Hanuman
2012-02-22, 08:09 PM
Psion4/Ardent1/Ironmind5

My psionic blacksmith!
Heat: Matter Agitation -> Solicit Psicrystal
Tool: Shapesand
Skill: Profession/Craft (Untyped)
Water: .......

Cooling down tools in water or something else would be nice touch here, especially when working with metals that need tempering.

I use 70PP/3-9 hours of matter agitation, depending on how much my psicrystal helps with the concentration, I can use as little as 1PP/8mins of crafting, or if I have a forge I can use 1 or 2 PP to get the forge roaring hot within a few seconds (280c+ in 18s, maintained) which would ignite wood. I could alternatively make a shapesand container and ignite the wood then shape it closed to make charcoal.

Because of my PP limitations, and that I'm 2 manifest levels under my ECL I rather not have to use PP.

Some interesting things have cought my eye such as survival pouch, decanter of water, instant oasis, ect. but I'm looking for a 0 bulk (maybe gem or small bag pref.) way to make free water or other tempering means that isn't 1shot.

I have room for another feat, I could pick up a crafting feat and get a power that would allow me to do this /day, it's an option.

Thoughts?

Medic!
2012-02-22, 11:27 PM
You could use the item familiar feat and give it the ability to cast all 0 lvl cleric or druid (I'd reccomend druid) spells. Then you'd have access to Create Water 6 times a day at your character level as a caster level...so 20 gallons of water a casting for up to 120 gallons a day.

Awfully round-a-bout way of doing things, and there's almost definately a better way to do things (portable hole full of water?) but it's got pizzaz!

Hanuman
2012-02-28, 06:57 PM
Might I ask how a familiar casts level 0 cleric/druid spells?

Portable holes are a bit high for my budget, at a level 10 that's nearly half my entire allotment.