PDA

View Full Version : [Legend] The Jedi

Valairn
2012-02-29, 02:36 PM
So I was attempting to come up with a simple Jedi in the legend system, would it be safe to say that a Monk with the Discipline of the Serpent traded out for the Sage's Just Blade track be a decent corollary?

Mystify
2012-02-29, 03:48 PM
Kinda. You would want some of the telekinetic feats. Disciple of the crane isn't very jedi-like. At all.

I would do just blade/disiple of the serpent(weapon master for grim heritor)/discipline of the dragon.

Flickerdart
2012-02-29, 04:00 PM
Jedi aren't really known for having that much junk on them, so you might consider going Full Buy-in for something to provide you with more esoteric force powers. Lightning Elementalist seems like an obvious choice for a more dark side character. I'm not familiar with the EU, but you could probably snap up a spellcasting track and then say they're all force abilities.

Mystify
2012-02-29, 04:12 PM
Jedi aren't really known for having that much junk on them, so you might consider going Full Buy-in for something to provide you with more esoteric force powers. Lightning Elementalist seems like an obvious choice for a more dark side character. I'm not familiar with the EU, but you could probably snap up a spellcasting track and then say they're all force abilities.

Yeah, full buy in makes sense. I thought about it, and dismissed it, but I'm not sure why.

Valairn
2012-02-29, 05:10 PM
Well I had originally been thinking Paladin, but no trade off really seemed, "right." The monk seems to fit nicely, and full buy in does in fact sound perfect for it, in fact, you could run a star wars campaign pretty effectively with mostly full buy in characters, since the majority of equipment is mundane or "class-based."

Palanan
2012-02-29, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Flickerdart
Jedi aren't really known for having that much junk on them...

Except for carrying underwater breathers into a negotiation which is supposed to take place in orbit. :smalltongue:

And going monk does have a good precedent (http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0004.html).

Mystify
2012-02-29, 07:08 PM
Except for carrying underwater breathers into a negotiation which is supposed to take place in orbit. :smalltongue:

And going monk does have a good precedent (http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0004.html).

Yes, they do have mundane gear. full buy in does not prevent that, and it still leaves you a couple of magic items.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-29, 07:24 PM
Yes, they do have mundane gear. full buy in does not prevent that, and it still leaves you a couple of magic items.

But those are the sci-fi equivalent of magic items. Those and lightsabers.

Mystify
2012-02-29, 07:26 PM
But those are the sci-fi equivalent of magic items. Those and lightsabers.

The lightsabers are a class feature in this build. And full buy in does allow you some magic items. They have a few things, but not a ton.

Flickerdart
2012-02-29, 07:38 PM
Full Buy-in characters still have three items: a Lesser, a Greater and a Relic, before Open Lesser Binding/Open Greater Binding.