PDA

View Full Version : Fine- and Colossal+ (Size)

UndeadCleric
2012-02-25, 08:39 AM
I seem to remember there being rules for creatures smaller than fine or larger then colossal but cant find them. Am I remembering a legitimate rule or a homebrew/house-rule?

KillianHawkeye
2012-02-25, 08:43 AM
There is a Colossal+ size for epic dragons (and maybe some other monsters) in the Epic Handbook. I don't remember the details, I think it's mostly the same as regular Colossal size.

I don't know of any size smaller than Fine, however.

Myou
2012-02-25, 08:48 AM
I've seen Colossal+ dragons in a book somewhere, probably the ELH.

Flickerdart
2012-02-25, 08:59 AM
The relevant text is in the SRD:

Although there is no size category larger than Colossal, the oldest epic dragons deal more damage with their attacks than other Colossal dragons, as shown on the Epic Dragon Face and Reach and Epic Dragon Attacks tables below. In addition, the breath weapon of the oldest epic dragons is a larger cone than most Colossal dragons possess. The size modifier for these dragons remains -8.

As far as I am aware, no "Fine-" size category exists.

hex0
2012-03-03, 08:16 PM
As far as I am aware, no "Fine-" size category exists.

What if I want to play an awakened water bear. :smallmad:

hydraa
2012-03-03, 08:42 PM
Draconomicon also describes colossal+ and sounds similar to above

motoko's ghost
2012-03-03, 08:53 PM
I remember hearing something about "virtual size catagories" somewhere, but cant remember where

Amphetryon
2012-03-03, 08:57 PM
I know I've tried more than once to find a playable Fine sized race. [/tangent]

Kazyan
2012-03-03, 09:24 PM
The Immortal's Handbook might be what you're looking for. It's not homebrew or official--third-party, actually. Basically, you can add the prefix "Macro-" to a size category to make it ten categories larger. I don't know the other prefixes, but you can add +20 or +30 or whatever number of size categories.

I'm pretty sure virtual size categories are the IH's invention.

hamishspence
2012-03-04, 07:53 AM
Munchkin D20 and Star Munchkin D20 have extra size categories- with sample objects:

Star Munchkin page 69
Asteroid, typical (Colossal: Size Modifier -8)
Asteroid, dino-killer (Ludicrous: Size Modifier -16)
Moon (Stupefying: Size Modifier -32)
Earth (Astounding: Size Modifier -64)
Jupiter (Excessive: Size Modifier -128)
Star (Vast: Size Modifier -256)
Dyson sphere (Inconceivable: Size Modifier -512)

Munchkin Monster Manual has Ludicrous, and "Itsy Bitsy"
Itsy Bitsy is +16 Size Modifier.

Most itsy-bitsy critters are microscopic; one the size of a speck of dust would be positively obese. If you can see an itsy-bitsy monster, it's not small enough.

Ludicrous monsters are so big they show up on scale maps of the world. If you can fit a ludicrous monster on your battle map, it's not big enough.