PDA

View Full Version : Belkar as a Frenzied Berserker...

Ronan
2012-02-29, 06:44 PM
Would be nice, huh?

Just imagine what he could do as a *foaming*sexy shoeless god of war :P
And a good way for him to go either, in a cloud of his enemies' blood!
Any thoughts?

Eigenclass
2012-02-29, 07:46 PM
Power Attack, which is needed to qualify for FB, would be useless for Belkar since he uses light weapons.

I can see dipping into Barbarian for Fast Movement and the will save+ while raging, to offset halfling base speed and his Wis penalty, especially if he has decent Con for extended rages.

CharityB
2012-02-29, 09:06 PM
I could have sworn he was already a barbarian, but I actually can't remember when that would have happened in-comic. Probably before the Azure City arc...

Eigenclass
2012-02-29, 09:24 PM
Oh, I totally know Belkar's got barbarian levels - I'm just speculating on his motives for multiclassing.

ti'esar
2012-02-29, 09:46 PM
I could have sworn he was already a barbarian, but I actually can't remember when that would have happened in-comic. Probably before the Azure City arc...

Quite a while before, in fact. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0132.html)

SavageWombat
2012-03-01, 12:57 AM
Belkar's build cannot reasonably be speculated about, because he kicks far too much tuchis to be explained. Clearly he has some bizarre homebrewed feat combination we don't know about.

ti'esar
2012-03-01, 01:36 AM
He's got lucky dice, of course.

dtilque
2012-03-01, 05:35 AM
He's got lucky loaded dice, of course.

Fixed it for you ...

Krim
2012-03-01, 06:05 AM
No...just no.

Look, a Berserker needs to make lots of Will saves to esentially avoid butchering his team mates. Belkar has a HORRIBLE Will Save, and will surely fail the first or second "important" save, leading to him horribly murdering someone in the Order (likely, V), and him getting killed to stopped. Or both.

We once had a Berserker in the party. He had decent WIS, took Iron Will, and even had some magic item that enhanced his saves. In our second or third game, he entered in Frenzy with no enemies left, hit our Thane for 80 damage, and had to be put down by the rest of the party. We were very lucky, actually, since he was considering using Improved Power Attack to reduce his chance to hit, but pointed out to him that crit=dead mate.