PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of help on a wizard.

Metahuman1
2012-02-25, 01:15 PM
So, we've hit 7th lvl just now. I have a Wizard with the Collage Wizard feat and an insane Int Score. I need help picking, good, useful and poweful 4th lvl spells.

Right now, I know I want Greater invisibility, Bestow Curse, Polymorph, and Evards Black Tenticals. Need suggestions and input please, thanks!

Torq
2012-02-25, 01:30 PM
Solid Fog is a pretty decent BFC spell. I think the dual effect Orbs of X come online with 4th level spells, which aren't great, but maybe worth knowing one of.

Are you using core only, or are other books allowed?

Eonir
2012-02-25, 02:05 PM
Don't forget about Polymorph and Charm Monster.

Luca
2012-02-25, 02:37 PM
Ennervation surely, negative levels for all!

Keld Denar
2012-02-25, 02:47 PM
Solid Fog and Dimension Door are great picks.

Flickerdart
2012-02-25, 04:35 PM
Greater Mirror Image is an absolutely fantastic defensive buff, and Flame Whips is a fun little toy if you ever want to get into melee. Both are from the Spell Compendium.

Slipperychicken
2012-02-25, 07:18 PM
If you have any poison users in the party, Minor Creation gets you free Black Lotus Extract (DC20, 3d6 Con) for ever, and potentially lots of free money (4,500 per dose, you get 14 cubic feet of the stuff) from selling poison. For the money scheme, just remember to disguise yourself before selling it, and/or skip town.

Metahuman1
2012-02-26, 11:26 AM
Ok, Minor creation, Greater Mirrors Image, The Orb Line, Ennervation, Solid Fog, Polymorph, Charm Monster, Evards Black Tenticals, Greater Invisibility, Bestow Curse. Good so far, and thanks for the help. Got any other suggestions?

Diarmuid
2012-02-26, 11:32 AM
You do realise that you're only getting 4 new spells at each new level, and not anything based on your Int right?

Metahuman1
2012-02-26, 11:43 AM
Six, actually, and the DM has a house rule in place that you get your Int Mod to knew spells when you level. It's a game where were teaching several newer players the fine art of practical optimization, and I've got the Wizard so that they can see me doing my thing and get an idea for how it plays. There already past the learning what die to roll for attacks/skills/damage ext phase, so this seemed like a good step, and they've enjoyed the game for several sessions so far.

Corlindale
2012-02-26, 11:48 AM
Dimension Door is a life-saver. There are very few problems that can't be solved by suddenly being 600+ feet away from them. Very good when you're grappled (or if something ate you :smallbiggrin: ).

Resilient Sphere is pretty neat too - not often you see a Reflex save or suck. And it can even be used defensively, if such a situation arises.