PDA

View Full Version : Turning Yourself Undead?

Zombulian
2012-02-28, 11:23 PM
Hey guys, I remember seeing a trick on the forums around here a while ago that was instruction on a trick to turn yourself undead. Some way that gave you no LA and you kept all your memories and such.
The general idea is you put onyx over your eyes, prepare a Create Undead spell in some way to be used on you after you die, lie down, and kill yourself.
You come back as an undead a little bit later.
I have the vague idea that the type of undead you are comes somewhere from the BoVD but I'm not entirely sure.
Help? :smallfrown:

Ernir
2012-02-28, 11:41 PM
You're probably looking for necropolitan, from Libris Mortis.

Zombulian
2012-02-28, 11:59 PM
I should have specified that I am NOT looking for necropolitan.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-02-29, 12:28 AM
Maybe some sort of Contingent (upon your death) Create Greater Undead?

Zombulian
2012-02-29, 12:39 AM
Maybe some sort of Contingent (upon your death) Create Greater Undead?

THAT WAS IT!

Chess435
2012-02-29, 12:49 AM
Is it just me, or are the forum advice gurus getting ridiculously good at answering questions really quickly? :smalltongue:

Zombulian
2012-02-29, 01:28 AM
Is it just me, or are the forum advice gurus getting ridiculously good at answering questions really quickly? :smalltongue:

Well I think this trick was brought up in another thread.
Contingent Create (Greater?) Undead, put onyx in your mouth, and slit your own throat. Turn into a Bone or Corpse Creature and BAM you are now undead with no adverse side effects. Except, do you lose a level when you die but aren't raised?

Chess435
2012-02-29, 02:55 AM
Well I think this trick was brought up in another thread.
Contingent Create (Greater?) Undead, put onyx in your mouth, and slit your own throat. Turn into a Bone or Corpse Creature and BAM you are now undead with no adverse side effects. Except, do you lose a level when you die but aren't raised?

Nope, you only take level loss if you're raised. :smalltongue:

jara
2012-02-29, 09:29 AM
i remember i posted something a month or so ago about craft contingent spell [upon death] create [greater?] undead [bone creature]

it's what i did with my current necromancer character. probably my favorite character so far. fun stuff.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-02-29, 12:37 PM

Heh. I'ev never been referred to as an advice guru before. I'm oddly touched.

As a bonus, if you have half-decent wisdom, after you 'awaken', it's specifically stated that you can spellstitch yourself (page 161, CAr) for extra fun.