PDA

View Full Version : Negative Level Adjustments

XenoZiden
2012-02-23, 12:19 PM
I need to get -3 LA legally in a pathfinder game that's allowing 3.5 material.

Young is a Possibility but I still need another -2 LA

Anyone know a good way to get that?

Darrin
2012-02-23, 12:39 PM
Young is a Possibility but I still need another -2 LA

Incarnate Construct from Savage Species has -2 LA. It's kinda a wonky template, though.

I can't recall exactly if there's an easy way to change your type to construct without any LA. Effigy Creature maybe?

XenoZiden
2012-02-23, 12:45 PM
The incarnate was something I considered but It doesn't fit with the Flavor of my character. Normally I'd get get an easy -2 and take a 1LA but it's a gestalt with LA's applying to both sides.

Mystify
2012-02-23, 12:47 PM
Incarnate Construct from Savage Species has -2 LA. It's kinda a wonky template, though.

I can't recall exactly if there's an easy way to change your type to construct without any LA. Effigy Creature maybe?

Warforged. However, the template specifically states LA -2(minimum zero). Whether that LA adjustment only buys off the LA from the construct base(which for a warforged would be 0), or if LA from other sources can also be negated is fuzzy.

Odd quirk: Despite no longer being a consruct, an incanrate construct warforged keeps the living constuct subtype, and hence keeps those attributes.

Rubik
2012-02-23, 01:27 PM
Warforged. However, the template specifically states LA -2(minimum zero). Whether that LA adjustment only buys off the LA from the construct base(which for a warforged would be 0), or if LA from other sources can also be negated is fuzzy.

Odd quirk: Despite no longer being a consruct, an incanrate construct warforged keeps the living constuct subtype, and hence keeps those attributes.Unless there are other changes as well, the only thing this does is make you count as humanoid for the purposes of spells and effects (and you would be humanoid [warforged]), and for prereqs that require the humanoid type.

And the only bane weapons that work against you would be raptor arrows, unless the DM houseruled.

CTrees
2012-02-23, 01:53 PM
Some say young can be taken multiple times. Also, while Drunk makes perfect sense for NPC encounters, it's... a little wonky for a PC. Young, Young, (forever) Drunk would get you to -3LA, just within PF. Depending on the build... play it as an Irish baby?

seriously guys, I'm sorry about the stereortype, but the mental image of a brutally stereotyped, drunken baby with a terrible Irish accent, tossing around fireballs, just amused me too much not to post.

Rubik
2012-02-23, 02:03 PM
Some say young can be taken multiple times. Also, while Drunk makes perfect sense for NPC encounters, it's... a little wonky for a PC. Young, Young, (forever) Drunk would get you to -3LA, just within PF. Depending on the build... play it as an Irish baby?

seriously guys, I'm sorry about the stereortype, but the mental image of a brutally stereotyped, drunken baby with a terrible Irish accent, tossing around fireballs, just amused me too much not to post.Baby Herman? (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_E2Wa1M6x1fI/Sm2iied6v2I/AAAAAAAADSs/swJcp1CMSok/s400/baby%2Bherman.bmp)