PDA

View Full Version : Extra Actions for an Action Starved Bard [3.5]

kulosle
2012-02-29, 12:14 AM
So in am upcoming game I've noticed a lack of actions for my bard. Ideally in one round I would like to start my DFI and IC, have a move action to activate my war weavers tapestry, cast inspirational boost and also i was told there was a spell that gives all your enemies vulnerable to sonic, does anyone know where that is? If it exists I would like to cast it as well.

So my DM thinks that combine song from the Seeker of Song PrC must be cast as a standard action, even if I have the song of the white raven feat or harmonize active. We decided to ask the forum and see what you think. Seeker of song says "activates both using the same standard action." Does this mean it can't be changed, or does changing the activation time for normal bardic music apply to it? He is also unsure if a harmonize weapon could concentrate on it for me.

I could persist harmonize if that helps with figuring any of this out. Also my DM allows you to trade down actions. So if I have an extra move or standard action they could be used as a swift action instead. I mention this because the only extra actions I can find are for standard.

Any advice on how one might achieve having a very awesome first turn like this? What I have so far is if combine song works like I want it to then I can combine DFI an IC as a swift, move to cast from my tapestry, quicken cast inspirational boost as a free action, and cast the sonic vulnerability spell. This is only if the combine song works like I want it to. What if it doesn't? All of the extra action methods i can find involve being not a bard.

deuxhero
2012-02-29, 12:16 AM
Unless you can grab 3.0 haste somehow, Belt of Battle (MIC) gets extra standard actions (or full round if you blow more charges) at the cost of taking a swift action to use.