PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] Pleasure From Pain: a Collection of Sadomasochist Feats (PEACH)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-02-24, 08:26 PM
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5
Pleasure From Pain
A Collection of Psychopath Feats

I have here a collection of feats designed for characters who derive pleasure from pain, whether it be the pain of others, or the pain they themselves experience. Whether you are crafting a sadomasochistic villain or a bloodthirsty anti-hero, these feets will help you achieve a truly memorable character.

NOTE: I don't play D&D 3.5 anymore. Mostly because I prefer AD&D. I do, however, enjoy homebrewing for it. This means that none of these feats are play-tested, and therefore are not guaranteed to be balanced.

That being said, I do have a pretty decent eye for balance, and I doubt any of them will be wildly overpowered or underpowered. I am also open to second opinions, so if you see anything broken, I would love it if you were to tell me.

Supreme Masochism
To you, pain registers as pleasure.
Benefit: You are immune to pain effects. In addition, you gain DR 1/- for every 8 points of Constitution you possess.

Paingasm
Bursts of agony propell you into a state of groaning ecstasy.
Prerequisite: Supreme Masochism feat, Constitution 13.
Benefit: Whenever you take an amount of damage equal to one third you maximum hit points or higher, or are targeted by a pain effect, you gain damage reduction 5/- and a +2 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls until the end of your next turn.

The Delicious Smell of Blood
You enjoy the smell of blood, and have perfected the art of finishing off injured foes.
Prerequisite: Base Attack Bonus +1.
Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against foes who are at fewer than half maximum hit points. In addition, you can use your sense of smell to pinpoint the location of all exposed blood within a 50' radius, which is good for doing things such as finding wounded victims who are hiding, or fighting while blinded.

Chuckling Slaughter
You cackle at the agony of your victims as you murder them in sickening ways.
Prerequisite: Base Attack Bonus +3.
Benefit: Whenever you score a critical hit that does not reduce the target to 0 hit points or fewer, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls, and a +2 bonus to damage rolls and saving throws until the end of your next turn.

Back Scratcher
Chortling, the shed the skin on your victim's back, causing acute pain.
Prerequisite: Base Attack Bonus +5.
Benefit: Whenever you score a critical hit against a creature you are flanking, that creature becomes staggered for 1d4 turns.

Agony Feul
Before battle, you cut yourself, and use the pain to fuel your fury.
Prerequisite: Base Attack Bonus +7.
Benefit: As a full-round action, you can use any sharp object you are holding to inflict 4d4 points of damage on yourself. For every 4 points of damage dealt this way, you gain DR 2/- for 1 minute.

JoshuaZ
2012-02-24, 10:14 PM
[CENTER][B]Dungeons &
[SIZE="4"]Supreme Masochism
To you, pain registers as pleasure.
Benefit: You are immune to pain effects. In addition, you gain DR 1/- for every 8 points of Constitution you possess.

Pain effect isn't a well-defined 3.5 term. You may want to clarify. I have seen wording before that says something like "this means any effect that is described as working by causing pain" or something like that. This applies to a few of the other feats.

Paingasm
Bursts of agony propell you into a state of groaning ecstasy.
Prerequisite: Supreme Masochism feat, Constitution 13.
Benefit: Whenever you take an amount of damage equal to one third you maximum hit points or higher, or are targeted by a pain effect, you gain damage reduction 5/- and a +2 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls until the end of your next turn.

You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against foes who are at fewer than half maximum hit points. In addition, you can use your sense of smell to pinpoint the location of all exposed blood within a 50' radius, which is good for doing things such as finding wounded victims who are hiding, or fighting while blinded.

Does this apply to opponents without blood such as some types of undead or constructs?

Chuckling Slaughter
You cackle at the agony of your victims as you murder them in sickening ways.
Prerequisite: Base Attack Bonus +3.
Benefit: Whenever you score a critical hit that does not reduce the target to 0 hit points or fewer, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls, and a +2 bonus to damage rolls and saving throws until the end of your next turn.

Chortling, the shed the skin on your victim's back, causing acute pain.

Should the first "the" be "you"?

Considering how many ways there are already to increase the chance of getting a critical hit, I'm worried this might not be balanced. Maybe allow them a fortitude save against the damage dealt?

[quote]Agony Feul.

Fuel.

Overall, I like these. They are flavorful and seem to be balanced. I'd be curious to see similar feats that work in similar contexts, like maybe versions that help spellcasters.