Milo v3
2012-02-27, 05:12 AM
Armor Of Flesh
Transmutation
Level: Cleric 6, Dread Necromancer 6, Sorcerer/Wizard 6
Components: V, S, F, DF
Casting time: 1 Move Action
Range: Touch
Target: One Undead creature that is the same size or larger than the caster and controlled by the caster.
Duration: 1 minute/level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell causes the caster to phase through the targeted creature and then take control of its motor functions. The caster uses the targets Str, Dex, Con scores, HP, Natural Armour Class, Extraordinary Abilities, and Physical Attacks. But keeps his own Int, Wis, Cha scores, Feats, and Class Features, except for spells.

If the target dies the spell ends except that for the rest of the duration the caster can stay phased inside the corpse. When this spell's duration end or it is dismissed the caster is phased out of the target. The caster lands adjacent to the target but the caster can choose where.

Focus: The Target Undead.

JoshuaZ
2012-02-27, 09:01 AM
Armor Of Flesh
Transmutation
Level: Cleric 6, Dread Necromancer 6, Sorcerer/Wizard 6
Components: V, S, F, DF
Casting time: 1 Move Action
Range: Touch
Target: One controlled Undead Creature that is at least one size larger than the caster
Duration: 1 minute/level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell causes the caster to phase through the targeted creature and then take control of its motor functions. The caster uses the targets Str, Dex, Con scores, HP, Natural Armour Class, Extraordinary Abilities, and Physical Attacks. But keeps his own Int, Wis, Cha scores, Feats, and Class Features, except for spells.

If the target dies the spell ends except that for the rest of the duration the caster can stay phased inside the corpse. When this spell's duration end or it is dismissed the caster is phased out of the target. The caster lands adjacent to the target but the caster can choose where.

Focus: The Target Undead.

Interesting idea, but needs both a save and spell resistance. Otherwise, I can use it on undead that are attacking me, or on an undead BBEG.

Yitzi
2012-02-27, 11:39 AM
Interesting idea, but needs both a save and spell resistance. Otherwise, I can use it on undead that are attacking me, or on an undead BBEG.

That's why "controlled". Maybe it should be specified that it must be your control.

Milo v3
2012-02-27, 03:49 PM
That's why "controlled". Maybe it should be specified that it must be your control.

I'll add that in so that they can't use it on BBEG's and such.

Madara
2012-04-05, 08:17 PM
You could specify one "Willing" undead. Since you control it, you can make it willing.

except for spells

That's the one thing balancing it.

Also,
The caster uses the targets Str, Dex, Con scores, HP, Natural Armour Class, Extraordinary Abilities, and Physical Attacks.

Undead don't have Con scores.

I think you could let it work on undead "The same size or larger"

Milo v3
2012-04-05, 08:31 PM
You could specify one "Willing" undead. Since you control it, you can make it willing.
A good amount of undead is mindless and thus can't be willing. So I just made it that you have to control it.

That's the one thing balancing it.
Can I ask how this is overpowered? :smallconfused:

Undead don't have Con scores.
So you would get - as your Con. Or if your using the Tome of Necromancy or some variant it might have a score and you would gain it.

I think you could let it work on undead "The same size or larger"
Done.

Madara
2012-04-05, 08:41 PM
Can I ask how this is overpowered? :smallconfused:
Done.

If it/you die, the caster still lives. Undead can be built to have a lot of hit points and if you can rebuke/ control undead, you can get some really crazy Extraordinary attacks. Now, if you could still cast spells in this form, then you are essentially invincible. As is however, the lack of casting keeps this rather reasonable.

Milo v3
2012-04-05, 08:55 PM
If it/you die, the caster still lives. Undead can be built to have a lot of hit points and if you can rebuke/ control undead, you can get some really crazy Extraordinary attacks. Now, if you could still cast spells in this form, then you are essentially invincible. As is however, the lack of casting keeps this rather reasonable.

Undead generally don't have much health compared to their HD. Because this you generally can only control a either a large number of weak undead or a small number same level undead. So the forms you can go into are generally not going to have much HP.

Madara
2012-04-05, 09:28 PM
ok, for the sake of this, I'm going to go with the DN.

He is 12th level when he gets this spell, and has an undead Hit Cap of 84(7x12)(Assuming +3 Cha bonus)

Modern necromancers are smart and control a few much stronger undead. In theory he could PAO to get a Skeleton dragon which would dominate with this spell, but we'll be nice and go with a Giant. Undead Mastery give +2HP/HD for animated dead, which stacks with Corpsecrafter for another +2HP/HD and Desecrate for another +2HP/HD.

Cloud Giant is CR 11 and has 17HD

17d12(ave 6)+102=204HP at 12th level, along with a strength of 39 and huge size. A DN who went with being Necropolitan would have 12d12(12+ave 6x11) = 78hp if they weren't necropolitan and had a good con bonus(+2), that'd be 12d6(6+ave 3x11+24)= 63hp

Either way, If they had spell casting in addition to this, it would be madness. :smallsmile:

:smallsigh: I appologize. I had forgotten about this problem (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magicJar.htm). Carry on, or think of lowering the level even. This spell is limited to just undead so...yeah

However, I will repeat that I love this spell and would probably use it if I can in my next game.