PDA

View Full Version : Flavor Monk

GrimJester
2012-02-22, 02:26 PM
I'm building a monk with no intention of it being optimized but still useful. He will have the flaws Shaky and Pathetic (Charisma) and given Two-Weapon Fighting and Quick Draw. I want him to be able to trip and disarm extremely well so he'll have kamas, sais, and nunchakus. I'm trying to decide what feats to give him and maybe prestige class him with a tattoo monk any help with this build would be greatly appreciated.

D@rK-SePHiRoTH-
2012-02-22, 02:41 PM
Use Scorpion Kamas, so you can deal decent damage with your weapons.

I suggest you to do something like Monk/Fighter/Shou Disciple. BaB and Feats are very important for a tactical-type melee.

Gnaeus
2012-02-22, 08:09 PM
If you want to disarm, dump sais and chucks, and get a Staff.

Sai +4 (disarm bonus) -4 (light weapon) = +0
Nunchaku +2 (disarm bonus) -4 (light weapon) = -2
Staff +4 (2 handed weapon) =+4

You can always use 2 weapon fighting with a staff if you want.

GrimJester
2012-02-23, 12:18 AM
Use Scorpion Kamas, so you can deal decent damage with your weapons.

I suggest you to do something like Monk/Fighter/Shou Disciple. BaB and Feats are very important for a tactical-type melee.

Were can I find scorpion kamas

sonofzeal
2012-02-23, 12:43 AM
Were can I find scorpion kamas
Magic Item Compendium. They're part of an item set, and deal base damage equal to your unarmed strike.

GrimJester
2012-02-23, 08:27 AM
Thus far I have gear wise for this monk to get are two scorpion kamas, quarterstaff (unless there's something better), monk's belt, rags of restraint, bracers of armor, and ki straps. Other then the two feats I've listed from getting the flaws I'm giving him stunning fist, combat reflexes, and improved trip as the monk bonus feats. What other feats should I give him? What would be a good race to play him as I'm thinking just a human and what other gear should I get?