PDA

View Full Version : Runestaff Ideas

Ryulin18
2012-02-22, 07:04 AM
I have a 16th level sorcerer/Incantrix who is entirely dedicated to laying the boom. But I have had a change of heart after my character was hunted by a dragon for killing its youngling. My party caught up to me and fended it off. I have them to thank for me being alive (The DM doesn't allow revives)

I have no real "Aid the party" spells but I want to be a part of the team again. I think that Runestaffs are the way forward.

What do you think are the best combinations for a "useful Only" Runestaff?

gbprime
2012-02-22, 04:07 PM
I think you'd be better off asking the GM if you can throw time and money at Retraining your spell selections (rather than waiting for the 1 spell every other level option, which would be too little too late).

But if you really want to solve it with a half dozen new spells in a runestaff, we need to know what metamagic you have available and what spells other PC's are capable of covering.

For example...

Do you have searing spell or energy substitution that would make Mass Fire Shield a killer offensive and defensive combo?
Does anyone in the party already have Mass Resist Energy covered? Or Indomitability?
Can you already quicken spells, or would swift and immediate "Save your butt" spells be useful?
Can you retool and have enough spell schools to make Reactive Counterspell a viable option?
Are social spells like Mass Suggestion covered and does the GM allow them to rock a combat?