

Cast read magic

shimu42
2012-03-01, 07:57 PM
"I can totally do that too! I just don't feel like it!"

2012-03-01, 09:56 PM
Le Ouf casts Lesser Vigor on himself as usual. His wound has trouble healing, so he consults the cleric. "What do you think? A little aloe or something"?

----

A bit of Cure later...

----

Le Ouf pauses at the stairs and listens. [roll0] "Wait a second. Let me take a look downstairs.". Le Ouf takes his darkvision downstairs with his usual precautions. He takes a look around. And, he returns.

planswalker
2012-03-01, 11:15 PM
"Or you could hide in a corner until we need to cause a panic."

"I'll hide something up your corner." he mutters in undercommon while resuming his usual position in the party.

Those who know Marqhu would recognize his attempt at a joke.

Prendre
2012-03-03, 03:08 PM
Lunet attempts to cast Cure Moderate Wounds on the cut:
[roll0]

On an unrelated note, the scrolls are Burning Hands and Invisibility Purge.

If the cure spell passes the check [EDIT: Daaaaamn. You may proceed.], Le Ouf continues...

Le Ouf goes down the stairs and sees the hallway split in two and curve away, ending in stout wooden doors. He can hear a faint conversation beyond.

Map:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GebkMMGW3lo/T1J3204fNlI/AAAAAAAAAKM/skixy67Vnk4/s512/2-1.jpg

shimu42
2012-03-03, 06:45 PM
"We turn left. You always go left. Known fact. Lunet's ears perk up. "Voices? Wonderful, it doesn't sound like they're screaming in agony! Time for me to use a cunning illusion"

Lunet uses Minor Image to conjure an image of a dashing and heroic explorer and his attractive female assistant. She sends them down the left fork along with her snake familiar to sense what happens. If the snake causes her to believe that people are there, she prepares to use Message to contact them. If not she has the illusion walk through the right fork.

"This way we don't die horribly if the people try to kill us!

Prendre
2012-03-03, 09:59 PM
The snake is pretty sure the conversations are happening behind the doors. No humans in the hallway.

planswalker
2012-03-03, 10:54 PM
Marqhu will walk over to the door, doing his best to creep silently to it. He will wait for a signal from his allies before actually opening it, but his tentacles wriggle hopefully.

[roll0]

shimu42
2012-03-03, 11:45 PM
"Laaaaaaaame. Should have picked up Open/Close or something.

2012-03-04, 12:58 PM
"We have voices downstairs." Le Ouf reports his findings to the rest, who seem inclined to investigate the voices further. "I advise attaching an Explosive Runes paper near the door opposite the voices and perhaps another one halfway between that door and the stairway. If unused, the traps are recoverable." He accompanies Marqu downstairs, taking whichever fork leads closer to the noise.

He moves cautiously, eyes peeled for trouble. He takes special care at the door, eavesdropping while searching for traps.

OOC
The usual precautions are in effect, including taking 10 on Move Silently checks (total 22).

Le Ouf takes 20 on the Listen check (total 20) to hear what's being said while he takes 20 on the Search check (total 35) to find traps on the door. If a trap is found, he'll signal the group to move back before silently disabling it. (Taking 10: Disable Device 22, Move Silently 22) If he fails to disable it, but it is not sprung, then he will try again. (Disable Device [roll0], Move Silently 22)

If the door is safe, he will signal so to the group and give them time to buff and arrange themselves before opening the door.

If he detects an approaching noise, he'll motion the group to take a defensive posture, presumably: Door > Marqu (tank) > Gabrielle (Melee, lance/longsword) > Patrick (ranged, ceiling or wall above Gabrielle) > Le Ouf (mobility) > Lunet & Caerwyn (arcanists). He will mime everyone to ready a surprise action when the door opens. Le Ouf's surprise action will be to throw a tanglefoot bag.

Prendre
2012-03-04, 04:32 PM
Le Ouf finds no traps on the door.

He can hear a hushed conversation in a strange language inside the chamber, and the sounds of footsteps.

shimu42
2012-03-04, 06:24 PM
Caerwyn preoposes another idea "I could spend a few moments to read the thoughts of anyone inside. We should be able to tell if they are friend or foe, how strong they are, or if they have magic." the he mutters a swear "Or we could have done that if i had remembered to prepare Tounges. Still, can't hurt.
He casts Explosive Runes on three sheets of paper, sets up two as trap, and puts the third in his pocket.
As surprise actions lunet shoots magic missle and Caerwyn uses Mage Hand to float his pocket paper down to the enemy

Nihilarian
2012-03-04, 06:53 PM
Gabrielle looks at the paper. "What does that say?"

shimu42
2012-03-04, 08:36 PM
"Boom. In Dragon."

Nihilarian
2012-03-04, 09:10 PM
"Neato. You could probably slide it under the door."

shimu42
2012-03-04, 11:06 PM
"Or we could listen a tick to see if they are trying to kill us, or just lost or something.Then we bomb them. Everyone says, 'Oh, Caerwyn, why do you spend all your high level spells on Explosive Runes?' Then I explode something. The best part is even if I don't, I still keep a ream of bombs!

planswalker
2012-03-05, 08:49 AM
"Maybe they just need a hug."

seventyfour
2012-03-05, 04:34 PM
Taking the scrolls unless anyone else desperately wants them (use magic device ftw :smalltongue:)

"One second, just a spell I need to cast"

After a few brief words in a strange tongue and a few violent gestures a transparant barrier surrounds Patrick
(He casts shield)

"I'm ready now, lets go!!"

Ready action to cast ray of enfeeblement on the biggest meanest and nastiest looking thing when the door opens (other than Marqhu :smallamused:)

Prendre
2012-03-07, 05:35 PM
Initiative!

Marqhu [roll0]
Gabrielle [roll1]
Patrick [roll2]
Le Ouf [roll3]
Lunet [roll4]
Caerwyn [roll5]

I'm rolling mine by hand =p

You see...
An empty chamber. It appears to be a shrine of some sort. It is a tall room with a 15' vaulted ceiling and pillars. In the center of the room, you see raised sarcophagi (2.5' high).

Map:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-OuUsJHiTvgo/T1fiuuNcj4I/AAAAAAAAAKY/HkR9vlv0gjU/s466/2-2.jpg

2012-03-07, 06:18 PM
"I guess they left when they heard us coming." Le Ouf pops his collar, and he strolls inside as if he owns the place. "Smart."

He takes a casual look around as he makes a beeline for the altar and central sarcophagus. "'Cause that's where the best loot is, of course!"

OOC
Le Ouf takes 10 on search checks as he walks over. (Total 25)

If given the time, he'll take 20 on the search checks on the altar and sarcophagi.

Prendre
2012-03-07, 06:52 PM
As Le Ouf begins to search the sarcophagus, a vile, scorpionlike creature appears above him and strikes!

Yeah yeah uncanny dodge
[roll0]
[roll1]

Its teeth tear into Le Ouf's flesh, rather painfully.

Initiatives as rolled above. My guy got a 12.

shimu42
2012-03-07, 07:23 PM
Lunet uses Magic Missile for [roll0] and [roll1] damage.
Caerwyn uses Invisibility and uses shocking grasp

planswalker
2012-03-07, 11:39 PM
Marqhu will walk 20 feet into the room, manifest expansion, doubling in size and increasing in strength. "Who needs a hug?" he asks the scorpions.

3 ap spent on expansion to make its duration 10 min/level, or a total of 80 minutes.

Marqhu's reach is now 15 ft, his ac is now 22, and his tentacles have a +12 attack bonus, dealing 1d6+8 damage. His armor spikes deal 1d8 damage. his grapple is a +21, which will be a +29 if he enters a grapple.

Nihilarian
2012-03-08, 12:36 AM
Where are we on the map?

If Gabrielle is close enough to attack it, she moves no more than 20 ft., drawing her lance and Smiting the creature (+13 attack, 1d8+17 damage, x3 crit. Otherwise, she double moves until she is close enough to attack (still drawing lance)

seventyfour
2012-03-09, 03:58 AM
After briefly taking stock of the situation, Patrick mumbles something and shoots a ray at a scorpion

If any of the Scorpions are uninjured, use ray of enfeeblement on it, otherwise use eldritch blast on the most injured one

attack (touch) [roll0]
damage (if applicable) [roll1]

planswalker
2012-03-09, 09:26 AM
post... appear!

Prendre
2012-03-10, 04:32 PM
Who wants Marqhu for the week?

I presume Le Ouf does something.

As Marqhu approaches, the scorpion-like devil (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/bonedevil72.jpg) hisses something incomprehensible, and a wall of ice fills the hall from floor to ceiling!
Two feet thick

The devil floats up five feet, now hovering ten feet off the ground.

And suddenly!
Two men with wild, shocking hair crawl around the pillars and fire bursts of arcane energy at the giant, horrible illithid abomination!
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Apparently missing two ranged touch attacks.

And they're spiderwalking up on the pillars.

Patrick's eldritch blast fizzles into the ice.

Nihilarian
2012-03-10, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't mind playing the friendly abomination due to Gabrielles relative uselessness underground, but I'd need the stats to do so. It's still in the ooc thread, right?

Prendre
2012-03-11, 12:58 AM
Mmmmmhmm. Character sheets are on OOC page 1... post 3 or 4 I think.

planswalker
2012-03-17, 04:47 PM
did this game die while I was gone?