PDA

View Full Version : Rate Girard Gate

psijac
2012-02-29, 12:50 AM
We see a spell list of illusions on the wall. Just for the Canyon though. How would you rate the defenses they placed? Since the Crayons Of Time I felt relying on illusions would be the weakest defense.

Vemynal
2012-02-29, 01:51 AM
You can read that? I can't make it out

psijac
2012-02-29, 01:56 AM
Here's what I can make out. It's blurry on my screen too.

GINA MIRAGE ARCANA
ORRIN PHANTASMAGORIA
SAMU SCREEN
KANTA SHIFTING PATHS
VENNA SHIFTING PATHS
TIRAN SR. ILLUSORY PIT
TIRAN JR. MISDITECTION
DYLAN FALSE VISION
LIANA WALL OF GLOOM

Days of the week, monday to sunday, are across the top.
Someone else was able to read it

Velaryon
2012-02-29, 02:47 AM
By themselves, I would rate the illusions cloaking the canyon fairly low. But considering that they're supposed to be maintained by an entire clan of spellcasters, some of whom are pretty powerful, they were never intended to be the only line of defense.

I don't think it's fair to penalize them for being vulnerable to Familicide, and if not for that then the place would be crawling with Draketooths. So unless it turns out that this whole scenario is a cleverly crafted illusion, then we will never see the entirety of Girard's intended defenses for the Gate.

I suppose that's what comes of trusting only family to help you guard the gate though.

Nightmarenny
2012-02-29, 02:51 AM
Also presumable Girard(If he's still around) would be required to cast any epic illusions ever time it needs casting which wouldn't be on the chart.

Dr. Gamera
2012-02-29, 08:19 AM
I laughed. I cried. I fell down. It became a part of me. It was better than Cats. I'd see it again and again. Nice beat, easy to dance to, I'll give it a 10.

More seriously, isn't this a little premature?