PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Making a Synthesist Summoner

WhiteFox
2012-02-27, 08:16 PM
Hello!

I'm trying to make a Pathfinder Society legal summoner at level 2 (I have GM credits). A PFS legal character is normally a core race with a 20 point buy.) Monster feats are not permitted (so no improved natural attack). However most things from the 4 core books are allowed.

Also PFS characters rarely go past level 12, so I'm focusing on a build that is very effective early to mid range as everything past 12 is useless.

I'd like to build something with using only natural weapons and be half-elf (as I like their style). I want to be absolutely terrifying in melee combat.

What are some recommendations on evolutions, point build, traits, and feats? I also wish to bipedal.

I also want to be the primary face with a great diplomacy or bluff. Feel free to optimize on the entire build.

If possible can someone build this up to level 5 and give some advice towards 10?

Thank you very much for your help.

Blyte
2012-02-27, 09:50 PM
It would do you well to check out the summoner handbook here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184592&highlight=summoner%27s+handbook).

I wouldn't suggest a synthesist summoner as the base summoner and master summoner (master particularly in upper levels) are mo betta imho, but if you insist on playin one, here is a decent .5 elf

Definately opt for the HE favored class alternative for bonus evolutions.

Feats-
1 - cosmopolitan (diplomacy & bluff)
1he - skill focus (UMD, diplo, or bluff)
3 - weapon focus (natural weapons) *
5 - desperate battler
7 - extra evolutions
9 - rending claws *
11 - rending fury *

* (assuming this is legal by PF society rules, since you, the summoner, have no natural attacks) ...but this is why the synthesist is so weak, his eidolon has no feats, so he has to pick them up for the suit to use.

Eidolon build - basically opt for extra claws, pounce, rend, energy attacks, and large size when available.. it's not that hard.

jaybird
2012-02-27, 10:00 PM
Does Rending Fury stack? As in...can you trigger Rend more then once/round? It's easily possible with a mid-level Eidolon focused on Pounce/Claw.

EDIT: never mind, just found it in the SRD.

WhiteFox
2012-02-27, 10:49 PM
Unfortunately the master summoner archetype is banned in Pathfinder Society and the extra evolutions feat can't be taken by a synth as he gives up the eidolon class ability.

Pilo
2012-02-28, 03:53 AM
Race: Half-elf to get 0.25 evolution point per level as a favored class bonus.
Alternative Racial Traits:
Ancestral Arms: Bastard sword.

20-points buy:
Str: 7 (+4)
Dex: 7 (+4)
Con: 7 (+4)
Int: 16(-10)
Sag: 14(-5)
Cha: 18+2(-17)

Spells:
Lvl 0:
Acid splash
Detect magic
Read magic
Mage hand
Light

Lvl1:
Enlarge Person
Mage Armor
Rejuvenate Eidolon

Eidolon:
Base from: Bipedal
Lvl 2:
Bab: +2
Armor bonus: 10+2(Base) +2(Eidolon modification)+2(Improved natural armor)

Evolutions(4.5points):
Free: claws, limbs (arms), limbs (legs)
Improved natural armor(1)
Limbs(arm)(2)
Claws(1)

Standard attack while fused: 2-handed Bastard sword: +5 (1d10+4)
Full attack: 1-handed Bastard sword: +5 (1d10+3) + 3 claws +5 (1d4+3)