PDA

View Full Version : The Last Panel Of The Last Comic

Dark Elf Bard
2012-02-29, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by The Giant OOTS does indeed have a finite lifespan, however, and I already know what the last panel of the last comic will be, so don't expect it to linger around forever.

Speculations?

ellindsey
2012-02-29, 03:54 PM
The members of the Order still in Girard's pyramid, all trapped in their own illusionary worlds, as it is revealed that every strip since they entered the Windy Canyon is just part of an ongoing, never-ending Epic illusion.

Need_A_Life
2012-02-29, 03:56 PM
A presentation of the group as they each are at that point in the style of #120 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0120.html).

Gift Jeraff
2012-02-29, 03:57 PM
All black, takes up an entire row, and in white text it says "The End".

ThePhantasm
2012-02-29, 03:57 PM
Black Background, the words "THE END."

EDIT: Dang it Gift Jeraff, you talented ninja.

rbetieh
2012-02-29, 03:59 PM
Batman punching Banjthullu in the face while one-handed solving a rubix cube and singing the star spangled banner.

Jetty
2012-03-01, 01:40 PM
Somehow I really want Elan to be playing a lute with a tear in his eye whilst he looks at the Sunset on a beach with Haley stood besides him, wearing Xykon's crown.

I've always seen this, somehow, since the Oracle's 'happy ending' thing.

Binks
2012-03-01, 02:10 PM
One of the order (Roy probably) looking down from the afterlife on a new group of adventurers in a fight looking much like panel 1. Unlikely? Yes, but it would be a great 'the story goes on' way to end, and that's my personal favorite type of ending.

Emulgator
2012-03-01, 02:16 PM
Some callback, like in 8 bit theater. Maybe Roy saying: "You know I'm a father to twins now", V says: "Fascinating. I adopted another offspring, so I believe I've got three kids now", annd then...

:elan: I'VE GOT A 4!

jmucchiello
2012-03-01, 02:33 PM
All black, takes up an entire row, and in white text it says "The End".

Are you sure it won't be: "The Order of the Stick will not return May 8th."?
Compare: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0672.html

martianmister
2012-03-01, 03:00 PM
It will be scar...:smallbiggrin:

Belkster11
2012-03-01, 03:10 PM
I like the "come full circle" thing the other poster said, with Roy looking on at a group of new adventurers fighting a bunch of goblins in a dungeon.

Would it be cliched and predictable if the new group looked eerily similar to Roy and his gang?

Hell, that'd be cool.

:roy: They look just like us when we started...
:elan: Maybe they're our long lost twins! :D
:vaarsuvius: <sighs>
:belkar: <to the halfling> Heh heh, stick it in 'em where it hurts!

Copper
2012-03-01, 04:51 PM
The Order all coming together to play a game of Dungeons and Dragons. :)

Particle_Man
2012-03-01, 05:31 PM
I like the "come full circle" thing the other poster said, with Roy looking on at a group of new adventurers fighting a bunch of goblins in a dungeon.

Would it be cliched and predictable if the new group looked eerily similar to Roy and his gang?

Hell, that'd be cool.

:roy: They look just like us when we started...
:elan: Maybe they're our long lost twins! :D
:vaarsuvius: <sighs>
:belkar: <to the halfling> Heh heh, stick it in 'em where it hurts!

Well we know that belkar will be dead, and likely won't have the same afterlife as the others (I think it would be more accurate to say that Belkar would be looking up from his afterlife). :smallamused: So I don't think they will all be conversing with each other in the last panel.

ti'esar
2012-03-01, 05:50 PM
I really do think it has a good chance of being "The End".

jmucchiello
2012-03-01, 06:52 PM
I really do think it has a good chance of being "The End".

I'm hoping for "The End?" Perhaps.

Fish
2012-03-01, 07:52 PM
Bob Newhart waking up in his bedroom with Suzanne Pleshette?

Goosefarble
2012-03-01, 07:56 PM
Assuming for the sake of argument that it's not The End (which I very much expect it to be, but I'll say what I think the second-last panel might be), I'd like some kind of aged Roy or Elan closing a book and saying that that was the story of the Order of the Stick, or something, Princess Bride style.

Hironomus
2012-03-01, 08:27 PM
Somehow I really want Elan to be playing a lute with a tear in his eye whilst he looks at the Sunset on a beach with Haley stood besides him, wearing Xykon's crown.

I've always seen this, somehow, since the Oracle's 'happy ending' thing.

This is the closest to what I had pictured. Elan and some or all of the remaining order standing on a cliff overlooking a sunset over the ocean. Also featured may be, a tombstone, a ship carrying departing characters over the horizen, dead/ divine characters looking down from the clouds or the line "I guess it was a happy ending afterall".

t209
2012-03-01, 08:38 PM
Do you think the last comic would be like non stick figure cartoon strip (like 8-bit theater)?
I think the world would be safe (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0326.html). The predicting catch is that
500 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0826.html) strips later, Redcloak has a mole in it since Elves are too dumb to retreat and scan all the prisoners with Thanh. It also predict Goblins finally destroy the foothold for Azurites until Rich decided to put a twist in it.