PDA

View Full Version : Cleansing Mind (Psychometabolism) Discipline Powers

Cravix
2012-02-27, 12:35 PM
So im working on a all psionic campaign with no arcane or divine magic. I wanted to give my players a different way to heal.

Cleansing Mind (Psychometabolism) Discipline Powers

1. Mind over Flesh I: Target heals d4 damage
Thicken Skin A: Gain +1 enhancement bonus to your AC for 10 min./level.
2. Lifeforce Infuse I: Target gains 1 hp regen for 1 min/level
3. Mind Over Flesh II Target Heals 1d10 damage
Hustle: Instantly gain a move action.
4. Life Pulse: Sends out healing pulse that heals 1d8 damage to all friendly targets.
Lifeforce Infuse II: Target gains 3hp regen for 1 min/level
5. Psionic Revivify A X: Return the dead to life before the psyche leaves the corpse.
Restore Extremity: Return a lost digit, limb, or other appendage to subject.
6. Mind over Flesh III: Target heals 2d8 damage
Restoration, Psionic: Restores level and ability score drains.
7. Lifeforce Infuse III: Target gains 5hp regen 1 min/level
Mind over matter: Target is healed of all diseases and mental conditions
8. Life Pulse II: Send out healing pulse that heals 3d10 to all friendly targets
9. Life Bomb: Sacrifice yourself to heal all friendly targets of all damage, conditions and negative scores.

A few of these or existing powers while others are new. I havnt wrote up the fine detail of the new powers yet but powers like Mind Over flesh you can spend power points equal to the power level to heal that much again. IE 2 power points spent on Mind over flesh would heal 2d4 damage. Life Bomb completely disintegrates the manifester. Please ask questions and critique.

Vauron
2012-02-27, 02:34 PM
First, I feel you would have been better served by finishing the powers before making a post.

Secondly, there is no 'hp regen' in 3.5. From the sound of things you want Fast Healing.

Third, the potency seems very very low. To compare, a level 3 cleric casting Cure Moderate Wounds, a level 2 spell, would heal 8 hp on average. A level 5 psion manifesting Mind of Flesh II, a level 3 power, would heal 6 on average. Alternatively, the same level 5 psion could manifest Mind of Flesh I to heal an average of 15 hp.

Additionally, do you intend these powers to be used in combat? In combat healing is generally considered a poor use of a turn as damage scales much faster, but its also the main reason I can see for a 'big' lump of up front healing. If you aren't worried about being stabbed, than the slower healing of Lifeforce Infuse or Vigor will be superior. The price of the later Mind of Flesh powers are so ridiculously high for so little gain that they might as well not exist at all.

I'm unsure why you chose to make so many hp healing powers. Having several powers related to putting the party back together when things break is perfectly fine, but the massive amount of duplication of the hp healing spells seems unwise.

WhatsWithCanada
2012-02-29, 09:52 PM
Also, you forget about augmentations. There is no such thing as advanced versions of powers in psionics 3.5. Instead, you take a base power and it has an augmentation attached to it that allows you to power up the base power to a higher level of potency.

For example:
"Body Adjustment
Psychometabolism (Healing)
Level: Psion/wilder 3, psychic warrior 2

Power Points: Psion/wilder 5, psychic warrior 3
You take control of your body’s healing process, curing yourself of 1d12 points of damage. As usual, when regular damage is healed, an equal amount of nonlethal damage is also healed.

Augment
For every 2 additional power points you spend, this power heals an additional 1d12 points of damage."

There is no Greater Body Adjustment. You just pump regular Body Adjustment until you have the desired potency. Also, your healing amount is really low. Give your rates, it's cheaper to Empathic Transfer half their wounds and just Body Adjustment it away. Consider making the target heals one power a level higher than Body Adjustment but giving the same augmentation and healing.