PDA

View Full Version : PF Bard + Warlord Questions

Earthwalker
2012-02-23, 05:36 AM
Hello all,

Using Pathfinder books only.

Is there anyway to increase the spell casting power of a Bard ?

Is there any way to gain the Challenge ability normally used by Cavaliers ?

Warlords get bonus feats, now some of these require at least figher level X, do warlords count as fighters for these feats or do you have to multi-class to fighter ?

gorfnab
2012-02-23, 04:19 PM

If you mean by trying to get spells higher than 6th level, then no (only using Pathfinder anyways). You can increase your caster level using some items (like an Orange Prism Ioun Stone). Some prestige classes may give you some different options for casting such as new spells, metamagics, or other abilities.

Take a level in Cavalier.

Warlords get bonus feats, now some of these require at least figher level X, do warlords count as fighters for these feats or do you have to multi-class to fighter ?
Unfortunately you would have to multiclass into fighter since Adamant Entertainment has yet to issue an errata for the class.

Vemynal
2012-02-23, 04:59 PM
Unfortunately you would have to multiclass into fighter since Adamant Entertainment has yet to issue an errata for the class.

But you could always ask the DM to just house rule the warlord levels as fighter levels for this effect. I mean the Warlord looks to be like the replacement fighter anyways.

grarrrg
2012-02-23, 05:05 PM
Hello all,

Using Pathfinder books only.

Bard: Not substantially, no.

Challenge: Cavalier, or Samurai (which is just a palette swap Cavalier anyway)

Warlord: The RAI is definitely that they count as a Fighter for those feats listed, and those feats ONLY (there are other 'fighter level X' feats).
The RAW, as you have guessed, is borked. You would have to take X levels of Fighter, and then levels of Warlord to get a your bonus feat. As for why you didn't just use your FIGHTER bonus feat is beyond me.

As poorly edited as PF stuff may seem at times all you need to do is read over a few 3rd party entries and the 1st party suddenly seems perfectly worded...

Earthwalker
2012-02-24, 06:15 AM
Thank you all for the replies.

I have found the magician archetype for bard that lets you swap in spells from other lists, no way to get past lvl 6 spells I can see.

I was hoping not to take a level of cavelier but that looks like the only way.

I have more questions about the warlord, or rahter about temporary hit points. Do temp hitpoints stack.

So if ever round a warlord kept using his ability to add D6 temp HP would they just keep adding up ?

Ink Imp
2020-03-02, 11:51 PM

I know it's been a while since this was asked, but I recenty had this same inquiry while building my own warlord, so I hope this info helps. I asked Adamant Entertainment's facebook page about this and their answer was that much like brawler, warlord levels are supposed to count as fighter levels.

truemane
2020-03-03, 07:07 AM
Metamagic Mod: Thread Necromancy is a forbidden art.