PDA

View Full Version : mortal to werewolf

Shinizak
2012-02-23, 01:18 PM
Well since I was told this was the place to ask:

I'm running a nWoD game starting with mortals that live in San Diego, and I want to eventually have the game to introduce the characters to werewolf the forsaken. I was wondering if any of you had any story ideas for the mortals becoming involved in werewolf politics.

any others would be a wonderful help, thank you! =D

bigstipidfighte
2012-02-23, 05:32 PM
The most direct way would be to have werewolves investigating he same spirit activity as the PCs, but I'm assuming you're looking for something a little more subtle than that, so here's what comes to my mind-

Wolf-blooded are the natural link between werewolves and regular humans, so consider coming at it from that angle. What if an established NPC the characters have come to know and trust is wolf blooded?

The plucky reporter who investigates rumors of hauntings and cults, and once passed on some information to the players just in time to save one of the PCs sweet little cousin Jessie from ritual assassination? He witnesses a werewolf discorporate a wayward spirit and, because of his blood ties, remembers just enough of the incident to be a problem for the Uratha. Alternatively, cousin Jessie herself might share a measure of the blood, and find herself with an unsettling suitor who refuses to give up, even after she files a restraining order.

A loci could be located in or near one of the PCs home or workplace, causing them to be curious about the unsettling strangers who pass by almost every day.

When the PCs do meet a werewolf face to face, either after some investigation or mere coincidence, don't give it's nature up right away. Most werewolves pass for human pretty well, so present them as such, but give subtle hints. Even in human form a werewolf might frequently sniff the air, stare challengingly into the PCs eyes during conversation, and similar. At the risk of sounding cliche, you might even flat-out tell them they have a bad feeling about this person, since that's the reaction werewolves tend to give off. If the players decide to investigate further, they might eventually witness a werewolf's sudden disappearance when it crosses into the shadow world, or see them heal instantly from a cut.

chaotician375
2012-02-29, 10:38 AM
Or maybe the PCs are wolf blooded and don't know it (not all wolf blooded individuals under go the first change, some never find out at all) Some werewolf groups maintain open relationships with Nuzusl and work with them, especially in urban areas where risking death rage is a supremely bad idea.

Selrahc
2012-03-02, 10:02 AM
The Pure are a lot less picky about keeping what they do secret. The Predator Kings take humans as mates by rite of conquest. The Ivory Claws are rampant genealogists/eugenicists breeding lines of purity into the mortal stock they call their own, with the trusted elders being directly involved with werewolves. Since about 60-75% of werewolves are Pure... that's a lot of the potential for human interactions.

Forsaken are much more skittish. The general rule is that no human will know about the werewolf life, beyond some very vague and general things. However, werewolves frequently lapse. They have families and loved ones, and feel connections to them(even if a more utilitarian approach to breeding partners is encouraged). It is not unreasonable that friends and families are told, which provides a window for players to learn either directly or indirectly. Probably with a great degree of misinformation.

The enemies of werewolves are another avenue. Hunters might be recruiting local talent and explaining the threat to a handful of elite prospective members. Perhaps the hunters are working alongside some werewolves and against others(Pure/Forsaken) giving a route to some interaction between players and werewolf politics. In a similar vein, Vampires or Mages can also do the same thing. Perhaps recruiting mortals as easily duped catspaws to deal with wolves at arms length.

Spirits and the cleanup from their activities can be another angle. If somebody is spirit claimed or urged, the Werewolves are probably the ones cleaning it up. If someone steps through a verge, and spends time wandering the spirit world by accident they may start interaction with werewolves. Shamans and other minor magicians may be able to interact with spirits and hear tell of ferocious werebeasts that tear them up and spoil their fun.