PDA

View Full Version : The World Of Aeourn *WIP*

ArlEammon
2012-02-23, 02:51 PM
The Theons:
Theon =
A nominal god that is worshiped by humans and others out of pure chance, luck, and superstition. Theons are not gods but rather beings that have immensely great power. At least one, Cthulhu, is a so called-deity that has become confined to this reality by a combination of failed wars, and one tragic (for him) mistake.

In this setting, Monotheists have it correct that only one God exists, but for the sake of mechanics, Clerics can exist that aren't really Clerics in any real life sense of the word, and divine magic exists, but Clerics are instead more akin to philosophers and ascetics who gain power from certain narrow focuses, like Sorcerers and Specialized mages.

I have come up with 8 Theons so far, but I"m looking to expand them up to 12 Theons.

Dahak : Theon of Summoning and Destruction. (And thus Conjuration And Evocation)

Cthulhu : Theon of Xenotheurgy (Alienist magic) and Madness

Oberon : The Theon of Wild Nature, and Elves

Ymir : The Theon of Death and Winter

Demiurge : The Theon of Making

Gaia : The Theon of The Elemental Forces

Tiamat : The Theon of Chaos, and War

Yggdrasil: The Theon of Knowledge and Wisdom

Omeganaut
2012-02-29, 03:03 PM
You definitely need a Theon of protection and government, a Theon of new life (possibly death as well), and a Theon of freedom and self-reliance. Oberon could also control animals or plantlife, and Tiamat could take strength under his umbrella as well. I couldn't really tell you more without knowing more about your setting.