PDA

View Full Version : Trying to create a 3.5e Ryner Lute

PowerGamer
2012-02-28, 09:00 PM
I wasn't sure where to correctly post so I just posted here.

So, I was trying to figure out how to make a character like Rynder Lute from Legend of the Legendary Hereos. I have a feeling the best way to do this is through homebrew but I'm not sure. The only thing I can think of is a Psion/Wizard/Cerebremacer. Help!!!!

HMS Invincible
2012-02-29, 10:55 AM
You shouldn't try to create overpowered heroes who's only deficit is that they are depressed.
Anyway, off the cuff, I'd say greater celerity into casting whatever spell they are casting, but instantly analyzed.
You celerity to interrupt their spell casting, spell craft check it, then cast your copy of their spell. Throw in time stop if you ever plan on leveling the guy, it should help deal with the dazing, or just make him immune to daze somehow. There's a couple items that make him immune. Make him a wizard, then cast off the spell point system.
Now you have a caster who can "instantly" analyze any caster he faces, and destroy them. If he ever panics, start firing off disjunction, that will teach them from using those pesky artifacts that keep kicking his butt.

PowerGamer
2012-02-29, 04:45 PM
Woah there!! Sorry I'm a little confused. I've never played a wizard before and almost everything you said just went flying over my head.

PowerGamer
2012-03-03, 12:45 PM
Ok I did some searching. Still confused on the greater clarity and how the copying their spells works. Please explain

----EDIT----

OH!! CELERITY!!! Ok, I get it now. So cast celerity but how am I able to copy the spell they are casting?