PDA

View Full Version : Zid´s RHOD IC

Zid
2012-02-26, 04:53 PM
The trip into the Elsir Vale has been a pleasant one. Leaving Dennovar, and then Brindol behind, your small party has made good time going up the old Dawn road, once an important trading road, but now almost desolate. You have only met a few merchants, mostly carrying harvest towards Brindol. This is rural country if there ever was one, and your feet are sore from the travel.

The man who sold you the Map to Vrath Keep was adamant. There is treasure to be had there, he said. And artefacts of great power. You had outstayed your welcome in Dennovar anyway, and the man seemed to be telling the truth. Or perhaps you just hoped he did.

It´s afternoon, and the temprature is somewhat lower now than during midday. You are waling through a somewhat forested area, and if you keep up the pace, you should be coming to Drelin´s Ferry, a small town, just before nightfall.

Rannik, Ülfthane, Arytiss, Lingi and Horace are here. You have met and made friends in Dennovar, or been part of the same adventuring party for a long time. Feel free to make conversation. You have not met Jon yet.

Duncfoo
2012-02-26, 06:26 PM
Horace was only slightly more cheery this morning than others. "At least it isn't raining. I swear, one more day of drizzle and I was going back to Dennovar," Horace pauses and makes a sign against bad luck, "Not that anything would be better there." he finishes with a mumble.

Horace is still slightly new for the others, he just joined the group in Dennovar, a place that everyone heard from Horace had portends of doom. According to Horace though, most things seem to carry a foreboding aura.

Questing Beast
2012-02-26, 06:44 PM
Lingi

Oh Horace please take a new thread of conversation you have been complaining about the weather for days and it is rather a dreary topic, you hear the elf chuckle to himself slightly as if he thought of something quite amusing...

Lingi continues walking along the road kicking a loose stone just ahead of him again and again striving to split his attention in multiple ways practicing his spell craft with ornate hand gestures, the occasional mumbled phrase and an imagined component while at the same time attempting to observe his surroundings and commit them to memory for review that evening. "Yes, the weather has been dreary." As if the subject of Horace's is now dealt with and dropped Lingi tries to shift subjects to something imminently more import to his personal agenda, "I was wondering if there will be anything left at this Vrath Keep if others seem to know it's worth?" Lingi seems to let the sentence trail off to let someone else follow his trail of bread crumbs.

Jopustopin
2012-02-26, 06:50 PM
Ux Arytiss

For those who speak draconic the dragonborn giant's name means "Platinum Warrior." He looks the part. A huge creature, weighing over 300 lbs and towering above the group at eight feet tall. Equipped with a massive bow that could punch an arrow through an anvil and a wicked looking falchion custom made for his size. The blade is beautiful and the hilt is adorned with dragons curled around the blade. The sword has yet to earn a name.

Like all dragonborn Arytiss was reborn with a gift; massive platinum wings that when fully stretched made Artyiss appear even larger and more powerful. It does add to his intimidating aura.

To those who have known Arytiss for some time his demeanor is often serious as if he bears an unknown stress. Unexpectedly he'll play a practical joke or some other unexpected, out of character act and after the laughter he gets back to business. He swears often in draconic, is meticulous with his appearances, and loves all forms of competition.

"If there is even a chance that an artifact is in the keep then we should find it, and secure it. I'll not allow such a thing to fall into the wrong hands." Arytiss says in response to Lingi

razorback
2012-02-26, 07:22 PM
Ülfthane, or Ülf as his friends had come to call him, not knowing that it annoyed him a bit to be called by his childhood nickname, listened to the banter.
I imagine that others were not as crafty and intelligent as us, so they may have missed clues that would help ferret out hidden treasure, to be sure. How much further do you think it will be?

Questing Beast
2012-02-26, 11:23 PM
Lingi

Nodding his head at the others comments, "To be sure, to be sure. There are few as intelligent as [almost imperceptible pause (almost)] us, but that does not mean there are any leavings. Others could well be on their way to thwart our desires so I suggest we not dally overlong in the hamlet we approach. Feeling quite proud of allowing the rest of the group he is with to share in the "intelligence" he smiles and looks very pleased with the niceties of being civil.

razorback
2012-02-27, 11:33 AM
Ülfthane arched an eyebrow and smirked but didn't reply to Lingi, content to let him think whatever he wanted.

Duncfoo
2012-02-27, 03:37 PM
Horace stops to think about Lingi's question, "Well, they could be as intelligent but that doesn't mean they could be powerful. Maybe we find a pile of bones at the door step... Or that they would even be able to find the place. How exact is that map anyways?"

Zid
2012-02-28, 05:11 AM
As the party discusses their latest plans they make good time along the dawn road. The sun slowly settles behind them, and it seems that their shadows are speeding ahead. They pass through several small glades and a few houses, some abandoned and in disarray, others in top condition. Birds sing angrily at each others, staking their territory. A bit ahead the road turns, and a small cottage is seen through the trees.

razorback
2012-02-28, 09:06 AM
Maybe Ülfthane uttered aloud We should find a place to be bedding down for the night? Maybe the good folk at yonder farm have a barn they could rent out? Maybe a hot meal for a few coin, too?

stack
2012-02-28, 09:45 AM
Jon Greenleaf (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=31478)

Voices coming down the road, walking into a trap. No time to warn them. If I fly, I will be in no position to fight. If I sneak, they will be in the trap. I wish I could talk when I change skins. I hope they aren't ones to look a gift bear in the mouth.

The bare-foot, rough clad man bends down in the wood. His body morphs, subsuming his clothes. Black fur sprouts all over as his fingers shorten and thicken, hands and feet sprouting claws, teeth sharpening. In a moment there is only a black bear standing there, unusual only for it's curiously bright green eyes.

The bears moves ahead, skillfully navigating the underbrush, then let's out a mighty roar as it charges the nearest hobgoblin. That should get their attention.

wildshape into a black bear
Str 19, Dex 13, Con 15
AC 15 (18 in bear form)

Fort 6
Ref 5
Will 2

46/46 HP

Listen +11
Search +1
Spot +11

2 claws +9 melee (1d4+4) and bite +4 melee (1d6+2)

+4 bonus Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks, +4 bonus damage rolls vs goblinoids, pinpoint position within 60', +1d6 damage if evil (Nemesis feat)

move silently to get close [roll0], then roaring to announce presence, then a charge attack (if possible)

attack (claw) [roll1] (includes +2 from charge)
damage [roll]1d4+8[roll] (includes +4 from favored enemy)
if evil [roll2]

Zid
2012-02-29, 03:30 PM
Suddenly, the calm is shattered. From the woods come a mighty roar, as a large bear bursts from the undergrowth. It comes with bared teeth and claw, but doesn´t attack the wanderers, rather a mail-clad warrior that had been hiding behind a tree.

Suddenly, the air is filled with shouts, and around the party warriors come out of hiding. They are Hobgoblins, clad in armour and with long curved bows and shields.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

[roll4]

[roll5]

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq175/cdratik/RHOD/Namnls.jpg

Duncfoo
2012-02-29, 04:02 PM
It may not be Horace's first ambush, but its surely a new concept to the young disciple. He flinches first at the roar and then at the hobgoblins before he moves up behind the large winged warrior and brushes his hand across a wing, whispering one of his stolen secrets. "Oh the omens talked about this this morning!"

Move: Behind Arytiss
Standard: Aid on Arytiss ([roll0] Temp HP, +1 to Attack and Saves vs Fears)
Swift: None

razorback
2012-02-29, 05:50 PM
Ülfthane hears the roar of the bear as it goes charging into the brush.
Looking around, he sees hobgoblins appearing from the brush.
<I hope that thing is friendly or at least hobgoblin hating> he thinks to himself.

He incants, the magic flowing from his hands as the energy emanates from him and his movements, and the movements of his friends, takes on a frantic energy.
He then drops back a few steps and draws his crossbow, preparing to shoot.

Casting haste on all allies within 30'.

When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding. The attack is made using the creature’s full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a weapon of speed, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can’t use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.)

A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses.

All of the hasted creature’s modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject’s normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature’s jumping distance as normal for increased speed.

Moving two squares to the left (as viewed from my computer)

razorback
2012-02-29, 05:54 PM
Ülfthane hears the roar of the bear as it goes charging into the brush.
Looking around, he sees hobgoblins appearing from the brush.
<I hope that thing is friendly or at least hobgoblin hating> he thinks to himself.

He incants, the magic flowing from his hands as the energy emanates from him and his movements, and the movements of his friends, takes on a frantic energy.
He then drops back a few steps and draws his crossbow, preparing to shoot.

Casting haste on all allies within 30'.

When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding. The attack is made using the creature’s full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a weapon of speed, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can’t use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.)

A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses.

All of the hasted creature’s modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject’s normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature’s jumping distance as normal for increased speed.

Moving two squares to the left (as viewed from my computer)

Questing Beast
2012-03-01, 09:40 PM
Lingi

Seeing the attackers the first thing that Lingi does back away from them to open himself up to casting spells as he giggles a bit and draws his Rapier, "Fools you think to attack us?" Lingi casts a spell and multiple images of him appear moving through and around each other. He obviously didn't mean "us" as in him and his companions.

Mirror Image[roll0]