PDA

View Full Version : [nWoD] 1001 Rejected Changeling Concepts

Lord_Gareth
2012-02-25, 10:54 PM
The idea should be obvious - post some Changeling: the Lost concepts that are either possible in-universe (but would always be rejected) or would just never fly at any table, ever - such as:

#1 - "Chuck Norris is my Fetch."

Lord Raziere
2012-02-25, 11:15 PM
2: My Fetch became Hitler?

Need_A_Life
2012-02-26, 06:36 AM
John McClane and his fetch, Bruce Willis.
They fight crime!

The_Snark
2012-02-26, 06:39 AM
#4. In 1972, a crack commando unit was captured by the Gentry and imprisoned for a crime they didn't commit. They eventually escaped from the dread realms of Arcadia to the Hedge, and from there to the Los Angeles freeholds. Today, still hunted by their jailors, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the Fae-Team.

Lord_Gareth
2012-02-26, 06:46 PM
...I love you Snark. Internet-marry me.

Mono Vertigo
2012-02-27, 04:01 PM
#5. My fetch was mistakenly kidnapped by the Gentry and become a Changeling. My fetch also has a fetch. Might not be possible in the RAW. Who cares? FETCHCEPTION.

Tiki Snakes
2012-02-27, 07:29 PM
#5. My fetch was mistakenly kidnapped by the Gentry and become a Changeling. My fetch also has a fetch. Might not be possible in the RAW. Who cares? FETCHCEPTION.

Well, by RAW probably. By Fluff though, I'd say it almost works.
Change mistakenly to Deliberately and it seems pretty believable for a suitably troll-tastic Gentry.

(Also, been reading around know your meme, so all I can think is "I accidentally my own fetch. Is this dangerous?")

6# "Mr Green" (http://youtu.be/fFXp1xYJ1YI), an amphibious changling who, after failing at his dream of running a theater spent some time as a local-tv reporter. He escaped the possessive attentions of his Mad, piglike lady-gentry captor and now lives in horror of once again hearing her whiney, high pitched and sickly sweet voice.

(I'm totally playing this one at my first available chance of course.)

Grytorm
2012-02-28, 12:02 AM
7) How d'you do, I see you've met my faithful handyman
He's just a little brought down because when you knocked
He thought you were the candyman.
Don't get strung out by the way that I look,
Don't judge a book by its cover
I'm not much of a man by the light of day,
But by night I'm one hell of a lover

I'm just a Sweet Transvestite from Transexual, Transylvania.

So let me show you around, maybe play you a sound
You look like you're both pretty groovy
Or if you want something visual that's not too abysmal
We could take in an old Steve Reeves movie.

I'm glad we caught you at home, could we use your phone?
We're both in a bit of a hurry.
We'll just say where we are, then go back to the car
We don't want to be any worry.

So you got caught with a flat, well, how about that?
Well babies, don't you panic.
By the light of the night when it all seems alright
I'll get you a satanic mechanic.

So why don't you stay for the night? Or maybe a bite?
I could show you my favourite obsession.
I've been making a man with blond hair and a tan
And he's good for relieving my tension

So come up to the lab. And see what's on the slab.
I see you shiver with antici... pation!
But maybe the rain isn't really to blame
So I'll remove the cause, but not the symptom.

Sith_Happens
2012-02-28, 02:42 AM
8. A changleing who speaks solely by quoting Internet memes.

9. Contracts of the Elements (asbestos)

Heliomance
2012-02-28, 05:42 AM
10 on escaping their Keeper, a changeling flees into the wilds of Arcadia. Running heedlessly, they come across an enormous glass tower. Inside is a kindly lady who grants them sanctuary, fighting off the Keeper when they come looking. They teach the changeling a little of the mysteries of time and fate, then point them on the path back to the real world :D

Nerd-o-rama
2012-03-04, 09:15 PM
7) How d'you do, I see you've met my faithful handyman
He's just a little brought down because when you knocked
He thought you were the candyman.
Don't get strung out by the way that I look,
Don't judge a book by its cover
I'm not much of a man by the light of day,
But by night I'm one hell of a lover

So let me show you around, maybe play you a sound
You look like you're both pretty groovy
Or if you want something visual that's not too abysmal
We could take in an old Steve Reeves movie.

I'm glad we caught you at home, could we use your phone?
We're both in a bit of a hurry.
We'll just say where we are, then go back to the car
We don't want to be any worry.

So you got caught with a flat, well, how about that?
Well babies, don't you panic.
By the light of the night when it all seems alright
I'll get you a satanic mechanic.

So why don't you stay for the night? Or maybe a bite?
I could show you my favourite obsession.
I've been making a man with blond hair and a tan
And he's good for relieving my tension

So come up to the lab. And see what's on the slab.
I see you shiver with antici... pation!
But maybe the rain isn't really to blame
So I'll remove the cause, but not the symptom.

Sounds like a Fae to me.

Lord Raziere
2012-03-04, 10:10 PM
11. "I didn't find Arcadia that bad."

12. "The Keeper didn't do anything bad to me."

13. "The Thorns were friendly to me because I used Contract magic to make sympathetic to my story."

14. "I made a Contract with the Thorns themselves."

15. "My character is too stupid to go insane/realize that Arcadia is bad."

16. Contract of Elements (Periodic Table Of)

17. Contract of Clarity

18. Contract of Victory

19. Contract of Success.

20. "The Thorns are in love with me, and want to caress me, and want to ravage me like a japanese school girl…."

The Glyphstone
2012-03-05, 12:01 AM
12. "The Keeper didn't do anything bad to me."

I don't see anything wrong with this concept, if you still come out of Arcadia screwed up. Someone on the WoD thread had talked about a Gentry who thought and acted like a crazy cat lady, and abducted people to turn them into her cats - the example PC was a house-cat who got spoiled rotten and lavished with tons of affection until he got lost and wandered out through the edge, now a Beast-seeming Changeling who didn't remember how to speak and licked himself clean instead of bathing...plus, the sweet old lady would want her beloved pet back.

21: Allies 5 (Gentry)

Lord_Gareth
2012-03-05, 12:03 AM
17. Contract of Clarity
19. Contract of Success.

Contracts of Lucidity and Contracts of Hearth, bro. Both of these are canon.

EDIT: For that matter, Contracts of the Board is pretty much Contracts of Victory.

CarpeGuitarrem
2012-03-05, 12:31 AM
22. My Little Changeling: Madness is Magic (who says the Gentry don't kidnap rational ponies?)

23. My changeling has a Hollow inside of a blue police call box from 1960s London, and he has contracts with Time and Space, and he's a Fairest...

Lord Raziere
2012-03-05, 12:43 AM
ok then, I'll have to come up with real Rejected ones then!

24. Contract of Omnipotence

25. Changeling who gets a Goblin Contract to become immune to Disquiet

26. Changeling who gets a Goblin Contract to help his Mage friend out with Paradox.

27. Changeling that figures out a Contract to somehow get normal people to not only accept, but welcome magic into their daily lives.

28. Contract of Trash

29. Contract of Exalted

30. Changeling that gets abducted by a Space Marine, and is then put through an Arcadian WH 40k lookalike world, and comes back out a badass.

31. Changeling with a Keeper who wants to serve him forever.

Sith_Happens
2012-03-05, 02:05 AM
32. A low-Clarity changeling who thinks he's a magical girl. Yes, I said he.

Heliomance
2012-03-05, 09:29 AM
I don't see anything wrong with this concept, if you still come out of Arcadia screwed up. Someone on the WoD thread had talked about a Gentry who thought and acted like a crazy cat lady, and abducted people to turn them into her cats - the example PC was a house-cat who got spoiled rotten and lavished with tons of affection until he got lost and wandered out through the edge, now a Beast-seeming Changeling who didn't remember how to speak and licked himself clean instead of bathing...plus, the sweet old lady would want her beloved pet back.

I had a fantastic Changeling character who was treated well in Arcadia Well, for a while.
He came from an abusive family originally, stumbled into the Hedge by accident. He was picked up by a Keeper, who treated him amazingly well. Loved him, cared for him, treated him like a beloved son. This went on for a year and a day. He was starting to learn to trust again, starting to learn to accept love, healing the damage his family had done to him.

Then, after a year and a day, she kicked him out unceremoniously. Kicked him out into Arcadia to fend for himself, with no explanation given. He managed to get along okay, just about, until after a few weeks she revoked his contract with food and water. He managed to stumble back into the hedge just before he starved - and the first thing he saw was a clump of fear gortach.

When he eventually found his way back to the mortal world, he'd learned a lot about survival in the hedge. He ended up a Wizened Woodwalker, more comfortable in the Hedge than anywhere else. And dear lord did he have trust issues.

Civil War Man
2012-03-05, 11:25 AM
#4. In 1972, a crack commando unit was captured by the Gentry and imprisoned for a crime they didn't commit. They eventually escaped from the dread realms of Arcadia to the Hedge, and from there to the Los Angeles freeholds. Today, still hunted by their jailors, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the Fae-Team.

This needs to be done. I'm going to have to start brainstorming a C:tL one-shot with pregen characters. I'm thinking a Soldier, Larcenist, Moonborn, and Render.

comicshorse
2012-03-05, 05:13 PM

23. My changeling has a Hollow inside of a blue police call box from 1960s London, and he has contracts with Time and Space, and he's a Fairest...

You know I was toying with this one only he's a Gentry who either gets his companions killed by exposing them to hideously dangerous situations or shows them worlds of wonders then abandons them back in mundane reality

Grytorm
2012-03-05, 07:16 PM
Sounds like a Fae to me.

Perfect reason to be rejected then. You could probably base a Changeling the Lost game on the film that song is from.

Nerd-o-rama
2012-03-07, 12:09 PM
Perfect reason to be rejected then. You could probably base a Changeling the Lost game on the film that song is from.

It would be a lot more self-consistent than the film/play itself.

comicshorse
2012-03-07, 12:16 PM
33.Summer Court Changeling with Contract of Punishing Summer 2 and Eternal Summer 5

'In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who serve the Gentry's might
Beware my power, bright Summer's light '

Civil War Man
2012-03-07, 05:31 PM
34. A Spring Court Manikin whose keeper forced him to watch terrible movie after terrible movie. He was only able to maintain his sanity by a combination of making fun of the movie with his Manikin friends and by performing amusing skits for his Keeper at periodic points before, during, and after the film.

Lord_Gareth
2012-03-07, 10:01 PM
33.Summer Court Changeling with Contract of Punishing Summer 2 and Eternal Summer 5

'In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who serve the Gentry's might
Beware my power, bright Summer's light '

You are a bad person and should feel bad. :smallbiggrin:

comicshorse
2012-03-07, 10:17 PM
You are a bad person and should feel bad. :smallbiggrin:

So you don't want to hear my idea for a Beastkin Skitterskulk with enough Contract of Darkness and Fang and Talon to enable him 'to do whatever a spider can' ?