PDA

View Full Version : In the Wake of Immortality, the broken wheel

Soliloquy
2012-02-22, 05:53 PM
Although the world is unaware, today, something important is starting. Like every other day, many people are entering the city of Sepulchrum. However, today is different, in that among the people entering, there are those who will attempt to bring back the reign of the gods. Whether they will succeed, not even the gods know:smallwink:. But bad jokes aside,
[QUOTE=un_known;12707968]{table=head]God (Player) |Speaker (Player) |Portfolio |Territories of Influence |Alignment

Eithoth (Nanoblack)| |Secrets |Mind And Body|NE

Melchizedek (Armin)|(Un_Known)|Dragonkind | Dragons and Summoning |LG

Erebos (Lejosh)|Moros (Milo v3)|Darkness |Evil and Underworld|LE

Verzya al Zharad (Lucrieta)| Arynn (Shimu42) |Time| Stasis and Prediction |LE

Arash (Elemental)| Xavier Glysia (Mynxae)| Protection |Community, Loyalty|NG

Corwin Adrien (Tychris1)|Dere Mortis(Madara)| Death |Undeath, Decay|LE

(HalfTangible)|| ||
[/table]

You are in the city, and your goal is to bring back the gods! What do you do?

Milo v3
2012-02-22, 06:11 PM
There is a ineffable thing in the darkness. It doesn't breath. It doesn't sleep. It doesn't eat. It doesn't think.
It watches us from the shadows. It learns from us. As it learns it begins to know. As it starts to know it starts to grow.

The thing is the dark is powerful. The Darkness surrounds us. The Darkness is within us. We lie in its domain.

But it has not struck. No, the Darkness bides its time. The Darkness shall wait. The Darkness shall wait until its time has come.

I know this because the Darkness told me. The Darkness told me on the night I died.

As I lay on the ground in a sanguine pool of my own blood, I swam in a sea of my own thoughts. They were not thoughts of fear or sadness. No, the only emotion that remained in the husk that was my body was guilt.

I felt guilt as my daughter lay at home. She was waiting. Waiting for me to return. I closed my eyes and began to wander through the abyss.

But something heard my thoughts as I stepped through the void. The thing in the darkness spoke. The thing in the darkness resided in me. The thing dwelt in the darkness within my very soul.

Its voice was dry and spoke as if it was dead. It spoke of how it can help me. It whispered of how it could let me stay alive. It told me how I could return to my daughter and all shall be well.

My mind wondered. What does it want. Why help me? Maybe it want me to help it.
I cast the thoughts from my desperate mind and accepted its help. My eyes opened.

What was once his blue eyes now became a dark endless black. He looked around. I was back in the dank and debris filled cesspool, that lay under a dank bridge. My blood stained the ground, but he was no longer bleeding. He looked at his wound and stared. Their was no scab, their was no blood. Their was only wisps of shadow. His gaze then noticed his arms.

My blue and green veins were now as black as night. I tried to mutter something, but shock stilled my tongue and I could say nothing but "Why".

The voice spoke again, this time I could sense glee in its sick voice.
"Your shell is my puppet. These shall remind you of that. "

And with that I walked out of the alley and returned to my daughter. I thought everything would be fine in the world now, as the Darkness told me. But the Darkness was waiting.

The Darkness was simply biding its time. As I dreamt that night it told me the truth. It told that I am its slave.

That night I died. That night I wandered in the lands of the dead. That night I returned a pawn to the Darkness within.

That morning as the whispered from the darkness still resided within by ears, I stepped outside into the dawning sun.

My flesh twisted at the lights touch. The now umbral blood boiled under my skin. My mind told me to run back into the shadows of my home. My feet stumbled back trying to step into the protective shell of darkness.

But were these my thoughts, or those of the thing. I always clung to the shadows, even before that night. As a cutpurse I've never liked being seen, but I've never hated the light.

After that moment I realised, no matter how much could resist, I would never be certain of my thoughts again. I was truly a pawn to the abomination that dwelt within.

After I return to my abode, I quickly searched for my cloak.

I bid a farewell to my daughter as I wandered out into the stinging light. I stayed to the shadows and started to head to the place which dwelt in my dreams.

I started to head towards the hills northwest of Sepulchrum.

Madara
2012-02-22, 06:30 PM
The time is near...

Mortis, who has told everyone around him that his name is Tartan, wakes up in a cold sweat, his wife has already left to her job as a school teacher.

"Tartan" normally sleeps in later, because he works at night. Another one of those nights The stress can become too much at times, and the power makes him crave death, but he remembers back to when he met a god...

He goes through the routine, changing into his day cloths, which include a gray cloak and a mithril chain shirt underneath. He straps on his headband, and washes his hands. Then, he gets a break. "Tartan" steps into his studio and begins to paint. This painting is red, like the divine scar he has. At first, it appears to be a landscape, but soon the ground of the painting is tainted with red. Flying above the ground in the painting is a raven. It's too much He can tell that he needs to release his power, its making him crave death. He grabs his normal equipment, and goes off to the nearby river.

When he arrives at the river, he sits down and waits for word of his new assignment. There's not enough..blood

ArlEammon
2012-02-22, 09:29 PM
The Diamond Crown Summit

Melchizedek slumbered in his wounded. . . chained. . . sorcerous bound physical form. The arrows, spears, axes and swords still covered him. He slumbered in his mind, deep in his mind.

Light shined in the dark. Beauty beyond the deepest darkness enshrouded a massive, floating land of pure diamond and crystal in the abyss. Diamond Crown himself waited in the lands of this abyss. This abyss of his mind. Melchizedek rested deeply, the form of a wizened old man, leaning on his staff as he wished to walk about the island plane. The Old Man walked to the edge of this beautiful abyss and smiled weakly.

The Speaker would here Diamond Crown utter his decrees from the sole shining light from the high abyss. Echoing throughout the coils of mortal existence, his words bore the identity of a venerable old man, a wise man, and a fierce warrior at that, facing his twilight years in pain.

"Nihm. . . Nihm. . . It is time. It is time. It is time. Time. . . Time. . . Time. . . "Nihm, friend of Diamond Crown. . . It is time. . . We have work to do. . ."
"Nihm. . . Nihm. . .

Elemental
2012-02-23, 07:09 AM
Beneath the Sands of the Morsus

Arash stirred in his slumber. His thousand year vigil over his own comatose form was tiring to his spirit form. Drained of strength by the nature of his imprisonment, he had fallen asleep after just a few short centuries.
When the sensation came to wake him, he had been dreaming of his last great battle before being defeated. Needless to say, he was losing.
But then it came to him, the sound of a hunter's horn. The sound reverberated throughout his incorporeal form, jolting him from his sleep.
When he finally realised where he was, he looked over to his body within its sarcophagus.
"Perhaps if I try one more time?"
Floating forward towards the sarcophagus, he once again tried to merge with his physical form, but the crystal proved unyielding to his spirit form.
Disheartened at his failure, Arash resolved to continue his vigil and hope the enchantments would fade in a few more centuries.

At that moment, a thin beam of light bounced down the stairs of on the temple spires and briefly illuminated the main chamber. The faint illumination was enough to bring Arash fully into the present. He looked at his surrounding, there was sand everywhere. He was sitting, technically floating, in the dark. Some of the windows had even broken under the strain of the glass.
He attuned himself briefly with the celestial dance to gain a better understanding of time.
"One thousand years has passed? Ten centuries? A millennium? Where are my faithful worshipers?
They've slain them! I shall wreak terrible vengeance upon those who would harm the weak and banish their protector! I shall find them, though they have had long to flee my rage!"
Blazing with the fires of the spirit world, Arash flew high above the temple, ready to swoop down upon the guilty. Looking down he realised just how much had changed.
The fire faded and he grew calm.
"I guess everything is different now. The city is gone, the river is gone, the mountains are still there. But my mind has changed... I can't seem to remember everything that happened. Worse, I'm talking to myself.
I need to find more information."
With that, he took the humble form of a crow and headed towards a shape on the northern horizon.

Tychris1
2012-02-23, 09:21 AM
Deep underground, beyond any mortals comprehension of tunnels, was Corwin's prison. The tree of life wrapped itself around Corwin as he spat liquid that would cause a man to rot and clawed at it with all his might. He screeched, like the horrible sound one hears before they meet death, and yet the Tree of life silenced him. Finally he rested, giving up for this moment on escape Corwin rests and lies there within the tree. Looking about the tree he spots a peep hole he made from his decay. The god smiled, as it reminded him that even in his pathetic state death still conquers all eventually. And it was only a matter of time until he got out of his prison. But that was for another time, for now he must focus on the present. Corwin would issue his commandments from the peephole, the very symbol of death's power to conquer even the strongest of life's barriers.

Looking down upon his sole servant Corwin smiles and says "Ah, come my child. The world is fresh, vibrant, chaotic, and it does not know my mark yet. We have work to do..."

Madara
2012-02-23, 04:37 PM
With a concept in mind, Mortis leaves for the city of Sepulchrum. No, he does not say goodbye to his family, they know not to question his work, nor to worry. This time, however, he has real work to do.

He heads out to the main road that leads to the city. At the opportunity, he approaches other travelers and talks with them about events in the city, and important people. "Obviously all cities must have crime, what should I watch out for?", and "There's a criminal organization? Who could possibly run such a thing?" He will enter the city in a group, most likely with a caravan. On his way to the market, he calls upon his master,give me an opportunity to show our power. He continues to the market, keeping note of the key buildings in the city and how most business is conducted.

Lejosh
2012-02-23, 05:23 PM
With a sudden jolt, I pull my hand from that of Moros. With a new Commander for my deciples, I shall have my power once more. Once again i pull at the chains that hold me. I struggle with the magical properties of them as I am hit with sudden bolts of power from the walls of my prison.

I kneel down and sit in the midde of the giant room. The tiny passageways of the men whom once guarded me are the only sources of light. Like tiny stars in the black of night. I hated it. The fact they had all left me with all this light so close. It was only just out of my reach.

I let out a roar as i pull at the chains once more. This time the walls begin to crack. Only a smal bit. But enough so i could hear it. Enough so i knew. My time was soon. Enough to know i would be free soon. And my vengence on this world would be great.

I settled down with a laugh as i waited for Moros to reach me. As i waited for the begining, of the end.

Milo v3
2012-02-23, 06:17 PM
As the grip of the Darkness left his body he finally felt as if he was incontrol again.

The cloaked rogue wandered through towards the hills, but travel was not one of his skills. He had only barely wandered into Eminus when dusk fell. He found himself panting from exhaustion, but felt strangely empowered in the darkness of night. Fatigue slowly caught up with him as his dead body tried to continue walking. His legs gave in, Moros fell backwards.

His form fell hiting the dark and hard soil of the hills, but continued to fall. Shadows dashed him as he fell. As his back slamed into the ground, pain surged through him.
But he still lived. His eyes slowly opened, and he found himself under the shadowy canopy of the pine forest. The only way Moros could've gotten here was from Erebos's "gifts"...
I'll never be in control....

Despite the pain and fatigue the thief continued to the place of his dreams.
Reaching the base of temple by what appeared to be an hour before dawn. It looked like a colossal stone pyramid with an opening on its top.

I ascend the steps and soon reach the summit. I gaze into the temples abyssal depths. Their is only darkness within, but I can still see. There is a staircase which seemed to be spiralling down beneath the temple.
I start to walk down the stairs, but my body can't remain in motion. I collapse into unconsiousness only a quarter of the the way down....

shimu42
2012-02-23, 09:20 PM
Ignorant of the divine drama unfolding, Ayrnn suddenly stops staring at xir antique pocket-watch in xir small room in Sepulchrum. Xe remembers xir duties, and proceeds to seek audience with the local leaders. Xe debates drinking heavily and getting arrested to gain audience, but decides it would be better for all parties involved if xe would just ask for directions. So Ayrnn proceeds to do just that.

Elemental
2012-02-24, 08:48 AM
Arash approached the shape in very little time. It was a palm tree.
He was hit with a sudden flashback.
-----
He was in the temple, sunlight shone through the jewel-like stained glass of the windows. His followers were decorating the main chamber with palm leaves and wreaths of poppies and saffron crocuses.
-----
The memory was vague, but the grief it brought to the surface was real enough. He thought briefly of vengeance yet again, but those who caused his imprisonment were long gone.
Looking once more to the north, he saw the river he thought was gone. It had simply moved. The thought brought great relief to Arash's troubled mind, there was still hope.
Seeing the city on the other side of the river, he resolved to start over, and that is where he would do so.

First, he needed to ask some questions. He flew over to join a murder of crows on the city rooftops. They were smart birds, they would know everything that was going on.

Madara
2012-02-24, 04:41 PM
Mortis is eager, and approaches the center of town, waiting for a sign from his god. Any time now would be fine, master

He looks to some children who are playing nearby, "Where are your parents?" They reply that they have none. "Who takes care of you?"

Tychris1
2012-02-24, 05:01 PM
Looking down upon Mortis Corwin smiles and begins to chortle. Looking at him play with children he whispers into Mortis' mind "For those who pray, I shall give. Preach my word and recruit new followers for me. Centuries have passed, and my power is weak, but I shall aid you; worry not." and with that a flock of Ravens flew overhead and perched themselves ontop of several buildings, looking down upon the denizens of Sepulchrum.

A dark shroud covered the tree of life that entombed Corwin, it choked out all light coming to the tree, and from it a shrill horrid screeching laugh came forth from it. Corwin had began to rapidly scratch at the tree of life, flapping his back wings and cawing as he jabbed his beak into the peephole he had made. His divine powers began to take effect and he could feel his strength outstretched to Mortis' location. Crawling forth from a shadowy alley inbetween two buildings was a horrid slobering slack jawed hyena monster, huge serrated teeth filling it's mouth, and a disgusting dirty layer occur about it's body. It's eyes were pure white, and it looked about as it approached Mortis' before snapping it's jaws at a passerby and preparing to slaughter all around it.

"Have them preach my name, and we shall save them from it. But do not stop it too quickly my child, fear requires action, and we must let this beast make actions before it can strike fear into others." he whispers to Mortis in his shrill demonic raven voice before morphing back into his human form and laughing madly into Mortis' mind.

Used 3 minor acts to use the "Aid Speaker" ability.

Madara
2012-02-24, 05:21 PM
"People of Sepulchrum, listen to my words!" Mortis says as he steps on a nearby platform. "You are like these orphans, lost an you have no one to watch over you! There is a being who can rescue us. Cry out for his mercy and aid. His name is Corwin, like these ravens, he watches. He is not a weak god, he is an active god!"

Mortis watches as the guards try to fend off the beast. "We need to ask for Corwin to save us. All we need to do is reach out for aid and he will be there!" Mortis watches as the monster continues on its rampage. If the people start to cry for his master to save them, he will step in.

Soliloquy
2012-02-24, 07:05 PM
A few of the younger people in the crowd call for Corwin's aid. Arash sees from the rooftops and recognizes the name. Xe, in the crowd hears a preacher, (very rare these days), and a monster. He does not recognize the name.

shimu42
2012-02-24, 07:19 PM
En route to xir destination, Ayrnn hears a preaching in the distance. Xe chuckles to xirself. "Hehehe... while leaser mortals preach about orphans, me and my god are concerned with far greater things." Xe pauses a moment, and then runs to the far side of town. Xe gazes at xir watch for a minute, and then begins a prayer to Verzya. "O Verzya, grant me the strength to teach these lesser being their place in time. It is about time people began showing you proper idolization."

Madara
2012-02-24, 07:43 PM
Mortis runs over to the beast, attacking it from a roof top. He jumps down onto its head, and holds on, draining its strength. To finish the beast, he jump up and then slams down, using his increased strength to break its neck.

"There is no need for fear, it is dead!" he says as he stands on its carcass, cloak billowing in the wind. These people need guidance..

"Now, who will hear more of what I have to say?" he walks off with the crowd to go find a quieter place to discuss these matters.
Master, did I do right? Is this what you wanted? Thank you for the opportunity.

Back off guys, this one is mine. Since it was created by an "assist speaker", it will assist me, not you :smalltongue:

Elemental
2012-02-24, 10:25 PM
Arash saw the unkindness of ravens and heard the name of Corwin Adrien. Despite his instinct to smite the foul creature, he knew that it was Corwin's work, and now was not the time for a confrontation with another god.
Rather, it was time to talk. He reached out with his mind to attempt communication.
<Corwin Adrien... I request audience.>

Knowing that it may take time for Corwin to respond, Arash surveyed the crowd. Towards the edge he noticed a woman who looked scared.
Becoming invisible and inaudible to all but her, he flew down and assumed human form.
"Do not be afraid. My name is Arash, and my protection is yours if you desire it. I merely request that you spread the word and honour me by performing good deeds.
"Do this well, and I shall anoint you as my priestess.
But first, tell me your name and what troubles you."

Two point minor act: Create Organisation.

Tychris1
2012-02-24, 11:52 PM
Retreating back from his madness Corwin allows the dark shroud to seep back into his body as he fully returns to his human form. A grin spreads across his face as he sees his chosen ones performance "Oh you have performed splendidly, the beast has slaid, and with it the bloodshed has been laid. And with new followers my power shall not fade. So now reel them in and make sure that I shall be obeyed." he says to Mortis as he watches him brig forth the people that called out to him to a more private location.

Energy coursed through the dead gods body as he anticipated the new believers he shall claim for himself. Yet he heard something, regenerating through out the tree was a message seeking an audience with Corwin. The message sounded familiar as Corwin allowed whoever sent the message to have an audience with him.

Elemental
2012-02-25, 12:02 AM
<Corwin Adrien. I see that you are once more active in the world. I find it odd that you would seek dominion over the living.>
Arash projected an image of his form so that Corwin could see him.
<But then, you were always difficult to understand.>
After thinking for a moment, Arash decided to make a proposal.
<Death is part of the world, and even with my power, I can merely protect others from it for a while. I propose we work together.>

Lejosh
2012-02-25, 06:27 AM
Erebos felt Moros fall into sleep as he hit the ground of the pathway leading to him. The sound vibrated off all the walls reaching him. Erebos once again reached out to Moros's sleeping mind "You are not far, it is only a short while till you enter my presence, awaken and come to me so we may talk of what must be done to save your daughter"

Erebos then left Moros's mind again, hoping that the message would work and bring Moros right to him.

Milo v3
2012-02-25, 06:49 AM
The words echoed through the dream of Moros. The dreams were different. In them was only three things, the empty darkness, the burning light, and his daughter. His Daughter....
The rogue shot up, eyes wide and trying to find out were he was. Smooth stone walls, slanted stone roof, ancient stone stairs.

The whispers in his mind reminded him of his mission. He had to find the thing in the dark. He had to... For his daughter.

He continued down the steps, his hand upon the wall for balance the whole time. After half an hour I reach the bottom, and I find myself in a labyrinth of passages and small holes in the wall. Every twenty feet along the wall lay a small flame, Moros wondered who lit them, and how they remained alight.

He drew his cloak tight around himself. Making sure not to let any light touch his flesh. And he followed the whispers, the whispers of the darkness.

And soon he found himself in front of his master.

Madara
2012-02-25, 09:38 AM
Mortis takes the people to a sitting area, and begins to teach them, "Hear me until the end. Corwin is the god of death and decay. Do not misunderstand what that entails. Death is sweet, he is not the one to wrongfully take your son in the night. He is not the one who causes war. No, he is mercy."

He sits down next to one of the older ones,

Have you ever thought what it would be like if your mother who was quite old was never able to die? While it might be nice at first, it would be continued suffering for her.

What if everyone lived forever? There wouldn't be enough food, and you would be hungry, but unable to die. You would suffer forever.

Corwin preaches that all things have a time. They all have a beginning and an end. He is the one who would let us all live for a rightful number of years! No dying young! But no living into pain...

Corwin can grant strength to those who following him. He granted me strength to defeat that monstrosity earlier, instead of it taking lives early.

Finally, he stands up again in front of the whole crowd.

If you fear death, join me. You will have nothing to fear because Corwin will protect you until you welcome death.

So, according to the rules I should roll for each person I try to convert. any idea how many there are?

Soliloquy
2012-02-25, 12:54 PM
Fifteen people had followed you. Five of them stand up, and two of those leave. The rest stay and begin to argue.
"You try to curry our favor for your own purposes. There are no 'gods' in this world. You speak a fairy tale, and these people foolishly believe you.
Six more stand up and four of them leave. The five dissenters before you begin to argue that you are no emissary of the gods, just another false prophet, as they used to be quite frequent.
Three of the remaining stand up and begin to argue that if there were no gods the world would have stopped. The last is sitting down, and appears to be thinking.

Madara
2012-02-25, 01:12 PM
"Your beliefs are your decision. But may I ask, could you have defeated that monster?"
He walks over to those arguing, "The hope lies before you, take it if you will. I have done my duty and told you the message. If you believe it, go and share it. If not, that is fine, go on your way."

He walks over to those who believe his message. "I will return to discuss these matters here again tomorrow, and the days following."

With that, Mortis heads off to explore the city a bit more.

shimu42
2012-02-25, 02:08 PM
After looking at his watch and waiting for awhile, Ayrnn sighs."Well, i guess you responded in the future. Or past. Or something. Xe proceeds to use xir uncanny foresight to figure out where and when the most impressionable minds of the near future and general vicinity of the city will be.

I'm not just a physic! I am a future physic!

Lejosh
2012-02-25, 04:19 PM
Erebos looked down upon Moros, compared to the form he was in, Moros was tiny and realised this form may have been a bit daunting. Erebos shifted his form into the of a man.

He was skinny, but with some muscle. Black hair that seemed to move even though there was no wind. Long black pants, a black shirt with a knee length jacket.

As he shifted the chains changed with him, keeping him stuck in their grasp, but lossen enough for him to move around a little bit, but not anywhere near the tunnels leading out of his prison.

He looked up at Moros again, studying him, he wasnt sure he had made the right choice of his first follower, but he looked like he would be able to get the job done with little hassel.

Erebos sat down and finally spoke using a deep and raspy voice "Do you know why I have called you here? Why I chose you and not someone else?" He was testing Moros's intelligence but they were both retorical questions.

"It is because you are going to be my first profit into this world. I have been stuck in this prison for too many hundreds of years and you will help me escape it. You will be rewarded hansomly if you do, but before we can get to that, you will have to spread my word to other in this world."

Erebos looked around again, only just noticing Moros's daughter wasnt with him. "And where is that daughter of yours? I thought you would bring her along instead of leaving her along in that dying city, though i do suppose there would be a good reason for leaving her. Although if you brought her here, she would be safe, no one ever comes here anymore."

Milo v3
2012-02-25, 05:43 PM
"So I should return to the city. And spread the word of your return to power. I'm guessing I'll probably have to lie to get people to follow you. But I've alway been good at that...
I'll do this for you. But if you are lying about protecting my daughter then ....."
He tried to think of anything. But there was no way he could threaten Erebos.

Shadows slowly crawled over Moros, and he found himself in the city once more.

He was surrounded by people, but he didn't know where he was.

But this place seemed as good as any to begin his dark lords work.
He stepped out of the shadows and put himself at a distance from the rest of the people. He tried to find something to stand on to make himself higher than the others. He removed his cloak showing the public the shadow which rain through his body, his flesh shuddered when touched by the light.

But I will endure.

"People of this stagnating city. I am here as a vessel for an awakened being. He is what you might call a god. He is a protector, he is a watcher, he is the thing which knows of suffering, and he knows of how to protect us from it. I am one who has suffered from this world. Three nights ago I died. But he knew that others would suffer. So to protect the people. He returned me as his choosen disciple. Follow me, those who have been touched by despair and you will be protected from it further."

How many dice should I roll for making people believe me?

Soliloquy
2012-02-25, 10:35 PM
Physic, noun: 1. a medicine that purges; cathartic; laxative. 2. any medicine; a drug or medicament. 3. the medical art or profession.
Please tell me you meant psychic. :smalleek:

As the more impressionable people are taken already, less want to follow you. Only four seem intrigued at all, and one man, stepping in the courtyard from a place where a few people were congregating looks at you angrily. You suspect he might want to fight.

shimu42
2012-02-25, 11:03 PM
Ayrnn considers xir options"Want to avoid conflict , but this could be useful." Xe makes a mental note to deal with him later in the past, then discreetly shadows the impressionable minds to convert them.

Milo v3
2012-02-25, 11:09 PM
Moros was confused about the lack of a response, but he quickly realised that over the years many people have been saying they were prophets. All of which charlatans.
"So it seems that either only four in this city have suffered, or that you do not believe me. And what of you sir? You gaze upon my form and see me as what? Do you think I lie about my lord. Do you deny his blood which flows through my now black veins?

Do you want a demonstration of my lords power? By the look of you combat would be most appropriate. But as you can see I am not a fighter. But if you wish to see my lords power, then strike me."

Rolls for the four I tried to convince last post:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Soliloquy
2012-02-26, 09:32 AM
The four believer thing was for Moros.

Xe finds himself directed towards the nobles section of town.

"Combat proves nothing, many adventurers do not seem to be such. You are just a deluded mage, who's experiments poisoned your body."

Milo v3
2012-02-26, 04:48 PM
"How you dare sir! You call me a deluded mage, but I've never even cast a spell. All my power is that of my god. With his gifts I could shroud us in shadow, but I could not make it rain nor can I create blasts of energy. I have no skill in the arcane. As for you calling me deluded, is it is delusional to see perfectly in darkness of this world. To see the digusting horrors that plague the hearts of those in this dying city."

As Moros spoke, tiny tendrils of darkness twisted around his arms.

Soliloquy
2012-02-26, 05:28 PM
"You talk of 'gods' much, but such beings do not exist. Where was your 'god' when the world was thrown into disarray? This chaos was caused by fools who believed they were doing the will of gods, only after we accepted that they didn't exist were we able to rebuild.

You recognize this story, you had heard it many times before. The gods, however, had not.

Milo v3
2012-02-26, 05:42 PM
"Before the past week I would say that your words are true and that all that I speak is lies. You ask where Erebos was during the years. He was where he is now. In his temple. But has only just awoken from his slumber, and I was choosen as his vessel. Tonight I shall return to him with all who trust my words. But before I go sir I would like to know your name. Not so I may harm you, no do not fear. No, I want to know your name so once my lord is evident to all, I can correct your tongue."

The tendrils continued to lash around Moros arms.

shimu42
2012-02-26, 05:55 PM
Ayrnn uses xir uncanny foresight briefly to find out weather or not any of cir old contacts are still active in the city. If so, xe uses xir unnatural speed to go to the contacts location at once. If not, xe attempts to find the seat of power in the city and goes there.

Mynxae
2012-02-27, 08:35 AM
Xavier rode up to the inner streets of the town, being followed by two carts with a few casks of wine stacked neatly behind the driver, coming from his father's vineyard to sell some excess product so they can get some supplies.
"We're nearly there Driver. Slow the horses down so they don't get overtired before we reach our destination." said Xavier to the driver of the first cart. The driver passed the message onto the driver behind him and the horses slow down to a walk.

Xavier and the drivers get to their destination, a nice old vintner who was always cheerful.
"Hello there Xavier, good to see you this year!" the vintner said happily.
"Greetings old friend, my father and I have had another good year with our grapes so we thought we'd help you out and sell you our excess stock again." said Xavier.
The vintner eyed the casks of wine and smiled. "An excellent haul this year Xavier. Tell your father to keep up the good work." the vintner said.
"I'll send him your thanks." said Xavier with a grin.

Xavier sends the drivers home to the vineyard after he and the vintner clasp hands and part ways, with Xavier slightly richer from the sale. "What do you want us to say to your father when we get back?" said the lead driver.
"Tell him I'm exploring the city, I'm sure he won't mind. I have my long sword on me, so he knows I'll be safe." said Xavier.

He arrived to the town square to find it deserted. "Where is everyone?" Xavier exclaimed to the empty square. He glanced around and saw a woman who looked kind of freaked out at the empty space in front of her, glancing left and right to see if what she was seeing was real or fake. Xavier directed his horse to walk to the woman and find out what was wrong with her.
"What seems to be the problem madam?" said Xavier.

Soliloquy
2012-02-29, 07:32 PM
The woman looks at Arash and says "I do not know if you are who you claim to be, but if you can help me I will do as you wish. Follow me."
She led him a ways away and then ducked into an alleyway. There she pulled out a flat piece of iron and wedged it between two of the stone blocks paving the small path. As she turned it, it pushed aside the ground in front of her, revealing a staircase.
"If you believe you can help me, and still wish to do so, follow.

The man looks Moros right in the eye and says, "You may call me Tuuzzor, and I call you, Liar."

The woman looks up at Xavier and says "Thank the Gods someone else is here, everyone just disappeared. I can't find anyone.

Bet Xavier didn't see that coming

Milo v3
2012-02-29, 07:42 PM
"Those who believe me come forth. And I shall send you to my lords land. And Tuuzzor you shall call me whatever you want. I shall call you fool."

Tendrils flicked out from Moros's under Moros cloak, they were aimed at the head of Tuuzzor. But they did not hit, they stopped inches away from his face.
"If you have suffered you are a child of my god! If you cause suffering upon others you are our enemy! If you cause suffering upon your self, you aren't worth our time! Tuuzzor, you are diseased cattle, you are not worthy of my effort."

The tendrils retracted into the rogues arms.

Elemental
2012-03-01, 05:47 AM
Arash followed the woman down the stairs, his intangible feet making no noise or imprint in the dust. He once more took the form of a crow and perched on her shoulder, looking forward to what lay ahead.
As an after-thought, he dispelled the illusion preventing his presence from being noticed by others.
"Do not fear, I can still protect you in this form."

Soliloquy
2012-03-03, 11:26 PM
Four stand and join Moros.

As the woman reaches the bottom of the steps and continues, hear something up ahead. It sounds like speaking, but you can't hear properly. She opens a door, revealing a few people sitting and talking. One of them is crying. There is also a tall shape, covered with cloth.

Milo v3
2012-03-03, 11:39 PM
Four people. We'll I guess it is a start. I wonder how they shall react to my lords power?
I hope this works he thought to himself as he threw his cloak into the air covering him and the believers in shadow.
"While we trend in shadow. Return us to the embrace of darkness." The rogue muttered.

And with that he used his shadow walking ability to teleport the group to the Erebos's temple at the bottom of the stairs.

"We are within the tomb and home of my lord. I'm sure that you are tired after your long years of suffering in that cruel city. I will send you to your quarters. Now any questions before we go, after the questions you shall all follow me through this labyrinth and I shall show you to your rooms. In then evening we shall eat. And once that is over, you shall all meet Erebos."

If there are no question Moros started to walk through the halls of the temple, knowing where to go as an instinct. He soon reached the sleeping quarters of the old cultist who used to worship his lord.

Milo v3
2012-03-03, 11:40 PM
Posting again to make my previous post appear.

Elemental
2012-03-04, 02:09 AM
Arash surveyed the figures in the room, attempting to determine how they would react to his revealing himself.
After a moment's thought, he flew down from the woman's shoulder and assumed humanoid form, the black feathers of his wings glinting slightly in the dim light.
"Do not be alarmed. I am Arash, and I have come to help."

Am I ever going to find out the woman's name?

Soliloquy
2012-03-04, 08:22 AM
No questions.

They all look very happy about your appearance, and talk about how grateful they are for your help. They tell you that recently people have been disappearing. Each of them have family members who disappeared. They want you to find out what happened.

Milo v3
2012-03-05, 06:27 AM
I leave the group so they can get used to their new quarters. And once again enter the embrace of the shadows.

Moros found himself at his home, my daughter hears my foot step on the wooden floor. She turns swiftly and runs towards me even quicker. As she jumps to hug me the shadowy tendrils entomb us both and we appear before Erebos.

I grasp onto my daughter tightly, and slowly let her down. Her eye gaze around the room bewildered by the teleportation.

"This is our new home." I told her.
"And this..." The thief searched his mind for words to describe his new master.
"This is the landlord and my new boss." He tried to sugar coat it... Hoping he her innocent mind wouldn't be frightened or truly realise the horrors in front of her.

He turned to Erebos, not wanting to see his daughters reaction to the monster.
"I have done as you asked. Will you keep your side of the bargin?"

Elemental
2012-03-05, 08:30 AM
Arash spoke to the group.
"I promise to do the best that I can. I merely ask for your assistance. Describe those among your families who have disappeared, and I shall search for them."
He listened patiently to their descriptions and looked into their minds at the images that surfaced from their memories. He'd get the crows to help him with this task, nothing ever passed their eyes unnoticed.

This is, of course, assuming that they choose to describe their missing family members.
Also, mystery!

Soliloquy
2012-03-05, 05:10 PM
Two of them only had one family member gone, and the rest had more that one. One of them had their whole family vanish, and the last, who is not there at the time, had all but her little brother disappear. They all give descriptions.
The one who had his whole family vanish says
Please, avenge my family.

Do you go check with the crows?

Lejosh
2012-03-05, 05:11 PM
Erebos look at Moros and his daughter, he felt sorry for the girl. Her life had been hard and there must have been days when she would have gone without food and drink.

Erebos looked to Moros now and said "I will protect your daughter, she will remain under my care for as long as she stays within the grasp of my abilities. But you must explain to her that she cannot leave this place and that she will be protected here with me whenever you leave, explaining this to her is a job for her father, not her god"

Milo v3
2012-03-05, 09:12 PM
"I'll talk to her. But lets move on. I'll bring the followers food, and after that I shall bring them to you. Is that fine?"

Lejosh
2012-03-05, 09:39 PM
"That is fine with me. If you wish you may leave ur daughter with me and I will watch her while I wait for you to return. I believe that her and I will have much to talk about" As he finish's Moros's daughter see's the small shadow of a bunny eminate from behind Erebos and begin bouncing around the large room. He then lays down resting his head on his hands as he closes his eyes.

Elemental
2012-03-05, 10:00 PM
"I assure you that I shall return with answers."
With this statement, Arash turned and left the room, assuming the form of a crow as soon as he reached the surface.
He flew over to some nearby crows to ask what they knew.

Milo v3
2012-03-06, 12:55 AM
Moros
Moros sighed. He really didn't want to leave his daughter with this fiendish abomination. But he didn't have much choice, the rogue felt compelled to even though the thought disgusted him.
He kneeled down and looked his daughter in the eyes.
"Yin, I need you to stay with my boss for a while. Try not to annoy him and keep your manners. I'll come back soon, with lots and lots of food. Okay."
He waited for her to nod and he started to walk down the hall towards his masters guests.

As he entered the room he guestured the people to follow him.
The group soon reached the dining room. It was a large and long hall. But there wasn't much light, so Moros allowed the believers to take one of the torches and use it to help them see. It took only three torches and the whole room was bright as the walls seemed to reflect light.

But luckily there was enough shadow remaining in the room for Moros to use his masters gift.
He weaved the shadow over the tables, his mind forming substance.
Food was created from the shadows. It wasn't the best tastewise, but it wasn't bad.

He let his guests eat. But as he sat in the largest and most exquiste chair in the room. He couldn't eat, his thoughts only hoping that Yin will be fine when he returns.

Yin
As soon as dad left Yin's eyes looked at the rabbit. Yin started to chase it.

Lejosh
2012-03-06, 01:26 AM
Erebos smiled lightly as he watched Yin running around the room chasing the rabbit that he had made. It made him remember why he did everything the way he did. He decided not to say a word as he let another 2 rabbits loose around the room for her to chase. He took great care in watching she didn't leave the room as he waited for Moros to return with the new arrivals so he could speak to them for the first time.

Milo v3
2012-03-06, 02:29 AM
Yin
Yin chased the three bunnies. Having a lot of fun. After a while she finally was quick enough to touch one. But it was a shadow.
Yin stop. Looked at the bunnies which still bounced around.
"Whats wrong with them?" She asked the strange person. She looks at him. Her eyes looking straight into his. For the first time he could see Yin's eyes. They were purple, but strangely had no iris.

Moros
Slowly the influence from Erebos calmed him. The rogue was still weary. He didn't trust the god of darkness and he doubted he ever would.
But he could eat. Something he hadn't done for weeks. Logic told him that he should eat while he can.
He finally gave in and started to eat, abeit slower than the followers.

Lejosh
2012-03-06, 03:57 AM
Erebos looked over at the little girl saying "They are not real rabbits, they are simply an illusion i can create using my abilities, they are made up of shadows and as such, look like them as well." He could not tell whether Yin wasnt happy about the news or was just to curious about other things to care but he knew that Moros cared about her very much as she looked as though she had lead a sheltered life, or, as much of one as Moros could get her being homeless and without food most of the time.

"Come over here young one, and tell me of your father Moros, tell me of your life before now and what the two of you would do for fun." Erebos smiled a friendly smile as he looked at the young girl he had just met. He knew she would be very important if he wished to retake his place as a major god of this plane.

Milo v3
2012-03-06, 05:17 AM
Yin
The girl slowly wandered away from the shadow bunnies. She thought for a few seconds, twisting her silver hair as she said many ums.
"Well ummm... sometimes dad hides coins through the house and lets me try and find them. If I find one he gets me a present. He hasn't been able to play umm.. lately though, he had to go to work more.
But when he is home he helps me read and we play games and umm... Look at spider webs... And feed Bai. She is a cat.. But dad says she is sleeping so we haven't seen her in months."

Soliloquy
2012-03-06, 04:49 PM
The crows, tell you that they have seen those people. (like me, the villain did not think to guard against the crows. Really, who would?)
They noticed someone wearing a dark cloak go up to each of them and lead them away before they vanished.

ArlEammon
2012-03-06, 11:24 PM
The Diamond Crown Summit

Melchizedek slumbered in his wounded. . . chained. . . sorcerous bound physical form. The arrows, spears, axes and swords still covered him. He slumbered in his mind, deep in his mind.

Light shined in the dark. Beauty beyond the deepest darkness enshrouded a massive, floating land of pure diamond and crystal in the abyss. Diamond Crown himself waited in the lands of this abyss. This abyss of his mind. Melchizedek rested deeply, the form of a wizened old man, leaning on his staff as he wished to walk about the island plane. The Old Man walked to the edge of this beautiful abyss and smiled weakly.

The Speaker would here Diamond Crown utter his decrees from the sole shining light from the high abyss. Echoing throughout the coils of mortal existence, his words bore the identity of a venerable old man, a wise man, and a fierce warrior at that, facing his twilight years in pain.

"Ayrnn. . . Ayrnn. . . It is time. It is time. It is time. Time. . . Time. . . Time. . . "Ayrnn, friend of Diamond Crown. . . It is time. . . We have work to do. . ."
"Ayrnn. . . .

Lejosh
2012-03-07, 05:49 PM
Erebos looks at the girl, although a little skinnier than she should be, she seemed in rather good health. "How often are you sick? I mean, for someone who lives in the conditions you do, you seem rather healthy." He says as he waves her over to sit next to him.

Milo v3
2012-03-07, 06:03 PM
Yin
Yin stumbled over to the strange man and sat down.
"I never get sick. Dad says I got that from mum. I can't see properly though. Thats from her too."

Lejosh
2012-03-07, 07:33 PM
"What would you say Yin, if i could give you perfect sight for the rest of your life?" Erebos smiled at the little girl, he had an idea of how to win the full support of his followers.

Milo v3
2012-03-07, 07:41 PM
Yin thought for a second.
"Umm... Thank you.... Your a nice person."

As she finished the sentence, as if on que, Moros and the believers walked into the room.
"This is Erebos. The one who grants me my power and the protector of those who suffer. Umm... And this is my daughter.."

shimu42
2012-03-07, 08:31 PM
Ayrnn sits, looking at the note xe found conveniently underneath a rock. The note was a brief message form Ayrnn's god. Or former god. It explains, in a few, simple words, that xir old god was dead, and that Ayrnn should met up with another, named Melchizedek. And as Ayrnn was musing on how, exactly, xe was to find this Melch-watever guy, xe hears a voice in her head.
"Whelp, I suppose that settles it. Hello, I am Ayrnn, the one and only. Now, old-god-covered-in-blades, what do you want me to do.

ArlEammon
2012-03-07, 08:39 PM
"You are to take the Foundation Stone Of Sepulchre, the City. . . preferably as quietly and unnoticably as you can, take to the Diamond Crown Caverns, and, before you reach the Summit, there is a great Summoning Chambers. You are to place the Foundation Stone in the center, sacrifice a drop of blood, and then enchant the Stone with your soul."

"Then chant the mystic words. "Ah nal nathrack, uthbe bethutte, doth el envay"!

Lejosh
2012-03-07, 08:40 PM
Erebos stands, helping Yin up with him and then getting her to go towards her father, indicating to him to cover her ears and eyes.

Then in a large, booming voice, louder than the body he is in would usually be able to create, he says "I am Erebos, god of darkness, evil and the underworld. If you have followed Moros here than you wish to be free of those who have oppressed you in the past. You have now left the confines of your city and come unto my temple where i shall ready you, where you shall spread my word from, where we shall begin my conquest of this world."

Erebos the changes his form, he grows to a huge size, larger than that of a dragon. His body muscles grow and begin to break holes in his skin. Two prominate horns grow out of his head, curving into so they almost touch. His skin turns black and black tentacles made out of shadow grow out his skin and wave around. His body turns into that of almost a full shadow, tentacles lashing everywhere and eyes as black as night looking at those who were standing in front of him.

"This is my true form, do as you wish now but know that i shall not stop you from leaving, nor shall Moros" He then waits to see if anyone leaves for the city.

Milo v3
2012-03-07, 08:44 PM
Moros quickly smothered her senses, not quite sure why. But it was immediately apparent. Yin squirmed trying to see what her fathers hands obscured.
But he wouldn't let her nightmares be plagued with his form.

shimu42
2012-03-07, 09:19 PM
"Tell me where all thouse things are, then I'll do it."

Elemental
2012-03-08, 06:08 AM
Arash flew in the direction indicated by the crows of Sepulchrum, hoping that his eyes would see further clues as to the location of the disappearing townspeople.
As he was flying along, Arash felt a sudden pain in his head. At first he did not know how, but he soon came to realise the meaning of his sudden affliction:
Verzya al Zharad has passed on from this world.

"How many more of us have expired over the centuries?" he whispered to the air.

Soliloquy
2012-03-08, 05:24 PM
You see the cloaked figure pulling someone inside of a building.

Everyone stays.

Lejosh
2012-03-08, 05:49 PM
Erebos then changes back into that of his human form. Looking at Moros he then says "Collect me one person who has done you wrong at some point in your life Moros, and bring him back to me." Erebos looks at the other standing with Moros studying them and thinks to himself 'this is only the begining.'

Milo v3
2012-03-08, 07:11 PM
"And what shall we do with your new followers while I am gone?"

ArlEammon
2012-03-08, 08:06 PM
"Tell me where all thouse things are, then I'll do it."

"The Archmag'es Tower. . . search it, and you shall find the Foundation Stone. . . " Melchizedek stated. "Your bravery shall be greatly rewarded for this, Arryn."

Lejosh
2012-03-08, 11:23 PM
Erebos turns to his followers and says "If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me them now, i would prefer you all waited here to see what one of my first acts on this world will be, but if you must then you may retire to your quarters or wander the corridors to see what is in this place. You may even find a secret that we may use to our advantage. You may leave with Moros if you wish, I will attend to granting you power close to what he has in time, but first there are other things we must attend to."

After finishing his sentence he returns to his human form and waits to se what the others do.

shimu42
2012-03-08, 11:40 PM
"Well, I like rewards, and great rewards are even better.

Xe goes to the tower through whatever means possible.

Elemental
2012-03-09, 06:20 AM
Arash swooped down, confident in the knowledge that his ethereal form would easily pass through the door.
He also made a special point of concealing himself from mortal sight to further surprise whomever was inside.

Soliloquy
2012-03-22, 09:21 AM
Arryn arrives at the tower, but there are two guards by the gate.

Arash swoops through the door, but nobody is there. He does, however hear a clunk, as though something had fallen. On the ground you see a small pendant. You recognize the symbol. All of those you met underground were wearing one of them.

shimu42
2012-03-22, 01:54 PM
"Hello there, you dashing young men! I know I probably shouldn't be allowed inside this tower, but I swear It is very improtant! Why the fate of the world might depend on me being inside that tower. So could you do me a favor? Arynn says, batting xir eyes.

Milo v3
2012-03-22, 04:52 PM
Moros waited for the others to move, but soon he realised that none would.

The rogue knelt down to his daughter and picked her up.
"Let me take you to your room."

Slowly darkness covered his and Yin's form.
Maybe I use his gifts to much, Moros thought as he wandered out of the darkness and into his daughters quarters.

The room was rather well lit but darkness clung to the walls. A large bed with red silk sheets lay against the wall.

He waited for Yin to fall to sleep before he left. But once she did he was off. And he found himself within the city yet again.

Soliloquy
2012-03-24, 10:18 PM
"I'm sorry miss, but our orders are not to allow anyone past."
"But on the other hand, he is doing it for the sake of the world.
"We don't know that! Besides, just because you don't like her doesn't mean you can call her a man."
"What her? That is a man!
"I told you that if you keep making fun of people who look kind of like members of the opposite gender I'd do this. We fight!
He draws a sword
"And I'm not making fun of him, you are. To the death!
He also draws a sword, and they begin dueling.

shimu42
2012-03-25, 07:18 PM
Ayrnn quickly runs behind them and enters the tower to search for the stone.

ArlEammon
2012-03-25, 08:18 PM
"Arynn, goood." Melchizedek whsipers into his Speaker's ears. "Goood." The voice echoed.

Elemental
2012-03-26, 06:43 AM
Arash examines the pendant. If his senses are strong enough in his currently weakened state, he may be able to feel where its former bearer is currently.
Failing that, he also checks for exits from the room he is in so that he may continue the search.