PDA

View Full Version : oWoD Middle Ages NPCs

JeenLeen
2012-03-01, 10:20 PM
I'm working on a vampire game set in the year 1500, with an alternative history in that, in the year 1300 (while the War of Princes is still active, before the Anarch Revolt in this timeline) the Baali corrupt parts of the holy land and open a weak/temporary portal to where their demonic overlords live, giving them an army of demons, zombies, and (with Embraces) Baali. The Camarilla (which contains the Lasombra and Tcizimize) forms to cease the War of Princes and join against the Baali. By 1500, Europe is the only part of the known world that is non-Baali. (Well, Europe and Egypt, but the Camarilla doesn't know who defends Egypt.)

As a side effect, for mages, the Consensus backpedals. Paradox does not increase more, Metz does not fall, mysticks never join together as the Traditions, and the Order of Reason is a weak confederation of loosely-allied techno-mages. In response to folk believing in the supernatural and the Baali getting ready to invade Spain, a faction of the Order of Hermes conquers southern Spain and openly rule as mages.

Can you tell me any neat info about NPCs who would be active around that time? Really of any supernatural group, but vampires most of all. I already have some info on Anatole, Sascha Vykos (sp), Hardestadt, and a couple others. I'm especially interested in info on leading Toreador, Brujah, and Lasombra who would be influential and active.

I know the least about the structure of wraiths and changelings. I assume this would undo Banality to a large degree and let the true fey live on earth again. Any insight on important movements for them that would be logical given the established setting?

comicshorse
2012-03-01, 10:40 PM
If Constantinople has fallen there may be some seriously tough vampires knocking around Europe (presuming they survived). Particulalrly the ruling Truimverate of the city, Michael of the Toreador and the Drakon (Tszimisce). Micheal's survival may be rather unlikely as his arch-enemy is Mary the Black of the Balli and if they're are in such a position of power she will have made Michael her top priroity.
Tyler of the Brujah and the leading light of the Anarch movement may have thrown in her lot with the Camarilla out of survival but you can bet she will be working her own agenda.
Karsh the Warlord of the Camarilla (Gangrel) will be in his element as this is exactly the kind of epic fight he has shaped himself for.
Lasombra wise I see Archbishop Moncada as a prime planner for the Camarilla. Finding in the Baali a threat to his church that he will rise to combat. It seems likely with the world being so desperate that Lucita, his Childe may still be serving him, as a lesser evil than the Baali.

Semidi
2012-03-03, 04:08 AM
Of the Assamite Clan, many of the 5th gens would be active including Al-Ashrad, Tegyrius, Jamal (Jamal is 4th gen), Sha'hiri (not dead after Treaty of Tyre), and Thetmes. As well, Azihim ur-Baal would not have led the unconquered out of the clan proper. If the Anarch Revolt has not happened, then the Assamites would not be bound by any treaties and they have a serious hate for the Baali.

The Holy Land is the turf of the Banu Haqim, they're either decimated or fighting the good fight.