PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age Character

DiscipleofBob
2012-02-26, 10:24 PM
I'm making a character for a Dragon Age pen & paper this Thursday. I'm not sure what kind of character yet, all I know is there'll be 4 players, we'll all be level 1 and the character concept involves being part of a merchant caravan.

I don't intend to commit to a particular concept until I see what everyone else is playing for sure. So far, one player is leaning towards a destructive, greedy apostate, one player is leaning towards a dual-wielding rogue or warrior based off their character from the game, and the final player mentioned sword and board. There's always the chance that someone could change their mind sometime soon, but I was just looking for general advice on creating a good character and surviving in the Dragon Age tabletop.

Sith_Happens
2012-02-26, 11:20 PM
So far, one player is leaning towards a destructive, greedy apostate,

Be a Templar. What could possibly go wrong?TM :smalltongue:
Please don't actually do this.

Yora
2012-02-27, 11:38 AM
I would suggest some kind of rogue who has some experience as a caravan guard. It's a simple concept that can be customized to a huge variety of personalties and that's a valuable addition to any group.

DiscipleofBob
2012-02-29, 01:09 PM
Be a Templar. What could possibly go wrong?TM :smalltongue:
Please don't actually do this.

That's a GREAT idea! [/sarcasm]

Still probably won't decide on a final concept until tomorrow when we actually make characters, especially since it's likely the other three characters will be one of each. Mostly trying to finalize the vague concepts for whatever I pick.

If I end up being a Warrior, then I had the concept in my head of a 2-handed brute-type mechanically and fluff-wise a big, strong, slow-to-anger mute who basically ends up cleaning up after the rest of the party (literally and figuratively).

If I play a Mage, it'll probably be some variation off of my main game character (though obviously not the Gray Warden bit), so a destructive mage who keeps escaping the Circle Tower, being brought back, and survives due to not actually being a blood mage and having a higher-up relative with a lot of political influence.

If I play a Rogue, I'll probably do some sort of archery rogue since the other potential rogue-player showed more interest in the dual-wielding aspect. No idea on character concept, though while brainstorming I did come up with some setting-appropriate limericks.

At least these are the basic concepts I'm playing with so far.