PDA

View Full Version : Highly unlikely...

PallElendro
2012-02-29, 12:18 AM
I think the human would die of [REDACTED] before giving birth. Unless, the dragon's... hmm.

Enlong
2012-02-29, 12:23 AM
Half-dragons and dragon ancestry are already a thing.

An established, regular thing, never mind the, er, logistics of it.

Gift Jeraff
2012-02-29, 12:26 AM
When the dragon is the male, odds are shapeshifting was involved.

Hopefully.

SaintRidley
2012-02-29, 12:30 AM
When the dragon is the male, odds are shapeshifting was involved.

Hopefully.

When the dragon is female, the same.

I say we don't count out the possibility that Girard has two grandmothers - that dragon in the family tree might well have been a lady dragon who liked to get kinky with the local humans with some shapeshifting shenanigans.

Eldray
2012-02-29, 12:51 AM
Well, all those caster levels that dragons have are there to compensate for something, you know.

KillianHawkeye
2012-02-29, 09:42 AM
If this is a problem, you're thinking too much.

PallElendro
2012-02-29, 10:20 AM
When the dragon is female, the same.

I say we don't count out the possibility that Girard has two grandmothers - that dragon in the family tree might well have been a lady dragon who liked to get kinky with the local humans with some shapeshifting shenanigans.

See the boobs on the human?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-02-29, 10:42 AM

I think his point that most shapeshifting abilities, including spells, do not restrict you from being the opposite gender and any *ahem* activities that you do while shapechanged will have an effect based on your assumed gender at the time. For example, if a Silver Dragon (male) transformed into a Human female, got pregnant with a real human male and then tried reverting to his normal male Silver Dragon form the baby would be aborted. But if a female dragon transforms into a male of a different species and inpregnants a non-dragon, I believe it will fall under the "no longer attatched" clause of such abilities in that the do not revert back. But after conception it doesn't matter if it reverts back as its no longer gametes but zygotes so reverting back will produce a true half-breed.

Particle_Man
2012-02-29, 11:55 AM
Maybe the human will lay a soft egg. If she can give birth to a human baby, she can lay an egg the size of a baby's skull.

raymundo
2012-02-29, 01:40 PM
That's quite a thing. It obviously happened, so why are you trying to "proof" it is impossible, when it is clearly not?

On everything else: Magic

jere7my
2012-02-29, 01:50 PM
I say we don't count out the possibility that Girard has two grandmothers

Most people have two grandmothers. :smalltongue:

JCarter426
2012-02-29, 03:23 PM
I say we don't count out the possibility that Girard has two grandmothers

I'd say it's very likely Girard has two grandmothers. Barring incest and divine intervention, I'd even go so far as to say it's impossible he doesn't.

Most people have two grandmothers. :smalltongue:
Bah, that's what I get for cleaning my work area instead of refreshing the forums every 10 seconds. :smalltongue:

Roland Itiative
2012-02-29, 03:27 PM

Well, the Draketooths do seem to have a tradition of being Illusionists :smalltongue:

But seriously, the "two grandmothers" argument doesn't work. The family tree clearly shows the dragon and the human female were partners. Girard's mother, and her ancestry (as well as the non-Draketooth parent of everyone but the three half-dragons in the family tree), is simply ignored, probably because they're just plain regular humans.

LordRahl6
2012-03-01, 03:06 PM
Haven't you guys heard of Polymorph? Bahamut could do it excellently?:smallconfused: