PDA

View Full Version : Firefall Thread 1: F2P FPS and other Acronyms

Karoht
2012-02-23, 11:29 AM
The only thread I could find regarding Firefall with a search was many months old. So here is a new one.

So, do you enjoy First Person / Third Person Shooters?
Do you enjoy playing them with your friends?
How about a great big open world to explore and play in?
Sounds expensive? Heck no. Firefall, from Red 5 Studios, will be lauching Free to Play.
www.firefallthegame.com

I remember back to Tabula Rasa, which was also an FPS MMO. It wasn't astounding, but it had some high points. I'm very much hoping that Firefall can hit all those high points and more.

Visually, there are elements similar to Starcraft and Halo, but there's some other elements that I adore. I love the canisters/power nodules on the medic. And the Recon has an excellent and simple look, not fussy or covered with equipment the character never uses.

For a FREE game, it looks like they are really going that extra mile to create something special, and that is what excites me the most.

Kaun
2012-02-23, 03:48 PM
I have been watching this one for a while it looks cool, hopefully it doesn't go the way of Huxley.

Karoht
2012-02-23, 04:37 PM
Looking at the people involved there is some serious potential.
Also, Red 5 Studios is partly owned by a Korean company, one very well versed in F2P MMO's.

Huxley?

Kaun
2012-02-23, 05:01 PM
Huxley?

My point exactly haha.

Wiki link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huxley_(video_game))

Thiyr
2012-02-24, 05:21 AM
Just heard about this earlier today via Extra Credits. MMOFPS. okay, excited. F2P. Okay, I'll actually probably play this then. Player driven story and what seems like respect from the dev team for the players? Yes. Okay, I'm officially excited.

Karoht
2012-02-24, 10:21 AM
My point exactly haha.

Wiki link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huxley_(video_game))

Interesting. Huxley is/was from the same people backing Red 5 Studios. Namely The9.
Some interesting connections going on behinds the scenes with the companies involved in Firefall.

@F2P FPS MMO
Yeah, this seems to really have a trifecta of great features. I want more info!

I was snooping around their forums for a bit. Apparently they've got pictures of the other two classes floating around somewhere but I have yet to track them down.