View Full Version : Fred: The Show

NinjaStylerobot
2012-02-27, 02:33 AM
Fred the Movie.

Fred the Movie 2

Fred the show.

FRED THE SHOW!

FRED THE SHOW

FRED THE SHOW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred:_The_Show)

:smallfrown:

NinjaStylerobot
2012-02-27, 03:35 AM
everybody ****ing hates Fred.

Now THAT is a show I would watch.

"Everybody ****ing Hates fred".

Seriously, when was the time children's shows actually cared?

nyarlathotep
2012-02-27, 03:53 AM
Now, MLP:FIM cares and is obstinately aimed at little kids. The main thing is that there are a metric ton of kids shows being made all the time, and you only remember the good ones. Some specific shows (Thomas the Tankengine, Seseme Street, etc) have stopped caring as years went on but that is par for the course on a long runner.

NinjaStylerobot
2012-02-27, 05:10 AM
Well Im sad about cartoon network mostly. It had a 80% positive hit or miss show ratio (Or higher).

Dexter, Samurai jack, PowerPuff Girls, KND (I watched it again- Its pretty good), Ed edd and eddy, Jhonny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Sheep in the Big City.

The only misses I can think of is Cow and Chicken and I am weasel.

Traab
2012-02-27, 08:50 AM
Fred is one of several youtube clip sets that have been unilaterally banned from being played in my house. The other one I can think of off the top of my head is the annoying orange. It didnt get banned right away, but after clip number 30 of the freaking thing with no signs of stopping, it had to be done. That tv show will never be played on any tv in my house, nor will the movie ever darken the dvd drive of my player.

Lord Seth
2012-02-27, 11:09 AM
Some specific shows (Thomas the Tankengine, Seseme Street, etc) have stopped caring as years went on but that is par for the course on a long runner.How did Sesame Street "stop caring"?
I'm just entirely baffled as to why they do this since it seems to me everybody ****ing hates Fred.You mean other than the 2.2 million subscribers and the 5+ million who watched the second movie? (7+ million watched the first)

Though I do wonder if it can sustain a TV series...the movies have worked out, but those were one-shot events that got a fair amount of promotion. I'm dubious about whether it can sustain an audience through an actual TV series. The YouTube videos get lots of viewers, sure, but those are short skits, not full episodes (admittedly, the "full episodes" are only quarter of an hour rather than a full half hour, but that's still 2-3 times as long as most of the YouTube videos), and there's a fair amount of differences between a TV series and a YouTube series.

Maxios
2012-02-27, 11:18 AM
Well Im sad about cartoon network mostly. It had a 80% positive hit or miss show ratio (Or higher).

Dexter, Samurai jack, PowerPuff Girls, KND (I watched it again- Its pretty good), Ed edd and eddy, Jhonny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Sheep in the Big City.

The only misses I can think of is Cow and Chicken and I am weasel.

I liked Cow and Chicken :smallamused:.

HFool
2012-02-27, 05:14 PM
So this is like a sort of riff thread, right? Nobody can be seriously upset and up in arms about something like this. Right?

NinjaStylerobot
2012-02-27, 05:51 PM
To be honest- I kinda am. This is ****. And parents are allowing kids to eat thi absolute ****.

Starwulf
2012-02-27, 05:55 PM
How did Sesame Street "stop caring"?You mean other than the 2.2 million subscribers and the 5+ million who watched the second movie? (7+ million watched the first)

Though I do wonder if it can sustain a TV series...the movies have worked out, but those were one-shot events that got a fair amount of promotion. I'm dubious about whether it can sustain an audience through an actual TV series. The YouTube videos get lots of viewers, sure, but those are short skits, not full episodes (admittedly, the "full episodes" are only quarter of an hour rather than a full half hour, but that's still 2-3 times as long as most of the YouTube videos), and there's a fair amount of differences between a TV series and a YouTube series.

That many people actually WATCHED those incredibly stupid movies? It must be because John Cena is his dad and is in the the movie a few times(I know he is in the first one, no idea about the second). I really can't imagine anyone finds any sort of entertainment value in those movies, not even as a "so bad it's good" kind of things. It's a "So bad, it's freaking awful and needs to be chopped up into fine bits, then fed to pigs, who are then slaughtered, the remains fed to dogs, who are then slaughtered, made into horse food, who are then killed and whose bodies are cremated" kinda thing. I despise the Fred movies ><

Kindablue
2012-02-27, 06:01 PM
That many people actually WATCHED those incredibly stupid movies? It must be because John Cena is his dad and is in the the movie a few times(I know he is in the first one, no idea about the second). I really can't imagine anyone finds any sort of entertainment value in those movies, not even as a "so bad it's good" kind of things. It's a "So bad, it's freaking awful and needs to be chopped up into fine bits, then fed to pigs, who are then slaughtered, the remains fed to dogs, who are then slaughtered, made into horse food, who are then killed and whose bodies are cremated" kinda thing. I despise the Fred movies ><

Christ, man, get off the fence!

Starwulf
2012-02-27, 07:12 PM
Christ, man, get off the fence!

Yeah, I know, I'm so wishy-washy!

Traab
2012-02-27, 07:32 PM

I dont care about any of the other details, its his (*%)(*&^)&(*^ mother %$#@#donkey copulating %$#^$#^% tard of the ^%$^%# licks ^%#@ VOICE! That VOICE is pure agony in vocal patterns, it is pain that can drown out your own screams of torment, its is the sound of ultimate suffering. Not someones elses ultimate suffering, but the sound that causes your own. Wolverine could be killed by listening to that voice for too long. It could kill off The Highlander simply by making him refuse to return after his head explodes. Bottom line, Fred's voice is not pleasant.

Lord Seth
2012-02-27, 08:34 PM
So this is like a sort of riff thread, right? Nobody can be seriously upset and up in arms about something like this. Right?Never underestimate the power of people to get outraged because people enjoy something they don't.

Saint Nil
2012-02-27, 08:47 PM
While by no means can I enjoy the show, when my cousin showed it to me I did notice something interesting. Something that almost made the show worth watching.

You have an incredibly over excitable boy with a seeming uncaring mother and no father in the picture. This results in the boy creating a delusion where his father is John Cena: strong, masculine, supportive to the boys problems, everything he desires. His over reactions are so strong and delusional that you could almost think he is in need of serious evaluation.

He extends his delusional world to the real world, and his actions are just as confusing to those around him as they are to us. While some children might find the yelling and absurd comedy amusing, the show seems to have stumbled upon the drama of a mentally ill boy whose abusive and neglectful family don't take the actions to help him.

When viewed in this light the show (while still loud) can actually be interesting to discuss, and certainly makes it more bearable.

TheSummoner
2012-02-28, 12:56 AM
You have an incredibly over excitable boy with a seeming uncaring mother and no father in the picture. This results in the boy creating a delusion where his father is John Cena: strong, masculine, supportive to the boys problems, everything he desires. His over reactions are so strong and delusional that you could almost think he is in need of serious evaluation.

Which only means that in concept, that sort of thing could have potential. It's the annoying ear-rape execution that makes it so damned unbearable.

But see... The worst part part isn't the fact that this show exists. A show is easy enough to ignore provided it isn't saturating the airwaves to the point that it is all but unavoidable. No... The worst part is the advertisements. See... There are a few guys on YouTube I watch regularly. And YouTube makes you sit through ~5 seconds of ad minimum before you can skil assuming that it lets you at all. That's 5 seconds of ear rape (or in most cases for me, an instant reload and take my chances with the next ad)

Xondoure
2012-03-04, 02:38 PM
Which only means that in concept, that sort of thing could have potential. It's the annoying ear-rape execution that makes it so damned unbearable.

But see... The worst part part isn't the fact that this show exists. A show is easy enough to ignore provided it isn't saturating the airwaves to the point that it is all but unavoidable. No... The worst part is the advertisements. See... There are a few guys on YouTube I watch regularly. And YouTube makes you sit through ~5 seconds of ad minimum before you can skil assuming that it lets you at all. That's 5 seconds of ear rape (or in most cases for me, an instant reload and take my chances with the next ad)

Hit mute until the add is over?

Mynxae
2012-03-07, 07:21 AM
What about any of the more modern cartoon shows?

I'm personally a Ben 10 fan. I blame my half-sister who's 10 years younger than me. xD I practically raised her since my Mum was too busy with 'other' things to look after her. So.. I had to watch TV with her a lot. :P

Oh also on classic cartoons, I love Pokemon, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh. If you suggest anything past Season 2 for those series's then you'll be stabbed in the kidneys. :P

Traab
2012-03-07, 11:57 AM
What about any of the more modern cartoon shows?

I'm personally a Ben 10 fan. I blame my half-sister who's 10 years younger than me. xD I practically raised her since my Mum was too busy with 'other' things to look after her. So.. I had to watch TV with her a lot. :P

Oh also on classic cartoons, I love Pokemon, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh. If you suggest anything past Season 2 for those series's then you'll be stabbed in the kidneys. :P

Ugh, kids these days. Since when the HELL is pokemon considered a classic cartoon? Classic cartoons are looney tunes, or mickey mouse.

Sanguine
2012-03-07, 12:02 PM
Ugh, kids these days. Since when the HELL is pokemon considered a classic cartoon? Classic cartoons are looney tunes, or mickey mouse.

Or Gargoyles.

irenicObserver
2012-03-07, 12:05 PM
Or Spider-man, or what they used to show on Boomerang.

Maxios
2012-03-07, 12:13 PM
Or the Flintstones

NinjaStylerobot
2012-03-07, 04:21 PM

OH GOD! :smalleek:

Flashes back to the five seconds glimpsed watching "Looney tunes the show"

Said by Female bunny:

"Is Bugs cheating on me?"

TheSummoner
2012-03-07, 11:44 PM
There's a word that describes most shows aimed at kids these days.

That word is derp.

You do not want your shows to be derp.

Jamin
2012-03-07, 11:58 PM

look you are not the classic police. Also I think it is great that someone can make a bunch of videos on youtube and get a show on a major network. I hope the show does well I watched both movies and they are okay yeah the voice is dumb but whatever I hope this show goes on to make a lot of money

Xondoure
2012-03-08, 01:27 AM
look you are not the classic police. Also I think it is great that someone can make a bunch of videos on youtube and get a show on a major network. I hope the show does well I watched both movies and they are okay yeah the voice is dumb but whatever I hope this show goes on to make a lot of money

Adventure time already proved this concept, save it for shows that deserve it.

Jamin
2012-03-08, 04:14 AM
Adventure time already proved this concept, save it for shows that deserve it.

Can't you just be happy for a kid who got a lucky break. Yeah it is not your cup of tea but clearly people like it. I think that the fact that this exits is great for everyone out there on the youtubes. This kid did in fact work hard to get this. I am really sick of 14-24 year olds hating on people like justin biber and this Fred guy. You can say they have no talent and that may be true i don't really care. But these people have become successful doing what they love and you don't have to watch or interact with it just mute the adds. I won't be watching the show but I consider this a win for the little guys.

NinjaStylerobot
2012-03-08, 04:31 AM
I would be glad if little guys won, If they where nott so awful.

Fred rise to infamy goes like this:

First he does something that requires no talent

Then he gets noticed by a girl that has a show that ALSO requires no talent.

Has him star in the show for an episode where we find out that if you don't like fred, they will bash you over the head with a tennis racket until it breaks.

Then he gets his own movie
A sequel
And a TV series.

Its that his show is targeted to children. This shows such a level of "I dont give a ****" from parents that I believe that "Pooping but" is the same level of comedy as this.

Why not? Whiny screaming child for 20 minutes. Why not just show a pooping but for 20 minutes as well?

If he got to stardom by pooping on camera and then marketing it to kids, would you also be happy for the little guy?

Lord Seth
2012-03-08, 09:21 AM
Adventure time already proved this concept,From what I understand, Adventure Time didn't start as a YouTube video. It was just a short for Random! Cartoons (a TV series with...well, a bunch of random cartoons), which later got put online and went viral.

Come to think of it, do we even know for sure the fact the video online became so popular was a reason Cartoon Network picked it up...or rather, that they wouldn't have picked it up anyway? The situation was that Nickelodeon passed on it and then Cartoon Network picked it up, but it is possible it would've been picked up as a series even if not for the popularity of the YouTube episode.

Jamin
2012-03-08, 02:30 PM
I would be glad if little guys won, If they where nott so awful.

Fred rise to infamy goes like this:

First he does something that requires no talent

Then he gets noticed by a girl that has a show that ALSO requires no talent.

Has him star in the show for an episode where we find out that if you don't like fred, they will bash you over the head with a tennis racket until it breaks.

Then he gets his own movie
A sequel
And a TV series.

Its that his show is targeted to children. This shows such a level of "I dont give a ****" from parents that I believe that "Pooping but" is the same level of comedy as this.

Why not? Whiny screaming child for 20 minutes. Why not just show a pooping but for 20 minutes as well?

If he got to stardom by pooping on camera and then marketing it to kids, would you also be happy for the little guy?
Yeah haters gonna hate. 90% of all TV is awful I just feel that the fact that this kid got break is something to be happy about rather than deride. If it is so easy to do than why don't you make a better show and you should get a TV deal. Also I thought the movie was somewhat clever there was alot of dark humor in both movies. It is clear that you hate Fred but 1 His show is no worse than say power rangers samurai which is boring and lifeless. At least Fred looks like he is having fun.

Maxios
2012-03-08, 02:33 PM

If the guy managed to become a celebrity by doing this, I'm pretty sure I'd lose a little bit of my faith in humanity.

Seriously though, the kid had a dream, and he achieved that dream. Sure, the result of that dream might not be funny, or annoying; but that does show kids that when you work hard, your dreams can come true.

NinjaStylerobot
2012-03-08, 02:48 PM
Yeah haters gonna hate.

Which has become a phrase I hear with MANY things.

Birth of a nation: Haters gonna hate

Battlefield Earth: Haters gonna hate

Titanic the animated musical: Haters gonna hate

:smalltongue:

90% of all TV is awful I just feel that the fact that this kid got break is something to be happy about rather than deride.

If a kid got a break selling cyanide to kids would you ne happy?

Hes Awfull, and the fact that kids are allowed to watch that **** sickens me.

If it is so easy to do than why don't you make a better show and you should get a TV deal.

Im serious. It is. Millions of people can/ have do this. He just got it out of sheer luck.

Talk about being crazy. Use squeeky voice software.

Boom. Thats LITERALY all there is. No subtext. Noe hidden subtleties. Thats IT.

power rangers samurai which is boring and lifeless.

Who said I was advocating power rangers samurai.

At least Fred looks like he is having fun.

Pretty sure he is. That completly doesn't matter.

Seriously though, the kid had a dream, and he achieved that dream. Sure, the result of that dream might not be funny, or annoying; but that does show kids that when you work hard, your dreams can come true.

Actually thats proof that if you accidentally press the right buttons you get a movie deal. Its incredibly discouraging.

CHRIS HASTINGS is proof that hard work and talent gets you somewhere.

Mystic Muse
2012-03-08, 03:30 PM
If a kid got a break selling cyanide to kids would you ne happy? I think comparing Fred: The show to a substance that will literally kill somebody is going way over the top.

Hes Awfull, and the fact that kids are allowed to watch that **** sickens me. So, you don't want kids to be allowed to watch something based on the fact that you don't like it? I don't mind if you're disgusted by the fact that kids want to watch it, but saying you don't think they should be allowed to watch it is going too far.

Besides, they're kids. Lots of people like stupid stuff when they're kids. I liked a lot of stupid stuff when I was a kid. I realize now that said stupid stuff was objectively crap, and I don't watch it any more. The same thing will probably happen with Fred: The Show.

Pretty sure he is. That completly doesn't matter.
I disagree. It might not matter to you, but I think ultimately, whether one enjoys what they're doing or not is extremely important.

Actually thats proof that if you accidentally press the right buttons you get a movie deal. Its incredibly discouraging. This is the way life is.

CHRIS HASTINGS is proof that hard work and talent gets you somewhere.

Maybe he is. Personally, I never heard of the guy until you just now brought him up.

Now, I'm not trying to defend the show. I myself have no love for Fred, won't watch the show, and couldn't if I wanted to. I think you're massively overreacting though.

NinjaStylerobot
2012-03-08, 04:13 PM
Now, I'm not trying to defend the show. I myself have no love for Fred, won't watch the show, and couldn't if I wanted to. I think you're massively overreacting though.

Its just awful seeing my sisters zoned out on this idiot. I mean I don't mind if its something with substance but FRED THE SHOW? Its just a symbol for corporate laziness.

Might as well show "Pooping ASS- The series"

Lord Seth
2012-03-08, 04:52 PM
Which has become a phrase I hear with MANY things.

Birth of a nation: Haters gonna hate

Battlefield Earth: Haters gonna hate

Titanic the animated musical: Haters gonna hateI don't think Birth of a Nation belongs in that list you said. The other films you mentioned were bad because they were badly put together. Birth of a Nation is actually put together really well, particularly considering its time. Yes, there are certainly some extremely racist portions to it, but the film is still made well and the direction is excellent. Many editing and directing techniques that we take for granted were pioneered in this movie. I do not believe that it would be an exaggeration to say that every modern film owes something to this movie.

Criticize it for its racist content all you want, but do not compare of the most innovative and important films ever made to Battlefield Earth or Titanic the Animated Musical.

NinjaStylerobot
2012-03-08, 05:26 PM
Sorry I was going to far.

Traab
2012-03-08, 08:14 PM
So, you don't want kids to be allowed to watch something based on the fact that you don't like it? I don't mind if you're disgusted by the fact that kids want to watch it, but saying you don't think they should be allowed to watch it is going too far.

I would let my niece watch it. But only if we had a completely sound proof room in which i could seal her until the show ended. Fred by himself isnt bad. He isnt advocating sex drugs and rock and roll, he isnt spewing racist rhetoric, or any other thing that would make parents stop their kids from watching. He is just so god awful painful to listen to, that it isnt about whether its suitable for children, its about if we can survive hearing his voice without developing a migraine in the process. I cant. Therefore my niece doesnt get to watch.

Mystic Muse
2012-03-08, 08:28 PM
I would let my niece watch it. But only if we had a completely sound proof room in which i could seal her until the show ended. Fred by himself isnt bad. He isnt advocating sex drugs and rock and roll, he isnt spewing racist rhetoric, or any other thing that would make parents stop their kids from watching. He is just so god awful painful to listen to, that it isnt about whether its suitable for children, its about if we can survive hearing his voice without developing a migraine in the process. I cant. Therefore my niece doesnt get to watch.

Now this, I don't mind. You have the right to restrict whatever media you want in your own home, and if you can't stand it, then you can ban the show from your house. It's saying that kids shouldn't be allowed to watch it period that I think is an overreaction. Like you said, there's nothing horribly bad the show is advocating, it's just an irritating show.

Traab
2012-03-08, 08:44 PM
I think its meant more as a NIMBY ban than a direct, "Someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN!!!" style they cant watch it thing. I honestly have no clue as to what the show is about, my ears reflexively try to shut down any time my niece tried to play a youtube clip and I doubt the show is any better, so I cant say whether the show is appropriate or not for kids. All I know is, Not In My Backyard dammit! Well, maybe in the backyard. With the doors and windows shut I shouldnt have to listen to it myself.

TheSummoner
2012-03-08, 11:14 PM
Ok... So he enjoys what he's doing. Fine, good for him.

He's able to make money by doing something he enjoys. Wonderful. Good for him.

He has a TV show because he does something he enjoys... Why does this matter? See this is where I disagree. It isn't a good thing that he has a TV show just because he enjoys what he's doing. Some people enjoy smoking crack, should they get TV shows? If they did, would that be a good thing? No, quality is what matters. What he does isn't funny. It doesn't require any talent. It's just ear rape and idiocy.

As for whether or not I would let someone watch his show if it were up to me? Well, Traab, I have to agree with you on a few points. The show doesn't advocate sex or drug use or anything like that, you're right there, but I still wouldn't let any kids watch it if it were my choice. See, the thing I think you might be overlooking is that kids have a tendency to repeat things. Seal that niece of yours in a sound proof room while she watches it if you like, but there's still a good chance that she'll do her best to immitate that ear-rape screech the moment the door opens. I'd personally find it less objectionable to have a kid watch something clever and witty that perhaps has an occasional crude joke (nothing too dirty of course) or joke that only the parents would get or violent scene than... Well, ear-rape.

Jamin
2012-03-09, 02:20 AM
[QUOTE=TheSummoner;12864709

He has a TV show because he does something he enjoys... Why does this matter? See this is where I disagree. It isn't a good thing that he has a TV show just because he enjoys what he's doing. Some people enjoy smoking crack, should they get TV shows? If they did, would that be a good thing? No, quality is what matters. What he does isn't funny. It doesn't require any talent. It's just ear rape and idiocy.

[/QUOTE]

What is with all the this crack stuff are you really saying that speaking high-pitched is equal to crack. Also I know two people in real life who speak in ways much worse than Fred could ever hope to. Also I disagree about the quality. I think fred is above most other shows on nick or disney or cartoon network in terms of wit. I really think the dark almost tragic nature of Fred is interesting sure the voice is annoying but someone who has watched both movies I thought they were above par for kid made for tv movies not great or even good per say just better than most. I doubt most of the people on here hating on Fred have even seen them. I did not find them ear-rapey(a term I dislike) at all yes the voice is not good but jar-jar is much worse. Nor did I think them the work of idiots there were funny jokes in them which makes it better than 90% of all of Family Guy. Bottom line the movies(have not see the show if it is out) are about par for kids shows which is to say not good but not worthy of the pure foaming hate he gets. I have no idea why I am defending this so much but I just like the idea that in the future shows could be formed on the internet and if they get popular bought to the masses via tv. This show is for better or worse popular. The sad fact of life is that all media is not about quality but about what will get butts in seats or eyes on the screen. And I feel that if Fred getting a show i step away from the out of touch suits making all the decisions than shine on kid who makes Fred.
THE END

irenicObserver
2012-03-10, 02:20 AM
I see a lot of poor arguments being made. I'll say this, no matter what you say, Lucas enjoys doing it, people enjoy it, that's all that matters. Not every story has to be worked hard on to give some meaty subtleties, the main reason people do stuff like he does is because he has a good idea (and no matter what you subjectively think if it has positive interest it is good) they want to share, and hope someone enjoys it. That's the bottom line, this is an argument of standards and subjectivism and frankly no one will agree. Y'all need to calm down about a tv show you do not have to see or hear.

You're niece tries to imitate the show and what you do? Politely and civilly ask her to not do that around you, it's that easy. You do not to foam at the mouth for a show you honestly do not have to experience firsthand. If you do, muddle through and deal with it, professionally and maturely like the adults you are criticizing a show for an audience far below your level.

Lord Seth
2012-03-10, 03:26 AM
This show is for better or worse popular.I'm not sure I'd call it that. Sure, its ratings (so far) have been okay, but it's not bringing in the numbers for Nickelodeon in the same way that shows like iCarly or Victorious do.

Jamin
2012-03-10, 01:16 PM
I'm not sure I'd call it that. Sure, its ratings (so far) have been okay, but it's not bringing in the numbers for Nickelodeon in the same way that shows like iCarly or Victorious do.

I meant the internet show i did not even know the show was out yet.

TheLaughingMan
2012-03-11, 12:50 AM
Your niece tries to imitate the show and what you do? Politely and civilly ask her to not do that around you, it's that easy.

Children /= Adults

As such:

Discipline Suitable for Adults /= Discipline Suitable for Children

I mean, I'm not sure if there's ever been an era where one could have a 'polite and civil' conversation with your average preteen without their parents hovering directly behind them. They don't really care whether or not you 'approve' of their obnoxious habits, they'll just complain about having to follow rules they (don't understand)/(conflicts with their interests) once you're out of earshot.

More on topic, having Fred on T.V. is the least of my grudges against children's programming. I'm just rather annoyed that I'll have to be seeing adverts for it.