PDA

View Full Version : Who did ABD visit?

toughluck
2012-02-29, 09:53 AM
Question as in the title: When Momma Black Dragon relates her story in #628 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0628.html), who was the uncle that she visited?

I say it was Girard, going by the rule of plot, any takers?

ellindsey
2012-02-29, 09:56 AM
Question as in the title: When Momma Black Dragon relates her story in #628 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0628.html), who was the uncle that she visited?

Absolutely not Girard. How would Girard and the ABD be siblings? That doesn't even begin to make sense.

It may have been the black dragon two generations above Girard however.

Quild
2012-02-29, 09:57 AM

Maybe it was Girard's grandfather. It hardly matters.

Fitzclowningham
2012-02-29, 10:02 AM
Whoever he was, he's dead now.

Studoku
2012-02-29, 10:05 AM
Do you even know what an uncle is?

YABD's uncle would be his parent's brother or his parent's sister's mate, so one of the following:

ABD's brother- a dragon
ABD's mate's brother- must be a dragon as YABD is clearly full-dragon
ABD's sister's mate- still unlikely unless Girard had a relationship with a dragon.
ABD's mate's sister's mate- Same issue.

The far more likely plot-related answer would be the dragon at the top of the Draketooths' family tree. This also explains how the Draketooths were wiped out by V's familicide.

toughluck
2012-02-29, 10:11 AM
Absolutely not Girard. How would Girard and the ABD be siblings? That doesn't even begin to make sense.

It may have been the black dragon two generations above Girard however.

Or she could say his uncle (or great uncle) twice removed (it's likely that ABD and Girard were at most cousins 2-r.) -- does it matter now? I say it doesn't -- she said uncle, she didn't need to provide any details since she wasn't describing her family tree.

I just think it might be a nice (albeit minor) detail to pick nits over.

toughluck
2012-02-29, 10:15 AM
Do you even know what an uncle is?
Do you really have to start with an ad hominem?

YABD's uncle would be his parent's brother or his parent's sister's mate, so one of the following:

ABD's brother- a dragon
ABD's mate's brother- must be a dragon as YABD is clearly full-dragon
ABD's sister's mate- still unlikely unless Girard had a relationship with a dragon.
ABD's mate's sister's mate- Same issue.

The far more likely plot-related answer would be the dragon at the top of the Draketooths' family tree. This also explains how the Draketooths were wiped out by V's familicide.

She didn't say she was visiting a dragon, however. Although now that I think of it, we don't know when Girard died -- he may have died a few years ago, or just a few weeks ago -- ABD may have visited him for his funeral, given that Girard was an important persona in the family.