PDA

View Full Version : Locating a particular strip?

Canisius
2012-02-29, 06:58 PM
I'm a huge fan, and was excited to discover the site a couple years ago and plow through all the comics up to that point (maybe it was more than a couple years, I think I started watching new strips around #410).

Anyway, I usually look at forum comments every time a new strip comes out, and am amazed at how folks can cite earlier strips that are germane to the discussion about the current one. Has anyone set to work on a directory of sorts? I don't own any of the hardcopy collections, and it's tough for me to locate old strips without methodically clicking around for a while.

What prompted me to ask is the series of panels describing how the Snarl ate some of the Gods, but not others. I'm not even sure it was the Snarl, actually..

Anyway, if someone has some tips for searching for old strips, I'd be very grateful!

Also:

I think there'll be a way for Rich to get around the Oracle's pronouncement on Belkar.

LudiDrizzt
2012-02-29, 07:15 PM
...There's a list in the comic archive.

Most of us just remember where things are and when they happened.

JCarter426
2012-02-29, 07:16 PM
Is this your card? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0274.html)
I usually go by memory. I do have a list of where each book ends, as well as a general outline of the story arcs, however.

Canisius
2012-02-29, 07:30 PM
Is this your card? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0274.html)
I usually go by memory. I do have a list of where each book ends, as well as a general outline of the story arcs, however.

Thank you sir - that's the strip. Yeah, that made an impression - there were Roman gods until the Snarl ate them. Wonder how that jibes with the D&D universe? (I've played lots of RPGs, but only two D&D sessions. I got killed early on, and decided to move on.. =) )

(edit to remove "sir or madam". Just noticed that posts show gender).

JCarter426
2012-02-29, 07:33 PM
Greek, actually. And it's sir. That's what that little Mars Ares is for. :smallwink:

Onyavar
2012-02-29, 08:57 PM
...There's a list in the comic archive.

Most of us just remember where things are and when they happened.

Definitely.
Just from the top of my head I could tell you exactly what you will find in the comics 50, 120, 200, 250, 300, 400, 443, 486, 500, 510, 611, 698, 702, 775, just to name a few milestones. I bet that there are other playgrounders who just look here and immediately know what's behind all of those big numbers.
It's scary, isn't it?

For most strips however I just know a general direction where to look, and can interpolate from there. The comic list in the archive is also very helpful if you don't like to enter the direct number in your url box.

Forbiddenwar
2012-02-29, 09:52 PM
Definitely.
Just from the top of my head I could tell you exactly what you will find in the comics 50, 120, 200, 250, 300, 400, 443, 486, 500, 510, 611, 698, 702, 775, just to name a few milestones. I bet that there are other playgrounders who just look here and immediately know what's behind all of those big numbers.
It's scary, isn't it?

For most strips however I just know a general direction where to look, and can interpolate from there. The comic list in the archive is also very helpful if you don't like to enter the direct number in your url box.

you don't remember 600? That one was epic! how could you forget that?
{just proving your point I guess)