PDA

View Full Version : Do Druids Retain Buffs in Wildshape?

milothethief
2012-02-23, 02:09 PM
Hello there--first post!

My question is regarding D&D 3.5, where a druid regularly casts Luminescent Armor. For the love of all that is Pelor, I cannot seem to find out whether or not he will retain his Luminescent Armor once he turns into an animal.

Could anyone point me toward the right rules? Thank you! Pelor bless you!

Ernir
2012-02-23, 02:21 PM
Using Wildshape does not dispel spells that may be active on the target.

As for Luminous Armor specifically, it looks like a suit of armor, but it isn't one, so there shouldn't be any issues with the "armor" melding into the Druid's new form.
I'd flavor it as the spell's appearance changing to that of barding appropriate to the new form.

McClintock
2012-02-23, 02:22 PM
A spell is cast on a person's body, therefore I would say it stays with the body, no matter the form. SO i would say it still works. I can find nothing in the SRD that disallows this from happening.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-23, 02:25 PM
There's no reason why not.

In fact, even with spells that depend on types, there'd be no reason why they might even possible be cancelled, because Druids explicitly keep their type when they Wild Shape.

Psyren
2012-02-23, 02:28 PM
The general rule is that a spell stays in effect until its duration ends. Nothing in Wild Shape contradicts the general rule, therefore it applies.

In addition, Wild Shape does not change your creature type, so even spells that would be incompatible with your new form (e.g. someone casts Charm Person on you, then you wild shape into a bear) stay in effect.

milothethief
2012-02-23, 02:30 PM
Okay! Thanks everyone!