PDA

View Full Version : lvl 15 enchanted weapons...

elvengunner69
2012-02-23, 07:54 PM
What are some good examples at lvl 15?

Specifically for

Rangers, Clerics, Paladins (and/or Crusaders), & Druids

Would +5 be about right? Also what would be good 'bonus' powers? Like disruption for Maces?

Diarmuid
2012-02-23, 08:01 PM
A +5 weapon would encompass 1/4 of a 15th level PC's wealth.

A combination of enhancement and enchantment totaling +5 wouldnt seem out of place to me.

The enchantments themselves are largely dependent on the build and intention of the PC's themselves.

A druid and cleric would likely be better suited with some other form of magic item, with the exception being a DMM cleric who melee's a lot.

Averis Vol
2012-02-23, 08:04 PM
look at Wealth by level in the dmg, pick out a +( ) and choose an item based off the build i guess, theres no really staple item for each class. though i guess you could go with a beastshape ironwood breastplate for druid, a holy avenger for a paladin or a seeking collision bow for a ranger. for clerics it depends on the build seeing as they can do so much.

elvengunner69
2012-02-23, 08:07 PM
Sorry I should have explained - they are getting these on 'loan' from a wealthy religious order who is asking them to deal with a powerful Death Knight.

Diarmuid
2012-02-23, 08:13 PM
So you're looking for generic good items for ~lvl 15 that would generally be appropriate for those classes, as opposed to items specifically tailored to them?

elvengunner69
2012-02-23, 08:26 PM
So you're looking for generic good items for ~lvl 15 that would generally be appropriate for those classes, as opposed to items specifically tailored to them?

Let me get more specific then lol...

Four players...

Druid Saint of Obad-Hai NG (lvl 13)
Cleric 5/Church Inquisitor 10 – LG follows Boccob
Cleric 7/Radiant Servant of Pelor 6/Hierophant 2 – LG follows Pelor
Paladin 7/Divine Crusader 8 CG follows that Corellon Larethian

Diarmuid
2012-02-23, 08:34 PM
So you do want items tailored to them, or no? You really didnt answer the question.

And while their class breakdown and patron deities helps, it doesnt really give any sense of their builds...well the PrC's give more direction...but I'm more thinking the Druid and Paladin could be built in many different ways making specific items/enchantments better/worse.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I just dont want to throw some stuff out and then you're looking at it trying to figure out how a Merciful Quarterstaff +3 helps the druid who spends all his time shapeshifted and casting spells.

elvengunner69
2012-02-23, 08:40 PM
That's fine - I guess I don't know 100% as this is our first session. Past history the person playing the Druid has mentioned the shape changing aspects of being a Druid.

The guy playing the Cleric/Inquisitor has in past done lots of fighting Cleric builds

The guy playing Cleric/Radiant Servant/etc has usually played casters so I'm guessing he'll stay true to type.

And the Paladin/DC likes to slash & smash things...

Diarmuid
2012-02-23, 09:03 PM
Do they have to be weapons, or can they be other types of items? The druid especially would have trouble getting any benefit from a weapon if they shapeshift a lot.

A +3 Holy weapon would probably fit the Paladin. A Holy Avenger is within the WBL for a 15th level PC, but is about 60% of complete WBL. I know you said these are gifts, but I dont know how potent you want them to be.

Averis Vol
2012-02-23, 10:14 PM
i still suggest the beast shape either dragonhide or iron wood breastplate for the druid, if the clerics a caster this is a bit harder, if he was melee ide suggest a +1 blessed collision impact heavy mace, so ill suggest that for the other cleric (if he has better proficiencys i dont know about tailor them to it) and for the caster cleric i can suggest a rod of quicken, its a bit higher then a +5 weapon but still fits in with WBL, the paladin i say a +3 holy surge (because holy's ptoo stale even for a common paladin player like myself) Longsword. all of this stuff is either in the dmg or in the MiC, hope it helps.