PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Lists

Kyberwulf
2012-02-22, 09:15 PM
Hello

I recently made a new Wizard, and I was wondering what everyone's favorite Spells where.
Three different Catagories.

Offensive

Defensive

Utility

Post then by Name, Book, and a short reason why you like them.

They don't have to be in any order, and can be any Spell Level for that catagory.

Oh, and top 10 Feats for Spell casters

Anderlith
2012-02-22, 09:22 PM
Magic Mother F-ing Missle. It is the best spell ever. Okay maybe a little hyperbole...

Also any of the enchanting stuff. Charm & Suggestion, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, etc. I dislike the evocation spells because most are just rehashes of previous spells with better damage or an extra gimmick

Doughnut Master
2012-02-23, 12:17 AM
Offensive?
Fireball. Love the classics.

Defensive?
Glitterdust. Nothing like escaping from an enemy by throwing glitter at them.

Utility?
Prestidigitation. What's not to love?

Calanon
2012-02-23, 12:42 AM
Offensive
Chain Lightning :smallamused: gotta love it

Defensive
Displacement, Always scales with levels and I've found use for it well into an Epic game :smallsmile:

Utility
Minor Wish, Limited Wish, Wish in general... OR Fly... Its staple for 3rd level spells and is usually taken right at 3rd level

And Apparently Create Food and Prestidigitation to make that filthy gruel taste better :smallbiggrin:

For feats? I enjoy a Metamagick'd Chain Lightning preferably Violate Chain Lightning for its destructive abilities (The enemy is probably not going to get up after that...) :smallbiggrin:

sonofzeal
2012-02-23, 12:45 AM
Offensive: Explosive Forceful Great Thunderclap (SPC, metamagic'd for extra awesome)

Defence: Greater Mirror Image (PHB2)

Utility: Blockade (...CArc?)

Myth
2012-02-24, 08:33 AM
Offensive
Gate, Shapechange, PW: Kill, Shivering Touch, Disintegrate, Enervation, Orb of Fire w/ Searing Spell + metamagicked into the heavens, Glitterdust, Irresistable Dance, Ice Assassin, Greymantle, Celerity (all flavors), Nerveskitter

Defensive
Foresight, Shapechnge, Wall of X (iron, stone, force), Prismatic Wall/Sphere, Forcecage (esp. as Su), Fly, Supreme Invisibility, Stoneskin, Mirror Image (Greater), Blur, Luminous Armour, Mage Armour, Ironguard, Shrinsee's Spell Shrift (God I hate spelling this)

Utility
Genesis, Time Stop, Wish (and Limited Wish), Teleport, Greater , Plane Shift, Greater , Shift
Gate, Anticipate Teleportation, Minor/Major/whatever Creation,Alter Self, Polymorph Self, Shapechange, Polymorph Any Object,Hero's Feast, Magnificent Mansion, Rope Trick, Passwall, Charm Person/Dominate Person/Mindrape, Prestidigation, Lights, Ghst Sound, Favored of the Martyr (via limited wish, for celerity abuse)

Magic in 3.5 it has it all. And more.

imneuromancer
2012-02-24, 03:13 PM
Grease
Web
Glitterdust
Stinking Cloud (or Cloud of Bewilderment from SpC)

CTrees
2012-02-24, 03:41 PM
Utility: augury. Nothing like a button that says "hey, dm, is this a bad idea?"

Defensive: prismatic wall. Hidden behind an illusion, it becomes a hilarious offense.

Offensive: magic missile! Followed by maw of chaos

Bloodgruve
2012-02-24, 04:20 PM
Offensive - Neverskitter, Glitterdust, Silent Image

Defensive - Benign Transposition, Silent Image

Utility - Detect Thoughts ;), Silent Image

I have limited experience with Arcane casters but these are working great with my Beguiler.

GL

Blood~

Callos_DeTerran
2012-02-24, 06:29 PM
My answer to all three lists is Empowered, Widened, Intensified, Enhanced Apocalypse from the Sky. Yes, for defense and utility too.:smallbiggrin:

Calanon
2012-02-24, 08:51 PM
My answer to all three lists is Empowered, Widened, Intensified, Enhanced Apocalypse from the Sky. Yes, for defense and utility too.:smallbiggrin:

Why not also make it Maximized, Fell Draining, and Violated? :smallamused: Every commoner turns into a Wight, and anyone that survives takes so much Vile damage they're probably not gonna want to be considered a "Survivor" :smallamused:

EDIT: derp Intensified :P