PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Souls.

NelKor
2012-02-22, 06:01 PM
So Recently in a DnD game that is quickly drawing to a close, an important NPC's soul was recently utterly destroyed, and i'm wondering if there is anyway short of epic spells to restore it.

ahenobarbi
2012-02-22, 07:03 PM
How was it destroyed? Wish, miracle, direct divine intervention might help.

NOhara24
2012-02-22, 07:14 PM
9 times out of 10 Miracle/Wish will revive anyone not killed by a spell that says "Cannot be revived by Miracle/Wish."

Rubik
2012-02-22, 07:47 PM
Yup; as the other people above me have said, Miracle and Wish can recreate a soul, unless it was destroyed by an effect that specifically forbids them working.

hamishspence
2012-02-23, 04:39 AM
The cloak of the Garrote leader in Epic Handbook can make a body "beyond the retrieval of even greater gods"- but its not clear if this applies to the soul.

I would have thought that it did- and that it's not a case of just limiting it to True Resurrection, but a case of making even divine intervention impossible.

But that's not the way its worded- it only mentions the body.

Rubik
2012-02-23, 01:15 PM
The cloak of the Garrote leader in Epic Handbook can make a body "beyond the retrieval of even greater gods"- but its not clear if this applies to the soul.

I would have thought that it did- and that it's not a case of just limiting it to True Resurrection, but a case of making even divine intervention impossible.

But that's not the way its worded- it only mentions the body.You could create the body, then use the Mind Seed psionic power to create a soul, then Mind Rape to program it into the person you want.

Voyager_I
2012-02-23, 01:45 PM

The wording makes the item rather underwhelming. Good way to dispose of evidence, I guess? Y'know, as long as they don't just get True Resurrected and provide the testimony themselves.

You could create the body, then use the Mind Seed psionic power to create a soul, then Mind Rape to program it into the person you want.

Existential debate incoming.

Arbane
2012-02-23, 01:54 PM
You could create the body, then use the Mind Seed psionic power to create a soul, then Mind Rape to program it into the person you want.

Ethical questions aside, you wouldn't get 'that person', you'd get 'someone who has the delusion that they're (that person), but who only knows as much about (that person) as you do.'

MikelaC1
2012-02-23, 01:58 PM
If you are the DM, you say "this" works. Thats the beauty of being a DM, you make all the rules.

nolispe
2012-02-23, 01:59 PM
Ethical questions aside, you wouldn't get 'that person', you'd get 'someone who has the delusion that they're (that person), but who only knows as much about (that person) as you do.'

Not at all. Just mindwipe yourself afterwards, and no one will ever be able to tell the difference... Especially if you find some way (that undead template... Spellsomethinged would do it) to give them Modify Memory, and ingraine a pavlovian response to use it whenever someone mentioned something they should know about the person on the person saying so, and then themselves to forget doing so.

Voyager_I
2012-02-23, 02:09 PM

The wording makes the item rather underwhelming. Good way to dispose of evidence, I guess? Y'know, as long as they don't just get True Resurrected and provide the testimony themselves.

Existential debate incoming.