PDA

View Full Version : New World PTA Game IC

Cormag81
2012-02-25, 08:30 PM
The usually quiet town of mahogany bustles with activity. The time has come for the egg festival, When boys take their first steps into manhood by receiving their first pokemon. The tent has been erected and a crowd is beginning to form inside. Dust and his friend Martin rush to make the deadline, while inside Aaron watchs as the barons son taunts Krys. Azealia sits in a corner by herself worrying about what her fist pokemon will be, Davik sits across from her wondering what she’s doing here among all these young boys.

Meanwhile on an estate two weeks journey away Amelia Prepares to depart from her home of 16 years

Finally not able to put up with the arrogance of the bully anymore Aaron decides to speak up. "Back off. Unless you want to be my new punching bag "

Esprit15
2012-02-25, 09:04 PM
"Don't worry, I can fend for myself." He glares towards the baron's son, focusing on every detail of the boy, storing the information for later use. "You on the other hand will get what's coming. Count on it." His skin goes pink for a second as blood rushes around at the threat of a fight. He shifts to another area of the tent, deciding on which egg to choose. He spots one that seems to be coated in ice. He swears he can faintly hear a polite young voice calling to him from the egg. He shakes his head. No, your powers are gone now. Probably a punishment from Lugia for their abuse. He makes a polite nod of thanks at Aaron and looks around, spotting Azalea. Trying to sound polite, he asks, "And what is a girl doing here? This is a manhood ceremony, not just an adulthood one."

An Enemy Spy
2012-02-25, 09:19 PM
Dust places himself between Ashton and Aaron. "Let's not do anything stupid here. It wouldn't look good for an aristocrat to go around picking fights at social events, now would it? Got to keep up appearances, don't you? People might begin to talk."

Anecronwashere
2012-02-25, 09:43 PM
"Why is it that every town is the same? Spoiled Nobles brats always picking fights with certain commoners they seem to have an unhealthy interest in.
It's a wonder villages last more than a generation or two."
Davik mutters, annoyed

"And you. There is no actual rule against a woman from gaining a Pokemon, they just rarely know about that fact. This is an adulthood ceremony, and has been for generations. The womenfolk simply have an alternate ceremony they usually go for rather than going against the prejudice of the more, barbaric, boys and men.
Hi, I'm Davik, and you are?"
Davik extends his hand to Azaelia in friendship.

Esprit15
2012-02-25, 09:55 PM
"I apologize, I simply heard people refer to the ceremony as the manhood ceremony. I meant no ill by the question, just simple curiosity."

Anecronwashere
2012-02-25, 09:59 PM
"It's ok, the way you said it wasn't really all that insulting. I'm just annoyed your probably-gay noble's son keeps trying to hit on all the commeners around here and might have bled through to you. So I should be the one who is sorry.
I'm Davik by the way, Davik Kang."

Esprit15
2012-02-25, 10:14 PM
"Wow, if that's how he attempts to hit on someone I'd hate to be in a relationship with him. I was suppressing the urge to pull a knife on the prick.

Yeah, I tend to be a bit blunt. Nice to meet you Davik. I'm Krystopher Vos, Krys for short. Yes, my first name sounds like the word 'cry,' get the laughter out of the way now." He extends a pale hand to the young man, trying not to stare strait at him.

Anecronwashere
2012-02-25, 10:17 PM
"I've heard worse. There are a lot of strange names and types wandering around Egg Festivals."
Davik takes the hand and shakes it firmly.

Cormag81
2012-02-25, 10:21 PM
"Oh your a noble are you, just one more reason for you to receive a impression of my fist upon your face."

"well who do you think you are" Ashton says trying to reach around Dust.

"Thats all you've got, your not even worth my time." he turns to Krys The name's Aaron Steel and I meant no offense he was just starting to piss me off."

"Not worth your time, I'M NOT WORTH YOUR TIME, I'll show you, Get out of my way you peasant" Ashton shoves Dust into Aaron.

EdroGrimshell
2012-02-25, 10:22 PM
Amelia had already departed her home and was well on her way, Yoko walking beside her, the red marked Abra's equally red eyes open and attentive, something one rarely sees in an Abra, the fact she was travelling with only Yoko making it a rather quiet trip. Every now and then, Amelia would put a hand on Yoko and instantly teleport farther down the road, just to go faster while still giving Yoko time to rest between teleports. This way she'd be able to get to her destination in half the normal time.

Amelis sighs, "If only dad would let me ride his Blitzle, we'd be able to get there so much quicker, Yoko," Amelia says dejectedly, she had neglected her riding but she was still decent enough to ride such a docile pokemon.

Anecronwashere
2012-02-25, 10:30 PM
Davik imposes himself between Ashton and Aaron.
"Look, if you want to fight, do it the Noble's way. In a Pokemon Battle.
After the Egg Festival go to my father's stall, he'll have 2 battle-ready Pokemon. Choose one then fight. It will be a fair battle with the stakes whatever you want, just try not to kill them as we will want them back afterwards."

Esprit15
2012-02-25, 10:38 PM
Krys laughs. "Glad I got out of there. Seems the testosterone level is a bit too high over there." He feels for his knife in case things get bad. "Anyways, what are you going for, Davik? I have my eye on that icy looking one over there." He points to a nearly flesh colored egg, shielding his eyes from the sunlight reflecting off of it. Of course then he sees the boy has already wandered off. "Hm, nevermind." He gets up and goes to the man in charge of distributing the eggs. "You may wish to intervene before that guy breaks the baron's boy's arm. Also, when are we going to select our eggs?"

Cormag81
2012-02-25, 10:54 PM
Aaron comes to his feet prepared to fight

"Break it up, Break it up this is your big day so don't screw it up by starting to fight and getting yourself thrown out."

Looking suspiciously at the new arrival Aaron lowers his guard.

"Okay now that thats settled It's time for this to begin, form a line behind Ashton and get ready to go." Then the man looks at Aaron, "Not you boy your little show their just earned you last pick."

"Fair enough" Aaron says and returns to glaring at Ashton from the side of the tent

Esprit15
2012-02-25, 11:09 PM
Krys looks up. "Actually, he was telling the baron's son off for picking on me." He follows the line to the end and stands behind Aaron. "He did nothing wrong."

An Enemy Spy
2012-02-25, 11:23 PM
"Just forget it, guys. He's an aristo. Nothing's going to happen to him anyway. The name's Dust by the way. I haven't seen you around here. are you new?"

Esprit15
2012-02-25, 11:27 PM
"I've only been here...oh, two weeks. There was a happening at my old town that I really should not be around for, so I went south and arrived here."

An Enemy Spy
2012-02-25, 11:34 PM
Dust perks up. "You're from over the mountains? What's it like there? I heard there's dragons and all sorts of monsters there. Have you ever seen the ocean? I bet you've seen Gyarados!"

Cormag81
2012-02-25, 11:54 PM
"your welcome to join him at the end of the line if you want. Your there you said your name was Dust, time to shut up and fall in line. Go ahead Ashton."

"Thank you Sir." He replied

"Get in line guys no need to lose your chance at a good pokemon for me, I'm used to being treated like this. I'm from the north as well except my home is more to the west."

Esprit15
2012-02-26, 12:11 AM
"We're closer to the base of the mountains, actually, and I tended to stay home with the psychic types. My town is not as...educated, shall we say, as your town. I was treated oddly for being an albino, so I mostly stayed home. Anyways, I went climbing with Aryo and Mom, but we didn't see anything on the mountains, even when we got to the top when I was fifteen." He smiles to Aaron. "Do I look like I honestly care what he thinks? I doubt anyone wants the egg I have my eye on. Most people here are just guessing at what the egg contains. They know very little about Pokémon. I do. I could probably point out the one you wanted. For example," he lowers his voice, "you see that egg that looks frozen? Most would guess it to be dead, but it's not. It's an ice type. Their eggs are encased in Nevermelt-ice, which is consumed by the Pokémon when it hatches." He keeps his eyes focused on the egg he wants, marking several backups should it be taken.

Cormag81
2012-02-26, 12:27 AM
"Good to know but not really my type no offense I'm just going to take what life gives me like I have the rest of my life."

Esprit15
2012-02-26, 12:32 AM
"I was just citing an example, not saying to take an ice type. If you were going for a fire type you would take the warmer feeling ones. Psychics would generally be in a soft egg, like that green and white one over there..." He trails off, switching between mumbling to himself and flicking his hands at his side.

An Enemy Spy
2012-02-26, 12:56 AM
Dust shifts impatiently. "They all look basically the same to me. I just hope all the good ones haven't been taken when I get up there.

piemaster
2012-02-26, 01:34 AM
lanced around the area and came to the realization that what the others had said wasnt some manner of prank, she really had somehow completely overlooked the fact that she was the only female in the general vicinity. As she left Azaelia held her head in her palm and sighed this ceremony was going to be stressful enough without having to worry about stuff like this still this blunder wasnt a total loss hopefully the next time she and Davik met it would be under slightly less awkward circumstances and she would be able to take him up on his offer.

e: meant Davik sorry.

Cormag81
2012-02-26, 01:46 AM
Time passed slowly for everyone in the room waiting and watching the more promising eggs taken one by one. Finally it came around to Dust's turn and he was followed by Martin, Davik, and Azealia.

Esprit15
2012-02-26, 01:50 AM
Krys just sighs. "Gods how much longer can this go on!?" He stops himself part way through. There's still a few decent eggs.

An Enemy Spy
2012-02-26, 01:56 AM
Dust goes up in front of the crowd. He looks at the small, rather sad pile of eggs in front of him. There are only a few left by this time, and none of them all that appealing. The egg covered in the ice is still there, but he doesn't relish the idea of an egg that's freezing to the touch. Dust reaches for a small grey one, and stops. What if this egg contains a creature he doesn't want? He reaches again for a dull purple egg, when something caught his eye.

Kneeling down, Dust moves aside some of the straw the eggs were sitting on. Underneath the bedding is an egg that had been accidently buried when the other boys had been moving the eggs around. Brushing away the rest of straw, Dust picks up the new egg.

The egg is the size of a small watermelon, and weighs about as much as one. It is bright orange and has thin blue streaks running across it. The shell feels soft and almost leathery compared to the hard shells of the other eggs. When he puts his hand on it, Dust can swear that he feels the baby Pokémon moving inside.

Whatever is inside this egg, Dust feels it had been waiting for him and him alone.

He picks the egg and stands up. When the Eggmaster sees what egg Dust has chosen, he smiles knowingly at it. He reaches into his box and produces two pokeballs.

"When your Pokémon hatches," he says, "Immediately use the ball on it. It won't yet have the strength to escape. Do not immediately go to catch a wild one. Feed and raise your Pokémon for a month beforehand. Love it, and it will be the closest friend you will ever have. Mistreat it, and it will try to subvert you at every opportunity. Go now, and enjoy the rest of your evening."

Dust leaves the dais. His mother rushes out from the crowd and hugs him, his father close behind.

"What do you it will be?" she asks..

"I have no idea." Dust admits, "But I think it'll be something special."

OOC: Laziness ftw! Why roleplay when I've already written this part?

piemaster
2012-02-26, 03:39 AM
Azealia looked over the almost surreal assortment pokemon eggs before reaching out and pressing her hand against the nearest one a medium sized grey sphere that emitted a perpetual warm glow. Though most pokemon eggs had features that hinted at what sort of pokemon was contained within them, the question of what could inhabit an egg like this egg baffled her. Still the eggs heat and light brought her an odd sense of peace which ultimately was as good of a reason as any to choose it over its competition. With no reason to hesitate any longer Azealia lifted the egg with an audible grunt, this egg would be her choice for better or worse.

Anecronwashere
2012-02-26, 05:07 AM
Davik approached the pile of eggs. he recognized a few that his family had bred and avoided them. He wanted a special one, one that wasn't some household pet, but one to help him capture many Pokemon, so he could fulfill the Legend.
His eyes caught on a slightly rough egg with 3 horny protrusions on each end, purple veins running along it gave away it's Poison Typing and the 2 distinctive markers of Egg Type revealed it was a Purebreed with Dragon/Field. That left two possible creatures.
"I'll take this one. It's either an Ekans or a Seviper and I always wanted a snake." Davik pulled it from the pile and walked over to Azealia.

@Piemaster: Did you mean Davik? I don't remember a David.

Cormag81
2012-02-26, 12:06 PM
I tried to warn you but you just had to stand up for this undeserving bastard he extends his hand to Kyrs in friendship It was nice to meet you and please don't take this the wrong way but who are you running from?

Esprit15
2012-02-26, 12:49 PM
"Let's just say that there were legal issues." He gives Aaron a look that suggests "Not now" and picks up the iced over egg he had been eyeing. The thin layer of cold reminded him of home.

MetalMagus
2012-02-27, 10:54 AM
Martin was uncharacteristically quiet during the ceremony. Normally, he'd be talking to everyone, looking at the eggs, and trying to get the best one. That'd how it had always been in his dreams. He'd rush forward, and grab the strongest, most powerful egg. He'd hatch it into the coolest pokemon of all time, and finally show that he was worth something. His dad might just even call him a man.

Instead, Martin stood silently off to one side. His palms were sweaty. He kept rubbing them on his pants, trying to dry them off. He was nervous. Not many eggs remained. What if he didn't get a good one...

Martin watched as Dust walked forward and find a blue egg hidden among the hay. Perhaps there were some good ones left after all!

When Martin's turn came up, he slowly walked forward. It seemed the weight of his future was hanging off of his shoulders. Almost to the egg pile, he faltered, nervousness overcoming him. He swallowed, and then moved forward.

Unfortunately, this nervousness caused him to shuffle as he walked, instead of taking actual steps. As he reached the edge of the pile, he tripped over a brown egg his eyes had not seen in the dim light. Falling, he barely managed to avoid landing in the egg pile. Everyone began to laugh at him, his brothers most of all.

Embarrassed, Martin grabbed the egg he had tripped over, and ran to the back of the tent, desperate to get away from the laughter. He paused barely long enough to get the 2 pokeballs from the Eggmaster, running away as he explained what to do with the hatched creature.

Cormag81
2012-02-27, 11:35 AM
By the time Aaron got to make his choice it wasn't much of a chaice because their was only one egg left. Counting himself lucky to have anything, he picked up the white and green egg that Kyrs had pointed out earlier as a probable phyichic type. having nothing better to do Aaron headed back to his room at the inn to await the hatching of his egg.

Esprit15
2012-02-27, 03:02 PM
Krys leaves the tent, noting where some people are going off to. He focuses on the egg, admiring how the sunlight reflected off of the icy outer layer, as well as how it did not melt even in the warm sun. He returns to the outskirts of town for his daily meditation (an attempt to focus his mind and regain the power he lost). He sets the egg on his lap, letting the warmth from his body flow around the ice. He thinks of the egg levitating, of a force pushing upwards on the icy second shell and the softer inner shell. He opens his eyes. Nothing, again. He suppresses his frustration and continues meditating.

An Enemy Spy
2012-02-27, 04:40 PM
Dust claps his arm around Martin's shoulder. "That was a great performance out there. I think they'll remember that for years from now. Oh, and my egg is orange, not blue. You were narrating out loud again.":smalltongue:

Dust eventually goes home and places the egg on the floor. It just sits there. It's been less than a day since Dust got his egg and already he's impatient.

piemaster
2012-02-27, 09:18 PM
As Azaelia finished placing the egg in her bag a familiar voice caught her attention. Recognising it as boy who she had met briefly earlier in the day she was quick to respond. "Hello sorry about the cold shoulder earlier was a bit preoccupied you were Dav...Davik right? "

Anecronwashere
2012-02-27, 09:23 PM
"Just Davik is fine. Dav-Davik sounds weird." Davik said with a grin
"So which Pokemon did you grab? I got either an Ekans or a Seviper." Davik showed her the egg.

OOC: I have been using the wrong colour this whole time *facepalm*
I gt mixed with another char I'm playing on another board.

piemaster
2012-02-27, 10:00 PM
Azaelia put her palm to her face and sighed "Sorry pretty bad with names" this was proving to be nearly as awkward as the first time they had met plus now she would have to reveal that she had no idea what her egg contained when Davik already seemed pretty sure that his was a...Azaelia tensed up "wait which pokemon did you say was in that egg again?".

Anecronwashere
2012-02-27, 10:12 PM
"Either an Ekans or a Seviper. They are the only ones with the Field and the Dragon Egg Groups with a Poison Typing. It's good thing it's a Purebreed too or I wouln't know to that extent. Halfbreeds only show the one Egg Group you know, even if the two species have both of the same Egg Groups."

MetalMagus
2012-02-28, 09:57 AM
Martin sighs as Dust speaks with him. "Wonderful. Now I won't be able to show my face in public again. Maybe this pokemon will eat me. That'd fix the problem." He gives a very fake laugh, trying to cover his embarrassment. "I'm going home. See ya later buddy."

Martin shuffles out of the tent and runs home, sticking to the shadows to avoid see anyone. As soon as he gets home, he checks to make sure he is alone. He leaves the egg on a shelf by his window. After looking at it for a minute, he picks up a small blanket, and wraps it around the base of the egg. He hears his family walking up the lane, so he dives into his bed, hiding under the covers.

EdroGrimshell
2012-02-28, 11:49 AM
Amelia reaches a town sometime before dusk, in the early twilight hours, and rents a room at a local inn. She then takes out a large sheet of paper and sits on the porch, painting the setting sun, she often did so but never really kept the paintings for long, it was a hobby, simple as that. Yoko, on the other hand, took to exploring the town, often teleporting onto rooves to avoid the less savory parts of town. She came back shortly after Amelia finished her painting, leaving it to dry tacked to the wall with the window opened slightly for ventilation, already fast asleep. Yoko gave a slight sigh before climbing into the bed on the opposite side of the room. Yoko loved her freedom, it was what made her like Amelia as much as she did, that and she was one of the nicest people you'd ever meet. Yoko closed her eyes and fell asleep, just like her partner, within moments.

An Enemy Spy
2012-02-29, 03:31 PM
Dust continues to stare at his egg. "Hum de hum hum hum." he says.

piemaster
2012-02-29, 06:19 PM
"Uh huh I see." Azaelia said wincing a bit, during the years following her unfortunate experience she had grown managed to regain a relative sense of comfort around most pokemon, ekans and seviper most definitely werent on the list still maybe she would find a newborn less terrifying than the full grown deal. "so what were you planning on doing after this?" .

Esprit15
2012-02-29, 07:21 PM
Krys's meditating finally finishes. He looks at the still icy egg. "Yep, just like they said. Always cold as ice." He tries to focus on lifting the egg one more time, telling himself that he can see it move, but it's just wishful thinking. He picks up the egg and returns to town.

Anecronwashere
2012-02-29, 07:32 PM
"Probably help my dad in the stall for the rest of the day. I heard the Rattata Clutch was due today and our other Birther is sick. The eggs are a little deformed so it's likely the Rattata won't survive but I have to try and save some.
After that I'll probably camp out in this village for a couple weeks, until my Pokemon is born and grown up, then head into the mountains, lots of Pokemon species there to aid me in creating the Ultimate Pokemon.
What about you? What'll you do"

Note: The Ultimate Pokemon is a well-known myth that a Pokemon born of every other type will be the most powerful and awe-some species of them all.
No-one has successfully created this Pokemon in living memory

Cormag81
2012-03-02, 11:10 AM
As Kyrs begins to walk around the dark town he almost imediatly gets lost. Wandering around the town trying to find something he recagnizes he runs into a drunk Ashton.

"Well look who it is it's the freak from earlier" Ashton shouts "And look he even was kind enough to bring me an egg." looking at the egg he sees the ice "but it seems he's already killed it so I'll just take it off his hands." Ashton makes a drunken lunge for the egg.

Esprit15
2012-03-02, 02:57 PM
"Um, no." Krys takes a step back to dodge the lunge (do you want me to roll something for this?). He rolls the egg to the side and pulls out his knife. "I've already killed one idiot son of a baron, for attempting to steal from me, actually. I don't want to do it again." He focuses on the boy, ready to defend the egg with his life. Wish I was psychic now. Idiot! Why did you tell him about the other baron's boy!?

Cormag81
2012-03-02, 07:13 PM
"Oh so the freak is a murderer eh. now your going to kill me to huh. I dare you to try." Ashton makes a second attempt for the egg, this time he gets his hands on it and begin to take it away when Krys's knife plunges into his side. Ashton falls to the ground and drops the egg.

OOC: no rolls needed this was entirely story. Sorry if I took to much liberty with your character but I thought that was how he would react.

Esprit15
2012-03-02, 07:24 PM
"Now I gotta drag you to a doctor so your idiocy doesn't die. If you make me regret this, I will find you and gut you like a Sawsbuck." He wipes the blood off of the knife, picks up the egg, then yells for help. "Someone help! The baron's son was attacked! Someone help, quickly!"

Cormag81
2012-03-02, 08:44 PM
Hearing Krys Maddie and her father come out of tavern. Seeing Krys standing over a bleeding Ashton they come running.
"Go inside and get some bandages Maddie," her father said, "Son what happened here, wait don't answer that, I don't want to know. I don't care what actually happened but even if you didn't do it you should probably lay low for a while."
a few minutes later Maddie returned with the bandages and they begin to patch up Ashton.
"your in luck kid it looks like he'll pull through."

Esprit15
2012-03-02, 10:33 PM
Bluff roll: [roll0] felt it nescesary
Krys frowns at the accusation. "I don't know what you mean. I was walking to my house and heard him yell out and turned the corner and found him."

Cormag81
2012-03-02, 11:57 PM
"Like I said I could care less about what happened because it's none of my business. But like I said tis will probably need some time to blow over so you should lay low kid I'd hate to see you go down for something you didn't do."

Esprit15
2012-03-03, 12:01 AM
"Yeah yeah. Do you need help with him?" Not waiting for an answer, he goes to the boy's upper body to help lift him.

Cormag81
2012-03-03, 12:05 PM
"Let's bring him inside." they carry the injured noble into the bar and up to one of the guest rooms. "thank you for your help son but you should be going now."

Esprit15
2012-03-03, 12:16 PM
Krys leaves silently, fixing the boy with one last glare before going. He returns to the inn that was nice enough to allow him a place to stay until he can obtain money from more than the occasional bit of work that needs to be done.

piemaster
2012-03-04, 05:20 PM
Azaelia paused for a moment as if in as state of deep thought then responded "Could I perhaps join you for a bit I should really get more used to raising pokemon before mine hatches."

Anecronwashere
2012-03-05, 05:09 AM
"Certainly you can my fair lady." Davik grins at her.
"You are the first person my age to take in interest in my family's work since, ever really. Come on, I'll show you our Rattata Eggs. Maybe I can even teach you how to spot some Typings."

Davik looks positively gleeful at the thought of explaining his skills to another teenager.

"If you want I can narrow down what your Pokemon is, give you some tips for taking care of it immediately and such."

piemaster
2012-03-15, 06:11 PM
Azaelia sighed if this boy had as much knowledge of pokemon as he claimed then her choice was clear "If it would be possible that would be most helpful lead the way.".

Anecronwashere
2012-03-15, 09:49 PM
Davik practically dragged the girl away to the shop of his father.

"Right, first is a crash course in PokeEgg Typing.
When you know what you are looking for it becomes easier to tell the different Types, though you do need a really good memory of which Pokemon has which traits.
The Indeterminate Egg Group, which your Pokemon belongs too doesn't have much of a distinct effect, instead amplifying and purifying the Type Effect and, if there is one, the other Egg Group Effect. Your pure glow suggests an Indeterminate Fire Typing with either a Half-Breed or a Purebreed with only Indeterminate for the Egg Group. Since there is only one Fire/Indeterminate, it's safe to say your Pokemon is a Slugma.
My Pokemon is a Dragon/Field Egg Type, which shows that it is a Purebreed as both Egg Groups are shown. That only happens if they are Purebreeds, which means the same species parent on both sides and the Pokemon have two Egg Groups they belong too. These 6 bumps that allow it to stand on each side is representative of a Dragon Egg Group and the slightly rough texture means Field see.
Now there are a couple Dragon/Field Pokemon. like the Dark/Fighting Scraggy or the Poison-Typed Seviper so to narrow it down further we look at the Type. Now a Poison-Typed pokemon has purple veins running through it, which shows the poison being formed. This is why you never see Poison-Typed PokeEggs being eaten, by Humans or Pokemon. Because if you eat them, the poison will get into your syste and you will die.
Because of it's Poison Typing this narrows my choice of Pokemon down even further to only two. The Ekans or a Seviper. Both have the right Typing and Groups and so are functioningly identical.
For the other Egg groups: The Fairy Egg Group has a miniature halo on the top and bottom of the Egg, the Monster Egg has several depressions arranged in a ring around the centre, the others you will probably learn in time or through experience.
Right now I have a clutch of Rattata to save."

Carefully placing his egg in the store Davik dons a pair of gloves and a couple of spare Pokeballs in case the Rattatas need medical attention and are unable to be moved normally.
With a fluid grace he enters the Hatching Room where there are a clutch of 3 Eggs that seem slightly off-centre. The Eggs hadn't formed properly and the Pokemon inside were at risk of deformities or worse.
"This is usually the job of our Pokemon hatcher but he is sick right now. I usually only aid him, though I have done this sort of thing before.
Can you hand me that stethoscope? I need to check the heartbeats of them before the start hatching, to make sure everything is progressing normally. Due to the upswing of sales in the past few days we've been here we haven't had time to perform a full check-up on them.
If all goes well I should be able to trigger the Hatching slightly sooner. They are a mere hours off but every second past the OHT (Opportune Hatching Time) decreases their survival chances, especially if they hatch normally, which is practically a death sentence now because of the concave bit right here.
Davik gestures first to a stethoscope on the far side of the room then at a small bump on each of the Egg's tops. All while he is running his hands along the Egg, searching out and noting the imperfections and oddities, mentlly building a way of Hatching the Eggs with minimal risk.

The spare Pokeballs are on the bench, ready for a quick capture should any Rattat become critical after hatching.

Cormag81
2012-03-16, 02:22 PM
General:
Time passed slowly for the young men and woman who had recorded their first eggs. Hours felt like weeks, days like months time dragged and eventually eggs began to hatch within a fortnight nearly everyone's eggs had hatched.

Dust:
Dusts egg was one of the first to hatch one week after the ceremony. Dust spent the next week waiting for his newborn totadile to grow strong enough to help him catch his first pokemon. He departs on his endevor to capture a new pokemon exactly two weeks after the ceremony

Amelia:
Amelia journey takes her along some senic areas. A week into her journey she rounds a bend in the road and comes finds herself approaching a river with a washed out bridge. As she approaches the river she sees a young Raltz upstream of her.

Kyrs:
The Barons son wakes from his slumber a week after his near fatal stabbing. Kyrs leaves town before the boy can tell anyone who stabbed him. He travels towards a high pass through mountains to the south. His snowrunt hatches a day later on the road.

Martin:
When Martain returns home his dad puts him back to work. Working for his dad in the day time and caring for his egg in the afternoon Martin life continues in this pattern for a week and a half untill his egg finnaly hatches into a young turtwig. His fathers near instant disdain at the pokemon drive Martin to prepare for his first capture perhaps a little prematurely but he sets out at the same time as dust

Azealia:
After her experience with the Rattata hatching Azealia spends her time exploring the town. About a week after the ceremony she finds herself exploring when she comes a cross a group of ten year olds who are playing with what appears to be a pokeball.

Davik:
Davik takes good care of his egg which hatches into a ekans less then a week after the ceramony. A few days later his parents tell him that it might be a good time to try and get some new species to help diversify their stock this would also be the perfect time for him to catch his first pokemon so he sets out.

Aaron:
Aarons egg hatchs just over a week after the ceremony and with nothing else to do in town he sets out in the same general direction as Krys with his newly hatched Raltz. About three days into the trip Aaron comes across a young nidoran(male) and continues on his way without giving it a second glance. But then when his Raltz charges the young wild pokemon scaring it into the trees on the side of the road. His Raltz refuses to let it get away and chaces it into the woods.
Aaron chaces his young pokemon into the trees. Get back here Octavian you don't want to meet that pokemons parents.

(OOC: pie and ancron will react to their portions of this post when they finish the Rattata hatching scene.)

EdroGrimshell
2012-03-16, 03:04 PM
Yoko looks at the ralts, head tilted slightly, before teleporting over, and sitting down next to it, startling the smaller pokemon, but it doesn't run. Amelia walks over to see that Yoko was "talking" with the ralts, causing Amelia to smile lightly, "Well, seems you found a new friend, Yoko," she says lightly, with a slight laugh, causing the ralts to jump slightly, and getting Yoko to start speaking again, calming the ralts down. Amelia sits down with them, it was a good time of day, and the scenery was nice... she pulled out her sketch pad and started to sketch, getting the ralts's attention, it simply watched her draw the landscape as it flowed onto the page. Two hours later she put the finishing touches on the sketch and looked over at the ralts, still fascinated by the drawing, "want to learn how?" Amelia asked, prompting Yoko to translate, to which the ralts nodded, "it'd take a while, you'd have to come with me," Yoko again translated, the ralts nodded again. Amelia took out the pokeball her father had given her and held it out for the ralts, "just press the button, it'll be easier if you have this for some protection while wandering, I'll let you walk around with us, Yoko will love your company." The ralts did so, turning into red light and going into the pokeball, Amelia got that uncomfortable pins and needles sensation that always came from catching a pokemon, but after it passed she let the ralts out, "Do you have something you prefer to be called? I can't really call you 'ralts' all the time," She asks, which prompts a response from Yoko then the ralts. After a moment, Yoko writes in the dirt 黒猫, Kuroneko. Amelia smiles, she had another pokemon now, and she was another psychic-type, things would be more interesting now, with Yoko teaching Kuroneko to understand her and Amelia teaching her to sketch, things would be fun.

I love characterizing pokemon and making them seem more human, esspecially the ones that are actually relatively humanoid like Abra and Ralts.

Cormag81
2012-03-16, 06:17 PM
Aaron chased Octavian through the woods. Eventually he lost sight of his small pokemon in the underbrush. Slowing down to keep sight of Octavians trail. Wandering into a clearning Aaron looks up to see Octavian seting up to fight a fully grown Nidoking "Octavian get away from that thing thing". Aaron ran towards Octavian as the Nidoking began to swing his claw in Octavians direction. Aaron dives in on top of Octavian and waits to feel the powerful blow land on his back. Time drags as he awaits his death and then he hears his little reckless friend beneath him and sees a picture of himself and Raltz moving through space at an impossible rate and appearing on the top of a mountain pass.
"You never told me you could teleport, you little rascal. Oh well lets figure out where we are" looking around Aaron discovered hed been teleported into the highest of the local passes. There was an eternal snowblanket up here. Aaron saw that a winter snowstorm had already begone. Reliably he needed to find shelter quickly he set out and found a small hollow into which he could crawl and try and stay warm. As soon as he crawled into his shelter the wind picked up and the snowstorm became a blizzard. Time passed and Aaron eventually realized that there was only a slim chance of survival. "Octavian return" his pokemon disappeared in a flash of light "You are young my friend and there's no reason for both of us to die here. Be kind to your new master and Don't make a fuss over my death. See you later." with that Aaron fell asleep

A few hours when the blizzard had subsided a young Riolu approached Aaron apparently lifeless body. The Riolu approched slowly and when it finally worked up to curage to touch this strange creature. As luck would have it the first thing the Riolu touched was Octavian's ball. The flash of light that accompanied Octavians return from stasis scared the Riolu and it ran off. Turning around Octavian saw his unconcious master and rushed to him. He tried to shake him awake. Eventually Aaron awoke and He saw that the Riolu that had awoken Octavian had run home and gotten dad. Reacting instinctively Aaron grabbed Octavian and curled his still sluggish vary around him.
The Lucario that was looking down on the young trainer and his even younger pokemon's eyes seamed to glaze over as the Lucario inspected the aura of the guests upon his mountain.

An Enemy Spy
2012-03-16, 06:28 PM
Dust sits perched on the tree branch, waiting. It's been a few hours with no sign of any wild pokemon. Down below, a Swinub tied to a stake in the ground happily munches on the Rabuta berries Dust laid out for it.
Something rustles in the bushes down below. A black and grey Poochyena stalks out, eyeing the Swinub. It crouches low, ready to pounce.
Dust leaps down, net spread out in his hands. He lands on the hyena, knocking the air from his lungs. The Poochyena snarls and tries to bite and scratch at him, but only entangles itself further. Dust springs to his feet and throws his pokeball.
He picks t up from the ground and grins. "That was easy."
He lets Croco out of its ball. "Didn't even need you. Let's go home."
He unties the Swinub and leads it back to the village.

Yvonne: Lvl5 Female Poochyena
Poised Nature
20 Hit Points
Stats:
(2)HP: 5
(1)Att: 7
(2)Def: 6
(3)SpAtt: 3
(3)SpDef: 3
(2)Spd: 5
Ability:
Run Away
Moves:
Tackle-Normal: 2d6+7
Howl-Normal: +1 Att

piemaster
2012-03-20, 11:30 PM
hearing all the talk of pokemon hatching brought Azealia's thought to her own egg. She didn't know nearly as much about pokemon as this boy did and though she now knew what pokemon it contained she still didn't feel much confidence in her ability to raise it. Snapping out of her thoughts she brought her focus onto the task at hand, for now it would be best to leave the future for later and focus on the present.

Anecronwashere
2012-03-21, 12:54 AM
When Azealia hands him the stethoscope Davik will find the heartbeats of the Eggs then assembles a tray of metal tools.
Grabbing a needle he quickly punctures the Eggs in their weakest point, injecting a chemical to induce Hatching.
"This only works when the creature is near hatching but for cases such as these it's crucial." Davik explained.
"Now I'm going to start cutting away the egg, especially around the deformed parts. This is so when the Pokemon hatches it won't deflect off the parts or come out with a lungful of fluid. There is also the chance it hasn't developed in crucial areas so I want you to stand by and be ready to catch the thing if I tell you. There's three of them so I might be busy stabilizing another."

Davik begins cutting away the eggs as you start to here tapping. The Eggs are Hatching.

*15 minutes later*

The three rattatas were born but 2 were critical. One seemed to be extremely lethargic, while the other had impacted a hardened piece of shell with it's weak skull.
"Catch the left one!" Called Davik, making the slow one drink a special concentrate.

Esprit15
2012-03-23, 03:52 PM
Krys takes the man's advice and lays low. Not a lot is going on in town, and few people really seem to need or want to hire him. After a while, he leaves town, frozen egg in hand, heading towards the mountains, since they remind him of home a bit. On the night he arives at the base, the egg hatches, revealing a tiny triangular creature, though inside the sphere of ice it just looks like a black and whiteish-orange mess. He watched as the Snorunt ate the layer of ice that surounded the shell, and when it wasn't looking tapped it from behind with the ball, catching the little Pokémon. After the catching, he lets it back out, only for the tiny thing to crawl onto his head. "Well I guess that's why they are called the snow hat Pokémon." He camps out for the night.

The next day, he and the small Pokémon begin climbing the mountain, choosing a not too steep slope. Still, by the end of the day they are well past the snow line, and Krys starts to realize just how cold it can be without a fire. He starts looking for sticks and kindling, worrying about how he'll get some heat into the sticks later. After they have a small pile of kindling near a shallow cave entrance, it finally occurs to him that he doesn't have the means to start a fire. He looks at the small Pokémon with him, who appears to be dancing in the snow."Well at least you're well off if anything happens to me." He starts rubbing some sticks together before eventually colapsing from drowsiness, the fire not yet lit.

He wakes suddenly to a clinking sound on the stone floor. Hypothermia has only slightly set in in his limbs, and his vision is a bit blurrier than normal, but he's awake. Near the edge of the cave is a Sneasle, sniffing around for food it seems, appearing to eye Kyone, the young Snorunt. He leaps just as the Sneasle makes a jump for Kyone. The numbness in his limbs actually helped him take the scratches as the Sneasle attacks him. Without really thinking, he reaches for something to hit the small dark-type with. There is a flash of light, and the Sneasle is gone. Krys looks into his hand and sees that he actually grabbed his other Pokéball. "Hm, might have been able to make a better impression than that..." He shivers and remembers the pile of sticks. He recalls Kyone and lets out the Sneasle. "From now on, I'm calling you Ferum. We had a bit of a bad introduction, so let's try again: it's cold as Kyurem out there and we need to find something to start a fire, like pyrite." Ferum slightly hissed before scampering off deeper into the cave, coming back half an hour later with several small blocks of reflective mineral. Krys thanked him and started flicking the rocks together until he finally got some sparks, then did so in the direction of the collection of tinder and twigs, finally getting something warm going. He recalls Ferum and begins medetating by the fire again, trying to will a small rock in front of him to rise.

Cormag81
2012-04-03, 12:30 PM
Dust:
Dust began making his way home shortly after his capture of Yvonne. His late start and hurry to get home he got himself lost in the forest. wondering lost through the dark forest. Dust eventually decides to rest for the night finding a small depression in the ground he lays down to sleep.
After a nights rest Dust wakes up, when he opens he's startled by a skull. looking around he sees that he went to sleep the night before within a washed up shallow grave. Briefly creeped out he scrambles to get away, as he scrambles his hand smacks into a metal device. When he calmed down enough to investigate what he’d hit. he picked it up and accidentally activated it.
“Replaying last recording.” a strange female voice said. suddenly the voice became a strained male voice, “This is my last recording....one of the last of our order....our enemy is systematically hunting us down......I’m reseting my styler to accept a new owner......bring report to high command in everest....... please help save our order.
Amelia:
Amelia arrived in mahogany 4 days after meeting her new friend. She arrives late that night and needs a place to stay. she could take her chances at the local inn/tavern or she could make her way up to the local barons house unannounced.
Aaron:
Aaron stares up at this new arrival knowing that he wont stand a chance in a fight. resigning himself to his fate he wait to see what ucario will do. Lucario decides that this human means him no harm so begins to walk away except his daughter, the curios riolu from before, she runs up to Octavian and begins to pull him along after her dad. Aaron gets up and follows his pokemon into a warm cave about five minutes from where he had nearly frozen to death. deciding that its safe hear he sits back down and watches the two young Pokemon playing. he spend the next few days hear resting and training with the lucario.
Krys:
After his near miss with the sneasel Krys continues his journey into the mountains. Two days after encountering the sneasel, Kyrs being more accustomed to life in the mountains sees the blizzard that nearly killed Aaron and sets up to let it blow over. when it finally does he sets out again. One night when Kyrs is getting ready to find a place to sleep he stumbles upon Aarons cave.

An Enemy Spy
2012-04-03, 07:50 PM
"Gaaaaah!"Dust throws the object and scrambles away from it. Dust has seen some wierd things in his life. He'd seen a Torchick born with two heads and a man speak in tongues before, but nothing could compare to a talking piece of metal. It must have been some kind of trick. There was a man and a woman hiding in the trees and throwing their voices or something. He'd seen that at the Egg Festival a few times. Of course that was it. Metal doesn't talk. That would be insane!
He releases Yvonne. "Come out! I know you're there!". No answer. "Come out here!". Dust realizes that he's shouting at nothing but trees.
"Yvonne, get ready in case that thing does anything wierd. Well, wierder than it already is."
Slowly, taking one step at a time, Dust approaches the object where it landed. He picks it up and examines it. Now that he's looking closely at it, he still has no idea what it is. Dust's finger brushes over a small triangle, which presses down.
“Replaying last recording.” The voices come again.
“This is my last recording....one of the last of our order....our enemy is systematically hunting us down......I’m reseting my styler to accept a new owner......bring report to high command in everest....... please help save our order."
The object doesn't seem to do much more than that. Years ago, Dust had seen a bird on the caravan called a Chatot that could actually repeat what people said. Maybe this thing was like that. It was a big world outside. Maybe magic talking things were common out there. Maybe he was just crazy.
Dust goes back to the skull. "Is this you talking? Are you the man or the woman?"
The man's voice seemed worried about being hunted. Dust doesn't know about any "orders" around here. Maybe he was on the caravan.
The woman made no sense. Rplaying last recording? Why would someone say that? What does that even mean?
And how had Dust not noticed he was sleeping in a grave. Maybe he was just tired.

Esprit15
2012-04-03, 11:57 PM
Krys walks into the cave, looking out at the storm setting in. "Dang, glad I'm not stuck in that mess. Come on, Kyone, this one looks-what is that?" He looks deeper in the cave and spots what appears to be a flicker of light. "FIRE!" he yells into the cave, his voice echoing as it goes deeper into the cave. He runs toward it, slowing down as he reaches a point of being able to see a glimmer of the actual flame.
"Is anyone here?" he loudly whispers deeper into the cave. By instinct, he tries to speak the same thing by telepathy, smacking himself as he remembers that he can't do that anymore. The sound revirbirates through the cave.

Cormag81
2012-04-04, 01:58 AM
Aaron hears someone shouting near the entrance of the cave "I'm going to go see what's going on come on Tavi" th little raltz hears his masters new pet name for him and comes to it's feat to follow him. Riolu curious as to what her friends are doing comes along as well.
Coming as he nears the entrance to the cave he almost runs right into Kyrs "Wow there, who are you. Wait I recognize you, you were at the egg festival, you pointed out that frozen ice type egg. Kyrs right"

Esprit15
2012-04-04, 02:18 AM
"And despite some regal difficulties I successfully took care of it. And you're...Aaron. Seems I was right about the egg being a psychic. That little Ralts is looking pretty tough. Unusual for the species unless..." but he trails off. He introduces Kyone, who playfully tackles the Ralts. "What brought you up to the mountains? Most people have the reason to steer clear of them if they can help it."

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-04, 07:28 AM
Amelia decides to go to he local Inn, she always prefered them to another person's home, and it wasn't like the Baron was going anywhere. She tapped the letter her father had told her to give to him. Apparently the Baron wasn't as good to his subjects as her father and needed to be reminded to "behave", which made her really not want to stay at the Baron's, she'd be calling him into town tomorrow.

She walks through town until she comes upon an Inn that looks decent and walks in to ask for a room, she'd likely get some odd looks, being a young woman from out of town with two pokemon travelling outside the pokeball would do that, esspecially with the ralts trying to draw something while sitting on her shoulder.

Cormag81
2012-04-04, 02:22 PM
Dust:
If dust wasn't already freaked out enough the female voice came back. "Ready to accept new user, please input biometric information" As she said this the top of the device opened to reveal a strange pad.
Amelia:
Unfortunately for Amelia Ashton is in the tavern that night. Seeing an attractive young woman, who is not from the area entering the tavern he decides to make his move."Hello darling what brings you to my town." His drunk mind is to slow to see the attitude of another noble so he continues."cause I got the nicest house in town and wouldn't mind showing it to you.
Aaron and Kyrs:
As Aaron and Kyrs talk begin to talk about their experiences since they last saw each other Lucario comes up behind them and reads Kyrs aura seeing his past experiences and that he probably won't hurt either him or his daughter he turns around and goes back to the fire.
Aaron:PC
Actually I was brought up here because that tough little raltz over their decided to teleport us up here. He wants to be called Octavian by the way." Aaron watches as his the two pokemon play fight then when he sees the little riolu standing off to the side. "whats wrong afraid they might hurt you or something." with Aaron calling attention to her Octavian looks over at her and invites her to join them.

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-04, 03:03 PM
Amelia smiles sweetly, even as she grabs his little finger and pulling it back until he starts to sweat, "I guess this means you're the Baron's son, I'm here to see your father on business with mine, and this isn't the best first impression you can give one of your superiors," all of this is spoken with a sweet smile on her face and her eyes closed, as she pushes his finger just a little farther, "I would like to meet with your father if at all possible, preferably before I break your finger, unless that will get you to sober up. So, do we do this the easy way, or the painful way?" Yamato Nadeshiko at its finest.

:smalltongue: Sorry, this is my first chance to actually play a Yamato Nadeshiko style character, i just had to make it happen here.

An Enemy Spy
2012-04-04, 06:08 PM
"Are you talking to me? What is a biometric?"

Esprit15
2012-04-04, 06:18 PM
"Octavion... Wasn't there a leader way way back with a name like that? I seem to remember learning about him back home from one of our Alakazam." He frowns as his memory fails him. "Oh well. So is the Riolu yours as well?" Kyone stops and waves at the Riolu.

piemaster
2012-04-04, 10:03 PM
Azealia caught the rattata in the palm of her hand and gently set it down "Doing somthing like this at such a young age You must be quite gifted Davik".

Anecronwashere
2012-04-04, 10:13 PM
(with the pokeball I gave you, Catch the Pokemon. Sorry that wasn't clear)

"You pick it up as you go along. I have had a decades practice."

piemaster
2012-04-06, 12:29 AM
"Indeed still to have the sort of affinity you have towards pokemon is pretty impressive."

Cormag81
2012-04-09, 09:37 PM
Dust:
"Voice and face recognition systems activated please input name."
Amelia
"OWOWOWOWOWOW okay, okay have it your way just let go of my finger. It's late my dad's probably in bed already so it would be best if you came by in the mourning."
Aaron:PC
'Wow careful where you say that, No she isn't mine and her protective Lucario dad is back there." Aaron points over his shoulder at the fire. "Want to come and get warm."

Anecronwashere
2012-04-09, 09:42 PM
Davik stabilized the Pokemon and sat down heavily.
"Congratulations, you just helped hatch a clutch of Rattata."

Davik spends the next few weeks in the shop, selling Pokemon and Eggs waiting for his Poke to hatch.

Esprit15
2012-04-10, 12:40 AM
"My bad." He watches the Lucario, hoping that he didn't anger the Lucario. "Yes, I would like nothing more. I like the cold, but thats way too much for me." Kyone continues wrestling with the Ralts. She seems to have him in a headlock right before the Ralts slips out and just lifts Kyone up just enough to startle her. "Quite the little fighter you have there."

An Enemy Spy
2012-04-10, 02:21 AM
Dust is too flustered to stop himself from replying, "Dust."

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-10, 07:44 AM
Amelia keeps that little smile as she releases him, "careful who you make a grab at, it may cost you more than it will this time," she says, then whispers, "Yoko, if you would," Yoko walks forward and taps Ashton's forhead, and he vanishes in a flash of light outside, where you can hear him drop with a splash. "Thanks, Yoko." she then steps outside, "meaning your dignity this time around. Have a nice night," she walks back into the in and sees people staring, "what?"

Cormag81
2012-04-12, 01:37 AM
Azealia:
After her experience with the Rattata hatching Azealia spends her time exploring the town. About a week after the ceremony she finds herself exploring when she comes a cross a group of ten year olds who are playing with what appears to be a pokeball.

Davik:
Davik takes good care of his egg which hatches into a ekans less then a week after the ceramony. A few weeks later his parents tell him that it might be a good time to try and get some new species to help diversify their stock this would also be the perfect time for him to catch his first pokemon so he sets out.

Amelia:
Ashton picks himself up out of the puddle the crazy bitch had teleported her into. Fuming at his own stupidity he considers going back in and trying again but eventually decides against it and heads for home muttering a constant stream of insults the entire way back to his house.
Back inside the in one of the serving girls (Maddie) is nearly shouting in Amelias face. "What in the world have you done. You do know who that was right last time something happened to him while he was in town the baron threaded to kill us.Nnow you've gone and done it, that stunt you just pulled has probably just killed us all thx. Stupid travelers not thinking about what their actions do to the people who live here."

Dust:
"New ranger registration complete ranger Dust please report to ranger HQ in everest to be tested for field deployment." With that the machines hatch snaps shut and went silent.

Aaron and Kyrs:
Lucario decides it's time to go and gather some more food while the humans catch up on old times. Knowing Aaron will protect his daughter from the other Humen, Even if he taps his latent physic powers. Comforted in Aarons ability he sets out.

Aaron:
Yeah Octavian doesn't seem to understand just how small he truly is. He attempted to take on a Nidoking singlehandedly once." Aaron begins to lead the way to the fire meanwhile Octavian is attempting to drag the little Riolu into the game he and Kyone are playing. "Your little guy isn't bad either nice and healthy has plenty of energy. Octavian be nice if shes to scared to wrestle the she cane sit out if she wants to."

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-12, 08:20 AM
Amelia raises an eyebrow, "Did you not hear me when i said that he wasn't giving a good first impression to a superior? My father is a High Noble, above your Baron, I do believe going against the Archduke of a region would be ill advised, don't you agree?"

She smiles, though not the creepy smile she had used with Ashton, "I am sorry for making a scene like that, and will ensure that the people here are not hurt by my actions. However, appearing weak or helpless against anyone of a lower ranking undermines my authority, and being an envoy for my father does require me to maintain that authority, esspecially with what i suspect is the reason I am here."

She pauses, then puts a hand on the pocket with the letter, she really did not enjoy thinking about what her father had in mind, he loved doing things differently, and she hoped that the reason she was the envoy wasn't connected to the letter, though she doubted it. That thought caused her to sigh lightly, "my father was not happy with what he heard about your Baron these past months, apparently he's been silencing our contacts to make sure word did not reach us about what he's been doing, we had to pay the Egg Caravan to hear about anything."

Anecronwashere
2012-04-13, 01:31 AM
Davik heads into the wilderness, his snake wrapped around his shoulders
"Here little exotic creatures. Come to Davik."

About a day in he sees a Male Shelgon pushing some Berries toward a tiny Charmander, obviously it's child.

(GM: I forgot which Poke we had agreed as the father, I'm pretty sure it's Bagon line though, correct me if I'm wrong)

Suddenly it darts into the bushes, a shadow following it as it darts away.
Taking the chance Davik throws his Pokeball at the Charmander, hitting it on the head as it activates, sucking the Mon into the ball.
"Well well. 2 exotics in one. My quest is off to a great start."
Davik hurries off in case the Shelgon survived whatever was chasing it.
he heads towards the mountain, keeping an eye out for more rare Pokemon.

An Enemy Spy
2012-04-13, 06:50 PM
Dust throws the contraption on the ground. He doesn't know what the heck a Ranger HQ is or why it wanted him to report there, but he has no interest in anything of the sort. Dust turns and leaves, deciding to find his way out of the woods before any more magic tops show up.
The top lays inert for a while. Then Dust comes back and picks it up. He wanders off in what he thinks is the direction of the village.

Esprit15
2012-04-13, 07:03 PM
Krys laughs. "Well he would have the type advantage." He looks back outside. "Wish this blizzard would clear. I'd like to get out of here sooner than later."

Cormag81
2012-04-15, 12:09 AM
Amelia:
Maddie instantly realizes her mistake, "Oh, I'm terribly sorry my lady is their anything I can do for you." she curtsies to Amelia." She's so worried she has made trouble for her fathers business by shouting at an aristo that Amelia's comments about being here to help alleviate the pressure the Baron was applying went in one ear and out the other

Dust:
Managing to stumble into a part of the forest he recognizes Dust makes his way home. He arrives around dusk and his father is coming back in from the fields. "How did it go son," seeing the gloomy look on Dusts face he fears his son has failed in his attempt to catch a pokemon, "That bad huh."

Davik:
(Your original plan was Menio line but bagon line works to. It's up to you)
While Davik is out looking for exotic pokemon he comes across a wounded Chimecho. The pokemon is unconscious and in dire need of medical attention.

Aaron:
"Yeah this weather sucks but there is nothing we can do about it." Aaron's comment about her being scared motivates the Riolu to join in. Turning to watch the playful pokemon Aaron remembers when he was that young and carefree, where had those times gone. shaking off those pensive thoughts he looks out at the blizzard."So where are you headed when the blizzard blows over?"

Esprit15
2012-04-15, 02:14 AM
"Away. The royalty's spawn and myself don't normally see eye to eye when we meet up. If you have a more precise direction that you recommend, by all means, I'd love to hear it."

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-15, 07:19 AM
Amelia grins, "no need for that," Amelia says lightly, "I won't be much of a bother as the Baron or his son, they're bad examples of nobility. My family believes that without the working people, nobles wouldn't exist, so we tend to treat everyone with the respect they deserve." she grins wider, "Now I believe I was here to rent a room before that little incident. Only thing i request is if you have a room that gives a good view of the sunrise. If you do not have one that is fine, but i would love a chance to draw the sunrise here."

Cormag81
2012-04-15, 01:14 PM
Amelia:
"We have a room with a view of the sunrise but it is one of the smaller rooms in the building. Our best room is on the other side of the building with a view of the sunset if you interested my lady." Still afraid of angering this young if friendly aristo Maddie maintains her formality.

Aaron:
Well I'm not interested in going back and since I've never seen the other side of these mountains." Right then Lucario comes back with a young Piloswine for dinner he looks at the Rilou who stops wrestling with Octavian and talks to him suddenly the two humans hear Octavian's voice in their head "Kitai's dad says that you'll have to stay here for a while the passes have become impassable from the snow." Aaron looks at Kyrs "Well no matter where we are going we won't be doing it anytime soon."

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-15, 01:41 PM
"It's fine," Amelia says, pulling out her sketchpad and showing the landscapes she had drawn, all having been colored with dry pigment, "I have several setches of the sunset, but so few of the sunrise. And i said you didn't have to worry about offending me, talk as you would to anyone else, please."

Esprit15
2012-04-15, 01:48 PM
"I have time." He takes the Piloswine, skins it and cuts it into strips, cooking his by the fire on a rock. "Heh, wish I was still psyokinetic. Would be able to cook these a lot faster." He meditates while he waits for the strips to cook.

An Enemy Spy
2012-04-15, 02:16 PM
Dust lets Yvonne out of her ball. After a few minutes of showing her off, he holds up the top.
"Have you ever seen one of these before?"

Cormag81
2012-04-15, 09:57 PM
Dust:
Dust's dad inspects Yvone before looking at the top like device. "No I've never seen anything like that where did you find it."

Amelia:
Deciding that this young aristo might not be so bad Maddie drops a little of her formality. "Okay let me show you to your room." she looks around, the combination of the late time and Ashton's little episode have emptied the tavern. "Then maybe you would let me look at some of those sketches."

Aaron:
Cutting off his and Octavian's portion off the Piloswine Aaron begins to cook his meal. So you were a physic, I've seen a lot of people who claimed to be physic but only a few who actually were.most just had a Kadabra or Gardevoir hidden somewhere faking it. the little Riolu who they had just learned was named Kitai walked up and look longingly at the sizzling meet by the fire. Aaron reads the look and cuts off some more meat and begins to cook it for her. "Wait you mean you lost your physic powers, that's strange what happened."

Esprit15
2012-04-15, 10:03 PM
"I suspect they arose living around Psychic Pokémon. About three days after I left due to events, my powers weakened, and by one week were gone all together. I was pretty powerful too. Got a knife going Mach 2 within ten feet. Shot through the wall behind what I was aiming for and the wall behind that. It's why I meditate. It focuses the mind."

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-15, 10:45 PM
"If you'd like to see them you can have a look," Amelia says with a grin, "if you'd like i can even make a sketch for you. It'll also be a chance for Kuroneko to get some practice in, she's a fast learner."

An Enemy Spy
2012-04-15, 11:41 PM
"I came across it in the woods. There was a skeleton nearby. I think whoever had this before me got killed. I don't know what it is though." He leans in. "It talks."

Cormag81
2012-04-17, 10:47 PM
Dust:
Seeing the look in dust's eyes his father knows that his son isn't lying, " It might be some type of strange pokemon but I don't recagnize it so if it is it must be rare, here try and see I this works," he hands dust a spare Pokeball," If it's a pokemon it should at least attempt to capture it."

Amelia:
"Yeah I would like that, right this way your ladyship," Maddie jokes. She finally opens up entirely, believing she can trust this young woman even if she is an Aristocrat. She turns and leads Amelia up to her room where she spends the rest of the evening looking at the sketch book and playing with Yuko and Kuroneko.

Aaron:
Octavian looks up from the meat cooking by the fire and studies Kyrs for a second, "You said you think your powers were born from being around physic pokemon right. Well I might not be very strong but im still physic, if you want I might be able to help you get at least some of your powers back." Octavian looks up at Aaron, "Assuming thats okay with you." Aaron is surprised by this turn of events but nods his head, "No I don't mind it's not like we have anything better to do now that were stuck here for a while."

An Enemy Spy
2012-04-17, 11:38 PM
Dust knocks the ball against the top. Nothing happens. "I think it's a machine of some kind, but I've never heard of a machine that talks. I think I'll take it into town tomorrow. I need to be going there for another reason anyway."

Esprit15
2012-04-17, 11:46 PM
"I don't know if they ever really tried to help me with instilling me with my powers in the first place, but what the heck." He looks back out at the snow. "Gods, why did we ever climb this thing any-" He looks back at the little Snorunt who was now trying to pin the Riolu to the ground. Right, you.

piemaster
2012-04-18, 10:57 PM
Azealia moved closer to the youths to get a better look at what they were doing "Hey you kids staying out of trouble?"

Cormag81
2012-04-19, 07:33 PM
Azealia:
The kids look up at the new arrival "we're just playing with this spare pokeball we found." the distraction causes the "pokeball" to be dropped and a faint sound comes out "torb"

Dust:
"If its some sort of machine I've never seen it's kind before but some of the travelers that are still in town might know, and there probably a young lady in town who would like to see your new pokemon. So you have my permission to take the day off and go in to town tomorrow but first help me bring in these tools." Dust father waves at the seemingly randomly discarded farm tools lying around the barn and field.

Aaron:
Octavian nods to Kyrs grabs some still raw meet from the cooking stone wolfs it down and then returns to the wrestling match tackling Kyone off Kitai and attempting to hold her down when Kitai repays his kindness by tackling him in turn.
"Well their obviously having fun," He looks back to Kyrs,"Well about where we might be going when this blizzard blows over I think we would be safer traveling together at least until the next town these mountains are home to numerous dangerous pokemon not to mention the brigands that will be trying to pick off travelers weekend by the storm. So what do you say."

Esprit15
2012-04-19, 08:04 PM
"No way I'd dare brave the entirety of the mountains alone, especially with the types of people you'd encounter here." He grabs a piece of meat. A bit raw, but it still was good, the bits of blood satasfying a primal urge to hunt for things, even though he had never killed any animal larger than a Furret.

An Enemy Spy
2012-04-21, 02:53 PM
Dust quickly does the job and goes to bed, dreaming of talking tops, dead men, and a tapdancing Magikarp, though the last one is probably unrelated to the events of the day.
He wakes up refshed and ready to go to town.

Cormag81
2012-04-23, 07:48 PM
Dust:
When dust arrives in town he realizes he doesn't know who to ask about the strange device. Deciding that the piece of strange metal can wait he heads off to see Maddie. When he arrives at the local tavern he sees Maddie talking to a girl about their age who he doesn't recognize.
Amelia:
Amelia wakes up the next morning dreading the idea about confronting the local baron about his recent behavior. deciding to just get it over with she heads downstairs and eats breakfast. She begins to leave when she runs into the girl from the night before. welcoming any reason to put off going to see the baron she strikes up a conversation mid-way through a local farm-boy appears.
Aaron:
"Cool it'll be nice to have someone besides octavian to talk to." He wolfs down his share of the meat. when he is done he looks over at the now exhausted pokemon. "Ready for some food guys," he says as he wave a piece of meat in front of them. octavian snags it from his hand, Kitai is a little more cautious about the meat because she has never cooked any of her food before but after she tries it she wolfs it down at the same rate as octavian. After the food has all been eaten he stands up, "Man I'm beat I think I'm going to hit the hay. Night everyone." Aaron trudges over to his cot with octavian close behind.

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-23, 08:33 PM
Amelia laughs with Maddie, Yoko doing the equivalent while Kuroneko tried to do her own sketch, just trying to draw an empty chair as accurately as possible to get used to it.

She liked this girl, it was a good idea to talk to her more, besides, she owed her a sketch, "so, what would you like a sketch of?" she asked with a grin, she liked sketching, it was calming, and it would help to get her calm enough to talk to the Baron later, even if she was only to give him the letter at first, she knew she'd have to talk to him eventually, and his son too, that'd be fun... not.

Oh well, they could wait until the afternoon, sweat it out as it were.

Esprit15
2012-04-23, 10:14 PM
"Alright. Gute nacht!" He just falls asleep nearer to the cave entrance. Kyone sniffs the meat, but recoils and freezes it. She walks to the entrance and eats a bit of snow before falling asleep on Krys's head.

Anecronwashere
2012-04-24, 04:34 AM
Davik:
(Your original plan was Menio line but bagon line works to. It's up to you)
While Davik is out looking for exotic pokemon he comes across a wounded Chimecho. The pokemon is unconscious and in dire need of medical attention.

Davik rushes to the Pokemon, sliding knee-first in the dirt as he pulls his bag out.
"There there little guy. It's ok. You're safe now... I hope."
Davik pulls a swab out and starts cleaning any wounds it has of dirt, lamenting the fact he hasn't had much medical training, being a breeder and hatcher rather than a healer.
"W-Wait, why would a Pokemon be left wounded and unconscious? Where is it's attacker, or any sort of *gulp* carnivores to eat it."

Sorry for the wait in posting, accidently deleted the IC Thread from my subs

piemaster
2012-04-24, 06:31 PM
Recognising the sound the "pokeball" made Azealia bolted towards the children"Stay back that thing is dangerous!"

An Enemy Spy
2012-04-25, 01:06 PM
Dust props himself up on the bar. "Why don't you do the two of us? Name's Dust by the way."

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-25, 01:14 PM
Amelia turns to the new boy, and grinned, "A pleasure to meet you, I'm Amelia Blackmoor," she then turns to Maddie a mischeivous grin on her face, "he your fiance?" she giggles lightly, "I can do a portrait of you both, if that's what you'd like, however, I'm going to have to speak to the Baron first, my Father's business with him can't be put off for much longer, and he's likey expecting me after I humiliated his son last night."

Cormag81
2012-04-25, 10:48 PM
Azealia:
The kids look at Azealia like she is crazy until one of the kid tries to pick up the "pokeball" then screams with surprise as he gets shocked after that the kids run behind the only authority figure in the area, Azealia.

Davik:
The Chimecho is gravely injured and is fighting for it's life as Davik begins to clean and field dress the wounds to the best of his ability. as he's cleaning the wounds he notices something strange about the wounds but can't place what. He begins to worry about what did this to the poor pokemon and so he looks around while he works. (Wis check to recognize what's strange about the Chimechos wounds.)

Amelia/Dust:
Maddie knows better then to add fuel to the fire Amelia is trying to start with her fiance comment. "Amelia this is Dust, Dust, Amelia. Yes I would like you to sketch the two of us if you can make this idiot sit still for more then a few seconds." She turns to and smacks dust hard across the jaw. "What is wrong with you setting out on your first capture attempt with a week old pokemon you could have been hurt or worse." her rage subsides as she sees how unhurt, Besides the growing red make across his face, Dust is. (Spy make a Wis check to recognize Amelia's family name)

Aaron/Kyrs:
Aaron and Kyrs sleep fairly well but wake up to a blizzard that has only intensified overnight. They wake up and eat a breakfast of leftover Piloswine then Octavian looks at Kyrs "Since we have nothing better to do we might as well get started trying to unlock your powers"

Edit:
OOC: sorry forgot to put up the dc for those checks you fine spy needed a five to recognize but maybe my heads just screwed up but I thought Amelia live to the south of the town (correct me if I'm wrong.)
DC for davik: <6 knows somethings strange but can't place it. 6-15 realizes that the wounds are to thin and precise to have been made by pokemon must have been done by knives. 15< realizes that not only are they knife wounds but none are mortal by themselves only reason the chimechos in trouble is due to the shere number of wounds implieing the poor beast was tortured.

An Enemy Spy
2012-04-25, 10:57 PM
Roll for Wis. [roll0]
"Ow! Damn, honey! I should've just brought you along to punch out something. Anyway, I didn't even use Croco. I caught it the old fashioned way with a net."
He looks at Amelia.
"Blackmoor? You're one of those Blackmoors from the north, aren't you?"

Esprit15
2012-04-25, 11:09 PM
"Sure, it's not as though we'll be going anywhere any time soon."

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-26, 01:17 AM
"Yes, part of the main family, as it is," Amelia says, "I'm actually here on business to talk with the Baron and his son about there conduct here, would have been here sooner but he kept silencing our contacts."

An Enemy Spy
2012-04-26, 01:44 AM
"Well I would never speak a word against our beloved and benevolent leader, but I hope he and his bastard son get what's coming to them."

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-26, 09:22 AM
"If what i have heard so far is true then he will, and you'll likely have a new 'leader' as it were," she says, then sighs, "Father likely wants me to take the role considering he sent me up here for this, and gave me a letter to give to the Baron with that mischeivous glint you normally see in a skitty or glameow."

Cormag81
2012-05-01, 11:52 PM
Dust/Amelia:
Maddie looks at amelia with renewed respect "what you think your dad is going to but you in charge of our town." She thinks of this nice young lady replacing the old bastard and his family. "That would be awesome. Does your dad have that much power?"

Aaron/Kyrs
"Okay lets get started." he looks over at aaron who is starting to grin at the thought of his little pokemon teaching this human who is three times his size. "In private" he adds and begins to walk off toward the back of the cave. after a few minutes of sitting bored by the fire Aaron gets up and move to the opposite side of the fire and begins to go through the motions of the self defense techniques of his home city. seeing what he's doing the lucario comes over and offers to teach him. Welcoming the idea of a sparing partner, Aaron begins to train.

Edit: OOC this is me giving the story a jump start sorry for the wait guys was trying to give pie and ancron a chance to post but I got bored.

Esprit15
2012-05-01, 11:59 PM
"So what should I do?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-05-02, 12:38 AM
"He's an Archduke, practically a king, he pretty much owns the mountains around here," Amelia sighs, "and he's the most eccentric man you'd ever meet. If he came here, I think the Baron would walk out of town wondering what the hell happened," she says with a laugh, "and i don't know for sure if he's having me run the area, it's just a hunch based on knowing him for my whole life. And he knows i'd prefer to be a breeder than a duchess, and he likes annoying me."

OOC Thinking her father would be a bit like Urahara from Bleach

An Enemy Spy
2012-05-02, 06:57 PM
"Doubt it. I heard the Baron has fought in more wars than most people have even heard of. They say he's got Pokemon powerful enough to take on a whole city if he ever wanted to. Actually, we should stop talking about this at all before somebody reports us. There's a reason his family's held on to this place for so long."He looks at Amelia curiously. "You know, you don't talk much like a noble. I thought you people were supposed to above talking with us common folk."

EdroGrimshell
2012-05-02, 07:30 PM
"Most of my friends are not nobles, it's a lot of fun really," She says, grinning, "and you've never met my Father, be thankful for that, he can talk anyone into doing anything unless they're me or my grandmother. The Baron's scared of my Father, he's a breeder with access to old tech, a lot of money, and a lot of rare pokemon. Trust me, he can do a lot with it, Yoko was one of his more unique ones, she's part meinfoo," she grins, "But he has a dragon type that'd rival anything the Baron has. Anyway, I'll be going for now, would you like to come with me?"

An Enemy Spy
2012-05-02, 11:17 PM
"No. I have some business I need to take care of."

piemaster
2012-05-04, 03:44 PM
Azealia checked to make sure the children were a safe distance away assessed the situation, since it looked as though there was no one else in the general vicinity besides her and the kids it was up to her to make sure no one got hurt.

Cormag81
2012-05-05, 06:33 PM
Dust/Amelia:
Maddie looks curiously at dust "What kind of work could you have in town. All the work you every do is a mile and a half outside of town on your family farm. "

Azealia:
The "Pokeball" is attempting to gather energy to defend itself if necessary. The Kids are standing behind Azealia not sure how to react to being attacked by a pokeball.

Aaron/Kyrs:
"Well we should start with the basics something easy how about..." Octavian looks around until he sees Aaron training on the other side of the fire. Octavian looks back a Kyrs, "I know how about you try and distract Aaron by talking directly to his mind like I'm doing know. Thats a much simpler thing to do then lifting a rock and it's a simple way to teach you to use your mind as a weapon."

Esprit15
2012-05-05, 06:42 PM
"That requires the ability to even project my thoughts, but okay." He closes his eyes and calms himself. His fingers twitch at his side as he tries to feel the world without touching it. He focuses on communicating a simple thought to Aaron: Can you hear me?