PDA

View Full Version : Types of skill systems

Dalek-K
2012-02-22, 09:35 AM
I'm on my phone so please forgive spelling and or gramatical errors.

While waiting for a well to settle I figured I would work on my home made skill system for 3.5 d&d (though I guess it works for any system).

I was wondering, what are the different skill systems out there? I know Pathfinder is a bit different than 3.5, and 4e's is condensed.

What I'm working on is a 3.5 skill system where each stat is connected to how many skill points you get for skills based on that stat. I never understood why a average intelligent fighter with a 18 strength still couldn't have tons of training (ranks) in multiple skills like climb, jump, swim, etc that are based on strength... I was somewhat of a jock in school and even some of my less inteligent teamates where great at all things falling under str/dex/con.

I'm not using this thread to make the system, I just want/need to know if this has already been done to save me some work :)

Thanks in advance.

Novawurmson
2012-02-22, 01:42 PM
Well, Pathfinder combined Jump, Tumble, and Balance into one skin - Acrobatics. I've heard of people further combining Climb and Swim into "Athletics."