PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] What order should I take these Feats?

Adamantrue
2012-02-23, 02:52 PM
Me and a buddy are trying to make some "Baseline" Characters for playtesting Homebrew stuff. At the moment, we are working on a Warrior-Type Class.

For the purposes of properly balancing it, we want to test it against a Warblade, a Barbarian, and a Fighter. Each run will be at levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20. Standard Point Buy, allowing up to 2 Traits or Flaws.

Right now I'm working on the Fighter, and mainly focused on the Feat selection (though there are a few key pieces of equipment I want to pick up along the way). It'll be a Dwarf, with stats of Str 15, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 8, Cha 6.

The main problem I'm having is the order in which to take the Feats. I know pretty much what I want the final result to look like (with a little wiggle room to spare, not sure which direction I want to go with them yet), but I'm trying to find the right order to take them. I don't want to only have the Prerequisite Feats at Levels 1 & 5 and have everything just start to "kick in" at level 10.

What's the best order to gain the following Feats, from 1 through to 20?

Combat Brute
Combat Expertise
Combat Reflexes
Dodge (Expeditious Dodge?)
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Spiked Chain
Hold the Line
Improved Buckler Defense
Improved Bull Rush
Improved Sunder
Improved Trip
Improved Unarmed Strike
Karmic Strike
Leap Attack
Overpowering Attack (ACF from PH2)
Power Attack
Shock Trooper
Snap Kick

I'm considering Meager Fortitude & Vulnerable as Flaws to get more of them earlier, and to free up a little room to diversify a little. That'd give me 3 more Feats to play with by the end, and I'm also trying to decide between Resolute, Armor of God, Defensive Throw, Martial Study (or 2), Martial Stance (if I do grab Martial Study), and a few others (though those are the stand outs right now).