PDA

View Full Version : Oops a innocent Warblade mistake?

Evard
2012-02-28, 10:59 AM
So I made a warblade that I thought was by the book but by a msg I just got... there is a table in the book that basically says a level 6 warblade can't take a "warblade 6" manuever.

I used a friend's copy of the book he bought from ebay and aparently the pages were stuck together and we both missed it.

What is the highest level manuever a 6th level warblade can take?

Dusk Eclipse
2012-02-28, 11:01 AM
3rd level maneuvers, they get access to higher level maneuvers at the same rate as prepared casters get new spell levels (formula is [Spell/Maneuver level * 2]-1)

Drathmar
2012-02-28, 11:34 AM
So I made a warblade that I thought was by the book but by a msg I just got... there is a table in the book that basically says a level 6 warblade can't take a "warblade 6" manuever.

I used a friend's copy of the book he bought from ebay and aparently the pages were stuck together and we both missed it.

What is the highest level maneuver a 6th level warblade can take?

Warblade 6 means it is a 6th level maneuver of a school the Warblade gets access to, not that you need 6 levels in Warblade to take the maneuver or that you can take it at Warblade 6.

There is a table in the book under the blade magic section that talks about initiator levels and gives a table showing at what initiator levels you get each level of maneuver.

Ast
2012-02-28, 04:25 PM
It's really the same as with "Cleric 9" or "Sorcerer/Wizard 9". It's the spell level which requires you to be (usually) at least 17th level.

ngilop
2012-02-28, 04:33 PM
its already been said but I am just going to add, don't fret it no biggie really, i still run into people thinking that their 1st level character can cast 4th levle spells due to their 18 stat :)

accidents happen, as long as you make it known you didn't quite understand the rules or what have you and correct it no harm no foul.

Telonius
2012-02-28, 11:57 PM
You're absolutely not alone. I'd guess that somewhere around 50% of the people who read the book miss the "Highest Level Maneuvers Known" table even when the pages aren't stuck together. It's on page 39, miles from anywhere the reader would expect it to be. (Seriously, worst formatting decision since the Duskblade's spell list in CArc). It takes the same progression as a Wizard's spell availability.

Drathmar
2012-02-29, 09:58 AM
You're absolutely not alone. I'd guess that somewhere around 50% of the people who read the book miss the "Highest Level Maneuvers Known" table even when the pages aren't stuck together. It's on page 39, miles from anywhere the reader would expect it to be. (Seriously, worst formatting decision since the Duskblade's spell list in CArc). It takes the same progression as a Wizard's spell availability.

Agreed. Omg... I still remember thinking the Duskblade was the worst class ever because I thought it's spell list was ONLY the spells in the back of the book.