PDA

View Full Version : Dragonborn

Kyberwulf
2012-02-29, 02:31 PM
Hello, I have a problem. I have a player that wishes to play Dragonborn...in 3.5. I was wondering how i can do that machanically, or if there was someone taht did this already. I don't have access to the 4.0 Sourcebooks, cause those books would be shelved next to my copy of Mein Kamfp, if i had one.

BUT, apperently he REALLY likes the Fluff from the 4th edition. Such as how they look and all that stuff. I Know, well heard, that Dragonborn where a Prestige class from 3.5? If thats the case, I don't want that. He wants to be a semi-balances 1st Level Character.

Thrice Dead Cat
2012-02-29, 02:35 PM
Dragonborn do exist in 3.5, although they are rather different than the 4E execution. Races of the Dragon have the stats for the pseudo-race, quasi-template.

Outside of that, you could take some variety of lizardfolk and call them dragonborn instead.

Hirax
2012-02-29, 02:35 PM
Dragonborn is a template that can be added to any race, it's in Races of the Dragon. It has its own fluff, but you could use the 4e fluff without a problem.

Phase
2012-02-29, 02:36 PM
In 3.5, Dragonborn are sorta... a Prestige Race? It's interesting. It's a template you can add to any character for +0 LA, all you need to do is devote yourself fully to the god Bahamut (but of course that can be waived for fluff reasons.) It's layered on top of another race, but it eliminates all the other race's special qualities beyond their ability modifiers, so a Dragonborn Human may as well be pure Dragonborn, with +2 Con, -2 Dex, and various other aspects.

I've never used 4.0 Dragonborn, but 3.5 Dragonborn can choose between better mental resistances, flight, or a pretty sweet Breath Weapon.

eggs
2012-02-29, 02:37 PM
RotD's dragonborn are online here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20060105b). I don't know anything about the 4e dragonborn, so I don't know how they compare.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-29, 02:42 PM
Just take dragonborn from races of the dragon.

I swear it was on the wizard's site though. :smallconfused:

Edit: Well there it is. I specifically searched "site:www.wizards.com dragonborn 3.5" on google!

Kyberwulf
2012-02-29, 02:44 PM
Opps I meant to say he wants to play a Dragonborn in Pathfinder.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-29, 02:46 PM
Opps I meant to say he wants to play a Dragonborn in Pathfinder.

Half-dragon? 3.5 dragonborn?

Aeryr
2012-02-29, 02:56 PM
all you need to do is devote yourself fully to the god Bahamut (but of course that can be waived for fluff reasons.)

There is a section mentioning that Bahamut is cool as long as you do not revere evil deities so it is not like you "have to devote yourself".

herrhauptmann
2012-02-29, 07:15 PM
There is a section mentioning that Bahamut is cool as long as you do not revere evil deities so it is not like you "have to devote yourself".

Now, is there a good or neutral god that wants to kill ALL dragons? :smallbiggrin:
Why? Because it's funny.