PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Silma
2012-02-25, 04:55 PM
Hey playgrounders!!
My question is: Can a healing power like healing word, inspiring words etc, work on someone who's at negative hp?

KillianHawkeye
2012-02-25, 05:07 PM
Of course it can!

Whenever you heal somebody at negative hp, they immediately jump to 0 before any healing takes place.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-25, 05:11 PM
There's a specific rule for this. You treat them as having 0 HP when determining how much HP they end up with.

Silma
2012-02-25, 05:33 PM
Oh, ok. Thanks!!!! :smallbiggrin:

Although, it doesn't make any sense... I mean how can you "inspire" someone who's unconcious? :smalltongue:

Kurald Galain
2012-02-25, 05:42 PM
Although, it doesn't make any sense... I mean how can you "inspire" someone who's unconcious? :smalltongue:

It turns out that retroactively they weren't unconscious after all, just reeling a bit. Or something. Read Snips, Snails & Dragon Tales for more examples :smalltongue:

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-25, 05:49 PM

You could make it like they do in Goblins, where they're still conscious but unable to stand or speak loud and clear.

DeltaEmil
2012-02-25, 11:10 PM
Oh, ok. Thanks!!!! :smallbiggrin:

Although, it doesn't make any sense... I mean how can you "inspire" someone who's unconcious? :smalltongue:You "inspire" them to wake up immediately by threatening them that if they don't want horrible things be done to their unconscious butts, they better stop behaving as if they were taking a nap.

Play a warlord, if you want to be the drill-seargent who does go around and show how to kick monster butts.

MeeposFire
2012-02-26, 07:51 AM
There have been studies that suggest that people in comas may in fact have some sense of hat is going on around them. Using that idea it is possible your unconscious ally can still perceive your attempts at saving them.

huttj509
2012-02-26, 09:15 AM
You "inspire" them to wake up immediately by threatening them that if they don't want horrible things be done to their unconscious butts, they better stop behaving as if they were taking a nap.

Play a warlord, if you want to be the drill-seargent who does go around and show how to kick monster butts.

STOP LYING AROUND ON THE JOB, MAGGOT! IS THIS NAPTIME? DID YOUR MOMMA TEACH YOU TO LEAVE SOMETHING HALF FINISHED? I DON'T THINK SO!

It helps if you think of negative HP as less "unconscious," and more "on the ground reeling and looking at the world through a haze of pain as you're about to black out."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-02-26, 11:45 AM
It helps if you think of negative HP as less "unconscious," and more "on the ground reeling and looking at the world through a haze of pain as you're about to black out."

Ya this. Another example. In some big budget action movie the hero is running for his life from something he can't handle. This thing some how has the ability to make things go boom. This thing proceeds to make the ground immidiatly behind the hero go boom and sends the hero flying. The camera shifts to a first person view. All you can hear is a high pitch whine, and a fuzzy depiction of the ground. Then through the whine the hero hears his love interest/partner/etc calling out to him. The hero tries to get up causing the camera to shake and bauble as his limp head tries to right it self. He blinks his eyes and the screen goes black for a second. The love interst/partner/etc's feet show up in the frame, still fuzzy. Their words much clearer through whine. At this point the hero is able to stand up and continue on whatever he was doing.

In that example you can view it in 2 ways: He used his second wind, or the love interest/partner/etc used an ability like Inspiring Word. Either one works really.

Akodo Makama
2012-02-26, 04:17 PM
STOP LYING AROUND ON THE JOB, MAGGOT! IS THIS NAPTIME? DID YOUR MOMMA TEACH YOU TO LEAVE SOMETHING HALF FINISHED? I DON'T THINK SO!

Did I give you permission to DIE soldier? I. Don't. Think. So. There'll be plenty of time for you to do that when the job's done. Now get'cher lazy bum OFF the ground and start using that pig-sticker of yours or, so help me, I'll make you wish you'd died!