PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] DM Shennanigans, part 2

Hyde
2012-02-23, 02:52 PM
Hyde again, with another scenario to pitch to the forum.
We're still playing that Pathfinder+3.5 splatbooks game, and the DM has decided that all of the magic item bonuses from the 3.5 stuff somehow need to be typed according to the spell used to craft the item. Apparently the things from the PF core have slipped past this scrutiny, but a few examples.

A Armor Crystal of mind cloaking now provides a +5 resistance bonus against charms, etc (effectively rendering it useless, in my opinion).

A Crystal Mask of Mindarmor is a morale bonus (which we're mostly fine with, if only because we can make him choke on the spell our Oracle has that doubles morale bonuses)

There have been a few other things, and it's getting to the point where I'm considering asking if I should change the bonus type from the boots and cloak of elvenkind to untyped instead of a competence bonus, as per the invisibility spell used to make them (Though honestly I'd say that +20 to stealth is a circumstance bonus- the circumstance of you being invisible)

For anyone who's played 3.5 and not looked into pathfinder (or I guess 4e) Hide and Move Silently are the same check now, Stealth (In case anyone was mildly confused).

Thoughts?

Eonir
2012-02-23, 04:00 PM
Makes sense I guess, but makes a lot of magic items useless.

Hyde
2012-02-23, 04:36 PM
Makes sense I guess, but makes a lot of magic items useless.

Yeah, that's my general impression "I see where you're coming from, but what the hell?"