PDA

View Full Version : Adding after Subtraction

homersolo
2012-02-29, 02:04 PM
We recently saw the Linear Guild beef up to fill in where it needed. We know that our group is losing its halfling tracker. We know that Xykon has defeated two Epic level players in the Order of the Scribble.

Because insane theories are turning out to be true, I'll throw my own theory into the ring that I hadn't seen posted yet outright (but alluded to, I'm sure). Serini or Girard will become a member of the Order to the Stick. I'm not sure which it will be because they both make some sense. With Belkar dead, the group will be sans a tracker. Girard was a tracker. However, we know that Serini didn't want to retire and didn't stick around her gate, so she could be anywhere really. Problem with her is that she is a rogue and we already have one of those.

And the really insane theory is the Krangaar will re-emerge from the rift to replace the barbarian/tracker of the party.

JCarter426
2012-02-29, 02:13 PM
Doesn't seem likely to me. The Order of the Scribble are all epic. They have abilities that put the dreadfully incompetent Order of the Stick to shame. Basically, it would make everything too easy for them. I could see one of them becoming a temporary ally and/or showing up for the final battle, but not as a permanent member.

Besides, it's clear that Psteve will return. :smalltongue:

ObadiahtheSlim
2012-02-29, 04:02 PM
Serini may have been killed by Xykon. How else do you think he got his undead hands on that journal?

MyNameIsSecret
2012-02-29, 04:17 PM
Doesn't seem likely to me. The Order of the Scribble are all epic. They have abilities that put the dreadfully incompetent Order of the Stick to shame. Basically, it would make everything too easy for them. I could see one of them becoming a temporary ally and/or showing up for the final battle, but not as a permanent member.

I second this.

Castamir
2012-03-01, 08:18 AM
They have epic abilities, but may lack the skill to use them. Serini in particular screams of Elan-like levels of incompetence to me.

A good writer could pull this trick without unbalancing the OOTS. And remind me, do we have a good writer around?

Chess Tyrant
2012-03-01, 08:27 AM
Well, Girard has at least two levels of ranger...

If V gets offed along with Belkar, he could fill the void quite nicely.

Xapi
2012-03-01, 08:30 AM
Yeah, I think this is unlikely, because the vast level difference between Girard and the Order would make this a "invincible DMPC" situation that I believe Rich will want to avoid.

I know, there's no Players, but the analogy stands. We've invested emotionally on these character and their quest to stop the evil Lich. It would be very anticlimatic to have an outsider take the biggest share of taht burden.

Admiral
2012-03-01, 08:41 AM
Based on the events in yesterday's comic, #842,

it certainly looks like Girard is dead as the result of Varsuuvius's spell (if he were even still alive at the time, which is unclear). Isn't he the figure at the center of the family tree?

Of course, there are a few outs (he could have been on another plane, there could have been a Fortitude save that he made, or he could have had spell resistance), but if that were the case, surely other black dragons in the family would have survived.