PDA

View Full Version : Antagonism (Duke Kelgar Hayeth)

Leewei
2012-02-25, 12:36 AM
Year 1 of your great reign
You have 4 seasons
You have 3 gold

You are in Lesharun, the City of Smoke. Brimstone fumes choke the weak peasants toiling in the fields near the city.

Presences
You sense no other influences in this location.

Advantages
Stronghold (applies to all Trials in this location)

Features
High Court

Available Minions
Scout (Mortal, Explorer, 2GP)
Soldier (Mortal, 1GP)
Courtier (Mortal, Noble, 3GP)

Routes
A paved road leads somewhere unknown.
There are no other routes from this location.

Actions
You have recruited a Soldier and bound him to your will. (no cost)
Travel along the paved road (1 season) - Blackguard Trial (*)
Curry favor with nobles (1 season, 2gp) - Tyrant Trial (+)
Impose a new tax for the glory of your rule (1 season, 2gp) - Tyrant Trial (+)

+ Indicates advantage due to Skill.
* Indicates advantage due to Route.

Doc Kraken
2012-02-25, 11:57 AM
“Your Grace?”

The Duke turned away from the window. A thin, weasely-looking man stood in the doorway to his study, twisting a shapeless cap in his hands. So this was the new outrider.

“I’m sure the peasants would be grateful to know what all the extra taxes went toward. Still, they’d probably be happier than they were with the lava canal through the lower market.” Hayeth murmured. The outrider looked up, puzzled.

“I’m sorry, sir?”

“Don’t worry about it. You’ll need every ounce of your mental acuity for the task ahead…Belson, was it?”

“Yes, your Grace.”

“Right. Belson, I want you to go find Captain Varas and his men. I expect they’re asleep at this hour, feel free to wake him. You are to lead them down the paved road, and report your findings to me as soon as possible. It’s time I began to put this world in its place.”

(Spending Spring raising taxes, then I'll recruit a Scout in Summer, band him with the Soldier, and send them to travel along the paved road.)

Leewei
2012-02-25, 12:38 PM
Year 1 Results
You spend 1 season`(3 remain)
You spend 2gp (1 remain)
You gain an 1gp (2 remain)
You spend 2gp (0 remain)
You gain some skill as a Tyrant
You succeed in imposing your tax
Lesharun now has a Tribute feature
Scouting Band formed (4 seasons remain)
Belson joins the Scouting Band (3 seasons remain)
Captain Varas joins the Scouting Band (3 seasons remain)
Scouting Band moves to Hayeth's Crucible (3 seasons remain)
You gain knowledge of a new location (Hayeth's Crucible)
Scouting Band was unsuccessful Hayeth's Crucible (2 seasons remain)

You sense your minions as they strive against the harsh wasteland. The feeble men make little progress, frustrating you. Sensing your ire, they instinctively fall to the rough basalt, abasing themselves to you. At least the tools know their place.

Doc Kraken
2012-02-25, 05:46 PM
"Keep scouting, you worms! It's to your advantage, really. I'm sure the wasteland outside the city gets quite cold over the winter, to say nothing of the lack of food. Just imagine how hard life would be if I made you stay out there."

Duke Hayeth ended the spell with a quick mental command before returning his attention to the throne room. The members of Lesharun's merchant guild stood quaking before him. Slavers, racketeers, confidence men, and those damned weavers. Their kind knew to fear him. He favored them with a frosty smile.

"Now, gentlemen, as I'm sure you are aware, there are several other fees and duties to consider besides the new Superiority Tax..."

(I'll spend fall retrying the scouting band's exploration, then use winter to extort Lesharun.)

Leewei
2012-02-26, 01:10 AM
The band's exploration actually takes no real amount of your time.

Year 1 Results
You spend 1 season`(3 remain)
You spend 2gp (1 remain)
You gain an 1gp (2 remain)
You spend 2gp (0 remain)
You gain some skill as a Tyrant
You succeed in imposing your tax
Lesharun now has a Tribute feature
Scouting Band formed (4 seasons remain)
Belson joins the Scouting Band (3 seasons remain)
Captain Varas joins the Scouting Band (3 seasons remain)
Scouting Band moves to Hayeth's Crucible (3 seasons remain)
You gain knowledge of a new location (Hayeth's Crucible)
Scouting Band was unsuccessful exploring Hayeth's Crucible (2 seasons remain)
Scouting Band has located a tribe of Stone Sprites in Hayeth's Crucible (1 season remains)
You spend a season extorting gold from local merchants (2 seasons remain)
You gain 1gp (1gp remains)
You have extorted 1gp from local merchants (2gp remains)

As you take your scented bath, the elation of your Minions draws your thoughts away from your situation. As they travel through the wastes, backtracking and occasionally losing their way, they manage to spot a band of irregularly-formed stony shapes that can only with charity be called humanoid. The large creatures club each other with large, hard limbs, striking sparks but not apparently harming each other. They appear to be fighting over large crystals - perhaps gems?

Doc Kraken
2012-02-26, 01:32 AM
One season left, eh?

Kelgar shot forth from his tub, soaking the room in water as mental gears turned. Either these creatures were made of an exceptionally resilient material, or their arms were stuffed with something that would make an excellent stuffing for the palace pillows. Given their appearance, he would bank on the former. The Duke relayed swift mental commands to Varas, ordering him to attempt to make peaceful contact with the strange beasts if possible. He grinned as he imagined enemy arrows bouncing off of their stoney hides. Striding from the bath chamber, he yanked on a velvet cord hanging from the ceiling. An impeccably-dressed servant materialized almost instantly.

"Have the heralds convene my court." He snapped. "I'll need their unquestioning obedience soon enough. Best to root out any dissent at once."

"Very good, your Grace." The servant intoned. "Will you require your robes of state first?"

"...yes." The Duke replied. "Now, if not sooner."

If possible, I'd like the scouting band to attempt to establish contact with the stone sprites and discover why they have gone to war with each other. Also spending 2 gp to curry favor with the nobility (by brutally murdering the troublemakers, of course)

Leewei
2012-02-26, 07:42 PM
Your Minion proves incapable of making peaceful contact (no season spent -- the idiot is clearly clueless about even basic diplomacy).

I'll be resolving actions in-thread. Once you get the swing of things, you can feel free to do likewise:

Currying favor
Antagonist: [roll0]
Stronghold: [roll1]
Tyrant: [roll2]

You spend 2gp (0gp remain).
You gain some skill as a Tyrant.
You gain 1gp (1gp remains).
You gain some favor. You now have the ability Favored, which will come into play next year.

Doc Kraken
2012-02-26, 10:47 PM
As I count it, that puts me out of seasons for the first year (raise taxes, travel, extortion, and curry favor), correct?

Leewei
2012-02-26, 10:49 PM
Correct. You can recall your band to your city if you wish, but there's little benefit to it. I'll have year 2 up later tonight.

Doc Kraken
2012-02-26, 11:06 PM
Do believe they'll spend the winter sitting out in the cold. They were warned.

Leewei
2012-02-27, 01:48 AM
Year 2
[roll0] On a 1+:
Scout (Mortal, Explorer, 2GP)
On a 3+, instead gain:
Scout (Mortal, Explorer, 1GP)

[roll1] On a 1+:
Soldier (Mortal, 1GP)
On a 3+, instead gain:
Veteran (Mortal, Experienced, 3GP)

The Experienced ability grants an advantage in Combat trials.

[roll2] On a 1+:
Courtier (Mortal, Noble, 3GP)
On a 3+, instead gain:
Courtier (Mortal, Noble, 2GP)

Doc Kraken
2012-02-27, 08:08 AM
(Well, who needs scouts anyway? :smalltongue:)

Duke Hayeth stood at the gates of his palace, watching the new captain exhort his men. They certainly looked quite impressive, clad head-to-toe in patterned steel. He stalked across the courtyard as the man finished his speech.

"...beneath our boots! You are the Duke's finest, and none will stand before us!"

"Not bad, Captain Jenks. Could use a bit more emphasis on the 'servants of an invincible godlike conqueror' angle, but it's your first day. I'll let it slide. Have one of these men fetch my horse."

Jenks gasped. "Y-your Grace! I didn't noti...I...are you seeing us off, your Grace?"

"What? No, don't be dense. I know you aren't paid to think, but that's taking it a bit too far. I'll be going with you. Varas has proven himself less than competent, and I prefer not to take chances." Kelgar plucked a heavy flail from the terrified hands of a soldier and gave it a few practice swings. "Not bad, think I'll borrow it. We should have the courtyard walk re-graveled for the summer."

(Conscripting another soldier, then banding him with the Duke. They'll both set out on the road, band with Varas and Benson, and attack the stone sprites. I'll let you handle it as I'm not entirely sure what, if any, advantages the soldiers get in combat.)

Leewei
2012-02-27, 09:14 AM
Soldiers get no innate advantages. They're cheap cannon fodder, but can be enhanced in various ways.

Since the Stone Sprites have no advantage over you, you will win the melee encounter.

Your Seduction ability also enables another action here. You can attempt to Corrupt these creatures (1 season, 3gp). This would enable you to potentially recruit one each year (2gp), were you to succeed.

Doc Kraken
2012-02-27, 09:35 AM
Ooh...didn't think that worked on wandering monster types. Ah well, already went and I don't think I have the gold anyway. Might as well go to town on the statuary and have Benson explore the place. Will keep it in mind for the future, though...

Kelgar let out a triumphant laugh as he stood over the half-broken form of a stone sprite. The flail thrummed ominously as he whirled it overhead.

"Hah! Is that the best you things can do? I can't believe I even considered recruiting you. You should be paying me for putting you out of your misery."

The twinkle of a crystal caught his eye, and he brought the flail down on the creature's head.

"Spoke too soon. Thank you for your generosity, I'll keep it in mind when deciding what part of the walls to reinforce with your remains. Captain Varas!"

The soldier hurried over, breathing heavily. One of his eyes had swollen shut and his helmet was dented. Evidently the sprites had caused him a few more difficulties - unsurprising, really. Before he could speak, the Duke waved him into silence.

"No, don't spoil the moment. Get these crystals out of the ground and packed away, I'll be bringing them with me on the return trip. And have someone pull Belson out of whatever rock he's hiding under. I'll need this area well-charted now that it's part of my empire."

(Mercilessly crush the stone sprites, harvest the crystals and have Belson take another look around for routes from the Crucible, then have the Duke split from the band and return to Lesharun. That puts me at fall, right?)

Leewei
2012-02-27, 11:01 AM
That it does. You have a sackful of valuable-looking crystals to sell, which takes you no real time.

Relevant advantages
Antagonist
Stronghold
Skill

[roll0]

Gain 1gp.
On a 1+, gain an additional 2gp.
On a 3+, gain an additional 2gp.

Doc Kraken
2012-02-27, 02:21 PM
No luck on the exploring? Well, he's not going anywhere, he can just keep at it! Brute force conquers all!

Cheerful and only slightly nervous laughter filled the air of the study as Kelgar drained his glass, studying the new Viscount of Hayeth's Crucible. The man's enormous mustache was stained with wine and his red face was so bright it could have illuminated the room, but he would wager there were gears turning in his skull even now. Especially now. Briefly, he considered opening it up and examining them before dismissing the idea as counterproductive. Where would he find a replacement toady on such short notice?

"May your reign last a thousand years and more, your Grace!" The man bellowed. "The house of Gevraes owes everything to you. What is ours is yours, now and forever!"

"Yes, I know, but it's good of you to acknowledge it." The Duke smiled, offering the man another glass. The crystal really did catch the light most invitingly, it was a shame he hadn't found the sprite's nest earlier. "You know your station, Timeth. That's one of the reasons I've uplifted you. You worry the rest of those parasites so much I'll wager half of them can't sleep, and they don't even know who it was that reported your predecessor's sedition. Loyalty such as that is a virtue, my friend."

"I do try, your Grace." the Viscount replied. "We must all do our part."

"Indeed. Oh, incidentally, not that I ever think this would come up, but there's plenty of room on the spike next to his for another head. I'm sure those in the court without your unshakable faith in my rule would find themselves quite motivated by that knowledge." Kelgar shuffled a few papers, pretending not to notice the color draining from his guest's face.

"Now, this is a list of the more prosperous merchants in the Low Quarter. Several of them are late on their payments, although they don't know it yet. Pick a few names for me and I'll send the guard around to collect, would you?"

(Belson's going to keep looking for routes out of the Crucible. I'll recruit a Noble and then use a season to extort Lesharun again.)

Leewei
2012-02-27, 02:39 PM
Feel free to make the exploring check, since you'll know about the results immediately. Your Scout succeeds on a "2" on 1d2.

Edit: In case the post didn't make things clear, I hadn't checked yet for the exploration.

Doc Kraken
2012-02-27, 03:42 PM
Right, will do. Think I'm starting to get the hang of things.

1d2

The dice roller doesn't seem to like me editing in the story after rolling. Actually, that makes sense...got a one anyway.

Doc Kraken
2012-02-28, 10:46 AM
Right, last season. Think I've got an idea of how to work this.

"No. No, you're going to keep looking. I don't care how many times you've gone over the same ground, Belson, find yourself somewhere new to map or I'll have Jenks find somewhere new to display a corpse."

Kelgar terminated the mental connection. The man was useless, utterly useless. When he had cemented his power, Belson was going to find himself the tenant of an exceptionally foul cell in the Lesharun dungeons. He needed something to take his mind off the scout...maybe there was one or two merchants he hadn't squeezed nearly dry?

Exploring roll:
[roll0]

And the Extortion rolls (didn't roll last season, I was too busy failing at using the roller :smalltongue:)

Fall Extortion:
Antagonist: [roll1]
Stronghold: [roll2]
Skill: [roll3]

Winter Extortion:
Antagonist: [roll4]
Stronghold: [roll5]
Skill: [roll6]

Leewei
2012-02-28, 12:33 PM
You wring the local wealthy dry, stockpiling 1gp per successful attempt. The Noble actually grants another advantage to these rolls:

Season 3
Noble: [roll0]

Season 4
Noble: [roll1]

Leewei
2012-02-28, 12:38 PM
So, Season 1, you trashed the Stone Sprites, Season 2 you returned and sold the crystals? Selling won't take a whole season, so you have one more action to resolve.

I'll make a couple more exploration rolls. Belson will have found at least one more route.

[roll0]

Edit: Belson does indeed find two routes to unknown lands. He is pathetic in his desire to impress you with his skill.

The Courtier assists you in collecting your debts, but not enough to push your successes to crits.

Doc Kraken
2012-02-28, 12:49 PM
Yeah, first two seasons I spent marching back and forth, and I spent the third and fourth seasons extorting the locals. Think it breaks down like this:

1) March to stone sprites, crush them
2) March back to Lesharun (that takes a season, right?)
3) Extort
4) Extort

Have I got it right?

Leewei
2012-02-28, 12:53 PM
Gotcha. The first movement of the season down a road is actually free. That means your 2nd season consists of:
Free move
Free item sale
Free recruit Courtier.

Looks like you get one more season to spend.

You've gained some skill as a Blackguard, and a bit more as a Tyrant this year.

Doc Kraken
2012-02-28, 01:38 PM
Ohhhh. I did not know that. Well, in that case...

"I'm not entirely sure about this." Varas mumbled, gazing at the mountain pass. "You saw what those things could do before the Duke dealt with them, and think about how close to the City of Smoke they were! Who knows what's out there?"

"Whatever it is, can't be worse than his Grace." Belson snapped. "You want to make him come out here again? He's left standing orders, so he has."

The Captain agonized over his decision for a minute, casting a glance back at Jenks and his men. He found no help in the pitiless gaze of his peer. With a shrug, he gave the order...

(The scouting band will move down one of the new routes; Belson will explore whatever's at the end of it)

Exploration roll: [roll0]

Leewei
2012-02-29, 01:06 PM
The band makes little progress.

The Duke still has one season to spend, from what I can tell.

Doc Kraken
2012-02-29, 02:05 PM
Is moving down those new routes free, then? I assumed they followed the rules from the first post.

Leewei
2012-02-29, 02:18 PM
Movement along a route with a paved road is free the first time you do it during a season. The newly-discovered routes aren't paved roads and require a season to navigate.

Doc Kraken
2012-02-29, 02:26 PM
So what my season usage looks like to me is:

1) March back to Lesharun with crystals
2) Extort
3) Extort
4) Scouting band takes new route but fails to find anything

I figured number 4 would still use a season, am I wrong?

Leewei
2012-02-29, 02:50 PM
Here's the season use:

1) Crush Stone Sprites
2) Extort
3) Extort

The journey home on season 2 was effectively instant since it was the first road movement of that season.

Doc Kraken
2012-02-29, 03:10 PM
It wasn't, though - I had the Duke leave Lesharun to join the band in Hayeth's Crucible. Left that off the list because it was the free one. Also your list isn't counting Belson and the others taking the new route (and subsequently tragically failing).

I'll take the free season, I just don't think I get it. :smalltongue:

Leewei
2012-02-29, 03:37 PM
Moving and joining the band was also free -- it took place in season 1. :smallwink:

Doc Kraken
2012-02-29, 03:51 PM
Okay, works for me! Just gonna roll with it. :smallbiggrin:

"People of Lesharun!" Kelgar bellowed, his voice magically amplified to resonate throughout the tiers. "For too long have you toiled thanklessly. For too long have you struggled against an uncaring world, scraping the bottom of the barrel to find enough to eat. Well, no more, I say! It is past time you claim your due. I say we take it now! I say we build an empire, with this glorious city at its head, a shining beacon of enlightenment in this age of darkness!"

He paused, letting the words echo through the smog, and allowed himself a small grin.

"Of course, building an empire takes gold. I am sure you'll cooperate with the Watch as they collect the new Victory Tax..."

Impose a New Tax:
Skill: [roll2]

Noble (if he helps!): [roll3]

Can I get a summary of resources available to me at the beginning of Year 3?

Leewei
2012-02-29, 04:10 PM
The Courtier would help. The tax is unique, however. Sorry - you can use those rolls to Extort instead if you wish.

Doc Kraken
2012-02-29, 04:11 PM
Oh!

Well then yes, I would. Someday I'll get the mechanics right.

Leewei
2012-02-29, 04:34 PM
It ends up that the merchant was already nearly bankrupt, and was only hastening the process in keeping up appearances. His beautiful niece offers herself into your service in his stead.

You've gained a Maiden of Virtue (Mortal, Pure). Use her as you see fit. :smallamused:

Leewei
2012-02-29, 04:40 PM
Someday I'll get the mechanics right.

This is more my challenge than yours. Since the game is a complete homebrew, I need to take pains to make the mechanics and options clear.

Leewei
2012-02-29, 10:57 PM
Year 3
Your subjects pay you 1gp tribute.

Recruitment
A Soldier joins your cause.
[roll0]
On 1-2:
1gp for a Soldier (Mortal, Martial)
On 3+:
3gp for a Veteran (Mortal, Martial, Experienced)

[roll1]
On 1-2:
2gp for a Scout (Mortal, Explorer)
On 3+:
1gp for a Scout (Mortal, Explorer)

[roll2]
On 1-2:
3gp for a Courtier (Mortal, Noble)
On 3+:
2gp for a Courtier (Mortal, Noble)

Available actions in Lesharun are shown on the top of your character sheet.

Doc Kraken
2012-03-01, 12:17 AM
Excellent... I've counted 6 gp in my stockpiles - can you double-check me on that?

"Please, Laerith, my dear, be at ease." The Duke smiled at the merchant's niece, amused at her discomfiture. "I would like to apologize for the...inadequacy of your current lodgings. The dungeons really are too shabby for a lady of your standing. Besides, I'll need that cell of yours empty for when my man Belson returns. I hope you haven't disturbed the iron maiden?"

He waited for a few moments until it became clear that a response was not forthcoming. Kelgar's smile shrank, but never quite vanished. "As such, I have made arrangements for new accommodations to be constructed. Our new Watch-Captain Salenth will escort you to the grounds, where you may pick out which side you would prefer to reside on. I am nothing if not a gracious ruler. Watch-Captain?"

He waited until the man had led her from the study, then closed his eyes and concentrated. At this point, he didn't expect the scout to turn up anything of use, but he was growing rather fond of watching the man fail amusingly.

Spring Orders: Belson, guarded by Captains Varas and Jenks, will attempt to explore once again. Meanwhile, Laerith will attempt to construct a Tower Prison.

Exploration Roll:[roll0]

Tower Prison Construction:
Antagonist: [roll1]
Stronghold: [roll2]
Skill: [roll3]
Courtier: [roll4]

Leewei
2012-03-01, 12:46 AM
Your loyalists find an old tower, once occupied by a kindly priest. They burn his grotty old desk and scrolls and instill a cell in the top. Laerith languishes there, hoping that a hero might one day arrive and save her. Word soon spreads of her plight, although most locals are convinced she did something stupid or illegal to end up there.

I'll confirm your gp total soon.

Leewei
2012-03-01, 01:33 AM
It looks like your total is 8gp with the minions listed on your sheet. When you 'recruited' your Maiden, you also scored your 1gp for spending the season in your home city, which I don't appear to have posted.

Also, looks like I missed something in year 1. Directing minions generally won't take a season; it looks like you spent both two seasons this way by accident. I caught your Fall action and got that in order, but I didn't do this in Summer. I'll default in Extort since you have a fondness for that particular activity. Edit: this nets you another 1gp.

Antagonist, Stronghold, Skill
[roll0]
1-2=1gp
3=3gp
(Courtier was not yet in your service)

Doc Kraken
2012-03-01, 01:42 PM
Well, it seems to be working out nicely!

Kelgar studied the fur-clad man before him with narrowed eyes.

"And you've had experience with this sort of work, Mr...ah...Flinteye?"

"Yes, y'Grace." the scout growled happily. "Been wand'rin f'r more'n thirty years, now. Seen it all."

"Well...you can't be worse than the current crop." The Duke mused. "Very well, you're hired. See to it that you provide me with results. My servants have charted a second route from the Crucible, but have not found the time to travel it as of yet. I will provide guards to ensure your safety while you do so."

"Very good, y'Grace." Flinteye gave a clumsy bow and departed, taking with him a rather peculiar and unique odor. Duke Hayeth did not envy the new Outrider-Captain the weeks of travel in his company.

Summer Orders: Recruit a scout (Flinteye, -2 gp) and a Soldier (Outrider-Captain Regiar, -1gp), band them together, and have them travel the unexplored route from Hayeth's Crucible, exploring beyond it (-1 season). Belson's band will continue to try their best.

Exploration Roll - Belson:[roll0]

Exploration Roll - Flinteye:[roll1]

Doc Kraken
2012-03-01, 05:17 PM
And their best was not good enough! For shame, Belson. For shame.

He could feel them out there, squabbling and backbiting, stumbling their way through the wastes. Useless. There were three fewer soldiers in Varas's squadron than the last time Kelgar had checked. For a moment, he feared desertion, but after prying through the Captain's mind he discovered they had starved. Unfortunate - it deprived him of an excuse to leave the City of Smoke and make an example of them, but on the other hand, perhaps the scout would succumb to the same fate soon enough. He didn't look the type to endear himself to whoever controlled their supplies.

"I don't know, Timeth." the Duke groaned. "It's a curse. Not only am I so much more competent than everyone around me, but I've got the power to irrefutably confirm that. It must be nice, living in their tiny insect-sized skulls, not a care in the world so long as they don't give me a reason to have them eviscerated."

The Viscount's mustache quivered. "Yes, your Grace. I am truly sorry you must bear this burden. Might I suggest you find a merchant to finance your army? That always cheers you up."

"What a splendid idea! Perhaps I'll pick a name from a hat this time..."

Fall Orders: The scouting bands will continue trying to explore their respective areas, and I'll extort the locals once again (-1 season. Good thing they fear me too much to do anything about it!)

Extortion Roll:
Skill: [roll2]
Courtier: [roll3]

Exploration Roll - Belson: [roll4]

Exploration Roll - Flinteye: [roll5]

Leewei
2012-03-05, 06:23 PM
You successfully extort money from the merchants Net gain 2gp for the season. Belson's exploration attempt succeeds. Where was he exploring again, please?

Doc Kraken
2012-03-05, 06:27 PM
Whatever was on the end of one of the routes out of Hayeth's Crucible.

Leewei
2012-03-05, 06:42 PM
Belson reports finding a large, shadowed valley with impossibly high mountains on one side.

Doc Kraken
2012-03-05, 07:06 PM
Right. Final season, then...

"He did what?"

"Found a valley, Viscount." The Duke smiled. "Sounds like a reasonably defensible location. It seems Belson actually has some uses after all."

"Wonderful news, your Grace! Is it inhabited?"

"It appears not. Which, of course, means that I can begin the emigration process without all that tedious removing of the locals. How are the dungeons looking these days?"

The Viscount shifted his considerable weight sheepishly. "I'm afraid there's been something of an accident, your Grace. Sulfur fumes. Couldn't be helped."

"A pity." Kelgar rubbed his chin, thinking. "Well, maybe the poor quarter can supply the necessary colonists."

"Your Grace has quite exhausted the poor quarter for your levies. Even Drunkard's Row stands empty."

"We'll just have to fill it up again then, won't we?"

Winter Orders: Belson will enter the valley and explore it for anything interesting (if that's not a possibility, he'll check for routes out of the area). Flinteye will continue to search the other route out of the Crucible and - spoiler warning, this one's a real shock - I'll be extorting the merchants again (-1 season).

Extortion Roll: (not going to take 3, I like my odds!)
Skill: [roll1]
Courtier: [roll2]

Exploration Roll - Belson: [roll3]

Exploration Roll - Flinteye: [roll4]

Leewei
2012-03-05, 09:09 PM
Neither Belson not Flint make any progress (your exploration trials have been spectacularly bad!)

You do, however, persuade the local merchants to part with 1gp, and add another 1gp from your holdings.