PDA

View Full Version : Additional rules on sleep/memory loss arrows for pixie3.5

DericksDM
2012-02-22, 09:08 PM
Howdy, I am trying to locate some more information on pixies as characters. In the MM1 3.5ed It states that pixies sometimes employ magical arrows.

I understand how to calculate the DC but I dont understand a few other things: How often? It says sometimes not at will.... so how often?

Where do they come from? It makes no reference to where these arrows come from, are they conjured? I assume they arent added to exsisting arrows as these arrows cant deal damage.

Wtf are they made of? Hardness Durrability yadda yadda.

Can they be passed out?

The MM1 is very vague when it refers to this ability.
Any help is appreciated in advance.

DericksDM
2012-02-22, 09:26 PM
I know someone has to have come across this.

Mystify
2012-02-22, 09:31 PM
It is a very poorly written ability, esp. on a playable race.

However, if you look at the "Pixies as characters" section, it does not list the arrows as things you get. On the monster, they are listed under special attacks. On the character, they only list the spell-like abilities. So it doesn't appear that a pixie PC gets those arrows for free.

DericksDM
2012-02-22, 09:45 PM
Thank you. I misread the Block... stopped reading under special attacks where it says see above.

Mystify
2012-02-22, 09:54 PM
Thank you. I misread the Block... stopped reading under special attacks where it says see above.

I did that too when I first read it. My DM made up some per/day limits on it that had no basis in RAW, and truthly I never really used them. Looking at it again for your question to try to untangle RAW led me to realize its not part of the character.

SimonMoon6
2012-02-22, 10:41 PM
Savage Species has info on the arrows (how to make them and buy them). They are 607 gp each.

Mystify
2012-02-22, 11:10 PM
Savage Species has info on the arrows (how to make them and buy them). They are 607 gp each.
Ah, good call. I didn't think to check savage species for more info on pixies. According to the savage species progression, a pixie automatically can craft those arrows without otherwise meeting the requirements. Hence, you can make them, and then utilize them as you will. That makes more sense than the pixie getting the arrows out of nowhere because they are a pixie.