PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Attacking Undead enchantment

chaotician375
2012-02-28, 11:19 AM
OK, so the Ghost Strike weapon enchantment allows critical hits on undead, and the Grave Strike spell allows Sneak Attack on undead. Is there a weapon enchantment that allows for one to sneak attack undead. And if not why? I know that undead don't have important parts in D&D for precision damage to effect, but if there's one for critical hits, why not sneak attack.

Diarmuid
2012-02-28, 11:42 AM
OK, so the Ghost Strike weapon enchantment allows critical hits on undead, and the Grave Strike spell allows Sneak Attack on undead. Is there a weapon enchantment that allows for one to sneak attack undead. And if not why? I know that undead don't have important parts in D&D for precision damage to effect, but if there's one for critical hits, why not sneak attack.

One of the Weapon Augment Crystals from the MIC will allow for this.

Igneel
2012-02-28, 12:12 PM
One of the Weapon Augment Crystals from the MIC will allow for this.

Greater Truedeath, 6,000 gp, requires a +3 weapon to be put on, allows Crits and Sneak Attacks.

Alternatively the Demolition crystal does the same thing to Constructs at the same price, so I think it wouldn't be too outrageous to assume that making a homebrewed one for Plants, Oozes and/or Swarms at the same price could be allowed.

Kadarai
2012-02-28, 12:22 PM
There is the Truesilver enchantment from Ghostwalk, but this is 3e and i don't recall seeing it updated. I am not sure if the ghoststrike weapon works as u said. it is supposed to ignore miss chances not allowing crits.

I think that u have better luck using rogues innate abilities to sneak attack undead. Check Dungeonscape for a substitution lvl tha tallows half the sneak attack dice to have to any immune target and the Complete Champion for Sacred Strike for a more "Van Helsing" tone.

chaotician375
2012-02-28, 12:34 PM
There is the Truesilver enchantment from Ghostwalk, but this is 3e and i don't recall seeing it updated. I am not sure if the ghoststrike weapon works as u said. it is supposed to ignore miss chances not allowing crits.

The Ghost Touch out of DMG ignores miss chance, Ghost Strike From MIC lets you crit, but the weapon must already have Ghost Touch as a synergy prerequisite.