PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Rabbit(like) Monsters?

Thurbane
2012-02-24, 12:34 AM
Does anyone know of any rabbit-like monsters in 3.X?

The only one I'm coming up with is the Al Miraj (http://creaturecatalog.enworld.org/cc/converted/magical_beast/al-mi_raj.htm), which AFAIK never got an "official" 3.X update...

For a bit of a gag adventure I want to DM at some point.

Preferably actual rabbit-like creatures, and not existing creatures re-fluffed, although I'll look at that option too.

Cheers - T

Togath
2012-02-24, 02:01 AM
Pathfinder has a version of the al miraj, though I cant remember if it's one of the 3rd party pf creatures or a standard pf monster, You could also use awakened rabbits(made with the awaken spell)

The-Mage-King
2012-02-24, 02:29 AM
There's the Pathfinder wolf in sheep's clothing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/wolf-in-sheep-s-clothing)...

Psyren
2012-02-24, 08:51 AM
If you're open to homebrew, I think someone statted out the M:TG Kamigawa races at some point, including the rabbit-like Soratami.

Arbane
2012-02-24, 03:53 PM
I remember back on UseNet, someone statted up a basic rabbit, then came up with a bunch of adventure-worthy variants. I don't have stats, but they shouldn't be hard to fake up. Here's a few:

Dire Rabbit: They're really big rabbits. Not TOO dangerous, except they can devastate your garden and have a nasty kick.

Hasenbuck: Females look like normal jackrabbits, males have antlers. (They're jackalopes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackalope).) The males are aggressively territorial during the mating season.

Fire Rabbits: The Elemental Plane of Fire's rabbit-analogue. On the Prime, they cause wildfires. Salamanders think they're good eatin'.

Blink Bunnies: Rabbits with a blink-dog's teleportation powers. Mostly harmless, but practically uncatchable.

Vorpal Bunnies: Vicious, supernatually-powerful carnivorous rabbits. Always male, the first one in a litter to open its eyes kills and eats all the others and its mother, which is the main reason they haven't overrun all other life. (Based, obviously, on Monty Python's Killer Rabbit.)

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2012-02-25, 12:52 AM
Vorpal Bunnies: Vicious, supernatually-powerful carnivorous rabbits. Always male, the first one in a litter to open its eyes kills and eats all the others and its mother, which is the main reason they haven't overrun all other life. (Based, obviously, on Monty Python's Killer Rabbit.)Required for all QFG4 settings

Also the Giant Destructive HamsterRabbit of Overwhelming Cuteness to counter your CoDzill

Rubik
2012-02-25, 01:02 PM
Required for all QFG4 settings

Also the Giant Destructive HamsterRabbit of Overwhelming Cuteness to counter your CoDzillOff-topic, but I'm curious: why do you never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever actually finish your posts?

some guy
2012-02-25, 01:20 PM
Dire Rabbit: They're really big rabbits. Not TOO dangerous, except they can devastate your garden and have a nasty kick.

One my players once almost died by a dire rabbit (refluffed dire weasel). That was fun.

drew2u
2012-02-25, 01:34 PM
you could throw in a deer-sized jackalope for kicks-n-giggles.

Psyren
2012-02-25, 01:57 PM
Off-topic, but I'm curious: why do you never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever actually finish your posts?

I assume that at some point during his unholy experiments with optimization, he inadvertently fused with Candlejack; either that or he's posting through a persisted Bli

Seffbasilisk
2012-02-25, 02:24 PM
Well, I don't know if it was converted to 3.5, but there's always the concept of the Vizzerdrix.

http://magiccards.info/scans/en/7e/110.jpg

ShriekingDrake
2012-02-25, 09:33 PM
Only because it had to be referenced, Doc!

15th-level illusionist
Warner Bros.
BUGS BUNNY
ALIGNMENT: Chaotic Good
HIT POINTS: 125
ARMOR CLASS: -4
NO. OF ATTACKS:
equal to ½ opponent’s intelligence score
DAMAGE/ATTACK: 1-4
HIT BONUS: NilMOVE: 24
PSIONIC ABILITY: 300
Attack/Defense Modes:
None/Tower of Iron Will
STRENGTH: 16
INTELLIGENCE: 18
WISDOM: 16
DEXTERITY: 24
CONSTITUTION: 20
CHARISMA: 15
Translated from The Baleful Bestiary, pub. Darokin, 14327
A.F.: Though many speculate upon the origins of this strange being, none know for certain. Some say that he is the last of the race of Lepus Sapiens (and good riddance!), while others be- lieve him to be a native of the Plane of Kartuwin, where there is no death, and objects have but two dimensions. Only Bugs Bunny knows for sure, and he won’t give anybody a straight answer!

Whatever the origin of the Long-Eared One, his powers are might and manifold. A classing of 15-level illusionist is really only an approximation, as he does not seem to cast spells as such, but uses them as innate magical powers. The Bunny makes great use of alter reality, mass suggestion, major and minor creation, confusion, suggestion, and change self. Victims of his suggestion spells save at -6 due to the spells’ potency.

Bugs’ creation spells seem to be used primarily for the manufacture of red sputtering cylinders that explode in a 120’ radius, blackening all in the area plus stunning for 1-4 rounds (a suc- cessful save vs. dragon breath will negate stun effects). These cylinders are often concealed inside other objects that charac- ters may desire, usually gifts.

In addition to these illusionist abilities, Bugs regenerates 5 points per round, and can dodge missiles and spells like a 9th-level monk. If concealed from the eyes of characters by a window, doorway, hole in the ground, etc., Bugs can dimension door to a similar portal nearby once/round. He then usually waves and calls, “Yoo-hoo!” Also, though there is no proof, some sages assert that it is just plain impossible to kill Bugs.

Bugs owns a lamp that contains a djinni named Smokey. This djinni is summoned by rubbing the lamp, but if Smokey is sum- moned more than twice in one day, woe to the summoner and anyone else in the vicinity!

Bugs Bunny stands 5’ tall (6’ counting his ears). He is a slim, gray-featured humanoid, with huge front teeth and a fluffy white cottontail. He is usually munching on a carrot, and addresses all and sundry by a term usually reserved for members of the medical profession. Bugs wishes only to be left alone to do exactly as he please. Those who persistently disturb him suffer for it, for on them he unleashes his greatest power, that of infuriation. When Bugs is using this natural power, all within 30’ must save vs. spells every round they are within the area. If they succumb, they will become totally enraged and will attack the wabbit with the most direct and most foolish method possible, making whatever mistakes they can. If a character becomes infuriated and stays within the area for 4 rounds or more, he or she will suffer a nervous breakdown and be out of play for 1-4 weeks, gibbering, saying, “B’d’daaa, b’d’daaa, b’d’daa..." — LJS

From Dragon Magazine 48.5

Melayl
2012-02-25, 11:24 PM
After the Monty Python rabbit, my first thought was rabbits from the B movie "Night of the Lepus" - wolf to cow-sized carnivorous bunnies...

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2012-02-26, 03:10 PM
After the Monty Python rabbit, my first thought was rabbits from the B movie "Night of the Lepus" - wolf to cow-sized carnivorous bunnies...The best bunny monsters are gaint adorable herbivores who hippidy hoppidy all over your metropolis and thus squish buildings and people. Think Rampage without the usual male gaming aspect.

Off-topic, but I'm curious: why do you never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever actually finish your posts?Unholy optimization experiments aside, there was this one time when I fully expressed myself but it was read by one of the site's mo